The First Australian Flat Earth Convention

• 47 Replies
The First Australian Flat Earth Convention
« on: May 12, 2018, 12:26:43 PM »
This bit of news popped up on my newsfeed today.

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-bizarre-tale-of-the-australia-flat-earth-convention-that-fell-apart/

Exerpts

The convention was supposed to take place on March 17, 2018, but it fell apart.

Co-organizer Lee Maxwell Judd believes "dark negative forces" were behind its failure, but the convention was doomed from the start.

The event looked good on paper -- tragically ambitious on paper. Mark Sargent, a prominent flat-Earth YouTuber, was billed as a special guest. Rapper B.o.B., who famously argued with Neil deGrasse Tyson over flat-Earth "theory," was to provide live music.

The location: Darling Park in Sydney, Australaia [sic]. An afterparty was planned at Bondi Icebergs, an expensive and internationally renowned dining room.

In the end, two people show up to the flat-Earth convention. Three including myself.The three of us make small talk. It quickly becomes apparent that this, the three of us sitting around a small coffee table in Darling Park's reception, is the flat-Earth convention.

He still believes an Australian Flat Earth Convention is possible. In fact, he's planning one right now, for Dec. 15. Speakers are waiting in the wings, he says, along with numerous musical acts. He wants to book out Bondi Pavilion, meters from the shoreline of Australia's most famous beach. He wants food, celebration, conversation with like-minded people.

All he needs now, he says, is a partner.

Hey Rab, wanna help a fella?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: The First Australian Flat Earth Convention
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:43:09 PM »
I'd consider attending an Australian flat earth convention, if it wasn't halfway around the globe!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
I'd consider attending an Australian flat earth convention, if it wasn't halfway around the globe!
I'd be worried I was going to fall off.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 03:47:56 PM »
You can't go to a convention held in a place that doesn't even exist.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Cinnamon buns

• Hello
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 06:20:49 PM »

They are maybe government agents preparing an assault on flat earth and disguising as flat earthers.  Who knows. ::)
No hate

WTF IS THIS.
I have last fucked a fetö agent to death,

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-bizarre-tale-of-the-australia-flat-earth-convention-that-fell-apart/

Exerpts (of excerpts)

. . . . . .
He still believes an Australian Flat Earth Convention is possible. In fact, he's planning one right now, for Dec. 15. Speakers are waiting in the wings, he says, along with numerous musical acts. He wants to book out Bondi Pavilion, meters from the shoreline of Australia's most famous beach. He wants food, celebration, conversation with like-minded people.

"a fella" what? But how can "an Australian Flat Earth Convention" be "possible"? Remember this Undeniable evidence Australia does not exist? Nobody would believe me, so I finally had to admit that I don't exist.

Besides Sydney is around 900 km southish from here - bit of a hike.

But if they come, I could suggest:
  • a little tour of the "outback", say out to Broken Hill. On the way, if their vehicle has a reasonable accurate odometer ( ;D ±20% is good enough ;D).
    On the way they could measure the distance from: Cobar (at 31.49941S 145.84668E) to Wilcannia at 31.55874S 143.37821E.
    The towns are almost at the same latitude and the road is good and largely west to east.
    The longitude distance is 2.47° and the road distance is 261 km (my GPS).
    Distance-from-to.com has "The distance from Cobar to Wilcannia is 262 km" and "Distance between Cobar and Wilcannia directly is 233 km"
    so the road distance is known to be about 39 more than "as-the-crow-flies" ( ;) except that they often fly backwards out there when the westerlies are blowing! ;)).

Then they might compare that distance with the straight line distance on their best AEP map. I would suggest that on the Gleason's map it would be about 583 km.

• Look south at night, either over a long period or at intervals of 30 minutes or so and see just what the stars do. They might look like:

The Moving Stars of the Southern Hemisphere, AmazingSky
    Though that video is from Coonabarabran, NSW, where viewing is rather better than around Sydney.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 09:20:41 PM »

Exerpts (of excerpts)

. . . . . .

"a fella" what? But how can "an Australian Flat Earth Convention" be "possible"? Remember this Undeniable evidence Australia does not exist? Nobody would believe me, so I finally had to admit that I don't exist.

Besides Sydney is around 900 km southish from here - bit of a hike.

But if they come, I could suggest:
  • a little tour of the "outback", say out to Broken Hill. On the way, if their vehicle has a reasonable accurate odometer ( ;D ±20% is good enough ;D).
    On the way they could measure the distance from: Cobar (at 31.49941S 145.84668E) to Wilcannia at 31.55874S 143.37821E.
    The towns are almost at the same latitude and the road is good and largely west to east.
    The longitude distance is 2.47° and the road distance is 261 km (my GPS).
    Distance-from-to.com has "The distance from Cobar to Wilcannia is 262 km" and "Distance between Cobar and Wilcannia directly is 233 km"
    so the road distance is known to be about 39 more than "as-the-crow-flies" ( ;) except that they often fly backwards out there when the westerlies are blowing! ;)).

Then they might compare that distance with the straight line distance on their best AEP map. I would suggest that on the Gleason's map it would be about 583 km.

• Look south at night, either over a long period or at intervals of 30 minutes or so and see just what the stars do. They might look like:

The Moving Stars of the Southern Hemisphere, AmazingSky
    Though that video is from Coonabarabran, NSW, where viewing is rather better than around Sydney.

Such a kill joy. Just humour them

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 09:57:01 PM »
Wait, who was Johnson's Secretary?

She knew she did not hang from her feet, like some sort of ragged doll on a spinning ball. She stood tall. And upright!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »
There is no doubt, that the earth is not a silly top spinning about the solar 'system' like some sort of whirligig. And that time, also, proves to be flat.

rvlvr

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 02:01:21 AM »
You have no doubt, but you also lack any proof. Said scenario can be enough for some. Most require a tad more to believe the claim.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 02:58:21 AM »
Wait, who was Johnson's Secretary?

She knew she did not hang from her feet, like some sort of ragged doll on a spinning ball. She stood tall. And upright!
No and I don't hang on by my finger nails either. You don't seem to understand the "gravity" of the situation.

Exactly what is the cause of your "down" being down?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 03:15:13 AM »
There is no doubt, that the earth is not a silly top spinning about the solar 'system' like some sort of whirligig.
True, "There is no doubt, that the earth is not a silly top spinning about the solar 'system' like some sort of whirligig."
It is a huge Globe rotating sedately at about 1 degree each 4 minutes and slowly orbiting the sun at about 1 degree per day.
Each step is 2 hours, does that look like a " ;D silly top spinning about the solar 'system' like some sort of whirligig ;D"?

Quote from: John Davis
And that time, also, proves to be flat.
Really? What proves it to be flat and please don't try to present you numerous meaningless "evidences" again.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »
Has any RE'er ever claimed that people in Australia should be hanging from their feet?  ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »
There is no doubt, that the earth is not a silly top spinning about the solar 'system' like some sort of whirligig. And that time, also, proves to be flat.

Hey John, can the flat Earth society expect the Secretary of the entire society to make an appearance at this convention? You'd be a special guest star. Perhaps you could sign copies of the 52 most extremist people in the world book you're in or something. You'd be the celebrity there but also give this thing some real power and authority and not just some social outcast geek gathering

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 05:10:14 PM »
I support John Davis attending and posting pics and updates throughout the event.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 05:57:33 PM »

Has any RE'er ever claimed that people in Australia should be hanging from their feet?  ???

I think that's what people were chanting as they loaded the boats with prisoners.

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »

Stop spamming the forums with low content responses.  Reported.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:59:13 PM by smokified »

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 09:53:04 PM »

Stop spamming the forums with low content responses.  Reported.
Reported for reporting the admin.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 10:06:16 PM »
All RE'ers claim this by default, even you.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 02:04:51 AM »
The idea that there are flat earthers that far south of the equator is redunculous

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 06:13:58 AM »
Why by default?  Is it because we arbitrarily choose North to be up?

My "by default" is that everyone is held to the surface of the earth by gravity.  Nobody's "hanging".  That notion doesn't even make any sense to me.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82˘ to produce a penny, putting in your 2˘ if really worth 3.64˘.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »
Nope, I'm pretty sure that I've never made that claim.  My default claim is that gravity attracts everything towards the center of the round earth.

I think that it's farm more likely that FE'ers like to deliberately misrepresent RET with that ridiculous straw man so they can ridicule it.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 02:14:04 PM »
Why by default?  Is it because we arbitrarily choose North to be up?

My "by default" is that everyone is held to the surface of the earth by gravity.  Nobody's "hanging".  That notion doesn't even make any sense to me.

Mike

The mind of a flat earther is incapable of conceptualizing the fact that there is no up or down in space.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
So John are you coming down under or what? I know being the secretary is a tough gig having all expenses paid trips to jet overseas now and then to these sorts of things but it's the job you have taken and more than ever with the departure of brotherhood of the dome, the flat earth needs leadership.

You have already rejected VSauce's offer to interview, don't reject this one. Otherwise we will need to look to new leadership

Maybe Parsifal or Junker is more up to the task....  :-\

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »
Maybe Parsifal or Junker is more up to the task....  :-\
At least Parsifal might know his way around Sydney, he's Australian:
Parsifal        Official Member
And I believe that is genuine.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:02 PM »
Nope, I'm pretty sure that I've never made that claim.  My default claim is that gravity attracts everything towards the center of the round earth.

I think that it's farm more likely that FE'ers like to deliberately misrepresent RET with that ridiculous straw man so they can ridicule it.
Nope, ships, people and trucks are all upside down  according to you and the globists. Someone and everything  on the opposite side of the earth is at 180 degree orientation to you. It's kind of ridiculous to think such a thing, but that's what the globists have most indoctrinated people thinking. It is really sad and pathetic.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 07:56:53 PM »

Nope, ships, people and trucks are all upside down  according to you and the globists. Someone and everything  on the opposite side of the earth is at 180 degree orientation to you. It's kind of ridiculous to think such a thing, but that's what the globists have most indoctrinated people thinking. It is really sad and pathetic.

Yeah, ridiculous to think that Spain is under the feet on New Zealanders or that the city of Beijing is under the feet of Argentinians. I mean FFS what will they think of next?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 11:15:40 PM »
It's kind of ridiculous to think such a thing, but that's what the globists have most indoctrinated people thinking. It is really sad and pathetic.
Hoppy, you just don't understand the gravity of the situation. And if we're half upside down you are leaning over at about 45°.

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »

You should get past the idea that people who know the earth is round are not knowing this because somebody has forced them to believe it.  Most people do not suffer from the myriad of cognitive dysfunctions that you commonly find in flat earthers, and to them, it is pretty obvious that the earth is round because it is easy to observe without somebody telling them.

What is sad and pathetic is how you are trying to argue a point that you clearly don't understand at all.  Your ignorance is not a valid argument.  There is no upside down in space and a sphere would pull everything towards its center.  It would seem that your simple mind is having a problem understanding orientation and perspective.

NAZA

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
Will this juggernaut ever stop?

Two hundred at the convention in UK and TWO people down under.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/the-bizarre-tale-of-the-australia-flat-earth-convention-that-fell-apart/

Victory for flat earth?