I need enlightment on gravity

• 17 Replies
I need enlightment on gravity
« on: May 31, 2018, 10:00:11 AM »
Good afternoon,
I recently discovered flat earth theory and society, and according to https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Flat_Earth_Wiki, gravity doesn't exist, and the earth itself is instead moving, at 9.8m/s².
My question is, why, when I drop (for example) a tennis ball from the last floor of a tower, does it fall, instead of going at the same speed of the earth ? Knowing that ourselves, we move along with Earth.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Re: I need enlightment on gravity
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:36:17 AM »
The problem is, according to the same wiki, earth has a speed limit that doesn't exceed speed of light. Knowing that the earth moves with an acceleration of 9.8m/s², it would reach around 60sec*60min*24hours*365,25days =  85'906'800 m in one year (light speed is around 300'000'000 m/s). It means that in 4 years, earth would reach its speed limit. if earth can't accelerate more than that, how a tennisball, droped from a tower, would fall back to the floor, since the earth doesn't accelerate anymore ?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »
The problem is, according to the same wiki, earth has a speed limit that doesn't exceed speed of light. Knowing that the earth moves with an acceleration of 9.8m/s², it would reach around 60sec*60min*24hours*365,25days =  85'906'800 m in one year (light speed is around 300'000'000 m/s). It means that in 4 years, earth would reach its speed limit. if earth can't accelerate more than that, how a tennisball, droped from a tower, would fall back to the floor, since the earth doesn't accelerate anymore ?

I don't know what wiki you're talking about, but there is no "speed limit". An object can approach the speed of light forever and never achieve it. See Special Relativity https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
Light has a constant speed of 3*10^5 km/s. Earth can't exceed speed of light = Earth can't exceed 3*10^5 km/s. In four years, with an acceleration of 9.8m/s², earth reach more than 3*10^5 km/s.
I don't understand how earth can maintain a constant acceleration without reaching the speed of light, so I'm asking how and why

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »
Light has a constant speed of 3*10^5 km/s. Earth can't exceed speed of light = Earth can't exceed 3*10^5 km/s. In four years, with an acceleration of 9.8m/s², earth reach more than 3*10^5 km/s.
I don't understand how earth can maintain a constant acceleration without reaching the speed of light, so I'm asking how and why

I have just told you to learn about Special Relativity. The earth can continue to accelerate and never reach the speed of light.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »
You haven't explained anything yet, you just threw  a link at me...I'm just seeking for a clear and simple explanation, not a wikipedia link. How an object can accelerete at a Constant speed, without reaching a limit ? That's litteral non-sense. Can you explain me ?

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 01:03:43 PM »
You haven't explained anything yet, you just threw  a link at me...I'm just seeking for a clear and simple explanation, not a wikipedia link. How an object can accelerete at a Constant speed, without reaching a limit ? That's litteral non-sense. Can you explain me ?

Time moves at different speeds in each frame of reference. Velocities are not additive. Acceleration from viewpoint of stationary observer is not constant and slows as object velocity increases. Phenomena at relativistic speeds are not intuitive. It's not litteral [sic] non-sense [sic]. You're just not familiar with it.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »

I don't know what wiki you're talking about, but there is no "speed limit". An object can approach the speed of light forever and never achieve it. See Special Relativity https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity

yeah, but for example, when you are in a car driving on a highway, if you threw a tennis ball straight up, it would be going the same speed as the car. It would NOT go the the back seat. How long has this been up without the NOT?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:04:58 AM by Billy Mays »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 12:09:10 PM »
Billy Mays, this is Q&A. If you have a question about FET you can ask it here, if you want to discuss something you've read in Q&A start a thread in FE General or FE Debate.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 11:55:25 PM »
Did yoi know that, instead of saying this you could answer properly ? After all his reply is leggit, why does this phenomena happen ?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 06:35:32 AM »
Did yoi know that, instead of saying this you could answer properly ? After all his reply is leggit, why does this phenomena happen ?

His reply is not legit. The Earth in the scenario is, in its own frame of reference, constantly accelerating. It is possible for something to constantly accelerate forever and still not exceed c. Things can look very different to different observers in different reference frames. I think that is the piece that isn't falling into place for you.

"Speed" and "acceleration" are different animals. If you want to discuss the speed the Earth is moving, we need to decide to other object we are using as the rest frame.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:37:35 AM by boydster »

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »
@BillyMays--to answer your comment, the tennis ball would keep continuing with the motion of the car because it would have horizontal inertia because it was already traveling in the car; it has nothing to do with gravity whatsoever.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 12:00:19 AM »
There are been many explanations for it like the earth is actually traveling up at 32ft/sec, but because objects accelerate when it falls a great distance, that doesn't seem to prove out well and it sounds silly.

So to make things simple, gravity does not exist and instead Flat Earth Theory embraces the idea of buoyancy.  Like a balloon, some things are heavier than air and they fall, and some things are lighter than air and they float.  Make sense?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »
There are been many explanations for it like the earth is actually traveling up at 32ft/sec, but because objects accelerate when it falls a great distance, that doesn't seem to prove out well and it sounds silly.

Universal Acceleration says the Earth is moving up at roughly 32 feet/sec/sec. That's how things accelerate when they fall in that model.

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 11:49:23 AM »

So to make things simple, gravity does not exist and instead Flat Earth Theory embraces the idea of buoyancy.  Like a balloon, some things are heavier than air and they fall, and some things are lighter than air and they float.  Make sense?

Are you ref to den pressure?

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 10:02:34 AM »
As a physicist and round earther, I can confirm that an object can constantly accelerate while never reaching the speed of light, and that that would satisfactorily explain all phenomena we observe.

From a stationary reference, the Earth would appear to accelerate at 9.8 m/s^2 at first, but as it got faster, its mass would seem to increase, and things on it would seem to slow down, and the acceleration would appear to drop off as its speed approached, but never reached, 3×10^8 m/s.

From the Earth's reference frame, it would just feel as if we were constantly accelerating, though our measured speed would always, of course, be zero. Any stationary objects visible from the accelerating Earth (not that there are any in the FE model) would appear to accelerate down, while also contracting vertically and slowing down. Before long, everything would appear to be moving downward faster than the speed of light. This is possible because an accelerating Earth is not an inertial reference frame, so not all laws of physics apply.

The density thing, on the other hand, is not a satisfactory explanation. It's vague (What determines the rates at which things go up or down? Why do all things accelerate down at 9.8 m/s^2 in a vacuum chamber, regardless of the pressure in the vacuum chamber?), dependent on RE concepts ("Pressure" and "buoyancy" were coined by REers and explained with gravity), and worst of all, equivalent to gravity. I suspect if you did the math out and applied Newton's laws of motion, you would eventually arrive at a downward force on all objects equal to 9.8 m/s^2 times the mass of each object.

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 05:27:24 AM »
Good afternoon,
I recently discovered flat earth theory and society, and according to https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Flat_Earth_Wiki, gravity doesn't exist, and the earth itself is instead moving, at 9.8m/s².
My question is, why, when I drop (for example) a tennis ball from the last floor of a tower, does it fall, instead of going at the same speed of the earth ? Knowing that ourselves, we move along with Earth.

After detached, the tennis ball goes up by velocity while the earth always accelerates.
Terminal Velocity will happen due to air hit (it's different case from 'air resistance')
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/