Suggested theory in regards to tides.

• 3 Replies
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:27:31 PM »
Only just now thought this up.

RE model has high-tide on opposite sides of the earth. The explination for this is funny btw. On one side, water is being drawn up by the moon's gravitational pull while at the same time on the other side of the earth, the earth is being drawn AWAY from the moon's gravitational pull.

Now on an FE model, the only explination I have heard in regards to tides is that the plate of the earth tilts slightly, this only explains for 1 side of the world's high tide at a time.

2 things need to be explained.

1) What makes the FE model tilt?

2) What causes tides on both sides of the FE model at the same time.

My suggested theory is that the moon and sun have a gravitational effect on the Earth, the Sun's being slightly stronger to cause the earth to be drawn upwards on one side, while the moon pulls the water up on the other side.

Half assed and not thoroughly thought through, don't get to proud of yourselves if you can find holes in the idea.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

OMG DUH
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:31:28 PM »
DUH THE ELECTHAROMAGENITIC CURRENTS OF THE EARTH.
he kinds of equations that they have now are the kinds of equations you would get in an approximation scheme to some underlying theory, but nobody knows what the underlying theory is.

discover magazine

Re: OMG DUH
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »
Quote from: "sodapop112"
DUH THE ELECTHAROMAGENITIC CURRENTS OF THE EARTH.

Crack is bad for you.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

?

sd0

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:50 PM »
Obviously, the government melts and re-freezes certain parts of the Icewall to coincide with the tilting of the FE, thus causing the rise and fall of the ocean, and simulating tides, so as to keep up their conspiracy and coverstory of a RE.