Why do they hide the flat earth?

• 5 Replies

ps1 hagrid

• Still on the fence, but flat earth seems plausible
Why do they hide the flat earth?
« on: June 11, 2018, 05:26:18 AM »
Hey, I know the basic evidence for flat earth but not the reason behind it. I've seen some people saying it's to do with money but no further explaination...
I was just wondering what is their motive for hiding the flat earth and who is hiding it?
Fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller

Re: Why do they hide the flat earth?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 09:02:26 AM »
I will tell you the truth, OK? So get ready...

There's no one who's hiding it because EARTH IS NOT FLAT. But people who imagine it must make some explanation why all books, scientists, teachers and all the rest are saying that Earth is ball,so they make this.
I think I helped.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:19:38 AM »
Hey, I know the basic evidence for flat earth but not the reason behind it. I've seen some people saying it's to do with money but no further explaination...
I was just wondering what is their motive for hiding the flat earth and who is hiding it?

It's not about the Earth being flat, it's about space travel. That is the only bit of evidence round earthers claim points exclusively to RET, because that's just how evidence works. Evidence justifies any theory that can be used to explain it, not just the one they'd prefer.
A photo of a round Earth is all they've got which doesn't point to FET too. And it's fake, dating back to the cold war, it's just a cheap political power play. They claimed they want to space when they didn't, faked in accordance with the mistaken knowledge of the time, and since then it's just been assumed as fact and they've crippled scientific inquiry in consequence.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 11:49:09 AM »
I think you're wrong my friend. There's thousands photos of round earth, you can download they every time.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
I see this from time to time, and it makes me smile. Some people think there's no way to prove that the Earth is round without going to space. There is a plethora of evidence to tell us the shape of the Earth, and you do not need to go to space. 20 cheap (probably free) ways to test it out for yourself:
1) Observe an object disappear into the distance... does it vanish bottom first?
2) Observe that moving to a higher altitude can make the bottom of that distant object reappear
3) Watch the sun/moon rise and set. They clearly dip below the horizon and come back on the other side
4) Measure the angular size of the sun/moon as they traverse the sky
5) Triangulate the location of any star using 3 people in 3 different cities
6) Take time-lapse photos of the night sky in the northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere. Notice that the stars appear to rotate in opposite directions
7) Look up the location of the ISS in the night sky and go and see it for yourself
8) Look up the next lunar transit of the ISS and take a video of it for yourself (requires a telescope or good zoom)
9) Measure the rate the moon/sun move across the sky and compare that with round vs flat models of the earth
10) Measure the angle between eye-level and the ocean at different altitudes... does the horizon really rise to eye-level?
11) Notice that the moon is upside-down in the southern hemisphere
12) Try to make a semi-accurate map of the flat earth using commercial direct flights between cities to approximate the distance between them.
13) Watch a shadow climb a tall building at sunset
14) Drive around your city and look at every satellite dish you can find... what radio source are they pointing towards?
15) Take your own satellite dish way out into the middle of nowhere and watch TV with it. Where do you need to aim it for this to work?
16) We missed Venus in 2012, but watch Mercury transit the Sun November 2019. Then figure out how Venus and Mercury must move within the "firmament" for this to be possible.
17) Go see a Foucault pendulum or make your own
18) Take the compass bearing to the sunrise and/or sunset during the next equinox
19) Pay attention to all the tropical storms this summer. Which way to they rotate? See the pattern?
20) Notice the relationship between the phase of the moon and it's location in the sky relative to the sun.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 10:14:53 PM »
21) Watch the constellations of the zodiac, rise in the east by about 5°, while in the west you lose 5° of the Star field, from a night tonight bases.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.