Breaking news: Satellites do exist !!!

• 403 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Breaking news: Satellites do exist !!!
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
Have you ever considered that the decoder may have been programed by the conspiracy to display what they want in order to further their agenda?
The decoder has no way of knowing where the dish is pointing.

Really?  Where you born this way, or did you have a tramatic brain injury?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2017, 01:31:30 PM »
Have you ever considered that the decoder may have been programed by the conspiracy to display what they want in order to further their agenda?

Have you ever considered that the stuff you post is mainly completely rubbish.

You suggest that "the decoder may have been programmed"!

The decoder can't decode anything without a signal from the antenna.
The only antennae you know anything about are those "conspiracy detector antennae" sprouting from your head.

You claim to be an expert on radar dishes etc, so you would know that the dish has to be aligned with the transmitter direction to within a degree or so.

Where are the transmitters in these pictures?

The transmitters for those antennae are up there somewhere, not anything on the ground.

Do you get pleasure about showing you ignorance?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »

The only antennae you know anything about are those "conspiracy detector antennae" sprouting from your head.

You claim to be an expert on radar dishes etc, so you would know that the dish has to be aligned with the transmitter direction to within a degree or so.

The transmitters for those antennae are up there somewhere, not anything on the ground.

You don't believe that microchips are programmed?  Do you think they simply teach themselves? 

« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »

Personal abuse is not permitted here according to the mods.

The operation of satellite communication is known and proven.  As with previous discussions no alternative explanation was provided.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2017, 01:51:46 PM »

Personal abuse is not permitted here according to the mods.

The operation of satellite communication is known and proven.  As with previous discussions no alternative explanation was provided.

It would be personal abuse if it was true.  Are you claiming that it is true?

« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
FEers don't believe in satellites as the existence of satellites can be used to disprove that the earth is flat . Satellites can take pictures of a round earth and FEers don't like to see them. For FEers, those pictures are fabricated. Geostationary satellites are even worse. In order for an object to be geostationary, the object must orbit around the earth at the same angular velocity as earth's rotation and at a certain altitude above the equator such that the centrifugal force due to the orbital movement is equal to the gravitational force.

An object cannot orbit a flat earth while remaining stationary above it. Furthermore, geostationary orbit is at 22,000 miles from earth, way above the FE sun. So satellite existence simply doesn't fit into FE model.

FEers say GPS works based on Loran (LOng RAnge Navigation), a terrestrial radio navigation system. Radio can travel long distance in FE model because the earth is flat. FEers also say that satellite TV works based on transmission towers. Dishes don't get signal from a geostationary satellite but rather from a very tall tower somewhere.

But how tall can these towers be? And where are they exactly located? Before answering my questions, I will show you some pictures taken in some places near the equator for you to ponder.

Everyone who lives where I come from is used to this kind of scenery. We all believe that satellites do exist since birth because the proof is everywhere around us. So yes we are all born REers.

So there you are and I guess now it's time for me to listen to you :)

EDIT 28/08/2013: Thank you for all of you who have participated and those who have attempted to give explanation. For others, you are more than welcome to read through pages of comments posted here so far but I'd also like to provide below a summary of what have been discussed. By this summary, at least I expect you to avoid double post, or to complete a half-baked hypothesis proposed by others.

Only two reasonable hypothesis have been proposed so far by FE proponents:
  • Some sort of stratellites exist. They are caught up in the wake of the UA, causing them to circle the Earth just as the celestial objects. Flaw: the dishes don't move so those stratellites don't circle the Earth neither. They are stationary. Unanswered questions from this hypothesis include why they don't circle the Earth like other celestial objects and why they have to be above the equator (and most of the time above the ocean)
  • Equatorial towers sending the signals upward and to get the signals bounced back by ionosphere. Flaw: there is what we call critical angle and critical frequency. Only the lower end of HF signals (in the order of MHz) can be bounced back to Earth by the atmosphere. The higher the frequency the lower the incidence angle has to be for the signal to be bounced back. Moreover, those dishes are designed for GHz signals, way above bounceable HF signals. One unanswered question from this hypothesis is that in most cases those towers would have to be in the middle of the ocean.

I really hope that one of you can give at least one flawless hypothesis for the benefits of other flat earthers. I do not include baseless arguments in the list above. They don't count as hypothesis as they simply fail observation such as
  • Those dishes are rain water collector. → the photos show dishes which are clearly made of meshed material
  • Those dishes are solar power dishes. → solar power dishes are always shiny to reflect solar radiation
  • The feedhorn of the dishes are actuality tiny black holes used as "light magnets" to pull signals from space. → you don't observe anomaly around the feedhorn
  • And finally, satellites simply don't exist without any further explanation. → this is an attitude which I cannot accept in this thread

EDIT 29/08/2013: The new readers may find that some passages are difficult to follow. This is because one poster, sceptimatic, has decided for some reasons unknown to me to remove all his posts from this thread. Although most, if not all, of his posts are generally low content but this irrational deletion makes some conversations -- especially those that replied to him without quoting -- are hard to understand.

I apologize for this but it was out of my control.

NASA can CGI pictures and claim they are from satellites. Fake news, we see how that works, hey?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2017, 03:33:08 PM »

You don't believe that microchips are programmed?  Do you think they simply teach themselves?

Of course "microchips are programmed".
I've programmed numerous myself right from the days of the Intel 1702A "stand back in case it catches fire" PROMS.

But
  • A different Sat TV Smartcard is not programmed for each location. Its job is mainly to decrypt the encoded signal.
    Even travelling in a caravan around the country one card is installed and works anywhere around Australia.
    Not only that, but the card has no knowledge where it is operating.

• The Sat TV Smartcard can't do anything unless it gets a signal from the antenna and LNA, and that requires the dish to be aligned with the transmitter location to within a degree or so, depending on the gain dish being used.
So the installer (or caravan owner) must point that dish at the correct location in the sky.
That is a problem for caravan owners who are relying on satellite data for an internet connection and the easiest source of alignment is on the internet.
But there are "satellite finders" that can help, as in The Art of Aiming a Satellite Dish.
And a knowledge of the satellite's longitude and the receiver's location (from satellite based GPS of course!) gives a good starting point.

So as I said before
"Have you ever considered that the stuff you post is mainly completely rubbish?" and "Do you get pleasure about showing you ignorance?"

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2017, 04:42:00 PM »
NASA can CGI pictures and claim they are from satellites. Fake news, we see how that works, hey?
  • No matter what NASAphobes like yourself say, NASA has nothing whatever to do with most satellite TV.

• NASA have no way of getting CGI or anything else into an isolated satellite receiver sitting in the middle of an Australian desert
    other than by satellite, so dream on.

Mikey T.

« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »
Having installed several thousand satellite antenna in my .. oh 8 years as a technician, I can safely say that there are indeed satellites in orbit.  I think I have debunked pretty much all of the standard FE explanations before to the point that they resorted to just leaving the discussions or claiming I was outright lying.

There is no possible way, with the tight alignment needed for a proper signal and the numerous classes I taught to new installers to show them exactly what obstructions may block the signal and what would not, that any direct terrestrial source could work with them.  I have installed those dishes in several places around the US, and have even posted data on their setup from those locations.  It was rather fascinating to use data from setups I did in a few of those different areas of the US to triangulate the source.  Would you be surprised that the triangulated source was almost exactly where the satellite companies said the geostationary satellite was at, in orbit, 22k or so miles up?  I have shown this before, and the best refutation they could come up with was that I was lying.  All other failures were laughable at best.  I even had one that tried to say a microwave beams were basically part of the conspiracy and bent back to where they needed to bend to to hide the broadcast tower location.  Or the ones where they tried saying it reflected off the dome, yet could did not understand the nature of reflections, on either a flat or a curved surface.  If I must I will try to find that stuff, long buried in this forum. 
These thousands of satellite technicians, and DIY folks around the world have everything they need to mathematically prove that satellites exist, and therefore prove that they orbit or are mounted to something at 22k or so miles high.  Using their own Occam's razor argument, what is simpler to explain?  That satellites can orbit the Earth or somehow, someway, there is something that they can mount a device up higher than any of their models show to just hide the supposed flat Earth.  I mean why not just never "invent" the technology in the first place.  Wouldn't that be much easier?  Hell just say the Earth's ionosphere won't allow those types of transmissions through it. 

But whatever, its all a conspiracy right. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2017, 08:28:19 PM »

Of course "microchips are programmed".
I've programmed numerous myself right from the days of the Intel 1702A "stand back in case it catches fire" PROMS.

But
  • A different Sat TV Smartcard is not programmed for each location. Its job is mainly to decrypt the encoded signal.
    Even travelling in a caravan around the country one card is installed and works anywhere around Australia.
    Not only that, but the card has no knowledge where it is operating.

• The Sat TV Smartcard can't do anything unless it gets a signal from the antenna and LNA, and that requires the dish to be aligned with the transmitter location to within a degree or so, depending on the gain dish being used.
So the installer (or caravan owner) must point that dish at the correct location in the sky.
That is a problem for caravan owners who are relying on satellite data for an internet connection and the easiest source of alignment is on the internet.
But there are "satellite finders" that can help, as in The Art of Aiming a Satellite Dish.
And a knowledge of the satellite's longitude and the receiver's location (from satellite based GPS of course!) gives a good starting point.

So as I said before
"Have you ever considered that the stuff you post is mainly completely rubbish?" and "Do you get pleasure about showing you ignorance?"

So, we can agree that micro chips are programmed and that we have no idea what that program is, only what it tells us it is.  Now we can move on to the next weak point that you roundies make. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #400 on: February 27, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »

So, we can agree that micro chips are programmed and that we have no idea what that program is, only what it tells us it is.  Now we can move on to the next weak point that you roundies make.
I guess that we are supposed not to know what the encryption is.

So it looks as though the only reasonable explanation is that DBS and communications satellites are really in geostationary orbit.

So glad that's settled.

And who knows?
There might even be some 80 or 90 Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) satellites up around 12,000 to 14,000 miles for the GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou systems.
I get useful signals from all except the Galileo ones - sometimes locking onto 24 satellites at once,  ;D I must be such a gullible fool, I know  ;D.

Besides I thought your earth was a round disk, so you are a roundie.
Make mine a Globe, thank you, so Globalist might be more appropriate, even that ghastly Globularist that Ski used to say.

« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2017, 01:30:32 AM »
Yes, we see how that works.
If anyone provides any piece of evidence supporting the fact that Earth is round and moving, you will happily reject to stick to your delusions.
You will do likewise for any refutations of your alleged evidence for Earth being flat.

Daddy

« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:25 PM »
Guys, I solved this all, I think you can explore my model (link below) and close this thread, as I prove the existence of satellites AND the world being flat.
Best FE model didn't hold because earth is a globe :
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69528.0

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams - H2G2

« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2018, 06:29:31 PM »
Those are clearly rainwater collectors.
Yeeeessssss because rainwater cole tears are obviously modeled after sattilite dishes