URGENT DANGER: Strawberry Moon

• 88 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
URGENT DANGER: Strawberry Moon
« on: June 27, 2018, 04:49:32 PM »
It is advised that all Zetetics and free-thinking men and women avoid the septic moon tonight. Do not be coyed into looking at a "Strawberry" moon. This is yet another press tactic that puts funding for space exploration above the safety of populace.

AT ALL COSTS AVOID OUTDOOR CONTACT TONIGHT, ESPECIALLY AT 10:30 PM.

If not, as always, be sure to prepare:
  • Zinc Oxide Ointment
  • Polarized Sunglasses
  • Foil or Solar Filters on open windows

All Zetetics should check in.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:35:59 PM by John Davis »
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: URGENT DANGER: Strawberry Moon
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »
Please note the following sentences.

Zinc oxide protects against UV light. Red light is not UV light.

Polarizing filters still let half the light through. Why you you want half the “harmful” light instead of zero?

Solar filters lower the intensity but still let light in. Once again it would be better to stop all “harmful” light.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 05:11:56 PM »
I've already got my windows covered, and I'll be sleeping under an extra blanket. Thanks for the heads up.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »

Polarizing filters still let half the light through. Why you you want half the “harmful” light instead of zero?

Solar filters lower the intensity but still let light in. Once again it would be better to stop all “harmful” light.

Please note the original post, as I'm not sure I could have made it more clear:

Perhaps I should have made it bold?

I've already got my windows covered, and I'll be sleeping under an extra blanket. Thanks for the heads up.
You are far more wise than some of our members; I fear Sokarul's obsession with the Society stems directly from his wanton attitude towards the dangers of the moon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:36:28 PM by John Davis »

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »
I am thankful that the storm clouds have rolled in, which should afford me moderate protection. In addition, I have pulled the shades and will be sure to stay safely indoors this evening.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 05:56:55 PM »
If the Strawberry Moon doesn't get me, the lightning will.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 06:00:45 PM »

Please note the original post, as I'm not sure I could have made it more clear:

Perhaps I should have made it bold?

You are far more wise than some of our members; I fear Sokarul's obsession with the Society stems directly from his wanton attitude towards the dangers of the moon.
It's not worth my time to read your whole post. Anyways, as it stands, you know nothing about EM radiation. Not surprising at all.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 06:03:13 PM »
It is advised that all Zetetics and free-thinking men and women avoid the septic moon tonight. Do not be coyed into looking at a "Strawberry" moon. This is yet another press tactic that puts funding for space exploration above the safety of populace.
Realists needn't bother. I for one like strawberries, both the berries and the moons.

But would anyone, in their right mind, suggest that looking at a "looking at a 'Strawberry' moon" had anything to with "funding for space exploration"?
 ;D ;) I think not!  ;) ;D

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »
Realists needn't bother. I for one like strawberries, both the berries and the moons.

But would anyone, in their right mind, suggest that looking at a "looking at a 'Strawberry' moon" had anything to with "funding for space exploration"?
 ;D ;) I think not!  ;) ;D

Indirectly it might as a way of getting the public to gain interest in celestial objects.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 06:40:29 PM »
Indirectly it might as a way of getting the public to gain interest in celestial objects.
Agreed and see how ;D ridiculous some claims by flat-earthers are. ;D

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 07:16:29 PM »
Everyone can tell you've stared at the moon one too many times, rab.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »
Everyone can tell you've stared at the moon one too many times, rab.

If it isn't cloudy later this afternoon he will stare at it again as he takes a photo of it. Isn't that right rab?  :)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 07:24:41 PM »

10:30 in what time zone? I think you're in eastern Tennessee,, so Eastern Daylight Time?

[Edit]

The next full moon will be overnight this week on Wednesday and Thursday of June 27 and June 28. That's because the full moon occurs at 12:53 a.m. EDT (0453 GMT), so depending on which time zone you live in, the full moon will be at its best late  Wednesday (June 27) or in the wee hours of Thursday (June 28).

What is it that's so dreadful about 10:30 PM, wherever?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 07:30:14 PM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »

10:30 in what time zone? I think you're in eastern Tennessee,, so Eastern Daylight Time?
In any timezone. As the studies of Ichi have shown, the effects of the moon are reduced during daylight, due to competition between competing defense reactions.

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »
BREAK OUT THE TINFOIL HATS and avoid the chemtrails ...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 02:12:23 AM »

Do you ever wonder why the other school buses are so much longer?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 02:51:53 AM »
Clear:

Went immediately to safe-room after the Warning was issued and have now re-emerged without taking damage.

Danger notice much appreciated.     

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 03:14:29 AM »
I looked at the moon. It turned me into a newt. Is that normal?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 03:15:00 AM »
I got better.

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2018, 03:34:52 AM »
Strawberry moon? That name makes this topic look less serious especially with the all caps. Can you think of a name that can show how serious this is.

Where did the name strawberry moon even came from.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:37:36 AM by Cinnamon buns »
No hate

WTF IS THIS.
I have last fucked a fetö agent to death,

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 03:36:22 AM »
Strawberry moon? That name makes this topic look less serious especially with the all caps. Can you think of a name that can show how serious this is.

Don't they call it blood moon?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2018, 05:05:16 AM »

Where did the name strawberry moon even came from.
Strawberry Moon 2018 meaning: Why is the June full moon called the Strawberry Moon?
The Strawberry Moon will spectacularly light up the night skies tonight (Thursday, June 28) when it reaches its full moon phase.

The June moon is the seventh full moon to rise the year and signals the halfway point of this year’s 13 full moon phases.
But despite its name, the Strawberry Moon will not turn a deep red or pink colour on Thursday night.

So why exactly is the June full moon known as the Strawberry Moon?
The unusual name can be traced back to Colonial America and the Native American Algonquin tribes.
By naming the various phases of the moon, the Algonquin were able to keep track of the seasons and associated changes in the landscape.

And the Strawberry Moon signalled the time was right to harvest ripening wild berries.
Amy Nieskens of the Old Farmer’s Almanac explained: “June’s moon is known as the Full Strawberry Moon.
"Algonquin tribes knew this moon as the time to gather ripening strawberries.”

More in: Strawberry Moon 2018 meaning: Why is the June full moon called the Strawberry Moon?

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2018, 07:35:19 AM »

Do you ever wonder why the other school buses are so much longer?

Eh?
Whot?

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 11:24:07 AM »
It is advised that all Zetetics and free-thinking men and women avoid the septic moon tonight.

Why is this a particular danger for “Zetatics”?

Is looking at the moon too much a threat to confirmation bias?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2018, 01:04:12 PM »
I would tell you to stare at the moon to find out for yourself, but I don't want to wish harm on anyone.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 02:41:03 PM »
There's a lot of fanciful moons from the globe earth community to get us enthused about it. Here are some we missed and some still to come

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »
It is advised that all Zetetics and free-thinking men and women avoid the septic moon tonight.

So if you are not "Zetetic and/or free-thinking" are you immune? I hope so as I was out there looking at it, and Jupiter, and I am pretty sure I am neither.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »
I've just got in from a walk this evening, the moon had just risen and it was a lovely sight. The full moon is very beautiful when hanging over the horizon.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
I've just got in from a walk this evening, the moon had just risen and it was a lovely sight. The full moon is very beautiful when hanging over the horizon.

What does the moon hang from? The dome? And by what? A string?

Know your place

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 03:07:20 PM »

What does the moon hang from? The dome? And by what? A string?

On the off chance that that's a genuine question, I wasn't being literal with the hanging bit.