South Africa

• 328 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
South Africa
« on: February 21, 2018, 12:46:50 AM »
South Africa has become somewhat of a failed state. They are electing a new leader who will continue on with land confiscation without compensation. Nothing has been done to slow the murders of farmers, the new government wants to pass legislation to make it legal to imprison or shoot farmers who refuse to give up their land for free.

We all turn a blind eye to the horrors happening in South Africa and the failing state there. Our media is especially guilty of lying theough omission. If this continues it will be Zimbabwe 2.0 where they have to beg farmers to come back because their people are starving.

I thought we could discuss it here. We have to help the Boer, this is absolutely discrimination in its purest form. Australia has turned down Boers after losing their farms due to the color of their skin, The Australian government citing that these people who had their land stolen are "racist". What an absolute joke.

The way I see it we have two options.

1. We put sanctions on South Africa until they stop taking peoples land without consent or compensation and they resolve to treat people fairly.

2. We remove all the Boer from South Africa, resettle them in western countries and let South Africa know that every day that their country isn't a radioactive crater in the ground is a gift of the wests generosity and mercy.

I'm rather partial to the second option at this point however I think we could start with the first option.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:49:10 AM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: South Africa
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »
I am sorry, I had no idea this was going on. Last I heard, south Africa was the only place in Africa anyone would want to go to.

I didn't know they were in the middle of a meltdown.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 12:50:28 AM »
It's bad man, our media won't even cover it. It's horrible. I lived with a Boer he opened my eyes to a lot of it.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 12:54:42 AM »
Lauren has been over there on the ground.

There's heaps more content than this online but the video series is a good start.
I'm anti-judaism.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 12:55:41 AM »
It's bad man, our media won't even cover it. It's horrible. I lived with a Boer he opened my eyes to a lot of it.

What is their excuse for confiscating their land? Also, what are they doing once they get it? Or is it like Zimbabwe where they simply did it for land rights in attempt to keep their currency from hyper inflating (which obviously failed)?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:58:35 AM »

What is their excuse for confiscating their land? Also, what are they doing once they get it? Or is it like Zimbabwe where they simply did it for land rights in attempt to keep their currency from hyper inflating (which obviously failed)?

The excuse is payback, nothing more.

It's a lot like Zimbabwe, mainly about land rights. The same thing will happen they will take land from farmers and give it to people who dont know how to farm, then they will ask us for help when their people are starving.
I'm anti-judaism.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 01:06:52 AM »
The excuse is payback, nothing more.

Payback for what??

Did they give them this land? Or loan them funds to build it up?

Or is it just an excuse for a broke ass country?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 01:11:02 AM »
For the Dutch and English settlers that built all of their infrastructure farms and economy.

http://hj2009per7southafrica.weebly.com/colonization.html

I think you nailed it on the third option lol.
I'm anti-judaism.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 01:30:49 AM »
For the Dutch and English settlers that built all of their infrastructure farms and economy.

http://hj2009per7southafrica.weebly.com/colonization.html

I think you nailed it on the third option lol.

Well damn, that is very disappointing. Not only for the people getting ravaged by the country they call their home and attempt to sow their hard work into.

But for the country that is turning their only beacon of light (and only place in their country anyone in their right mind would want to visit) into destruction. I would say we have another Zimbabwe hyperinflation on it's way, however, being a part of the euro system might save them. Though considering how bad many of the nations using the euro is doing, you never know.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 02:15:35 AM »
For the Dutch and English colonists who stole their land, you presumably mean.  The 1913 Land Act left the native population with only 10% of the land - almost none of it good farmland.  And what land they had left was all communal, meaning they couldn't even buy and sell it.

Of course stealing people's land now for the sins of their ancestors is wrong, but it's a much more complicated issue than you make out.  Fortunately SA's new leader has spoken out very strongly against it:

"Now you may ask, why am I going through this? Because someone referred to the original sin that was committed in this country, the taking of land from the indigenous people in this country was the original sin."

He was referring to DA leader Mmusi Maimane, who said the 1913 Natives Land Act was apartheid's "original sin" before arguing against land expropriation without compensation.

"It caused divisions, hurt and pain among our people.

"What we need to do is be aware of the fact that we are all called upon to enjoin to heal the divisions and the pain of the past.

"This is a collective task. It is not the task of the ANC alone. It is our task as a nation, it belongs to all of us.

"Yes, Julius Malema, it is just as much your task as it is my task. Yes, Mmusi Maimane, it is your task as it is my task," Ramaphosa said.

'Should we "just say, forget it"?'

The return of the land to the people from whom it was taken could be precisely how South Africa heals the divisions of the past.

"A number of white South Africans and companies have decided they are going to grasp the nettle and seize this as an opportunity to address the injustices of the past, so all of us collectively as South Africans can move forward, knowing we have addressed this issue."

Parliament needed to interrogate the statement that the expropriation of land without compensation was incompatible with a flourishing economy, or that it represented a "violation of the spirit" of the Constitution.

He then cited an example from a Mr Fredrick Alberts in Cape Town, whose house was forcibly taken from him, and who still felt the pain of the loss today.

"Should we just say, 'forget it, that belongs in the past'? He had a beautiful house, wonderful memories, and his dignity was razed to the floor, it was destroyed.

"What should we say to him?"

"Give him a house!" shouted one DA MP.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/we-will-not-allow-smash-and-grab-interventions-ramaphosa-on-land-expropriation-without-compensation-20180220
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 02:24:40 AM »
Your article is justifying what I brought up you utter moron.

I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 02:33:13 AM »
If you read past the headline all the ANC is going to do is change the law so there will no longer be smash and grab farm takeovers because they will be done by the military and quite legally. They are trying to change the laws currently. Just because something is legal does not make it justifiable.

The only race, the only race you could be this apathetic towards is your own. You honestly make me sick in ways you could never understand.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 02:48:55 AM »
I've been working with a South African over the last few years,  and he describes things pretty much the same as you have.

The police force can be bought off with  KFC meal vouchers,   ( I'm not kidding)  and security is pretty much like the wild west.   

Crime is a major problem, and getting worse.   

Living is a compound with electric fences is not the way of life.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 03:00:29 AM »
Damn even Rayzor agrees about South Africa.

I was thinking south Africa was the Seoul to Pyongyang...but it turns out it is not.

I don't have any business dealings from Africa or know anyone from there except for a few customers that has visited south Africa. I guess I need to do more research into this shit hole.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 03:22:04 AM »
Telling the truth is a new tactic of yours Rayzor and one I am not used to at all. Well played, credit where it's due, surprisingly effective. I'm rattled now.
I'm anti-judaism.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 03:30:30 AM »
Telling the truth is a new tactic of yours Rayzor and one I am not used to at all. Well played, credit where it's due, surprisingly effective. I'm rattled now.

He tells some stories,  about necklacing,  and people disappearing.   Pretty violent stuff,  he likes the laid back attitude in Australia.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 05:55:42 AM »

FWIW I don't think you're totally wrong here.  Maybe exaggerating a bit.  I've heard stories like this when apartheid was ended.  There's a couple of things that make trusting regular news sources difficult.  1.  Race relations.  2.  We pushed very hard to end apartheid so we're really not too keen on learning that it's led to these sort of problems.  So you could be right.

On the other hand it's also entirely possible that the situation is being blown out of proportion by the alt-right and "race realists" to justify their worldview.  Ending apartheid is a giant shift for a country and there's no way there wouldn't be some problems along the way.

Trying to get a clear picture of the situation would take quite a bit of research.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 06:10:21 AM »
the situation is being blown out of proportion by the alt-right and "race realists" to justify their worldview.

Kek.

Trying to get a clear picture of the situation would take quite a bit of research.

So why not do it instead of shitpost?
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 06:15:05 AM »
the situation is being blown out of proportion by the alt-right and "race realists" to justify their worldview.

Kek.

So why not do it instead of shitpost?

That's seriously what you got out of all of that?  This is why people don't bother to usually have a conversation with you.  Either we have to agree with everything you say or we're shit posting.  Sad.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 06:18:26 AM »
You basically said.

""You might be right, but you might be wrong because you're racist, I haven't done the research.""

What do you want me to say to that mate?
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 06:32:33 AM »
You basically said.

""You might be right, but you might be wrong because you're racist, I haven't done the research.""

What do you want me to say to that mate?
He didn't say that, you're just being a dick.

Your desire to reduce every complex problem down to a couple of simplistic bullet points doesn't help.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 06:44:04 AM »
Not at all he gives reasons for why I might be correct while defending the medias lack of coverage. Then he says the situation is being blown out of proportion by the alt-right and "race realists".

He accepts the immutable facts while satisfying his white guilt and justifying the murders of farmers and the confiscation of their land by saying that there's no way there wouldn't be some problems along the way.

All in all not a bad post, designed to make me take his bait and spend the rest of the thread calling me a Nazi.

He's actually very good, better than Rayzor imo.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:33 AM »
Not at all he gives reasons for why I might be correct while defending the medias lack of coverage. Then he says the situation is being blown out of proportion by the alt-right and "race realists".

He accepts the immutable facts while satisfying his white guilt and justifying the murders of farmers and the confiscation of their land by saying that there's no way there wouldn't be some problems along the way.
You know his post is still there to read, don't you?  He literally didn't claim any of that.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 06:55:03 AM »

FWIW I don't think you're totally wrong here.  Maybe exaggerating a bit.

>You might be right.

I've heard stories like this when apartheid was ended.  There's a couple of things that make trusting regular news sources difficult.  1.  Race relations.  2.  We pushed very hard to end apartheid so we're really not too keen on learning that it's led to these sort of problems.  So you could be right.

>You could be right, defending the medias lack of coverage.

On the other hand it's also entirely possible that the situation is being blown out of proportion by the alt-right and "race realists" to justify their worldview.

>You are probably wrong because you are racist.

Ending apartheid is a giant shift for a country and there's no way there wouldn't be some problems along the way.

>justification for what's happening currently in South Africa.

>I haven't done the research.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 07:30:31 AM »

>You might be right.

I've heard stories like this when apartheid was ended.  There's a couple of things that make trusting regular news sources difficult.  1.  Race relations.  2.  We pushed very hard to end apartheid so we're really not too keen on learning that it's led to these sort of problems.  So you could be right.

On the other hand it's also entirely possible that the situation is being blown out of proportion by the alt-right and "race realists" to justify their worldview.

Ending apartheid is a giant shift for a country and there's no way there wouldn't be some problems along the way.

Hey if you're not interested in a discussion, if you're here just to find people that bolster your world view, that's fine.  I'll just take the extreme and call you a racist asshole.  It's a lot easier.

If you want to try to make this an actual discussion then I can do that too.  From a race relations view South Africa is an interesting case.  There's probably a lot to learn from an honest study of their history.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 09:30:37 AM »

>You might be right.

The issue with you is that you read what you want to read and interpret it the way you want to.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
Sadly while the Australian media likes to promote that Australia is the most racist country on Earth, we have a humanitarian crisis in South Africa that no one gives a shit about because these particular victims don't have the required melanin content in their skin for people to give a damn about. Then you get disgusting dicks that believe these farmers, who have been responsible, none other than ensuring the prosperity and wealth of South Africa, deserve to have their farms taken and no one gives a damn if they were beaten, tortured, raped and murdered.

You have Presidents from Nelson Mandela to now singing as if its an anthem for the killing of running 'boer' with a machine gun. Now here is an interesting thing. Boer is a derogatory term for white South African in the same way a nigger is derogatory.

South Africa really doesn't see the lack of logic in biting the hand that feeds them. Zimbabwe was once the jewel of Africa and look at it now.

Here is a triggering thought for some..... What do you call a white South African, emigrating to America? An African American.  :o

Anyone who feels uneasy at that concept is a racist arsehole. Why is colour so important to you? Why is a black person, who was born in America, and whose parents were born in America, get to call themselves an 'African American' but a white person from Africa is unable to do so?

The liberal media shows their racist side when they refuse to report the unfolding humanitarian crisis is a country simply because of the colour of the victims skin. How many people in Zimbabwe of all colours have died from the same mistakes we see now. Inaction will be complicit in the deaths and suffering of millions to come, but tell us again what dumb thing Trump tweeted today. Clearly that deserves all the focus.  ???

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »
I'll just call you a racist asshole.  It's a lot easier.

Well you got what you wanted in a roundabout way.

There's probably a lot to learn from an honest study of their history.

So study it. What's wrong with you?

I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 02:44:30 PM »
I'll just call you a racist asshole.  It's a lot easier.

Well you got what you wanted in a roundabout way.

There's probably a lot to learn from an honest study of their history.

So study it. What's wrong with you?

I offer you peace, you continue to choose war.  Why is that?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 02:46:33 PM »
Because you're not an honest poster you are here to push a narrative.

I will accept your peace. Good luck with your studies.
I'm anti-judaism.