Poll

What do you think about Hunting

I LOVE Hunting. I am a big player in the rhino horn and elephant ivory trade!
0 (0%)
I just hunt non endangered animals like deer, ducks and BullWinkles
5 (26.3%)
Hunting is despicable as a sport. It should only be done out of a neccessity for food or survival
9 (47.4%)
Killing animals is wrong. There is never any justification.
0 (0%)
I don't hunt but I support those that do (clarify what level you support)
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

What do you think about Hunting?

• 171 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
What do you think about Hunting?
« on: July 05, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
Here is a few losers the world isn't going to miss. I say sucked in. I don't know why staff bothered to get the remains out of them. Should have just waited for the next time the animals took a shit and then package that shit to the families loved ones for the funerals. That is all they were worth

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6702352/rhino-poaches-eaten-alive-lions-south-africa-game-reserve/

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: What do you think about Hunting?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 06:18:21 PM »
My family hunts, but I don't know anyone who'd hunt endangered animals. I think it's terrible to kill an animal you're not going to eat, or is not an immediate threat to you, or if it is suffering needs to be put down.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
I was torn between the philosophy of options 2 and 3. But in practice, I mean come on.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 07:14:57 PM »
LOL,  they got what they deserved,  but don't confuse that with hunting.   I used to go rabbit shooting,  and fox hunting.   Not so much these days.  If you live on a farm you grow up knowing where your meat comes from.  Townies like shifter would probably starve to death if they had to kill their own steaks.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »
LOL,  they got what they deserved,  but don't confuse that with hunting.   I used to go rabbit shooting,  and fox hunting.   Not so much these days.  If you live on a farm you grow up knowing where your meat comes from.  Townies like shifter would probably starve to death if they had to kill their own steaks.

Rabbits and foxes are pests that cause a lot of destruction. Hunting them re balances the food chain to a more natural order. Good on those that do. I have no problem with killing an animal for survival. Hell, I support Kangaroo culling (as long as its meat and fur etc is not left to waste). Sometimes nature needs mans helping hand.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 12:54:49 AM »
There isn't a "I don't hunt but I support those that do" option.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 01:23:22 AM »

Hmm. OK. I'll add it. I guess just post to what level you clarify. There is a difference between shooting ducks for fun, rabbits for pest control or endangered elephants or rhinos etc for trophies

Know your place

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 01:29:22 AM »
Not enough options. I don't think it's always despicable, I don't hunt, but also I think hunting endangered animals is despicable.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 01:39:16 AM »
Killing animals for fun is disgusting. If you do it, you're a sick s.o.w. and should feel bad because you are bad.

For survival it's okay.

For population control... depends. It's at least questionable.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 01:56:24 AM »
Killing animals for fun is disgusting. If you do it, you're a sick s.o.w. and should feel bad because you are bad.
Yeah it's pretty bad, I don't know why people like it. But there are people who do it for money, and I can't really differentiate that much between them and farmers with livestock. If that's what "for survival" means, then I agree with that option.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 02:47:12 AM »

Hmm. OK. I'll add it. I guess just post to what level you clarify. There is a difference between shooting ducks for fun, rabbits for pest control or endangered elephants or rhinos etc for trophies

I'm for any hunting that doesn't greatly damage the animals population and/or cause an imbalance in the ecosystem. People who safari hunt, often times donate the meat to the region for people to buy. So if the elephants are being hunted to extinction, then efforts should be made to save them without putting undue burden on the people living their (i.e. environmental laws that makes farming all but impossible for someone to make a decent living off of.)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 02:58:36 AM »
People who safari hunt, often times donate the meat to the region for people to buy.

That's as pathetic as it gets. Pretending to cure world hunger and help the poor by killing elephants. Holy shit that's so dumb.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 03:11:00 AM »

I'm for any hunting that doesn't greatly damage the animals population and/or cause an imbalance in the ecosystem. People who safari hunt, often times donate the meat to the region for people to buy. So if the elephants are being hunted to extinction, then efforts should be made to save them without putting undue burden on the people living their (i.e. environmental laws that makes farming all but impossible for someone to make a decent living off of.)
That's bullshit excuses they use to justify their shittiness. Also what do you mean "donate the meat to the region for people to buy"? Do they donate it or do they have people buy it? What?

Also if you think environmental laws are the main reason farming in these countries is so hard to make a living of, or why they are so poor, I don't know what to say.

On the other hand though safari hunters are good for these countries since they bring money to these regions, and they're sometimes good for the species there because the people making money off of the wildlife means they will be more inclined to preserve it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:24:25 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 03:24:17 AM »
Also, if they locals wanted the elephants dead, I'm kind of sure that they are capable of killing elephants themselves, without a rich western retard doing it for them.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 04:03:40 AM »
People who safari hunt, often times donate the meat to the region for people to buy.

That's as pathetic as it gets. Pretending to cure world hunger and help the poor by killing elephants. Holy shit that's so dumb.

You took my quote out of context. I specifically said that as long the population is healthy and won't cause a environmental crisis, I don't care what you hunt or even why. Besides, there are other things in the safari to hunt besides elephants like water buffaloes and gazelles. Like I said, I don't hunt though I would like to pick it up some day. It's a good survival skill.

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 04:09:07 AM »

That's bullshit excuses they use to justify their shittiness. Also what do you mean "donate the meat to the region for people to buy"? Do they donate it or do they have people buy it? What?

Donate as in sell.
Also if you think environmental laws are the main reason farming in these countries is so hard to make a living of, or why they are so poor, I don't know what to say.

I didn't said environmental laws were the main reason. I gave an example (i.e.).
On the other hand though safari hunters are good for these countries since they bring money to these regions, and they're sometimes good for the species there because the people making money off of the wildlife means they will be more inclined to preserve it.

Which is my point.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 04:10:40 AM »
Like I said, I don't hunt though I would like to pick it up some day. It's a good survival skill.

Agreed.

We used to make rabbit stew,  add onions and garlic,  a bit of chilli and rosemary,  throw in some celery and carrots.  Slow cook over an open fire in a cast iron pot, let it simmer all day.   Delicious.

Pezevenk

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 04:13:15 AM »
Donate as in sell.

That's not donation, that's selling.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 04:16:39 AM »
Like I said, I don't hunt though I would like to pick it up some day. It's a good survival skill.

Agreed.
I don't understand the whole "survival skill" trope. What are the chances you're going to end up in a situation where you'll have to survive by hunting, and to what extent is any experience with hunting going to be helpful in that case, given that you probably won't really have any of the equipment normally used for hunting?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 04:21:41 AM »

Agreed.
I don't understand the whole "survival skill" trope. What are the chances you're going to end up in a situation where you'll have to survive by hunting, and to what extent is any experience with hunting going to be helpful in that case, given that you probably won't really have any of the equipment normally used for hunting?

Well I live by the motto "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it." So this is natural step for me. I just don't have the time or money to start right now.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 04:29:14 AM »
I think the 'survival-thingy' is sort of a heritable murican neurological defect. Not sure though, but I can't explain it differently.

Anyway, if it's about survival I think it would be most important to know which plants are edible, how to start a fire from scratch, fishing, making traps and basic medical skills/knowledge. Killing animals with guns...yeah sure...best survival skill ever!

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 04:31:47 AM »
I think the 'survival-thingy' is sort of a heritable murican neurological defect. Not sure though, but I can't explain it differently.

Anyway, if it's about survival I think it would be most important to know which plants are edible, how to start a fire from scratch, fishing, making traps and basic medical skills/knowledge. Killing animals with guns...yeah sure...best survival skill ever!

Sure, learn what plants are edible and make traps, but I'll also add hunting to the mix.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 04:47:13 AM »

I know the ones you are thinking of, some of them are bat-shit crazy,  preparing for the coming apocalypse by stockpiling baked beans and ammunition.  That's not what I'm talking about, it's more a question of living in harmony with the natural world and understanding nature.   

Get out into the great outdoors and breathe that fresh mountain air.   :)

Pezevenk

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 04:56:31 AM »

I know the ones you are thinking of, some of them are bat-shit crazy,  preparing for the coming apocalypse by stockpiling baked beans and ammunition.  That's not what I'm talking about, it's more a question of living in harmony with the natural world and understanding nature.   

Νature is great, but I don't consider shooting up animals to be "living in harmony with the natural world".

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 05:18:08 AM »

Νature is great, but I don't consider shooting up animals to be "living in harmony with the natural world".

It seems that you haven't seen much of the natural world in close up.    :)   

I shouldn't make fun of that attitude,  I am actually completely sympathetic to the view you are expressing,  but nature is not all butterflies and flowers.  There are predators out there as well.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 05:26:21 AM »

I shouldn't make fun of that attitude,  I am actually completely sympathetic to the view you are expressing,  but nature is not all butterflies and flowers.  There are predators out there as well.
Yeah, so you totally have to go out and shoot animals. 100% coherent and reasonable argument. In other words: pathetic.

Seriously, in most first world countries there are very few - if any - predators that would attack humans. And there are certainly other ways to deal with them than to go out and shoot animals.
Especially considering that those very few predators tend to attack from behind without you noticing and then instantly bite your neck, not even giving you the opportunity to use your gun.

By the way, all this kind of makes me think it's you that's living in a town and knows nothing about nature.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 05:37:28 AM »

Yeah, so you totally have to go out and shoot animals. 100% coherent and reasonable argument. In other words: pathetic.

Seriously, in most first world countries there are very few - if any - predators that would attack humans. And there are certainly other ways to deal with them than to go out and shoot animals.
Especially considering that those very few predators tend to attack from behind without you noticing and then instantly bite your neck, not even giving you the opportunity to use your gun.

By the way, all this kind of makes me think it's you that's living in a town and knows nothing about nature.

Just out of curiosity how do you feel against killing introduced pests that destroy the eco system and kill wildlife to the point they are endangered? I love cats but feral cats are a huge problem and have no problem with them being killed.

I wish if cowards wanted to kill an animal, they would kill some feral pests over endangered animals.

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 05:42:31 AM »

I think you misunderstood my point of view, I wasn't suggesting killing predators.   Leave the wolves and lions alone,  they know what they are doing,  you on the other hand clearly do not. 

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 05:46:15 AM »
Just out of curiosity how do you feel against killing introduced pests that destroy the eco system and kill wildlife to the point they are endangered? I love cats but feral cats are a huge problem and have no problem with them being killed.

I wish if cowards wanted to kill an animal, they would kill some feral pests over endangered animals.

For population control... depends. It's at least questionable.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 06:02:04 AM »

No shit, why do you feel you have to participate in that? There is also a lot of rape and poop eating in nature, I'm not going to go around raping random animals and eating poo because they do it too.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)