How to prove satellite images are real

• 18 Replies
How to prove satellite images are real
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:29:16 AM »

The above image was taken by the GOES-15 (West) satellite at 11AM (PDT), June 5th, 2017. At least that's what NASA would have you believe. But we don't have to take their word for it, we can check for yourself.

Verifying that satellite images are real is done by comparing them against the "ground truth" - i.e., the actual situation on the ground. Here I'm going to focus on the GOES satellites, particularly GOES-East and GOES-West. The process is:
  • Pick a Satellite with the best view of your region
  • Find out when it will take full-disk photos
  • Pick a day when there's some interesting clouds or contrails in the sky
  • At that time go outside and take lots of photos in every direction (over five minutes or so)
  • Wait for the full disk photo to be downloaded from the satellite and appear on the web site (about 35 to 40 minutes for GOES images)
  • Compare your photos with the satellite image.
#1 - Pick a satellite.  Here's a variety of satellites that give high resolution full-disk images:
Since I'm in California I'm going to use the GOES-West satellite, and get the images from the "Raw West" link, which goes to:  https://goo.gl/zZu2Gh (I've shortened the link, as it's an FTP site, the direct link is: ftp://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/goeswest/fulldisk/fullres/vis/). This gives a list of files like:

The latest file should be at the bottom. The filenames are in the date format YYMMDDHHMM then G15 for GOES-15 and I01 for the image type (visible). So 1706051800 is 2017-June-05 1800 UTC. Where 18:00 UTC is the time in UTC, and you will want to convert it to your local time. I use google for this, like:

(Note both times say Monday, UTC might be a day ahead or behind the local date, depending on what time it is)

So, I took lots of images at around 11AM, then waited and download the 1800 UTC image. This is a TIF file, and not all programs can open it, so try different ones. Then you will probably want to increase the brightness if you can.

There's a variety of things you can compare, but probably the simplest is the cloud cover - and more specifically the airplane contrails that appear in the image. Here's a closer look at a region of California with some landmarks identified. This is simply a part of the above image.

You can see there's a a few contrails there. Notably there's four that form a trapezoid shape around my location. Here I've color coded them:

If you are lucky you will also be able to get a MODIS image from about the same time. This can be helpful in interpreting what you are seeing, but is not strictly necessary:

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/?p=geographic&l=VIIRS_SNPP_CorrectedReflectance_TrueColor(hidden),MODIS_Aqua_CorrectedReflectance_TrueColor(hidden),MODIS_Terra_CorrectedReflectance_TrueColor,Reference_Labels(hidden),Reference_Features(hidden),Coastlines&t=2017-06-05&z=3&v=-122.90918176234946,37.48960532127974,-118.69043176234946,39.81650961815474

Then we just need to compare against the photos. It's best to use a wide angle lens, or if not, you can use the panorama mode on your camera/phone. Ideally you would capture a high resolution 360 degree image of the sky.

This is one I took, unfortunately a few minutes early:

This makes the contrails look curved, but they are actually straight

Here's the view looking west at 17:56. I've indicated the blue and yellow contrails:

The images being a few minutes off means the contrails have moved. This shows the importance of getting the images as close as possible to the actual imaging time of the satellite.

Here's the satellite image from January 21st, 2018, showing a brief large scale set of row clouds that allowed me to match up the GOES-16 image with what I saw over my house:

And here's an image from the Suomi NPP satellite, taken a few days ago over Guatemala:

(Note: when I say "me" or "my house" or "I" what I actually mean is: "some other person" or "their house" or "them".)

Re: How to prove satellite images are real
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:45:24 AM »
Can we be friends?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 02:02:51 AM »
Can we be friends?
I'm sure :) you and max_almond :) would get on famously. You seem to have very similar interests.

rvlvr

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 03:28:35 AM »
Shopped, obviously.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 05:06:11 AM »
Shopped, obviously.
And chemtrails.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:53:49 AM »
'Shopped, obviously.

You mean they employ people to gather data on all the clouds and contrails (et cetera) we experience in real life, and then others (or the same ones?) create corresponding photoshop images of the world from above, and upload them to the web within minutes, totalling hundreds upon hundreds every day?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »

rvlvr

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 11:32:46 PM »
'Shopped, obviously.

You mean they employ people to gather data on all the clouds and contrails (et cetera) we experience in real life, and then others (or the same ones?) create corresponding photoshop images of the world from above, and upload them to the web within minutes, totalling hundreds upon hundreds every day?
Man, I am 100% RE.

"Shopped" was just to be able to say it before FE does, as they'd eventually resort to it. I found your post awesome. A complete antithesis to what FE is able to muster. Theirs is the endless repetition of YouTube videos by other FE'ers who never set foot outside their grotto.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 03:07:40 PM »
These pictures are real until proven otherwise which no flat earther can

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 05:11:13 PM »
Wonderful work. Have you put this into a video yet? If you have a youtube channel, I'd like to check it out.

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »
Point out the chemtrails.

The chemtrails are those white linear thin structures that look similar in composition to clouds.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 07:53:43 PM »

The chemtrails are those white linear thin structures that look similar in composition to clouds.
I think you misspelt "contrails" .
Don't you mean "The ;) contrails ;) are those white linear thin structures that look similar in composition to clouds"?

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »
Water is a chemical.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 01:06:11 PM »
Water is a chemical.

Obvious semantics will really help people to support your side of things, won't they?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
Water is a chemical.

Obvious semantics will really help people to support your side of things, won't they?
But just what is Curiouser and Curiouser's "side"? That seems to get curiouser and curiouser.

Tessa Yuri

• The shortest distance between two points is a lie.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 01:01:11 AM »
This proves satellite images have accurate depictions of clouds, which I confess goes a long way towards showing that they are real.

If I was to be particularly obstinate though (and just let me pre-emptively say that I believe satellite images are real), I could suggest that taking an image from the ground that lines up with one supposedly taken from above is a clear demonstration that such cloud formations do not necessarily have to be "'shopped" to be faked every two minutes.
Tessa believes in the scientific method.
Yuri believes the Earth is a flat disk.
     _________              _________         _________
.<`X######I---I|    |I[][][][][][][][]I|     |I[][][][][][][][]I|
-=o--o====o--o=-=o-o====o-o=-=o-o====o-o=

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 10:25:11 AM »
Shopped, obviously.
And chemtrails.
Why would someone photoshop chemtrails into satellite images?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 11:06:51 AM »

Not going to call you any names. But they are contrails, you (expletive deleted)......LOL
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 04:46:05 AM »
Why would someone photoshop chemtrails into satellite images?

Their decadent perversion knows no bounds.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.