question from a non-flat earther.

• 19 Replies
question from a non-flat earther.
« on: April 21, 2018, 11:29:20 AM »
hello! i wanted to ask a question about flat earth theory. how would you guys explain ocean currents? because the earth is a globe, the coriolis effect would apply, making currents in the northern hemisphere go clockwise and counter-clockwise in the south. how would ocean currents work if the earth was flat? (hopefully none of you attack me for believing the earth is a sphere, i just want to understand how you guys think.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 01:08:24 PM by moldybread »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: question from a non-flat earther.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 11:55:34 AM »
coriolis effect doesn't work, grandpa.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 12:23:27 PM »

That's not what they asked.  They stated the cause of ocean currents in RE, and posed the question what causes the ocean currents for flat earth.  Stating the Coriolis effect doesn't work has nothing to do with the question.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »
Don't spam Q&A with that shit.  >:(

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 01:41:54 PM »

That's not what they asked.  They stated the cause of ocean currents in RE, and posed the question what causes the ocean currents for flat earth.  Stating the Coriolis effect doesn't work has nothing to do with the question.

Grandpa has based his theory on clitorious affect. I said this affect is absent, so the question is not valid in my mind. He could asked it by only "how ocean waves work in flat earth model", instead of quote globist nonsences. I have confused was it a question or globist propaganda. Sorry, we must be clear in Q&A.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »

Grandpa has based his theory on clitorious affect. I said this affect is absent, so the question is not valid in my mind. He could asked it by only "how ocean waves work in flat earth model", instead of quote globist nonsences. I have confused was it a question or globist propaganda. Sorry, we must be clear in Q&A.

I know this is pushing off topic, but I don't see how it is confusing.  It's a simple reference point for posing a question.  It's a very common practice.

This is basically what was asked:

I understand that A works via B in Model X.  Can you explain how A works in Model Y?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

omegaransom

• peace through power.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 12:03:59 PM »
maybe the ocean currents are caused by uneven heating by the sun? I don't know very much about flat earth theory.
if you want to disapprove me than do so, don't just deny what I say. don't click on this link http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B5E5HPIKKBY/TCgENnaXouI/AAAAAAAAAZs/JHip18_p03M/s320/Screen+shot+2010-06-27+at+10.08.28+PM.png

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 11:09:26 AM »

I know this is pushing off topic, but I don't see how it is confusing.  It's a simple reference point for posing a question.  It's a very common practice.

This is basically what was asked:

I understand that A works via B in Model X.  Can you explain how A works in Model Y?
yeah, that's what i meant. also, i'm a girl and not a boy :0

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 01:17:58 PM »
Sple Coriolis effect demonstration...

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
697 Views and literally no explanation at all form flatearthers other than some random person claiming with no evidence at all that Coriolis effect doesn't exist, I wonder why??

?

dutchy

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »
697 Views and literally no explanation at all form flatearthers other than some random person claiming with no evidence at all that Coriolis effect doesn't exist, I wonder why??
Just as it is with supposed curvature, we are waiting for some real evidence that is not based on invalid observations, but repeatable and measurable structures and outcomes.

There are many large indoors facilities around earth (Flora Aalsmeer 700-750 meters squared) that would be great places to accurately messure the supposed coriolis effect.
No wind or other atmospheric interference and we can shoot a bullet in all directions in a near perfect set up.
We supposedly can detect gravitational waves by measuring fluctuations 1/1000 the diameter of a proton so this should be a piece of cake.......wait no one thought it would be usefull to accurately messure the effect up to the tiniest possible margins in a closed system, but we have to rely on wacky outdoor claims instead, featuring some ''Texan dude'' claiming he has to aim his rifle a certain way because of the coriolis effect........ ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 04:43:13 PM by dutchy »

nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »

Why not?
he puts his penis in the mouth of the other one and FORCIBLY GIVES HER A BLOWJOB OF TRUTH and then his penis ERRUPTS IN AN EXPLOSION IF TRUTH and she is INSTANTLY DECAPITATED

nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 06:52:07 PM »
Just as it is with supposed curvature, we are waiting for some real evidence that is not based on invalid observations

And we have provided it. You just won't accept it because it doesn't match what you want, so you dismiss it.

but repeatable and measurable structures and outcomes.

Again, done. You're in denial.
There are many large indoors facilities around earth (Flora Aalsmeer 700-750 meters squared) that would be great places to accurately messure the supposed coriolis effect.

And there are better ways to measure it, such as observation of hurricanes.

Guess what, we already did that experiment that you're proposing:

No wind or other atmospheric interference and we can shoot a bullet in all directions in a near perfect set up.

Not true:

We supposedly can detect gravitational waves by measuring fluctuations 1/1000 the diameter of a proton so this should be a piece of cake

You're comparing apples to oranges.

.......wait no one thought it would be usefull to accurately messure the effect up to the tiniest possible margins in a closed system,

According to whom?

but we have to rely on wacky outdoor claims instead, featuring some ''Texan dude'' claiming he has to aim his rifle a certain way because of the coriolis effect........ ::) ::) ::)

Well then why does he have to aim it that way? Every trained military sniper has to adjust for the effect, you know.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:51:43 PM by nickrulercreator »
he puts his penis in the mouth of the other one and FORCIBLY GIVES HER A BLOWJOB OF TRUTH and then his penis ERRUPTS IN AN EXPLOSION IF TRUTH and she is INSTANTLY DECAPITATED

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »
but we have to rely on wacky outdoor claims instead, featuring some ''Texan dude'' claiming he has to aim his rifle a certain way because of the coriolis effect........ ::) ::) ::)
Well, point #1,
      you flat earthers can never explain the different rotation directions of highs and lows in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
And, point #2,
Dutchy, we do not have to rely on some ''Texan dude'' and you do have a poor memory for one so young!
Read this reply to YOU!
I am absolutely sure that without a compass in something like the Boeing Everett Factory we won't see any differences whatsoever when the gunmen shooting have no clue in what direction they are aiming. No wind, no compass, no daylight, just aiming to see if we can observe the coriolis effect.

Without any pre knowledge through compass, sunlight and wind that could seriously influence the aiming capacity of the gunmen we have a much better set up to test the coriolis effect than what is showed in such idiotic video's !
Coriolis is quite a small correction in small arns fire maybe 4 ins in 1000 yds and can easily be swamped by other factors.

But, if you want big Coriolis, here's big Coriolis and long-range artillery, and the Coriolis Effect, try the "Paris Gun" used by Germany in WW I. It's at ranges like thus where the Coriolis and Eötvös effects become essential.

Have a look at:
Quote from: G. Trifkovic

In June 2002 issue of Military Heritage there is an article on Paris gun and a good part of it is about calculations that needed to be done in order to ensure accuracy. So,the Germans digged out the works of one Gustave Gaspard Coriolis (1792-1843),who in 1835 published his Sur les Equations du Mouvement Relatif des Systemes de Corps ("On the equations of Relative Motion of System of Bodies"),in which he stated that ,due to spherical nature of the Earth and it's rotation, a moving object on a north-south vector would be affected by the relative rotational speeds of launch and impact points. Earlier German use of long-range guns (firing from Lugenboom on Dunkirk), didn't have to take into account Coriolis Effect, because the firing site and target were on an east-west axis. Obscure mathematician von Eberhardt, at the time working for Krupp, understood the problems of firing on the north-south axis, so he based his research on Coriolis' works and made calculations accordingly.
Being advised on the site of the gun (Crepy-an-Laonnois), he estimated rotational speed of Paris at 567 mph on the 49th parallel and that of Laon at 555.55mph on the 48th parallel.So, an adjustment of 11.58 mph had to be provided for the laying of the gun. Also, he calculated the estimated flight time at 176 seconds and this called for easterly correction of 0.566 miles to compensate for differing rotational speeds of gun and target.
I am not too keen on math  ::) but this article really captured me, showing how much hard work (apart from technical aspects) was needed just to fire this gun. And all this was done without computer...  :o

Cheers,

GAius

Such a pity you weren't there to tell those Germans that Gustave Gaspard Coriolis was wrong. ;D ;D

But then the flat earth religion joke wasn't invented in time to advise Gustave Gaspard Coriolis;D ;D

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 10:06:54 AM »

Just as it is with supposed curvature, we are waiting for some real evidence that is not based on invalid observations, but repeatable and measurable structures and outcomes.

Why are you waiting?

That’s not the zetatic method.

If you dismiss all the evidence that’s been presented to you, go do some experiments and show us why it’s different to established science.

?

dutchy

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 10:36:16 AM »

Why are you waiting?

That’s not the zetatic method.

If you dismiss all the evidence that’s been presented to you, go do some experiments and show us why it’s different to established science.
Are you really that naive ?
I don't need a test to proof to myself the coriolis effect is rubbish, on the other hand any outcome will be denied by 'spinning earth' believers.
It is like Monsanto who gets away with deadly pesticides, because they have way more money and their crooked scientists are willing to go all the way in presenting facts and 'scientific' data that supports the idea that their pesticides are environmental friendly, one could almost drink it !

This is a recent example of money and power taking over the scientific method.
The detection of 'gravitational waves' to support Einstein's theories, is another one of those recent claims.They claim they have detected cosmic ripples in the fabric of spacetime the size 1/1000the of a proton's diameter and even the Nobel prize was awarded.
Einstein's quick attempts to hypothese something exciting and new 'over night', turned out to be 100% accurate in our vast universe......god,..it is so funny if it wasn't so irritating also.

Bottom line, research is lead by money, fantasies and power and i have not the tiniest amount of faith that anyone can change this in our current timeframe of total corruption.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
<< dutchy I'm waiting >>
You posed a question
and I answered it. in Re: question from a non-flat earther. « Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 01:50:19 PM »

Coriolis effect is not some modern phenomenon "invented by NASA to confuse flat-earthers", but was developed by Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis over the period 1832-1835.

And (excuse the ;) copy-n-paste ;))
Coriolis's name began to appear in the meteorological literature at the end of the 19th century, although the term "Coriolis force" was not used until the beginning of the 20th century. Today, the name Coriolis has become strongly associated with meteorology, but all major discoveries about the general circulation and the relation between the pressure and wind fields were made without knowledge about Gaspard Gustave Coriolis.

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:12 PM »
maybe the ocean currents are caused by uneven heating by the sun? I don't know very much about flat earth theory.
But how could it deal with uneven heating with the sun? The sun couldn't produce that much kinetic energy to result in tides. And what about at night?

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 08:38:20 PM »
Don't spam Q&A with that shit.  >:(

Interesting.  It seems like a question waiting for an answer.  Maybe you should just do away with your "Q&A" forum since no flat earther is really interested in answering real questions with real answers.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 08:39:57 PM »

YOU said the effect is absent, however YOU are not the authority on what is and is not.

Either answer the question or stop "spamming the Q&A section" with bullshit "answers".