Are satellites real?

• 287 Replies

Here to laugh at you

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: Are satellites real?
« Reply #270 on: February 21, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
The conclusion to this discussion is that satellites are real.  All agree?

Agreed, but don't hold your breath waiting for Lackey.   He'd sooner throw his mother off a cliff than admit the truth.

You do know he doesn't have a mother?
he has two fathers.
Yes, you

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #271 on: February 21, 2018, 11:54:00 AM »

Agreed, but don't hold your breath waiting for Lackey.   He'd sooner throw his mother off a cliff than admit the truth.
Be careful what you say, lest Papa Legba accuse you of endorsing matricide.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #272 on: February 21, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
All a loser can do is resort to ridicule, which you do in spades.

I really that think you've lost all sense of reason and gone ballistic!

DBS Satellite TV has been in operation since 1984, yet all you can provide guesses that can cover local areas and are not yet in wide service.

How do you explain broadband data and TV services to aircraft flying far from any land?
You might read, QANTAS SWITCHES ON FAST, FREE INFLIGHT WIFI

Current ADS-B systems use ground based link, so can only track area within about 200 km of a land or ship based transmitter.
The soon to be implemented satellite ADS-B system extends that coverage over the whole earth,
see Aireon, SPACE-BASED ADS-B MAKING GLOBAL AIR TRAFFIC SURVEILLANCE A POWERFUL REALITY.
Global Air Traffic Surveillance
In 2018, Aireon will provide the first truly global air traffic surveillance system using a space-based ADS-B network that makes it possible to extend visibility across the entire planet. Aireon will enable real-time transmission of ADS-B reports from equipped aircraft to Air Traffic Management automation platforms and Air Traffic Controllers in every Flight Information Region throughout the world.

But, all the wonderful Total Lackey can do is is to guess and ridicule!

1) DBS Satellite TV has been in operation since 1984, yet all you can provide guesses that can cover local areas and are not yet in wide service.
AT&T offers DirecTV and you do not even need a dish or receiver.

Wide area covered.
After all your ridicule, I guess I'm allowed a bit - you do come up with such Total Lunacy after all!
Are you a total ignoramus? Read this about  AT&T DirecTV:
At-a-Glance Equipment Requirements:
  • A minimum connection speed of 750Kbps (DSL or cable modem) is required. 2Mbps or higher is recommended.
    A wireless router connected to your home Internet service. If you don't have a wireless router, please schedule a professional installation by calling 1-800-531-5000.
Connecting your Genie® or HD DVR to the Internet opens the door to a whole new world of entertainment, like access to thousands of DIRECTV On Demand movies and shows, Pandora Internet Radio, your live and recorded shows (model HR44 and above) on your mobile device, and more. Go to directv.com/getconnected to learn more about all the benefits of Getting Connected.

AT&T DirecTV requires an internet connection of at least 750Kbps!
And the internet connection requires "DSL or cable modem", though I imagine wireless or satellite could be used.
I get faster service here with 4g wireless (at 38Mbps download and 39Mbps upload right now) than cable (at 35Mbps download and 5Mbps upload max).

So your strike one never was! It's not a good start for your Totally Lacklustre guesswork!
Quote from: totallackey
Ah Pete...that's strike one...
Nope sorry, your wonderful AT&T DirecTV might be good, but it must have internet access!

2)And a point that you refuse to face is that the receiver dishes for a specific satellite service all point to one point approximately 35,786 km above the globe. Those dishes simply will not point to one location at any height above your flat earth.
If you disagree, you show how the meet at your hypothetical balloon locations!

But a swing and a miss nonetheless!
Nope, I swing pretty straight and unerringly!
Any transmitter occupying or intercepting the line of sight of the dish can be at any altitude along that line of sight.
So, your are suggesting that for every location in the whole of Australia or New Zealand entered into
Satsig, Satellite dish pointing angle calculator for Australia and New Zealand that there is a Loon or similar just sitting there?

If that were true, the whole sky would be covered in Loons. You'd have to be  Totally Looney to even consider it!
So, since they can't cover the whole sky, you show where your hypothetical balloons are located!
;D Still, you Totally Looney idea could shade the outback! It does get awfully hot out there! ;D
Bingo - your strike two just flew out the window.
Strike two!
So Strike two gets struck out. Not fairin' too well are we, Lackey boy?

3) How do you explain broadband data and TV services to aircraft flying far from any land? You might read, QANTAS SWITCHES ON FAST, FREE INFLIGHT WIFI

Strike 3 and your out!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/21/facebook-solar-powered-internet-plane-test-flight-aquila
Totally irrelevant to DBS Satellite TV in 1984, satellite ADS-B and wide band links to in-flight aircraft.

Mr Totally Lacking, it's a pity (for you) that you have no understanding of the issues involved.

I do so apologise, but I had to strike-out all your "Strikes", tough cheese.

« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2018, 09:15:56 PM »
After all your ridicule, I guess I'm allowed a bit - you do come up with such Total Lunacy after all!
  • A minimum connection speed of 750Kbps (DSL or cable modem) is required. 2Mbps or higher is recommended.
    A wireless router connected to your home Internet service. If you don't have a wireless router, please schedule a professional installation by calling 1-800-531-5000.
Connecting your Genie® or HD DVR to the Internet opens the door to a whole new world of entertainment, like access to thousands of DIRECTV On Demand movies and shows, Pandora Internet Radio, your live and recorded shows (model HR44 and above) on your mobile device, and more. Go to directv.com/getconnected to learn more about all the benefits of Getting Connected.

And the internet connection requires "DSL or cable modem", though I imagine wireless or satellite could be used.
I get faster service here with 4g wireless (at 38Mbps download and 39Mbps upload right now) than cable (at 35Mbps download and 5Mbps upload max).

So your strike one never was! It's not a good start for your Totally Lacklustre guesswork!
Nope sorry, your wonderful AT&T DirecTV might be good, but it must have internet access!
Admits a satellite dish and receiver is not required!

Wide service area still in place!

Arguing balls and strikes!

First warning and appeal denied!

Strike one!
Any transmitter occupying or intercepting the line of sight of the dish can be at any altitude along that line of sight.
So, your are suggesting that for every location in the whole of Australia or New Zealand entered into
Satsig, Satellite dish pointing angle calculator for Australia and New Zealand that there is a Loon or similar just sitting there?

If that were true, the whole sky would be covered in Loons. You'd have to be  Totally Looney to even consider it!
So, since they can't cover the whole sky, you show where your hypothetical balloons are located!
;D Still, you Totally Looney idea could shade the outback! It does get awfully hot out there! ;D
Your assumption of the amount necessary is simply that Pete...

An assumption.

You cannot argue balls and strikes Pete!

Final warning!

Strike two and appeal denied!
3) How do you explain broadband data and TV services to aircraft flying far from any land? You might read, QANTAS SWITCHES ON FAST, FREE INFLIGHT WIFI

Strike 3 and your out!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/21/facebook-solar-powered-internet-plane-test-flight-aquila
Totally irrelevant to DBS Satellite TV in 1984, satellite ADS-B and wide band links to in-flight aircraft.

Mr Totally Lacking, it's a pity (for you) that you have no understanding of the issues involved.

Oh, so you simply do not like the fact a plane could be receiving a wifi internet signal from another plane that can stay aloft for months...no real argument against it or that it cannot be done...

STRIKE THREE!

Pete is ejected from the game!

Your outta here, Pete!
Because the real deal is worthless...
Now run away and bother someone who cares!

rvlvr

« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2018, 10:03:50 PM »
So everything relies on a conspiracy. It is just planes there relaying signals.

I forgot if you were a flat Earther or just like conspiracies, so not sure what it is "they" try to accomplish by this.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2018, 12:47:35 AM »
Surely they are, in NASA fables before childs sleeping.

I blame you for the moonlit sky
And the dream that died
With the Eagle's flight
I blame you for the moonlit nights
When I wonder why
Are the seas still dry?
Don't blame this sleeping satellite

Did we fly to the moon too soon
Did we squander the chance
In the rush of the race
The reason we chase is lost in romance
And still we try
To justify the waste
For a taste of man's greatest adventure

And the dream that died
With the Eagle's flight
When I wonder why
Are the seas still dry?

Have we lost what it takes to advance?
Have we peaked too soon?
If the world is so green
Then why does it scream under a blue moon
We wonder why
If the earth's sacrificed
For the price of it's greatest treasure

And the dream that died
With the Eagle's flight
When I wonder why
Are the seas still dry?

And when we shoot for stars
What a giant step
Have we got what it takes
To carry the weight of this concept
Or pass it by like a shot in the dark
Miss the mark with a sense of adventure

And the dream that died
With the Eagle's flight
When I wonder why
Are the seas still dry?
ANNIHILATOR OF JOHN DAVIS

rvlvr

« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2018, 12:48:59 AM »
Is Tasmin Archer a part of the conspiracy?!  :o

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2018, 03:02:37 AM »

Wide service area still in place!

Arguing balls and strikes!

First warning and appeal denied!
Maybe for Pete, that's strike one but since I have no connection with your Pete there are no strikes against me!
Mr Total Lackey since your wonderful AT&T DirecTV must have internet access it does not help you one little bit!
So Strike One against Mr Total Lackey!
And you're
Strike one!

An assumption.
Since I'm not Pete, it might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but not an assumption.
Loons float about 18 km high and for there to be one show up within the 1° beam width of a correctly directed "satellite" dish these Loons would need to be spaced about 300 m apart (from 18,000 x tan(1°) m).
Now the area of Australia is 7.692 million km2, so about 80,000,000 Loons would be needed just to cover it in this way!

And what makes your Looney suggestion even Loonier is that Loons are still just in the experimental stage and Australia has had satellite TV since before 1990.

So even though Petey's nowhere to be seen you've stuck out altogether!

You cannot argue balls and strikes Pete!
Final warning!
Strike two and appeal denied!
No need for any warnings and I'm not arguing balls, I'm claiming that your arguments are purely imaginary fairytales - you really should lay off that LSD.

Strike 3 and your out!

Oh, so you simply do not like the fact a plane could be receiving a wifi internet signal from another plane that can stay aloft for months...no real argument against it or that it cannot be done...

STRIKE THREE!
Pete is ejected from the game!
Your outta here, Pete!
Sorry, Totally Crappy, Pete was never here and you have to contend with me!

All of you arguments seem to be like "a plane could be receiving a wifi internet signal"! All could be or might be and guesswork, no evidence of how things are done in the real world. 

No, I don't have to prove that it cannot be done, you have to show that this is the way that these things are done.
You just chuck up ideas that are proposed are in some cases being tested,  but you have not shown that satellites are not being used.

Final score
Totally Lost it: might as well not have bothered, with all you Totally Crappy guesses.
Pete: never even heard there was a contest,  but I'm sure Pete knows that satellites are real!
Me: totally unscathed!

As I said before, Mr Totally Lacking, it's a pity (for you) that you have no understanding of the issues involved.
Here's a couple of videos for your delectation!

ISS passing in front of the moon Nikon P900,
Movie Vertigo, Published on Apr 8, 2017

Nikon P900 Captures ISS Lunar Transit,
Reds Rhetoric, Published on Nov 7, 2017
I know that the images are small, but the object in those videos looks like a very a fast moving satellite and not an almost stationary Loon.

So, Mr Totally Lost It, go cry on Pete's shoulder, being a medico he might have more sympathy for you plight than I do!

« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2018, 03:24:30 AM »

<snip>
Why do you keep bringing up DIRECTV’s streaming service?  DIRECTV NOW isn’t even for TV.  It’s for mobile devices.  If you want to watch on your TV you DO need a receiver to get the service so you're misrepresenting it's use.  Every TV service provider has a mobile streaming service and DIRECTV NOW is no different.

Not to mention it has absolutely nothing to do with the twenty million of us with satellite service.  It’s a red herring, a strawman with absolutely no bearing on the existence of satellites.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82˘ to produce a penny, putting in your 2˘ if really worth 3.64˘.

« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2018, 04:42:35 AM »

An assumption.
It's not an assumption, as I've explained to you twice already.  The dishes are pointing somewhere; this is an observed fact.  Their lines of sight intersect at exactly one point.  That point is the geosynchronous satellite that is transmitting to them.  If you refuse to accept that transmitter, then you need a separate transmitter for every single dish.  It's not an assumption, it's the logical conclusion of your assumption that a transmitter isn't at the one point where it could be to have line of sight with all of the receiving dishes simultaneously.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2018, 06:19:37 AM »

Still does not want to discuss how satellite service was provide before broadband internet became available.

?

dutchy

« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2018, 01:04:14 PM »

Well i for one think that ''here to laugh at you'' is indeed a sick little pervert that has expressed intentionally numerous Freudian slips ..that indicate surpressed sexual desires that are socially unaccepted still......
And the fact that he receives applause and support for his appalling behaviour by the frontmen of the globe/space troopers reminds me a lot of current politics where the sick Podesta brothers are defended while having sickening art preferences that are filty, wicked and perverted for everyone with  working eyes.

But because ''it doesn't look right'' is the most rediculed phrase, i perfectly understand that globe/space troopers buy into everything as long as some math, jargon and cgi will explain away what any set of eyes can easily detect from a countrymile.......

BTW yes  satellites are real....look flatheads look !!!

Here to laugh at you

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »
Delusional, as always...

Yes, you

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »

Well i for one think that ''here to laugh at you'' is indeed a sick little pervert that has expressed intentionally numerous Freudian slips ..that indicate surpressed sexual desires that are socially unaccepted still......
And the fact that he receives applause and support for his appalling behaviour by the frontmen of the globe/space troopers reminds me a lot of current politics where the sick Podesta brothers are defended while having sickening art preferences that are filty, wicked and perverted for everyone with  working eyes.

But because ''it doesn't look right'' is the most rediculed phrase, i perfectly understand that globe/space troopers buy into everything as long as some math, jargon and cgi will explain away what any set of eyes can easily detect from a countrymile.......

Ah yes. When you run out of real arguments, schlep out the scifi CGI as if no one knows the difference.  ::)

« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2018, 11:58:57 PM »

rvlvr

« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2018, 12:15:38 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43090226
Nice :D

But, of course, fake, as we know.

And as the chief executive is an Israeli ex-fighter pilot, and the company is British, that surely means it is an Illuminati plot.

Macarios

« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2018, 07:21:07 AM »

hehehe

We were talking about satellites that we receive signals from them.
Which signal you receive from the one in your image?
At what azimuth and elevation you can aim at it from Oklahoma City?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #287 on: February 23, 2018, 07:34:03 AM »
Are satellites real?

Of course, they are you silly billy. New ones are launched every week. tHose silly flat-earthers have to cry foul, for what else can they do. Acceptance of satellites and space travel renders their whole belief system null and void. They really have no option but to heap factless scorn on any debate relating to satellites.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these