Are satellites real?

• 287 Replies

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Are satellites real?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »
And what’s your claim to fame ? Apart from a cult reject?
Nothing ...that's what i am among other things !!!
But the last thing i would personally do is go to a forum and act like a total jerk and try to fight the native forum members wherever i could.

You and other longtime posters who redicule the flatearth wherever you can are so incredibly arrogant....and the scary part is, you don't even realise it....
Do your friends and family know you are here to redicule flatearthers in your spare time ??
Friends LOL.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »
And what’s your claim to fame ? Apart from a cult reject?
Nothing ...that's what i am among other things !!!
But the last thing i would personally do is go to a forum and act like a total jerk and try to fight the native forum members wherever i could.

Native forum members? LOL wtf is that? Does that mean that you (among others) are the primitive, ignorant savages waiting for intelligent people to come to enlighten you? If so, I agree with your notion about "native forum members".

You and other longtime posters who redicule the flatearth wherever you can are so incredibly arrogant....and the scary part is, you don't even realise it....
Do your friends and family know you are here to redicule flatearthers in your spare time ??

No one cares, bud. Even the ones who spend their time trying to reason with morons like you are laughing at you.
Personally, I'm just here to ridicule your spelling of redicule because arrogance and stuff... and such.

By all means though, please providence evidence that satellites either don't exist or don't work as asserted. Everyone needs a good laugh so please have at it.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »

I do not "redicule the flatearth" but I do "ridicule the flatearth" whenever I get the chance.

The modern flat earth hypothesis is a totally ridiculous idea, quite apart from the shape that does not match the real earth.
A massive failure is the idea that the sun, moon, planets and stars circle a relatively short distance above the flat earth.

Without the most horrendous hypotheses there is no way that these paths of the celestial objects can fit what we see with our own eyes.

But,  I've explained this numerous times and you and many others are too closed-minded to see it.
So flat earthers, rather than believing their own eyes still scrabble around looking for weird pseudo-scientific explanations.

I wonder then, just who is so incredibly arrogant.

But the topic is, "Are satellites real?"
Yes, of course they are! The rockets are witnessed being launched and have been tracked to very high altitudes.
When in orbit many have been observed as spots of light moving in the right direction at the right time.
Even geostationary satellites have been observed stationary against a moving starfield - easy with a small telescope, they are stationary!

Then the ISS has been observed by many people, on time and travelling in the expected direction. Not only that, but there are numerous photos showing its shape in orbit.

Then numerous countries have satellites in orbit and a dozen or so, including Israel, India and North Korea have launched their own.

But, of course, all this is some massive conspiracy because dutchy can't understand the same perspective that FEers use to try vainly to explain away sunsets.

I think I'll stick to reality, even if I get accused of being incredibly arrogant.

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2018, 04:39:47 AM »
When flat earthers lose all ideas and can't create more fake shit they just start insulting other people.

?

dutchy

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2018, 04:59:43 AM »
When flat earthers lose all ideas and can't create more fake shit they just start insulting other people.
We have proven and explained in numerous topics that rockets as seen in all available footage go anywhere but (deep)space.
That late fifties satelites didn't have the technology and delicate remote controled adjustments to go into ''orbit'' as claimed in those days.
And i spare you all topics that are dealing with the assumptions that rockets cannot work in the vacuum of space and that small vacuum chambers on earth do not mimick the conditions of the vacuum of space. So we only have some CGI with rockets, the ISS and satelites orbiting ''earth''.

But every other topic a new globeling creates an account and asks the same old questions all over again.....
Are you also here to save humanity ?, because most globelings feel they have to save humanity for going back to the dark ages....or something similar along those lines...

The insults are all yours to begin with !
You think it is normal to join the flatearth forums while you laugh and redicule the very notion of it,...don't you ?
You are the very definition of being a total loser who wants to underline or upgrade his self esteem by joining a forum that he thinks is the epitome of absurdity to begin with.(your avatar)
So NO....you are not here to discuss anything with an open mind !

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:02:48 AM by dutchy »

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2018, 05:24:44 AM »
We have proven and explained in numerous topics that rockets as seen in all available footage go anywhere but (deep)space.
That late fifties satelites didn't have the technology and delicate remote controled adjustments to go into ''orbit'' as claimed in those days.
And i spare you all topics that are dealing with the assumptions that rockets cannot work in the vacuum of space and that small vacuum chambers on earth do not mimick the conditions of the vacuum of space. So we only have some CGI with rockets, the ISS and satelites orbiting ''earth''.

But every other topic a new globeling creates an account and asks the same old questions all over again.....
Are you also here to save humanity ?, because most globelings feel they have to save humanity for going back to the dark ages....or something similar along those lines...

You think it is normal to join the flatearth forums while you laugh and redicule the very notion of it,...don't you ?
You are the very definition of being a total loser who wants to underline or upgrade his self esteem by joining a forum that he thinks is the epitome of absurdity to begin with.(your avatar)

We aren't here to discuss anything open minded? Really when we state something that you can't explain you will either ignore it or make something up and not look at the full picture. All of the flat-earthers can't even agree how the Earth looks or if the sun has a sunshade and let's not even start talking about the lunar eclipse. If rockets can't fly in space why do I have many photos of satellites (not detailed) and many other amateur astronomers took pretty detailed photos of the ISS. I know that you are going to say that they are just balloons or something other. And did you see all of the weather satellites that have 24/7 view of the Earth and you can see the live stream on the web, here is a video of a guy who picked up a signal from a weather satellite: .
Do you know how hard it would be almost impossible to create a fake video. And all of the balloons that fly into the atmosphere that take videos and pictures of the round Earth are they fake too. We ask the same question because you can't agree on one answer or you haven't replied to that question.

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2018, 05:49:20 AM »
And here is a video of a rocket working in vacuum:

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2018, 06:09:34 AM »
Bullshit, you're stupid.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

is_the_earth_flat

• Of course it isn't.
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2018, 06:16:08 AM »
Bullshit, you're stupid.

Really what about fake x-moon that creates shadow on the moon. We have never observed it, it doesn't cover any part of the sky but it covers only the moon. And what about other planets if the sun has it's own sunshade the eclipses wouldn't be possible.

?

Lonegranger

• Non Euclidean is the new black
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2018, 12:52:28 PM »
It just demonstrates how intellectually corrupt flattard thinking is if they still claim satelites are not real as there is now a launch almost every week, and the larger ones can be seen given the right conditions. In addition there is the humanity satellite that is clearly visible!
Mad as carrots.
Rub your hands together. They get hotter, right? Imagine doing that for much longer, much faster. Amazing how friction works huh?
Jane

rvlvr

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2018, 12:58:03 PM »
It is not easy to be a flat Earther nowadays. The accelerated rate of launches by national and private operators is a tough one to explain away.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »
Bullshit, you're stupid.
:) :) :) Thanks hoppy:) :) :)
The assertion that, "When flat earthers lose all ideas and can't create more fake shit they just start insulting other people" is proven by you own words, over and over again.
 :) :) :) Much appreciated.  :) :) :)

?

dutchy

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2018, 02:33:33 PM »
It just demonstrates how intellectually corrupt flattard thinking is if they still claim satelites are not real as there is now a launch almost every week, and the larger ones can be seen given the right conditions. In addition there is the humanity satellite that is clearly visible!
Mad as carrots.
All we ever see is rockets heading for the oceans and cgi the moment they supposedly enter ''space''.
In your mad world there is no difference while observing a rocket flying horizontally or vertically (ask rabinoz ;D)
The moment the footage of a rocket launch shows the rocket flying horizontally it is due to perspective....(ask rabinoz  ;D)
One wonders if an observer would see the same while observing a plane going straight up or flying horizontally.....
Every sane person would conclude that for an observer on the ground the horizontal and vertical trajectories would look very different indeed !!!

But when it comes to rockets you willfully ignore your eyes and your brainwashed cerebrel cortex provides you with erronious conclusions while observing a rocket flying horizontally..........

Yes ''we are mad as a carrot''...you ignorant little brainwashed puppy....
Look this rocket is heading for the Indian ocean....not space !!

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »
Mad as carrots.
All we ever see is rockets heading for the oceans and cgi the moment they supposedly enter ''space''.
In your mad world there is no difference while observing a rocket flying horizontally or vertically (ask rabinoz ;D)
The moment the footage of a rocket launch shows the rocket flying horizontally it is due to perspective....(ask rabinoz  ;D)
One wonders if an observer would see the same while observing a plane going straight up or flying horizontally.....
Every sane person would conclude that for an observer on the ground the horizontal and vertical trajectories would look very different indeed !!!

But when it comes to rockets you willfully ignore your eyes and your brainwashed cerebrel cortex provides you with erronious conclusions while observing a rocket flying horizontally..........

Yes ''we are mad as a carrot''...you ignorant little brainwashed puppy....
Look this rocket is heading for the Indian ocean....not space !!

The following are the elevation and azimuth setting for the satellites DIRECTV 10, DIRECTV 12, DIRECTV 15, and SPACEWAY 1 in geostationary orbit at longitude 102.8°.

Satellite: 102.8W DIRECTV 10 | DIRECTV 12 | DIRECTV 15 | SPACEWAY 1

Latitude: 41.5533° Longitude: -72.0824°
Elevation: 32.7°
Azimuth (true): 221.8°
Azimuth (magn.): 235.8°

Latitude: 32.9760° Longitude: -96.7387°
Elevation: 51.1°
Azimuth (true): 191.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 187.8°

Latitude: 25.9231° Longitude: -80.3993°
Elevation: 50.8°
Azimuth (true): 223.3°
Azimuth (magn.): 229.7°

Latitude: 33.9698° Longitude: -118.2468°
Elevation: 47.2°
Azimuth (true): 153.7°
Azimuth (magn.): 141.6°

In a spherical coordinate system, these all point to a location 22,300 miles above the equator at a longitude of 102.8°

However, if we aim the dishes using this data on a flat or Cartesian coordinate system they all point to different directions and elevations.  They never all intersect at a single point.  Additionally, multiple dishes in a single city would point parallel to each other indicating they are aimed at something very far away.  In order for this to work there would have to either be hundreds of towers thousands of feet high or hundreds of aircraft/balloons/zeppelins in fixed locations.  Neither of which is possible.

The only way this works is if the dishes are on a spherical earth.  All the dishes are pointing to a single point on a celestial sphere 22,300 miles above the equator.  Only possible in a spherical coordinate system.

You can use the numbers I provided or check other locations using Dishpointer at http://www.dishpointer.com/.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2018, 03:08:10 PM »
No you haven't, not by a long shot! You standard of proof seem to be, "Papa Legba said so".

Quote from: dutchy
Incorrect again! They didn't need any "delicate remote controled adjustments to go into 'orbit'".
Such control might be needed for a precisely controlled orbit but not to simply enter "an orbit".

That's just as well, because rockets can work in the vacuum of space.
You, Papa Legba and all you flat earth cronies are just proving that they have no understanding of physics to claim otherwise.

Even the names, like "globeling" and "globularists", that flat earthers use to describe normal people that claim that the earth is a Globe is aimed at belittling!
So don't you complain about any ridicule you get back!

Really? It's just that flat earthers simply refuse to accept that there is no flat earth model that "works" - not by a long shot!

No, it's nothing to do with "saving humanity", simply pointing out that this modern idea that the earth is flat is totally false and there is no denying that it is a relatively modern idea!
There is abundant evidence that the early Greeks, those from the Middle East before 1000 AD and those in Europe certainly took the Globe as the shape of the earth.
You foe, Nicholas Copernicus, had nothing to do with introducing the Globe - the Globe was simply accepted long before that.

Really? Go back over your own posts and see what you have called anyone that you think supports NASA!
Then look on YouTube and see the vile insults hurled at anyone who dares question the flat earth.

No, I didn't join to "laugh and ridicule" but to point out what is wrong with the flat earth and why it does not even fit with what I see with my own eyes.

Now, "open mind" coming from you, dutchy, is bordering on something to "laugh at and ridicule" - I never seen anyone else that is so unwilling to consider anyone else's explanations.

Stop bitching dutchy! If you have evidence actually supporting the flat earth model, with its map shape, its celestial objects circling above the earth and how these explain what we see.

But no, all you seem able to do is attack NASA and space missions. Well, the earth was known the be a Globe long, long before the idea of space exploration was dreamt of!

So debate the shape of the earth and the model that goes with it and stop wasting you time with irrelevant issues.

Bye bye, have a nice flat day!

PS   Why does the Netherlands have satellite TV if the earth is flat?
CanalDigitaal
CanalDigitaal is a provider of digital television via satellite for the Dutch market, using the Astra satellites at 23.5° east.

Initially customers were mainly Dutch citizens in the countryside who did not have cable access. But in the meantime the company also managed to expand into the cities. This is sometimes complicated in the Netherlands due to local building codes restricting the placement of satellite dishes.

And why would the Netherlands have owned an astronomical satellite?
Astronomical Netherlands Satellite
The Astronomical Netherlands Satellite (ANS; also known as Astronomische Nederlandse Satelliet) was a space-based X-ray and ultraviolet telescope. It was launched into Earth orbit on 30 August 1974 at 14:07:39 UTC in a Scout rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base, United States. The mission ran for 20 months until June 1976, and was jointly funded by the Netherlands Institute for Space Research (NIVR) and NASA.[1][2] ANS was the first Dutch satellite, and the Main Belt asteroid 9996 ANS was named after it.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2018, 03:23:45 PM »
No you haven't, not by a long shot! You standard of proof seem to be, "Papa Legba said so".

Incorrect again! They didn't need any "delicate remote controled adjustments to go into 'orbit'".
Such control might be needed for a precisely controlled orbit but not to simply enter "an orbit".

That's just as well, because rockets can work in the vacuum of space.
You, Papa Legba and all you flat earth cronies are just proving that they have no understanding of physics to claim otherwise.

Even the names, like "globeling" and "globularists", that flat earthers use to describe normal people that claim that the earth is a Globe is aimed at belittling!
So don't you complain about any ridicule you get back!

Really? It's just that flat earthers simply refuse to accept that there is no flat earth model that "works" - not by a long shot!

No, it's nothing to do with "saving humanity", simply pointing out that this modern idea that the earth is flat is totally false and there is no denying that it is a relatively modern idea!
There is abundant evidence that the early Greeks, those from the Middle East before 1000 AD and those in Europe certainly took the Globe as the shape of the earth.
You foe, Nicholas Copernicus, had nothing to do with introducing the Globe - the Globe was simply accepted long before that.

Really? Go back over your own posts and see what you have called anyone that you think supports NASA!
Then look on YouTube and see the vile insults hurled at anyone who dares question the flat earth.

No, I didn't join to "laugh and ridicule" but to point out what is wrong with the flat earth and why it does not even fit with what I see with my own eyes.

Now, "open mind" coming from you, dutchy, is bordering on something to "laugh at and ridicule" - I never seen anyone else that is so unwilling to consider anyone else's explanations.

Stop bitching dutchy! If you have evidence actually supporting the flat earth model, with its map shape, its celestial objects circling above the earth and how these explain what we see.

But no, all you seem able to do is attack NASA and space missions. Well, the earth was known the be a Globe long, long before the idea of space exploration was dreamt of!

So debate the shape of the earth and the model that goes with it and stop wasting you time with irrelevant issues.

Bye bye, have a nice flat day!

PS   Why does the Netherlands have satellite TV if the earth is flat?
CanalDigitaal
CanalDigitaal is a provider of digital television via satellite for the Dutch market, using the Astra satellites at 23.5° east.

Initially customers were mainly Dutch citizens in the countryside who did not have cable access. But in the meantime the company also managed to expand into the cities. This is sometimes complicated in the Netherlands due to local building codes restricting the placement of satellite dishes.

And why would the Netherlands have owned an astronomical satellite?
Astronomical Netherlands Satellite
The Astronomical Netherlands Satellite (ANS; also known as Astronomische Nederlandse Satelliet) was a space-based X-ray and ultraviolet telescope. It was launched into Earth orbit on 30 August 1974 at 14:07:39 UTC in a Scout rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base, United States. The mission ran for 20 months until June 1976, and was jointly funded by the Netherlands Institute for Space Research (NIVR) and NASA.[1][2] ANS was the first Dutch satellite, and the Main Belt asteroid 9996 ANS was named after it.

Honest question: do you not realise how mental you sound?

Every person educated on the subject knows that space travel is nonsense.

All of them.

It's been established since 1957.

But 99.99999999% of the world is not educated on the subject.

And that's who you bots are here to bully into submission, and make sure they never do get educated.

Fair enough, you'll probably get away with it too...

I mean, your target audience is big and dumb enough...

But you're still an automated lying machine.

Just saying.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2018, 03:29:22 PM »

Honest question: where did you receive your education on the subject?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »

Not from you.

Because if I did, I would believe all military industrial propaganda bullshit, ever...

( And probably own a Nikon P 900).

Because military industrial propaganda bullshit is all you are programmed with.

It must be hard for you, not knowing you are an AI algorithm...

Not as hard as it is on us, though.

Summary: STFU and FOAD.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2018, 04:28:11 PM »

Not from you.
Not what I asked.

Then again, why should I expect a straight answer from you about anything?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2018, 04:42:23 PM »

Not from you.
why should I expect a straight answer from you about anything?

Stop harrassing me for one then.

Stop harrassing everyone on this forum for shit you're gonna misrepresent anyway and just leave...

See ya!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »
Stop harrassing everyone on this forum for shit you're gonna misrepresent anyway and just leave...
LOL!!  Says the master of harassment and misrepresenting things people say.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »

I'll take that as a NO U, markbot, as well as a shitpost and a lie...

Surprise me sometime, eh, botty boy.

Oh, and everyone educated in the subject knows space travel is fake.

That's a fact.

Now misrepresent it...

Harrass me with sockpuppets whilst you do so, why not?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2018, 05:18:10 PM »
<< irrelevant rubbish deleted >>
That's a fact.
Still dancing on your puppeteer's strings I see!

rvlvr

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2018, 10:22:52 PM »
Jerry is making less sense every passing day.

I wonder if something got to him, if he is okay,

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2018, 11:30:24 PM »
This is a free body diagram of a satellite.

The circle represents the satellite and the arrow represents the force of gravity.

Tell everyone why it will not crash into the Earth...

Because the real deal is worthless...
Now run away and bother someone who cares!

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2018, 12:25:48 AM »

The circle represents the satellite and the arrow represents the force of gravity.

Because the force on the satellite is always perpendicular to its direction of travel, resulting in a circular trajectory that doesn't intersect the earth.

(For a satellite in a circular orbit; In the case of an elliptical orbit it's slightly more complicated but a similar analysis applies.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:35:46 AM by Copper Knickers »

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 12:34:04 AM »

All explained online.  Better to find a detailed link than explain here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_mechanics

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2018, 12:44:38 AM »

Because the force on the satellite is always perpendicular to its direction of travel, resulting in a circular trajectory that doesn't intersect the earth.

(For a satellite in a circular orbit; In the case of an elliptical orbit it's slightly more complicated but a similar analysis applies.)
You are in dispute with the free body diagram.

Please edit the diagram and present it as you think it should look.
Because the real deal is worthless...
Now run away and bother someone who cares!

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2018, 01:33:18 AM »

You are in dispute with the free body diagram.

Please edit the diagram and present it as you think it should look.

I agree with the free body diagram. Where have I indicated any dispute with it?

?

Lonegranger

• Non Euclidean is the new black
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2018, 01:34:47 AM »
What a bunch of goons. How on earth can you keep denying the truth!
Here is a list of recent launches, what their purpose is and how they can be tracked.

https://www.n2yo.com/satellites/?c=latest-launches
Rub your hands together. They get hotter, right? Imagine doing that for much longer, much faster. Amazing how friction works huh?
Jane