Boat

• 5 Replies
?

Good_Days13

• Sphere-Earther
Boat
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:27:54 PM »
Hey, if Earth was flat, wouldn't you run into the ice wall while going straight in a boat? (Also, I don't see an ice wall at Antartica, look up a picture of "Antartica")

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Boat
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:47:46 AM »
If you constantly forward through south, it will be done.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

SphericalEarther

• Programmer. I believe in logic.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:17:01 AM »

If you go south, you will hit Antarctica sure. This is true for both the flat and globe earth.
If you go in a STRAIGHT direction (not compas angle) in relation to earth, you would easily be able to find paths on a globe earth which never hits Antarctica, while on the current flat earth model, you would always hit the ice wall of Antarctica.

I am not saying it can be easily done however, since we primarily use our compass bearings for navigation, and it would be hard to maintain a straight direction for 20.000 km.

If it was possible to create a craft which always moved straight in relation to the earth (being curved or flat), it would be possible to do this observation and test, But besides firing a long range ballistic missile or a rocket, it would be hard to accomplish.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:19:57 AM by SphericalEarther »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 03:34:11 AM »

If you go south, you will hit Antarctica sure. This is true for both the flat and globe earth.
If you go in a STRAIGHT direction (not compas angle) in relation to earth, you would easily be able to find paths on a globe earth which never hits Antarctica, while on the current flat earth model, you would always hit the ice wall of Antarctica.

I am not saying it can be easily done however, since we primarily use our compass bearings for navigation, and it would be hard to maintain a straight direction for 20.000 km.

If it was possible to create a craft which always moved straight in relation to the earth (being curved or flat), it would be possible to do this observation and test, But besides firing a long range ballistic missile or a rocket, it would be hard to accomplish.

You find your first point in everywhere on the world by constantly move through east or west in a flat map. But you can't do that by yourself in a round model. You need some deceivers to deceive you in round model.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

SphericalEarther

• Programmer. I believe in logic.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 04:00:17 AM »

You find your first point in everywhere on the world by constantly move through east or west in a flat map. But you can't do that by yourself in a round model. You need some deceivers to deceive you in round model.

I think it is the translation, but you are not making sense to me.
From what I understand of your post (please correct me if I am wrong), you state that moving east or west around the world will lead you to the same location on a flat earth map.
We can however do this exact same thing on a globe earth aswell with no problems going east or west.

The original post and my previous post simply stated STRAIGHT, not using any compas angles (which north, south, east and west represents).
You can start with a compas angle, but going in a straight line on both a flat earth and a globe earth will result in the compas angle turning (unless traveling straight north/south on both maps, or traveling straight east/west on the equator on a globe earth)

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »

You can simply travel to see that you are wrong.