Geography question

• 307 Replies
Geography question
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »
Wow.   This is an example of what happens when you take facts out  and then ask a question.   If you take away the facts, then ask if the world is round, it makes for a lot of theories.   I choose to look at facts, however.  If the government is just pulling a gigantic snow-job on me, then they are doing a great job!   If they are that good, I would probably do well to not question them, because they are God.   I'm sure that the government wrote the bible just to be able to control the world.

I love the logic here.   God is love...love is blind...God is Ray Charles.

I'm not making an argument on god or any religions/deities, that was just an example, so leave it alone, ladies.
am not senDing sublIminal mEssages

Geography question
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »
Quote from: "Captain_Bubblebum"

it is also just good common sense to check behind you when on a boat incase any gays try to slip you a wet willy.

hahahahaha.   classic!  I will remember to cover my arse when on the high seas

Geography question
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
>Insert Mindless Drivel Here<

I edited your quote for clarity and readability.  I hope you don't mind.

?

Tom Bishop

Geography question
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2007, 12:52:52 PM »
Quote from: "MeatMonkey"
They never sail in absolute straight lines.

Really? That's not what Captain Bubblegum says in his post which is exactly above yours. If he really is a Ship captain then I think he has some issue with your statement.

You're begging the question btw.

You must understand that the electronic navigational equipment boat and aeroplane captains use has been designed from the ground up, calibrated to the magnetic north, in a flat earth environment. West is not "a straight line to the left," but a slight arc that spans around the world.

It's not that hard to understand.

Geography question
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »

You must understand that the electronic navigational equipment boat and aeroplane captains use has been designed from the ground up, calibrated to the magnetic north, in a flat earth environment. West is not "a straight line to the left," but a slight arc that spans around the world.

Translation:  "durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....drool...durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Make sure you put in that application for the special Olympics.   Wait..I just realized that's why they don't have sailing in the special Olympics.   the retards are afraid they'll fall off the end of the earth or run into the "ice wall"

?

Tom Bishop

Geography question
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2007, 01:02:02 PM »
Quote from: "NinjaMidgetOwnsU"

Translation:  "durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....drool...durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Make sure you put in that application for the special Olympics.   Wait..I just realized that's why they don't have sailing in the special Olympics.   the retards are afraid they'll fall off the end of the earth or run into the "ice wall"

Why do you feel the need to ridicule us? Can't you just explain your points in a friendly manner? We don't attack you round-earthers like that, do we?

The Flat Earth Society has been around since the 1800's. In that time plenty of evidence has come to light to support the idea of a flat earth.

Geography question
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2007, 01:22:29 PM »
And yet when I flip on the science channel, I hear nothing about how the world is flat and this is a "correct" theory that has been around since the 1800's and the facts are so overwhelming that we have no choice but to see that the world is flat.   You have earned and deserve the ridicule you get and should expect to get a lot more of it.   I don't see it as a "need" to ridicule you.  I think it's my responsibility to raise a giant "WTF?!?!?!" flag and waive it around for all to see.

Geography question
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2007, 01:32:06 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Quote from: "Sanirius"
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
It changes from heading south to heading north.

yeah on the compass it does, but it doesnt turn. its still a straigh line.

If you were taking this trip on a boat, how would you know you were going in a straight line?  Exactly, using a compass.

Not all compasses are magnetic, most advanced navigational systems use gyroscopic compasses, because of potential error in magnetic navigation (Iron deposits, electrical storms, not to mention the whole declination problem since True north and Magnetic North are not in Sync (and Magnetic North keeps moving).

Geography question
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2007, 01:36:54 PM »
Ninja, if you had actually taken the time to read the thread you would realize that what Monkey is saying is ridiculous.

Obviously we can't plot a straight line course running west in the FE model. For the simple reason that "west" in the FE model is not a straight line! This fact is not particularly interesting, nor is it relevant.

The only way to tell if you're following a direct heading in either model is through use of a compass.

Following a compass south-east from the same location in either model will bring you to the same location.

Ever hear of a sextant?

Geography question
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
Quote from: "Curious"
Ninja, if you had actually taken the time to read the thread you would realize that what Monkey is saying is ridiculous.

Obviously we can't plot a straight line course running west in the FE model. For the simple reason that "west" in the FE model is not a straight line! This fact is not particularly interesting, nor is it relevant.

The only way to tell if you're following a direct heading in either model is through use of a compass.

Following a compass south-east from the same location in either model will bring you to the same location.

Ever hear of a sextant?

Oh, no no no!   You do NOT use logic with these people, Curious.  It's like trying to reason with an autistic kid.   Consider the FE'ers unable to have a normal conversation...you just treat them like a tenacious child who insists that the dog wrote on the wall with crayons.   It's the same kind of mindset.

Geography question
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2007, 02:20:24 PM »
I think what Midget is saying is that since you guys have the website with the rediculous claims and also has an open forum, then you should be prepared to defend and prove such claims else suffer the ridicule of everyone.

Which if you didn't want any discourse the site wouldn't be a forum, it would be some kind of educational site.

So let me just say either change the site and get rid of the forum or else Shut the hell up and take it like a man.

Or you could like, post some real proof here, like some pictures or the ice wall or these giant radio towers you all claim is there, then of course we would have to be nice to you. That's all we want, proof. Not some book written by some wackaloon a hundred years ago, real verifiable proof.

West is not "a straight line to the left," but a slight arc that spans around the world.

Once again, to answer this I will quote myself:

You know, forget about East and West for the moment. Just tell me if you can follow the course in the FE pic and hit the Ice wall. I assume you can?

Now, if we lived on a Round Earth, you could follow the same course and end up where I said you would?

Now, explain how in real life you can do this, but on a flat earth you would hit the Ice wall?

That's the second time I've quoted that. It's called "Reading Comprehension" people, you learned it in grammar school. I know that was like a long time ago and stuff, but I know you can do it. Just try real, real, REAL hard.
e gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

http://hawanja.com

http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com

Geography question
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »
MeatMonkey, you've got to use facts to prove the earth is round if you want FEers to use facts to defend their FE theory.

most FEers wont accept your agruement because they'll say that you will in actuallity hit the ice wall, and then you'll say no you wont because its been proven there is no ice wall, and then they'll say that you're told to believe that and then question if you've experienced at first-hand a trip around the world and even if you claimed you had then they still are most likely to not believe you out of choice (i actually have sailed the seven seas (although i counted nine) and have seen no ice wall.  i did however see a whale and it was pretty big.  i guess if i squinted really hard i could have mistaken it for the great ice wall...but i wasn't squinting, so i knew better).  

anyway, you've got to state facts as to why the earth is a globe and why the earth couldn't be flat.  kind of like a round theory vs a flat theory sort of thing.

the fact im putting forward is that there is an equator.  this is a straight line which spans the entire planet.  if the earth was flat, the equator ring and all the equatory stuff that comes with it could not exist. FACT.

8-) lol
care to take a gander at my Haemorrhoids?

Geography question
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »
I just want someone to explain why this course I drew is possible (and used) in real life, yet is impossible if the world was a pancake made of rocks with a big retarted wall of Ice cubes all around it. Is that too much to ask?

Geography question
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2007, 03:03:42 PM »
I just want someone to explain why this course I drew is possible (and used) in real life, yet is impossible if the world was a pancake made of rocks with a big retarted wall of Ice cubes all around it. Is that too much to ask?

no

Geography question
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »

So let me just say either change the site and get rid of the forum or else Shut the hell up and take it like a man.

Yes!   Someone understands!

Geography question
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2007, 03:11:33 PM »
you've got to use facts to prove the earth is round if you want FEers to use facts to defend their FE theory.

Oh, I think I see your whole point behind your theory.   That sums it up perfectly.   A long, long time ago people thought the earth was flat.  That theory was here first, hence it takes precedent before anything that comes after it.   There are an abundance of facts that disprove your theory, however, your standard answers are optical illusion, perpetual upward acceleration and government conspiracy.   You use those to say that you have "disproved" all of the facts that show everyone first hand what the earth looks like.

Not to worry.  Very soon there will be a whole industry based on flying civilians into orbit.   At that point you will have to find another avenue to showcase your stupidity.   Until then, you are all still idiots and morons and I refuse to believe in your little pink elephant because it just doesn't exist.

Geography question
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
you've got to use facts to prove the earth is round if you want FEers to use facts to defend their FE theory.

Oh, I think I see your whole point behind your theory.   That sums it up perfectly.   A long, long time ago people thought the earth was flat.  That theory was here first, hence it takes precedent before anything that comes after it.   There are an abundance of facts that disprove your theory, however, your standard answers are optical illusion, perpetual upward acceleration and government conspiracy.   You use those to say that you have "disproved" all of the facts that show everyone first hand what the earth looks like.

Not to worry.  Very soon there will be a whole industry based on flying civilians into orbit.   At that point you will have to find another avenue to showcase your stupidity.   Until then, you are all still idiots and morons and I refuse to believe in your little pink elephant because it just doesn't exist.

see, thats prefectly fine.  now all we need is a reply to that from the "morons"  :)

Geography question
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2007, 03:22:13 PM »

see, thats prefectly fine.  now all we need is a reply to that from the "morons"  :)

I think that would have to be the administrators of this site since, by definition, morons have slightly higher IQ's than idiots.

Geography question
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2007, 03:30:11 PM »
SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!  THEY'LL HEAR YOU! :o  :o  :o

Geography question
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »
ok, i'm confused...are you arguing for or against the FE dreamland?

Geography question
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2007, 04:23:50 PM »
think of me as the neutral dick who doesn't really favour any side until there is a clear winner, and even then i might jump ship.  im really not a good captain. :(

?

GeoGuy

Geography question
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2007, 04:36:42 PM »
:shock:
The sheer amount of ignorance of basic navigational techniques in this thread is astounding.

Geography question
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2007, 04:43:55 PM »
:shock:
The sheer amount of ignorance of basic navigational techniques in this thread is astounding.

i know, it looks like its just you and me who use the old look-back-to-see-if-the-tailstream-imprint-in-the-water-bends technique.  hopefully others will see our way is the best 8-)

?

GeoGuy

Geography question
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »
Earth is far too large for that method to be effective. The curve visible would be even less than that seen from the top of a mountain. That is to say, there would be none.

Geography question
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2007, 04:51:55 PM »
Earth is far too large for that method to be effective. The curve visible would be even less than that seen from the top of a mountain. That is to say, there would be none.

are you sure?

?

GeoGuy

Geography question
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2007, 04:53:13 PM »
Very sure.

Geography question
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2007, 04:59:24 PM »
hmmmm....okay, for now i'll take your word for it (something not very many people do on this site.  that is correct, i may crappy captain but i still have common courtesy towards others) and i'll be back later to either further push my point or accept defeat at the brains of GeoGuy

Geography question
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »

Still begging the question. See, now since I've simplified the challenge by removing all refrence to heading and using the cardinal points, you're now saying it's impossible because of "basic navigational techniques." Well, what is more basic than traveling in a straight line? I'm sure they teach you that in Boat captain school.

By the way:

Me - Still kicking ass with no end in sight

Flat Earth dumbshits - Crying like pussies because I rule so much.

?

GeoGuy

Geography question
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2007, 06:30:27 PM »
Monkey, please tell me how exactly it is possible to discern whether or not you are traveling in a "straight line".

Geography question
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2007, 06:41:26 PM »
You get two points, then you travel inbetween them, the whole time using various types of equipment to check your position, which is a very exact science. Don't say it isn't becasue it is. Since you don't beleive a compass is viable becasue of "curved" east and west, or GPS unit would work becasue of "teh conspiracy," then use gyroscopic compasses and sextants.

Besides this is irrelevant to the discussion becasue I didn't ask if it were possible to travel in a straight line (which you already agreed was possible like three pages back,) I asked if doing so along the way I drew on my map would take you to where I said it would, or if in fact you would hit an Ice wall.  Which you seem incapable of answering without resorting to lies, trickery, nitpicking, or utter bullshit.

Each one of these dumbass posts by you simpletons makes me lose more respect for you. Are all of you so inept at following directions?