9.8m/

• 45 Replies

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
9.8m/
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 02:44:12 PM »
Quote from: "NinjaMidgetOwnsU"

which is all about questioning that the earth is round.

Or maybe it's about making one think about why the earth is round.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
9.8m/
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »
Sorry...internet time warp.   I thought I was posting on the Flat Earth Society forum and I seem to remember you trying to prove the Flat Earth theory, which is all about questioning that the earth is round.

No one here has ever used the laws of physics to try and disprove the round Earth theory, we've only used them to show how a flat Earth is plausible.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

9.8m/
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 02:56:25 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

which is all about questioning that the earth is round.

Or maybe it's about making one think about why the earth is round.

Oh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.   because changing facts to try to prove an impossible theory is very enlightening.   Gravity = upwards thrust.   Earth curvature = optical illusion.  NASA = Government Conspiracy.

This has neither given me enlightenment as to why the earth is round, nor has it improved my opinion that most people are irrevocably stupid.
am not senDing sublIminal mEssages

?

GeoGuy

9.8m/
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 02:58:27 PM »
Perhaps you're just not looking at the bigger picture here.
Remember, Ninja, a mind is a terrible thing to close.

9.8m/
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 02:59:38 PM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
Sorry...internet time warp.   I thought I was posting on the Flat Earth Society forum and I seem to remember you trying to prove the Flat Earth theory, which is all about questioning that the earth is round.

No one here has ever used the laws of physics to try and disprove the round Earth theory, we've only used them to show how a flat Earth is plausible.

Now, I'm definitely not a physicist, but I do think that FE's opinion that there is no gravity, just perpetual upward thrust, directly contradicts Newton

Bottom line is I think all of you are just arguing to argue with no point or usefulness to this forum.   It's that or, you really think the world is flat.  Either way you go, that classifies all of you as idiots to me.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
9.8m/
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 03:00:35 PM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"

Now, I'm definitely not a physicist, but I do think that FE's opinion that there is no gravity, just perpetual upward thrust, directly contradicts Newton

Bottom line is I think all of you are just arguing to argue with no point or usefulness to this forum.   It's that or, you really think the world is flat.  Either way you go, that classifies all of you as idiots to me.

Then leave; no one is keeping you here.

?

GeoGuy

9.8m/
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 03:01:46 PM »

Yeah! It kinda does. :mrgreen:

9.8m/
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Perhaps you're just not looking at the bigger picture here.
Remember, Ninja, a mind is a terrible thing to close.

And how would entertaining these delusions help me in any way?   When people really see little pink elephants, they usually end up in the psycho ward of some hospital.  I'm just refusing to let you bend my mind to your way of thinking.   I am open minded, but stupid is stupid is stupid.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
9.8m/
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 03:03:28 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

Yeah! It kinda does. :mrgreen:

I think it contradicts Einstein more than it contradicts Newton (General Relativity).

?

GeoGuy

9.8m/
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
It contradicts some elements of general relativity. But the theory of relativity is what allowed us to create our theory of gravitation in the first place.

And, as the ideas put forth by Einstein pretty much replaced the Newtonian concept of gravity, I think it's safe to say our theory does, in fact, contradict Newton.

9.8m/
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »
Quote from: "BOGWarrior89"

Oh, no no no, chief.   Make no mistake about it, I am having great amounts of fun pointing out how utterly moronic it is that you are choosing to argue this theory.   I am not frustrated or angry in the least.   Most of the time I am laughing while reading posts and making replies.  You amuse me and at the end of the day, I feel a little better knowing that there are people like you in the world...though we could use some natural selection to avoid problems like this.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
9.8m/
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »

Oh, no no no, chief.   Make no mistake about it, I am having great amounts of fun pointing out how utterly moronic it is that you are choosing to argue this theory.

You do a lot of pointing, but without substance.

-- Bob Hudson

9.8m/
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 03:25:38 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

Oh, no no no, chief.   Make no mistake about it, I am having great amounts of fun pointing out how utterly moronic it is that you are choosing to argue this theory.

You do a lot of pointing, but without substance.

You ignore posts with substace. Go back to Arizona. :roll:
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
9.8m/
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 05:44:17 AM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"

You ignore posts with substace. Go back to Arizona. :roll:

When did I leave?

-- Bob Hudson

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
9.8m/
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 02:22:38 PM »
you are choosing to argue this theory.

I'M A ROUND-EARTHER, ASSHOLE!

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
9.8m/
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
I'm wondering why the regulars on this forum are preaching to "NinjaMidgetOwnsU".  He either gets the point or he doesn't...

On the other hand, if you're trying to frustrate him to the point that his head explodes, by all means continues, but I would caution you that you probably won't be privy to the big event.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?