Debating with FEers is pointless. People can believe whatever they want.

• 16 Replies
I can believe in magic unicorns and nobody can prove me wrong. At the same time I can dismiss all your science as lies.
I hereby declare both REers and FEers as pure liars and believe the earth is actually banana shaped.
BE society established effective immediately

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
I can believe in magic unicorns and nobody can prove me wrong. At the same time I can dismiss all your science as lies.
I hereby declare both REers and FEers as pure liars and believe the earth is actually banana shaped.
You are probably correct with, "Debating with FEers is pointless", but there are many "guests" and newbies who may not yet be convinced either way.

In my opinion the most productive approach is to present good evidence for the Globe and against various aspects of the flat earth model.

To do this you do need to learn all you can about the flat earth model(s) actually present.
A big problem is that flat earthers themselves certainly do not all speak with one voice.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
There is potential for a serious debate between FE and RE so the thread does not have to immediately move to CN, leaving aside the "banana" reference.

I would submit that REers are not exactly "liars" but are merely misguided by beliefs they acquired while learning more about FET.

The suggestion to study FET is a quality statement and has been stressed since a time when RET dominance of Earth shape dynamics was recognized to have major issues of compatibility with reality. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
There is potential for a serious debate between FE and RE so the thread does not have to immediately move to CN, leaving aside the "banana" reference.

I would submit that REers are not exactly "liars" but are merely misguided by beliefs they acquired while learning more about FET.

The suggestion to study FET is a quality statement and has been stressed since a time when RET dominance of Earth shape dynamics was recognized to have major issues of compatibility with reality. 

Please explain just when "RET dominance of Earth shape dynamics was recognized to have major issues of compatibility with reality"
because the Heliocentric Globe is quite compatible with reality, both on earth and in outer space.

Of you disagree, please present evidence of your claims.

JackBlack

At best you have that the wrong way around.

So never?
I am yet to hear of any actual major issues regarding the compatibility of RET with reality.
Meanwhile I have heard of plenty regarding FE.
That is what lead to people realising Earth was round.

What are you talking about? The RET is the MOST compatible theory with reality.

It's FET that has dozens of fundamental problems and isn't compatible with reality. Most FE believers even admit it has problems and that there is "no official map yet".

Of course the reality he is talking about is the one presented in the bible.
You RE's out there all understand this fraud of a debate exists only because some heavy bearded dude couple of thousand years ago wrote something vaguely poetic that could be interpreted by poorly educated people as the planet we live on was flat.
You can't fix FE.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

It depends on your objectives as to whether or not you deem it pointless.

I don't really feel the need to convince anyone the earth or round, there's enough evidence out there already.

I do like to tell people where their argument falls down though and I especially like the mathematics that goes into forming such arguments. So for me it isn't pointless at all as my objective gets met pretty much every time I visit this site.

I mean a few weeks ago I was able to show someone their value of pi was wrong by splitting an n-sided polygon into isosceles triangles and deriving a value for pi as n increases. That's something I only ever get to do within my classroom.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Correct that mathematics or, in particular, the limitations of maths can reveal the existence of flaws in claims made by RE believers.

Drill down to the bullhorn axiom of 1+1=1 for a full explanation. 

Correct that mathematics or, in particular, the limitations of maths can reveal the existence of flaws in claims made by RE believers.

Anyone can have flaws in claims, be them RET or FET.

As for 1+1=1 I assume you mean the proof where you have to divide by 0, which you cannot do thus negating it.

Of course the reality he is talking about is the one presented in the bible.
You RE's out there all understand this fraud of a debate exists only because some heavy bearded dude couple of thousand years ago wrote something vaguely poetic that could be interpreted by poorly educated people as the planet we live on was flat.
Not really.  Flat earthers are trolls, role players, conspiracy theorists and the insane.  Hardly any are inspired by any obscure biblical reference.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

As for 1+1=1 I assume you mean the proof where you have to divide by 0, which you cannot do thus negating it.

More appropriate would be the typological system where the character "1" when placed on the right side of an equal sign has the numerical value of 2.

1 + 1 = 1

Makes perfect sense.

JackBlack

Nope.
Grasping at straws like this just shows how pathetic the claims of FEers are.
Rather than provide any evidence they need to resort to this crap, using steps in math which are known to not work, to pretend there is a problem.
All steps like this require something that isn't allowed, like dividing by 0.
Meanwhile, math, when applied correctly, decimates the claims of the FEers.

More appropriate would be the typological system where the character "1" when placed on the right side of an equal sign has the numerical value of 2.

1 + 1 = 1

Makes perfect sense.

That's more coding than maths.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Yes, the Discordian view is fun. Hail Eris, Queen of the Banana Tribe.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.