Worse version of Hitler-cancer-aids
1 (12.5%)
Will cause the downfall of western civilization
1 (12.5%)
meh
4 (50%)
One of the better ones
2 (25%)
Totally restores my faith in Disney leadership!  I'm looking forward to buying SJW-bot for Christmas.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Solo: A Star Wars Story

• 9 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
Solo: A Star Wars Story
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:55:00 AM »
Thought I'd start a thread for this movie.  I'm firmly in the 'meh' category.  To me it was kind of weak but not offensively bad.  A lot of the elements just didn't work for me.  Every time I saw an action scene with the Millennium Falcon I couldn't help but think about how the original trilogy did it better.  There are maybe a dozen scenes which made me roll my eyes.

Filthiest line: "Han!  It's too tight!  It won't fit!"
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 09:06:05 AM »
Apparently 70% of it was refilmed, which made it the most expensive SW movie ever. Must have been pretty disappointing for Disney, because not many people watched it. Which is natural, since even the trailers sucked so bad. They didn't even make me slightly curious about the film.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 01:34:47 PM »
I felt like it's between meh and one of the better ones. The story was compelling, the acting was fairly good, but it just lacked the passion that Rogue One had as a "none episode" movie. I do agree, the trailers for this movie were trash.

I mean, it can't be a bad movie if we finally found out what the Kessel run is.  Also, why does everyone in the galaxy know what the Kessel run is if the planet is controlled by essentially the mafia?
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »
I felt like it's between meh and one of the better ones. The story was compelling, the acting was fairly good, but it just lacked the passion that Rogue One had as a "none episode" movie. I do agree, the trailers for this movie were trash.

I mean, it can't be a bad movie if we finally found out what the Kessel run is.  Also, why does everyone in the galaxy know what the Kessel run is if the planet is controlled by essentially the mafia?

The only Star Wars movie I have seen is the first prequel 'Episode 1'

Is this a prequel of that? What would be the best chronological order to watch everything they have released/intend to release cause I notice they are adding side stories as well as back stories

Werenasa XXII - Register here https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=86459.0

Pezevenk

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 11:50:19 PM »

Is this a prequel of that? What would be the best chronological order to watch everything they have released/intend to release cause I notice they are adding side stories as well as back stories
You're better off just watching the originals, which are at least classics I guess, the prequels are shit and the newer ones are mostly rehashes of the older ones or just generic and meh. Well, some people say Rogue One is good, but I haven't seen it. TFA isn't too bad, but it's really nothing special. It's essentially A New Hope 2015.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 09:53:13 AM »

Most of the movie suggests that it happens sometime between Episodes III and IV, but then a surprise cameo at the end really screws up the timeline.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 10:22:40 AM »

Most of the movie suggests that it happens sometime between Episodes III and IV, but then a surprise cameo at the end really screws up the timeline.

Darth Maul survived being cut in half by Obi-Wan. The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels tv shows(which are canon) expand on that.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Pezevenk

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
Apparently no one watched it.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
Yeah, his being around kind of confirms the shows as canon and proves it's between 3 and rogue one
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 03:01:16 AM »

You're better off just watching the originals, which are at least classics I guess, the prequels are shit and the newer ones are mostly rehashes of the older ones or just generic and meh. Well, some people say Rogue One is good, but I haven't seen it. TFA isn't too bad, but it's really nothing special. It's essentially A New Hope 2015.

I liked Rogue one. The rest were cancer.

4 5 and 6 are hands down the best.
BOTD member

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160