A respectful questioning of the flat earth

• 19 Replies
A respectful questioning of the flat earth
« on: June 15, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »
First, I want to start with the most simple question you may be able to answer. How do you know the earth is flat? I want image proof and I don't want a model of the flat earth or this cant happen if the earth is round. I want image proof that the earth is flat. I also don't want the "horizon looks flat" that can be explained by the obloid effect which states that the larger something is, the less drastic its feature will be. Its simple logic in that standpoint. Second, I want concrete evidence of an Ice wall and the dome. Now you guys explain that there is an Ice wall holding in all the water and a dome projecting stars, however, If the stars in the sky are so bright they can even light up the night, Why do people in Australia see different stars than in the U.S.A? Second of all, Why would other planets form round, when you believe ours is flat? Do you have image proof that they are round? what if it is an optical illusion making it seem round? You choose not to back that up with evidence or empirical proof of the existence of why we would have formed flat. Now I don't believe the earth is flat but this is a backing of the scientific method of study. Now I have to ask this question to a man named flat earther asshole which is an actual you tuber. You can search if you'd like. he said that boats don't disappear over the horizon, Its all perspective. He said that you would be unable to see it disappear over the horizon because it would become to small. However, Instead of showing us, He zoomed in with a camera and zoomed out saying you could no longer see it. In fact that's not the case. It's a matter of Pixels Per Inch. My Dad owns a boat and when we go out boating we see land disappear over the horizon the farther we get out to sea. It disappears bottom first. When we sail back We see it top first. Now second of all, He also did a poor job of explaining something V-sauce mentioned in one of his videos. the verrazanos narrow bridge has been adapted to the curvature of the earth. How ever He said that the bridge was curved but the horizon was still flat. This does not answer the question however. It was a statement. If you want watch the video. He also mentioned that no flat earther believes in the Idea that the earth accelerates up a 9.8 meters per second despite the fact that there is literally an entire sub topic on it, Lowering his credibility. I want to tell you guys, You treat it as more of a religion than a science. I hear "I believe this" all the time instead of "I have PROOF of this". Secondly, You also say that space does not exist and you acknowledge the other planets, yet you show none of them In your model. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to look at and think about. You want to revise Physics that have worked for centuries, And we have proof of these physics we use. thirdly, an Ice wall? come on. Why would the U.S. want to hide that from us, What would they have to gain? There's literally no reason for them to keep it from us. Finally. You say we've never been to outer space and that it proves the earth is flat. Even If NASA staged the moon landing, How does that prove the earth is flat? The only thing I want to hear back from you guys is proof of how things must work using globe physics, and find something out there that defies those physics in a whole new way to prove why the earth must be flat. I want you to think and find proof to say you know, rather than I believe.  Stay frosty, and remember, If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs.

Re: A respectful questioning of the flat earth
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 05:32:32 PM »
P.S. When I say Use globe physics, I mean Use those physics to find something that says the earth is flat. Because Your physics that have are still technically widely unaccepted, will immediately prove the earth is flat because of the way you change them. I want you to use whats widely accepted because all though yours may be right, Nobody knows that yet. If that means waiting another hundred years for somebody to prove you right do it so you can say I told you so.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:33:42 PM »
Paragraphs my man.  Paragraphs.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:36:54 AM »
Paragraphs my man.  Paragraphs.

Agreed!

That was an unreadable block of text. Allow me to try...

First, I want to start with the most simple question you may be able to answer. How do you know the earth is flat?

I want image proof and I don't want a model of the flat earth or this cant happen if the earth is round.

I want image proof that the earth is flat. I also don't want the "horizon looks flat" that can be explained by the obloid effect which states that the larger something is, the less drastic its feature will be. Its simple logic in that standpoint.

Second, I want concrete evidence of an Ice wall and the dome. Now you guys explain that there is an Ice wall holding in all the water and a dome projecting stars, however, If the stars in the sky are so bright they can even light up the night, Why do people in Australia see different stars than in the U.S.A?

Second [Third?] of all, Why would other planets form round, when you believe ours is flat? Do you have image proof that they are round? what if it is an optical illusion making it seem round? You choose not to back that up with evidence or empirical proof of the existence of why we would have formed flat.

Now I don't believe the earth is flat but this is a backing of the scientific method of study. Now I have to ask this question to a man named flat earther asshole which is an actual you tuber. You can search if you'd like. he said that boats don't disappear over the horizon, Its all perspective. He said that you would be unable to see it disappear over the horizon because it would become to small. However, Instead of showing us, He zoomed in with a camera and zoomed out saying you could no longer see it. In fact that's not the case. It's a matter of Pixels Per Inch. My Dad owns a boat and when we go out boating we see land disappear over the horizon the farther we get out to sea. It disappears bottom first. When we sail back We see it top first.

Now second of all, He also did a poor job of explaining something V-sauce mentioned in one of his videos. the [Verrazano Narrows Bridge] has been adapted to the curvature of the earth. How ever He said that the bridge was curved but the horizon was still flat. This does not answer the question however. It was a statement. If you want watch the video.

He also mentioned that no flat earther believes in the Idea that the earth accelerates up a 9.8 meters per second despite the fact that there is literally an entire sub topic on it, Lowering his credibility.

I want to tell you guys, You treat it as more of a religion than a science. I hear "I believe this" all the time instead of "I have PROOF of this". Secondly, You also say that space does not exist and you acknowledge the other planets, yet you show none of them In your model. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to look at and think about. You want to revise Physics that have worked for centuries, And we have proof of these physics we use. thirdly, an Ice wall? come on. Why would the U.S. want to hide that from us, What would they have to gain? There's literally no reason for them to keep it from us. Finally. You say we've never been to outer space and that it proves the earth is flat. Even If NASA staged the moon landing, How does that prove the earth is flat?

The only thing I want to hear back from you guys is proof of how things must work using globe physics, and find something out there that defies those physics in a whole new way to prove why the earth must be flat. I want you to think and find proof to say you know, rather than I believe.  Stay frosty, and remember, If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs.

See? Isn't that easier to read?

Now... despite the thread title, that was not particularly respectful. You start right off with demands. No one here, regardless of their position on the shape of the earth, is obliged to answer anyone's demands. All demands for answers accomplish is to make you look like a pompous prick, and there are already too many such posters on both sides of the discussion.

Next you address a question to a producer of video(s) on youtube. Can you not ask in the response section there? How do you know he's even here?

Then, lecturing "I want to tell you guys..." is not "respectful questioning". It's not respectful, and it's not a question. As to the "proof" you insist you want, that's not possible. See here for a discussion why. This cuts both ways; you can't "prove" the earth is spherical scientifically, either. That's not what science does. You can only provide evidence that it is.

And, of course your screed ends with yet more demands followed by an irrelevant homily. Perhaps that last is an attempt to appear friendly?

Welcome to the forum, please learn some humility [ETA: and how to break text into paragraphs], and have a nice day.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:39:12 AM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 07:54:19 PM »
I apoligise. In that Article I had no Idea I came off as rude to you. That is on me. As for the demands. I didn't mean to make them demanding. I wanted it more like a " If you want to show me evidence, please provide this." sort of thing. Secondly, I believe that You also came off as slightly pissy. Mind my language.

Thirdly, You do have a point, you can't prove the earth is round, but you also can't prove the earth is flat, however, with the knowledge that scientists have gained, we know that we must be round. We have witnessed rotations of a spherical earth. We have sufficient evidence and analysis of why seasons must occur the way they do relative to the sun.

we also have sufficient evidence as to why gravity must exist because we have observed celestial bodies attracting each other
and we know there must be gravity, the invisible force that attracts anything in the universe (because its so sexy ;) ;) ) must be the cause. the physics we have now perfectly explain all phenomenon in the universe except for a single star that is so incredibly hot that you would melt from 500 miles away. Science works.

Now I also want to get back on track as I have moved farther away from the main topic of this comment. this next part is in full disrespect, and this is the only part of the comment that is meant in this manner. You must have some nerve to think that the entirety of that post was me posting sh*t on flat earthers demanding things from them. I'm simply not.  All I want flat earthers to do Is really question what they're saying before they say it. Now there's only one statement I'm going to leave you with d*ck head. you must be a cactus because you certainly are a prick.

Now, I apologise yet again for that last section, However. I must get back to the second matter at hand. I am deeply astounded mostly at the flat earth "dome" and "Ice wall" Neither of these would work in modern science. I want you (notice that I'm not demanding) to think on the normal principles of electro-magnetics, relativity, Light, Chronolithics, and thermontology. (the study of absolute zero and things relaiting to temperature) and if you are willing, tell me how these two things can exist.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 06:37:40 AM »
First, I want to start with the most simple question you may be able to answer. How do you know the earth is flat? I want image proof and I don't want a model of the flat earth or this cant happen if the earth is round. I want image proof that the earth is flat. I also don't want the "horizon looks flat" that can be explained by the obloid effect which states that the larger something is, the less drastic its feature will be. Its simple logic in that standpoint. Second, I want concrete evidence of an Ice wall and the dome. Now you guys explain that there is an Ice wall holding in all the water and a dome projecting stars, however, If the stars in the sky are so bright they can even light up the night, Why do people in Australia see different stars than in the U.S.A? Second of all, Why would other planets form round, when you believe ours is flat? Do you have image proof that they are round? what if it is an optical illusion making it seem round? You choose not to back that up with evidence or empirical proof of the existence of why we would have formed flat. Now I don't believe the earth is flat but this is a backing of the scientific method of study. Now I have to ask this question to a man named flat earther asshole which is an actual you tuber. You can search if you'd like. he said that boats don't disappear over the horizon, Its all perspective. He said that you would be unable to see it disappear over the horizon because it would become to small. However, Instead of showing us, He zoomed in with a camera and zoomed out saying you could no longer see it. In fact that's not the case. It's a matter of Pixels Per Inch. My Dad owns a boat and when we go out boating we see land disappear over the horizon the farther we get out to sea. It disappears bottom first. When we sail back We see it top first. Now second of all, He also did a poor job of explaining something V-sauce mentioned in one of his videos. the verrazanos narrow bridge has been adapted to the curvature of the earth. How ever He said that the bridge was curved but the horizon was still flat. This does not answer the question however. It was a statement. If you want watch the video. He also mentioned that no flat earther believes in the Idea that the earth accelerates up a 9.8 meters per second despite the fact that there is literally an entire sub topic on it, Lowering his credibility. I want to tell you guys, You treat it as more of a religion than a science. I hear "I believe this" all the time instead of "I have PROOF of this". Secondly, You also say that space does not exist and you acknowledge the other planets, yet you show none of them In your model. I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to look at and think about. You want to revise Physics that have worked for centuries, And we have proof of these physics we use. thirdly, an Ice wall? come on. Why would the U.S. want to hide that from us, What would they have to gain? There's literally no reason for them to keep it from us. Finally. You say we've never been to outer space and that it proves the earth is flat. Even If NASA staged the moon landing, How does that prove the earth is flat? The only thing I want to hear back from you guys is proof of how things must work using globe physics, and find something out there that defies those physics in a whole new way to prove why the earth must be flat. I want you to think and find proof to say you know, rather than I believe.  Stay frosty, and remember, If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs.
I actually prefer hotdogs to porkchops. But what does that have to do with the flat earth?

To begin: why is there civilization on Earth but not other celestial bodies in our cosmic neighborhood?
Why does earth have a tropical rain-forest but not its neighbors?
Why is there marijuana, prostitution, and dinosaurs on earth but not on Mars or Venus?

Do you not see the dangerous results of your thinking? The earth is unique from celestial bodies. Repent your indoctrinated sins as a globularist and join us on a journey of truth.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 06:57:44 AM »
I apoligise. In that Article I had no Idea I came off as rude to you. That is on me. As for the demands. I didn't mean to make them demanding. I wanted it more like a " If you want to show me evidence, please provide this." sort of thing. Secondly, I believe that You also came off as slightly pissy. Mind my language.

Thanks. That's much easier to read, and comes off more like the title suggests.

Rather than devolve into a flame war where we take turns calling each other names, I'll just let the personal jabs in your post go unanswered. Instead, maybe we can see if anyone who does want to try to answer for the flat-earth crowd steps in with an explanation (coherent or otherwise) for what you're asking about. I'm not expecting anything more realistic than what we've gotten so far, which, imo, is malarkey, but you never know.

I see that Ichimaru Gin :] has just stepped in on the conversation with the usual. If, by "celestial neighborhood" he means Mars and Venus, then the answer should be obvious that the environments of those planets are different from ours for purely physical reasons that are straightforward to understand. They are unfavorable to the development of life as we know it. If he means "our part of the galaxy", then the answer to his first question is, of course, "how do you know there aren't?"
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 08:52:57 AM »
The problem for the so-called "RE's" -  self included - is that it is just hard to believe that anyone would even think - much less believe - that the earth was some kind of a flat disc in the year 2018 . Pardon us for our snobbish behavior. A lot of us just come here for the laughs or entertainment at all this flat earth rubbish. LOL.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:56:06 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »
To begin: why is there civilization on Earth but not other celestial bodies in our cosmic neighborhood?
Because Earth has liquid water, a key requirement for life.
What influence would water have on its shape?

Do you not see the dangerous results of your thinking? The earth is unique from celestial bodies.
Every celestial body is unique.
The sun is different from Mercury which is different from Venus which is different from the moon, which is different from Mars and so on.
The only one which even appear to be remotely the same are the multitude of stars, but even then we have significant differences with their brightness and colour.
But other than the apparently tiny stars (as you can't easily tell just by looking) do you know something they all have in common?
They are all round.

Every large continuous object we see is round. Why should Earth be different?

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »

Do you not see the dangerous results of your thinking? The earth is unique from celestial bodies.
The sun is different from Mercury which is different from Venus which is different from the moon, which is different from Mars and so on.
The only one which even appear to be remotely the same are the multitude of stars, but even then we have significant differences with their brightness and colour.
But other than the apparently tiny stars (as you can't easily tell just by looking) do you know something they all have in common?
They are all round.

So according to you the earth has water, therefore it has civilization. Um, what?
I'm glad you can agree celestial bodies are unique from each other.
Sometimes I think you just hit reply for the sake of pushing reply.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

FlatEarthIsNotReal

• My username is a joke
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 08:14:33 PM »
This is a warning. Please do not post low content profanity in the upper fora.
-Ichimaru Gin
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:35:56 PM by Ichimaru Gin :] »

JackBlack

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 02:16:39 AM »
So according to you the earth has water, therefore it has civilization. Um, what?
No. Nothing of the like.
In fact it is effectively the exact opposite.
Other planets do not have liquid water (and other key requirements) and thus cannot support life (at least as we know it) and thus can't have civilisation (as we know it).

Them being unique does not mean they have nothing in common.
All large continuous bodies we know of are round. Why should Earth be any different?
If you want to appeal to something like civilization, explain exactly why that should matter.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 03:39:25 AM »
Firstly, NASA deletes all evidence of a flat earth off of the internet. Secondly, the ice wall is so heavily guarded that no one has ever taken a photo of it and brought it back, but there is evidence of an ice wall through common sense. If there was no ice wall, then why are our oceans still filled with water as surely the water would all move to the other side. As for the dome, holograms do exist but NASA has withheld technology that is more advanced than ones that have recently been created. As for Australia, there is no Australia, sorry, but you have been lied to. As for referring to a flat earther as a "flat earther asshole" if you don't believe it then that's fine but we didn't call you here so there is no need to attack us for our beliefs. After reading that, i have decided not to bother answering your questions. Don't title this thread "A respectful questioning of the flat earth" if you are going to call us "assholes" as there is no need for rudeness.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:42:54 AM by ChineseHobo123 »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 04:50:51 AM »
We need more people like you to show how ridiculous Flatardia really is. Keep up the good work.

Firstly, NASA deletes all evidence of a flat earth off of the internet.
And what about the 2300 years or so before NASA and the internet? Who erased all the flat earth evidence out of all the written books? NASA came along a little too late.

The earth was known to be a Globe long before NASA was even dreamt of.

Quote from: ChineseHobo123
Secondly, the ice wall is so heavily guarded that no one has ever taken a photo of it and brought it back, but there is evidence of an ice wall through common sense. If there was no ice wall, then why are our oceans still filled with water as surely the water would all move to the other side.
We work from evidence here as I'm sure Tom Bishop once said, so please show evidence for that claim.

As for the dome, holograms do exist but NASA has withheld technology that is more advanced than ones that have recently been created.
If you assert that holograms of the dome exist then either show them to us or show some evidence that they exist.

As for Australia, there is no Australia, sorry, but you have been lied to.
So sorry to disagree, but I'm in Australia right now and it's certainly not in southern New Zealand, fair dinkum. I've been to Invercargill and that's certainly not like the Australia I know.
I note that you also posted this rubbish:
If Australia was real, then why do Australians have the same accent as people from New Zealand? Every "Australian" is an actor and the "real" Australia would be in southern New Zealand.
To answer the first question, Australians do not have the same accent as people from Nu Zul'nd as anyone who'd been to both countries would know.
And I've scotched the second part well and truly!

As for referring to a flat earther as a "flat earther asshole" if you don't believe it then that's fine but we didn't call you here so there is no need to attack us for our beliefs.
Now flat_earth_debunker did introduce a "flat earther asshole" in:
Now I have to ask this question to a man named flat earther asshole which is an actual you tuber. You can search if you'd like. he said that boats don't disappear over the horizon, Its all perspective.
Because that YouTube calls himself, "Flat Earth Asshole" and here's the link to his YouTube channel: Jake The Asshole
And here is a very recent video:

A Message from Flat Earth Asshole.... Jake The Asshole, Published on Mar 13, 2018

Convinced yet?

After reading that, i have decided not to bother answering your questions. Don't title this thread "A respectful questioning of the flat earth" if you are going to call us "assholes" as there is no need for rudeness.
Nobody called you "assholes" and there was no rudeness.

But, keep up the good work of making the flat earth look even more ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:53:53 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 09:55:43 AM »

They are all round.

Someones been eating too much of johndavis' poisoned bread...

JackBlack

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
Firstly, NASA deletes all evidence of a flat earth off of the internet.
You clearly have no idea how the internet works.
NASA has no control over it.
Information is not stored on the internet, the internet is merely a way to transmit information, and there are numerous forms which are impossible to stop.

Secondly, the ice wall is so heavily guarded that no one has ever taken a photo of it and brought it back, but there is evidence of an ice wall through common sense.
If it was so heavily guarded people would be able to provide proof.
They could transmit data live, and show all these guards.

It isn't common sense that leads to belief in an ice wall, it is circular reasoning and delusions.
In order for the FE to make sense you think you need an ice wall. Therefore you conclude an ice wall exists, otherwise it would show FE to be wrong.

If there was no ice wall, then why are our oceans still filled with water as surely the water would all move to the other side.
Because gravity (and a few other factors) hold it roughly level with Earth's surface. Water doesn't just magically moves. It falls, i.e. loses energy.

As for Australia, there is no Australia, sorry, but you have been lied to.
That's a bit problematic for you considering I live there. It exists.

there is no need to attack us for our beliefs.
When you spout such nonsense as fact, with nothing to back it up, often with FEers insulting those who accept Earth is round, I would say there is.
If you don't want to be attacked for ridiculous beliefs, don't state them in a public forum.

?

Dirk

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 02:16:30 PM »
... , but there is evidence of an ice wall through common sense. If there was no ice wall, then why are our oceans still filled with water as surely the water would all move to the other side.
No, the proof "Oceans are filled with water, ergo there is a 50 m ice wall" is not correct. The proof "There is still an atmolayer, ergo there is an even higher wall or dome" makes the 50 m ice wall obsolete.

Also, according to FE there are 100 m waves rotating the earth, which sometimes prevent seeing the true (blurred) horizon (required by a flat earth) and present a false (sharp) horizon instead.

Therefore, common sense would say, a 50 m ice wall might or might not exist and its eventual existence does prove nothing.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 12:26:10 PM »
Chines Hobo. Why would Nasa with hold technology?? secondly. Your working by FE physics and not real physics. That Proof of a theory Is the most important. If I said you have 10m long hair, does that make it true? No. I need evidence. A picture of your hair of a in person meet. The same goes for physics and the earth. Where is your proof that FE physics work. Where is the proof that There is a 50m Ice wall? The way we use physics works perfectly to explain the earth. Also, Australia does exist, Ive been there. I know people from there. I have family there. So where is your proof that Australia does not exist. Actually where is your proof on anything you said? You need proof. I'm Not gonna "REPENT for my INDOCTRINATED sins(first of all im agnostic, secondly, Its not a sin to say the earth is round.)" nor am I going to "just belive you". Sorry to tell you but lifes rough, get a Cup.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 08:47:15 AM »
If there is an ice wall guarded by the military why have no military members EVER spilled the beans? In my experience there are always people more than willing to let secrets of all kinds out. There was a story recently about a sailor taking pictures inside a classified nuclear submarine with his cell phone and letting them out. We even had people posting on facebook what the ship was doing and where it was going to be. I was in the military, as were many members of my family, and I/they have never met or talked to anyone involved in an ice wall cover up and I've never seen or even heard of an option for that as a duty station.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:41:42 AM by Chekinitout »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »

Just a question :
Where are you getting your information about an "ice wall"  ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !