will the far side of the earth ever be relevant?

• 9 Replies

omegaransom

• peace through power.
will the far side of the earth ever be relevant?
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:36:47 AM »
do certain laws of physics prevent us from doing literally anything on the other side, or is it just a matter of time till we get there?
if you want to disapprove me than do so, don't just deny what I say. don't click on this link http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B5E5HPIKKBY/TCgENnaXouI/AAAAAAAAAZs/JHip18_p03M/s320/Screen+shot+2010-06-27+at+10.08.28+PM.png

Re: will the far side of the earth ever be relevant?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 08:11:58 AM »
Are you talking about Australia?

I'm sure we'll reach it one day.  It is said the people that dwell there are quite odd though.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »
do certain laws of physics prevent us from doing literally anything on the other side, or is it just a matter of time till we get there?
That would depend greatly on whether the flat earth winds up being a finite disc or an infinite plane.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »
That would depend greatly on whether the flat earth winds up being a finite disc or an infinite plane.
Does an infinite plane not have an infinite underside?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 02:04:34 PM »

That just gave me a thought.  If the flat earth is an infinite plane, wouldn't that mean parts of earth would always be in darkness?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

JackBlack

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »
Does an infinite plane not have an infinite underside?
I believe the idea is if it is finite we could reach the edge, then scale down to get to the other side.

If it is infinite we would need to bore through, which so far has been impossible.

Fortunately it is finite, and even nice and rounded at the edge, so people have been on the underside for ages.

?

Dirk

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »

That just gave me a thought.  If the flat earth is an infinite plane, wouldn't that mean parts of earth would always be in darkness?

An infinite amount of suns would circle above that plane. With a necessary horizontal distance from our sun (and each other). Say, 25’000 km?

This would be called the FET equivalent of “parallel universes” or “multiverse”.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »
No people dwell in Australia. As an Australian, I know.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 04:37:17 PM »

An infinite amount of suns would circle above that plane. With a necessary horizontal distance from our sun (and each other). Say, 25’000 km?

This would be called the FET equivalent of “parallel universes” or “multiverse”.

To have complete coverage, areas would have to overlap else there would be areas of continuous darkness.  If they overlap, we would have noticed a second light source.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 07:29:53 PM »
I don't see a problem.
I live in Australia and I've been to Killarney, Ireland (52.0599° N, 9.5044° W) and to Invercargill, South Island, New Zealand (46.4132° S, 168.3538° E).
They are close to the far side of the real earth from each other.