Question For Rick_James, beast

• 8 Replies
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »
To all Australians and knowledgeable observers:

In your opinions, have you noticed any tendency in Australia to become more isolationist or non-interventionist than in the past?

The reason for this question is a Christian Orthodox prophecy from the early nineteenth century by the illiterate Serbian boy Mitar Tarabich (known to all Serbians as the Oracle of Kremna) which states the following near the end of the prophecy (this is not the entire prophecy but mostly those parts which are unfulfilled, and I have capitalised the section which appears relevant to Australia):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The whole world will be plagued by a strange disease and nobody will be able to find a cure; everybody will say, 'I know, I know, because I am learned and smart', but nobody will know anything. People will think and think, but they will not be able to find the right cure, which will be with God's help, all around them and in themselves.
"Man will travel to other worlds to find lifeless deserts there, and still, God forgive him, he will think that he knows better than God himself. There, except for the eternal peace of God, he will see nothing, but he will sense with his heart and soul all of God's beauty and power. People will drive in rigs upon the Moon and stars. They will look for life, but life similar to ours they will not find. It will be there, but they will not be able to understand it and see that it is life. One who goes there, God forgive him, not believing in God as it is proper for an honourable and decent person, when he comes back he will say, 'Oh, you people who mention God's name with doubt, go there where I was; then you will see what is God's mind and power'.
"The more people will know, the less they will love and care for each other. Hatred will be so great between them that they will care more for their different gadgets than for their relatives. Man will trust his gadget more than his first neighbour...
"Among people of a nation far in the north, a little man will appear who will teach men about love and compassion, but there will be many hypocrites around him so that he will have many ups and downs. Not one of these hypocrites will want to know what is real human grace, but his wise books will remain and all the words he will say, and then people will see how self-deceived they were.
"Those who will read and write different books with numbers will think that they know the most. These learned men will let their lives be led by their calculations, and they will do and live exactly how these numbers tell them. Among these learned men there will be good and evil men. The evil ones will do evil deeds. They will poison air and water and spread pestilence over the seas, rivers and earth, and people will start to die suddenly of various ailments. Those good and wise will see that all this effort and hard work is not worth a penny and that it leads to the destruction of the world, and instead of looking for wisdom in numbers they will start to seek it in meditation."
"When they start to meditate more, they will be closer to God's wisdom, but it will be too late because the evil ones will already ravage the whole Earth and men will start to die in great numbers. Then people will run away from cities to the country and look for the mountains with three crosses, and there, inside, they will be able to breathe and drink water. Those who will escape will save themselves and their families, but not for long, because a great famine will appear. There will be plenty of food in towns and villages, but it will be poisoned. Many will eat because of hunger and die immediately. Those who will fast to the end will survive, because the Holy Ghost will save them and they will be close to God.
"The greatest and the angriest will strike against the mightiest and the most furious! When this horrible war starts, woe to those armies that fly over skies; better off will be those who fight on ground and water.
"People waging this war will have their scientists who will invent different and strange cannonballs. When they explode, these cannonballs instead of killing will cast a spell over all that lives—people, armies and livestock. This spell will make them sleep, and sleep they will instead of fighting, and after this they will come back to their senses.
"We will not fight in this war, but others will do battle over our heads. Burning people will fall from the sky over Pozega [a town in Serbia]. ONLY ONE COUNTRY AT THE END OF THE WORLD, SURROUNDED BY GREAT SEAS, AS BIG AS OUR EUROPE, WILL LIVE IN PEACE, WITHOUT ANY TROUBLES... UPON IT OR OVER IT, NOT A SINGLE CANNONBALL WILL EXPLODE.  Those who will run and hide in the mountains with three crosses will find shelter and will be saved to live after in abundance, happiness and love, because there will be no more wars..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I add two things:
1) Anyone thinking that the above statement is identical with or precludes the wars of the Apocalypse is mistaken.
2)  The prophecy in its entirety (with historical comment on the fulfilled portions relating largely but not exclusively to Serbia) is available on-line:
www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/MitarTarabich.html

- Dionysios

?

Red Skull

• High Chancellor
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 03:29:18 PM »
I'm a Serb, but I've never heard about this before. Seems interesting.

Strength Through Unity. Unity Through Faith.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
Nice to hear from you again after so long, Dionysios!

Certainly, the dimensions and location of Australia match those specified in the prophecy, and I can think of no other landmass fitting the bill so well.

If you don't mind a minor deviation, I have a couple of questions regarding your interpretation of this divination.

Is the strange disease referred to a venereal disease?

I'm more inclined to think it to be cancer, which has been on the rise in recent years. As a long time smoker, I empathise with the 'I know, I know, because I am learned and smart', having many times discounted the disdain of friends and accquantances on similar grounds and by describing in great and gory detail the alleged biological effects of prolonged tobacco use.

That the cure for cancer will be "God's help, all around them and in themselves" is I think particularly relevant. In the Flat Earth News of July 1978, Johnson in the article "Tobacco: God's Gift to Man" reveals the medicinal and nutritional value of hand-rolling tobacco (the only form I use), and explains that in a bid to reduce the health of the Earth's population, the Conspiracy has incepted a false tobacco-hating campaign (which we are seeing the far-reaching effects of especially here in Britain!), planting poisons in pre-rolled cigarettes and spreading myths about the effects of smoking.

Is the rise in cancer actually CAUSED BY THE REDUCTION IN SMOKING? Could it be that "God's help" is tobacco itself, and that we can reduce the prevalance of cancer and many other dangerous diseases and infections by lighting up a litte more often?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

beast

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:51:44 PM »
I don't think we've seen any significant changes.  We're very active in our region - every time a country has any problems we're the first country to get involved and also often to send troops.  We've also obviously got troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and we've been pushing to be more involved in the Asian region.

I guess you could say that we seem more selfish than we did in the past - we've been making a number of decisions that seem to be aimed purely at our best interests and screwing over some of the neighbouring countries, while making other decisions pandering to much larger more powerful countries.  

However certainly I would say that we're at least as interventionist as we've been in our history - if not even more interventionist.  I'm not sure if we're more isolationist or not.  Certainly some people would say we're more aggressive but I think we're very committed to security in our region and, indeed, the world.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »
It is common knowledge that you guys have been one of the principle allies of Britain and America in wars since at least the Anzac campaign in World War I.  And I am aware of close ties between Australia and Southeast Asia and other countries abroad via the CIA and organized crime involvement in international narcotics trading as described by Alfred McCoy in 'The Politics of Heroin' who has also written a separate book entitled 'Drug Traffic:  Narcotics and Organized Crime in Australia'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_W._McCoy
http://seasia.wisc.edu/People/Alfred%20McCoy.htm

However, history does show that such international empires and their vestiges rise and fall - in other words these things go in cycles.  The American Empire grew from a branch of the British Empire, and Australia is certainly not at the beginning point of its cycle.  Somewhere (whether gradually or suddenly) an opposite trend must emerge.

I have noticed a number of books coming out of Australia lately which tend to express dissatisfaction with the political status quo.  The other factor is Australia's undeniable relative physical isolation.

As far as other particulars of the prophecy to which Dogplatter refers, I do not comment as I honestly had in mind the relevance of the latter parts of the Oracle of Kremna to several more ancient (primarily Greek Orthodox) prophecies.  I can post these here or in a separate post, but I prefer to first hear Rick's comments.

- Dionysios

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 06:53:30 AM »
I agree pretty much with what beast said - we are quite active at international affairs at the moment, and have been since 20th century transport has enabled us.

Certainly, our isolation would have been a hinderance in the past, but with the increase in affordable, timely transport overseas, I see this as less of a problem now. Clearly this may be revisted as fossil fuels burn out.

The political situation can be annoying, but to be honest we paved our path here. The opposing parties represent fairly different fundamental principals from even 30 years ago (where i would (possibly mistakenly) assume the US. parties' fundamental principals have remained fairly steady). I feel this has happened as the public demanded it, and the only way out of this hole is for enough people to realise they need to do something about it at the polls.

The passage interested me for a particular reason. Clearly such a situation could not unfold presently due to our reduced isolation (see above), but in a world where fossil fuel supplies had evaporated, and overseas travel was not so commonplace, I could see how such isolation could provide for such a harmonious place. On the flipside, we could be forced in the opposite direction.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 04:44:26 PM »
If the 1930's and 1940's are any indication, famine preceeded war.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 10:34:39 PM »
True, but with the current unrest in the world, and the divisions between large parts of our "Multicultural society", if we were cut-off from the rest of the world, I could defintely see conflict eventuating before famine.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
Not relating solely to Australia bt rather to the entire World is another Slavic prophecy by Saint Nilus the Myrrh Streamer (in the year 1651) which relates specifically to the twentieth century:
http://members.cox.net/orthodoxheritage/St.%20Nilus.htm
http://ocafs.oca.org/FeastSaintsLife.asp?FSID=101323

The Prophecy of Saint Nilus the Myrrh Streamer ~

"After the year 1900, toward the middle of the twentieth century, the people of that time will become unrecognizable. When the time of the advent of the antichrist approaches, people's minds will grow cloudy from carnal passions, and dishonor and lawlessness will grow stronger. Then the world will grow unrecognizable. People's appearances will change, and it will be impossible to distinguish men from women due to their shamelessness in dress and style of hair. These people will be cruel and will be like wild animals because of the temptations of the antichrist. There will be no respect for parents and elders, love will disappear, and Christian pastors, bishops, and priests will become vial men, completely failing to distinguish the right-hand way from the left.

At that time, the morals and Traditions of Christians and of the Church will change. People will abandon modesty, and dissipation will reign. Falsehood and greed will attain great proportions, and woe to those who pile up treasures. Lust, adultery, homosexuality, secret deeds, and murder will rule in society.

At that future time, due to the power of such great crimes and licentiousness, people will be deprived of the grace of the Holy Spirit, which they received in Holy Baptism, and equally of remorse. The churches of God will be deprived of God-fearing and pious pastors, and woe to the Christians remaining in the world at that time; they will completely lose the true faith because they will lack the opportunity of seeing the light of knowledge from anyone at all. They will separate themselves out of the world in holy refuges in search of lightening of their spiritual sufferings, but everywhere they will meet obstacles and constraints.

...And this will result from the fact that the antichrist wants to be lord over everything and become the ruler of the whole universe, and he will produce miracles and fantastic signs. He will also give depraved wisdom to an unhappy man so that he will discover a way by which one man can carry on a conversation from one end of the earth to the other. At that time, men will also fly through the air like birds and descend to the bottom of the sea like fish. And when they have achieved all this, these unhappy people will spend their lives in comfort without knowing, poor souls, that it is the deceit of the antichrist. And the impious one! - he will so complete science with vanity, that it will go off the right path and lead people to lose faith in the existence in God.

...Then God will see the downfall of the human race and will shorten the days for the sake of those few who are being saved, because the enemy wants to lead even the chosen into temptation, if that is possible.

...Then the sword of chastisement will suddenly appear to kill the perverter."

Quote from: "Rick_James"
I could defintely see conflict eventuating before famine.

A number of prophecies concern predictions of wars and famine, particularly a number of ancient Christian prophecies relating to a future Christian King of the Roman Empire at Constantinople who restores the World to righteousness and peace before the coming of antichrist.  Some of the earliest of these prophecies were made by Saint Methodius which actually reveals things such as the plague of beasts which will burst free from the prison in which Alexandre the Great sealed them in the North in days after the righteous King of Rome (Constantinople) as well as the city in which antichrist will be born:
www.rexresearch.com/prophist/phf3eu~1.htm#PHF31
http://ocafs.oca.org/FeastSaintsLife.asp?FSID=101759

The Prophecies of Saint Methodius (late third century AD) ~

"A time will come when the enemies of Christ will boast: "We have subjected the earth and all its inhabitants, and the Christians cannot escape our hands." Then a Roman Emperor will arise in great fury against them... Drawing his sword, he will fall upon the foes of Christianity and crush them. Then peace will reign on earth, and priests will be relieved of all their anxieties.

"In the last period Christians will not appreciate the great grace of God who provided a monarch, a long duration of peace, a splendid fertility of the earth. They will be very ungrateful, lead a sinful life, in pride, vanity, unchastity, frivolity, hatred, avarice, gluttony, and many other vices, [so] that the sins of men will stink more than a pestilence before God. Many will doubt whether the Catholic faith is the true and only saving one and whether the Jews are correct when they still expect the Messiah. Many will be the false teachings and resultant bewilderment. The just God will in consequence give Lucifer and all his devils power to come on earth and tempt his godless creatures...

"...Then suddenly tribulation and distress will arise against them [the Moslems]. The King of the Greeks, i.e., the Romans, will come out against them in anger, roused as from a drunken stupor like one whom men had thought dead and worthless [Psalms 77:65]. He will go forth against them from the Ethiopian sea and will send the sword and desolation into Ethribus, their homeland, capturing their women and children living in the Land of Promise [Israel]. The sons of the king will come down with the sword and cut them off from the earth. Fear and trembling will rush upon them and their wives and their children from all sides. They will mourn their offspring, weeping over them and all the villages in the lands of their fathers. By the sword they will be given over into the hands of the king of the Romans -- to captivity, death, and decay.

"The King of the Romans will impose his yoke upon them seven times as much as their yoke weighed upon the earth. Great distress will seize them; tribulation will bring them hunger and thirst. They, their wives, and their children will be slaves and serve those who used to serve them, and their slavery will be a hundred times more bitter and hard. The earth which they destituted will then be at peace; each man will return to his own land and to the inheritance of his fathers... Every man who was left captive will return to the things that were his and his fathers', and men will multiply upon the once desolated land like locusts. Egypt will be desolated, Arabia burned with fire, the land of Ausania burned, and the sea provinces pacified. The whole indignation and fury of the King of the Romans will blaze forth against those who deny the Lord Jesus Christ. Then the earth will sit in peace and there will be great peace and tranquillity upon the earth such as has never been nor ever will be any more, since it is the final peace at the End of Time...

"Then the "Gates of the North" will be opened and the strength of those nations which Alexander shut up there will go forth. The whole earth will be terrified at the sight of them; men will be afraid and flee in terror to hide themselves in mountains and caves and graves. They will die of fright and very many will be wasted with fear. There will be no one to bury the bodies. The tribes which will go forth from the North will eat the flesh of men and will drink the blood of beasts like water. They will eat unclean serpents, scorpions, and every kind of filthy and abominable beast and reptile which crawls upon the earth. They will consume the dead bodies of beasts of burden and even women's abortions. They will slay the young and take them from their mothers and eat them. They will corrupt the earth and contaminate it. No one will be able to stand against them.

"After a week of years, when they have already captured the city of Jappa, the Lord will send one of the princes of his host and strike them down in a moment. After this the King of the Romans will go down and live in Jerusalem for seven and a half-seven times, i.e., years. When the ten and a half years are completed the Son of Perdition will appear.

"He will be born in Chorazaim, nourished in Bethsaida, and reign in Capharnaum. Chorazim will rejoice because he was born in her, and Capharnaum because he will have reigned in her. For this reason in the Third Gospel the Lord gave the following statement: "Woe to you, Chorazaim, woe to you Bethsaida, woe to you Capharnaum --- if you have risen up to heaven, you will descend to hell" [Luke 10:13, 15]. When the Son of Perdition has arisen, the King of the Romans will ascend Golgotha upon which the wood of the Holy Cross is fixed, in the place where the Lord underwent death for us. The king will take the crown from his head and place it upon the cross and stretching out his hands to heaven will hand over the kingdom of the Christians to God the Father. The cross and crown of the king will be taken up together to heaven. This is because the Cross on which our Lord Jesus Christ hung for the common salvation of all will begin to appear before him at his coming to convict the lack of faith of the unbelievers. The prophecy of David which says, "In the last days Ethiopia will stretch out her hand to God" [Psalm 67:32] will be fulfilled in that these last men who stretch out their hands to God are from the seed of Chuseth, the daughter of Phol, king of Ethiopia. When the Cross has been lifted up on high to heaven, the King of the Romans will directly give up his spirit. Then every principality and power will be destroyed that the Son of Perdition may manifest...

"When the Son of Perdition appears, he will be of the tribe of Dan, according to the prophecy of Jacob. This enemy of religion will use a diabolic art to produce many false miracles, such as causing the blind to see, the lame to walk, and the deaf to hear. Those possessed with demons will be exorcised. He will deceive many and, if he could, as our Lord has said, even the faithful elect.

"Even the Antichrist will enter Jerusalem, where he will enthrone himself in the temple as a god (even though he will be an ordinary man of the tribe of Dan to which Judas Iscariot also belonged).

"In those days, the Antichrist will bring about many tribulation; but God will not allow those redeemed by the divine blood to be deceived. For that reason, he will send his two servants, Enoch and Elias, who will declare the prodigies of the Antichrist to be false, and will denounce him as an impostor. After the death and ruin of many, he will leave the Temple in confusion; and many of his followers will forsake him to join the company of the righteous. The seducer, upon seeing himself reproached and scorned, will become enraged and will put to death those saints of God. It is then that there will appear the sign of the Son of Man, and he will come upon the clouds of heaven."