Zetetic Astronomy/Earth is not a Globe

• 44 Replies
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 11:16:39 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"
Quote from: "Xargo"
Get a telescope and use your own eyes! Bah, I should know better than to argue with an idiot.

You're in luck! I can afford a telescope and am willing to buy one. So how does someoby use a telescope to prove the earth is round?

It doesn't prove the earth is round, though it disproves of several points in the FE theory. Like:

* The sun is the center of the solar system
* Other planets are round
* Moon is round
* Satellites..
* Meteors..
* Gravity..
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 12:13:38 AM »
How can you see gravity with a telescope?
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 01:16:18 AM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"

little aliens hopping around on the moon. They hop, and they come down again. there's ur proof! HA!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 01:21:23 AM »
Quote from: "Sanirius"
Quote from: "dantheman40k"

little aliens hopping around on the moon. They hop, and they come down again. there's ur proof! HA!

Proof of acceleration.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

midgard

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 04:57:12 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"
Get a telescope and use your own eyes! Bah, I should know better than to argue with an idiot.

You're in luck! I can afford a telescope and am willing to buy one. So how does someoby use a telescope to prove the earth is round?

It doesn't prove the earth is round, though it disproves of several points in the FE theory. Like:

* The sun is the center of the solar system
* Other planets are round
* Moon is round
* Satellites..
* Meteors..
* Gravity..

Again, explain to me how.

How can you tell that the sun is the centre of the solar system with a telescope?

How big a telescope do you think I'm going to buy if you think I'll be able to see other planets clearly?

I can see the moon is a disc, what's your point?

Again, how big a telescope do you think I'm going to buy if you think I'll be able to see the stratellites?

What about meteors? Why do Round Earthers have a problem with meteors?

As it's already been pointed out how do you see gravity with a telescope?

Re: Zetetic Astronomy/Earth is not a Globe
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Quote from: "Disappointed In Humans"

Anyway, I will look forward for someone to try to explain to me why you all put blind faith in this moron who drew hand-sketches and related his own recorded results from "experiments"...
...So yeah, someone tell me why I should believe a random guy's hand sketches.

You believe in these guy's sketches:

But when it disagrees with your world view, the hand drawn sketches are worthless, huh?

lol, i presume you can read latin, for all you know it's just a series of pictures making you look all smart and grown up ^_^  good job.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
Quote from: "klaas"

lol, i presume you can read latin, for all you know it's just a series of pictures making you look all smart and grown up ^_^  good job.

I know where they are from and who wrote them.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »
I dont understad why he posted those weird latin pics.
FE Pwnage Archive

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 01:39:48 PM »
He posted them to show that "old books" can still be quite useful (even ones that have been "disproved"), despite what most RE's seem to believe. And to show that lending scientific credibility to 'hand-drawn sketches" isn't necessarily a bad thing.

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
He posted them to show that "old books" can still be quite useful (even ones that have been "disproved"), despite what most RE's seem to believe. And to show that lending scientific credibility to 'hand-drawn sketches" isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah, but as was mentioned before, these sketches and basic ideas have been proven through repeatable experiments and observered regularly in the natural world- whereas after many attempts, Rowbothams haven't.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 12:12:07 AM »

Anyway, I will look forward for someone to try to explain to me why you all put blind faith in this moron who drew hand-sketches and related his own recorded results from "experiments"

So yeah, someone tell me why I should believe a random guy's hand sketches.

From the original post.

What's wrong with hand drawn sketches?  Or results obtained from one's experiments?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 12:45:02 AM »
Nothing.  But the fact that they are there doesn't make them fact.

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

Anyway, I will look forward for someone to try to explain to me why you all put blind faith in this moron who drew hand-sketches and related his own recorded results from "experiments"

So yeah, someone tell me why I should believe a random guy's hand sketches.

From the original post.

What's wrong with hand drawn sketches?  Or results obtained from one's experiments?

So if I drew a giraffe with two heads then it would exist?
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
You pick up a book where a man is trying to DISPROVE the notion that earth is round and here is what he gives you: 50 "Experiments" with NO replication, NO observer confirmation, NO photographs or anything like that of modern replications, NOTHING

Actually, he did allow an observer once. At that time, the results differed from what he had previously "observed", (and they actually confirmed what we would observe on a spherical planet), and his experiment failed, weird coincidence huh?.

HAHAHAH, wow, that's the single best thing I've heard since beginning to peruse these forums.  Haha, and none of the flat earthers paid any heed to this post.  So let's get this straight.  This dude purports to be a scientist but he WON'T let people observe? hahah that's rediculous, and further, the one time he does his results support the real picture of the earth haha, that's priceless.  Anyone wanna comment on this?

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2007, 07:52:36 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
You pick up a book where a man is trying to DISPROVE the notion that earth is round and here is what he gives you: 50 "Experiments" with NO replication, NO observer confirmation, NO photographs or anything like that of modern replications, NOTHING

Actually, he did allow an observer once. At that time, the results differed from what he had previously "observed", (and they actually confirmed what we would observe on a spherical planet), and his experiment failed, weird coincidence huh?.

HAHAHAH, wow, that's the single best thing I've heard since beginning to peruse these forums.  Haha, and none of the flat earthers paid any heed to this post.  So let's get this straight.  This dude purports to be a scientist but he WON'T let people observe? hahah that's rediculous, and further, the one time he does his results support the real picture of the earth haha, that's priceless.  Anyone wanna comment on this?

Sure. If you’re so sure about yourself, observe on your own one of his experiments. It’ll either disprove that experiment, and you’ll have to prove that the others are false as well, or it’ll prove that experiment, and you would lose the whole discussion. Good luck doing all those experiments. I, on the other hand, have complete faith that he is correct.