This Flat Earth you speak of.....

• 55 Replies
This Flat Earth you speak of.....
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:04:25 PM »
So i am new to this forum but i have to say this is some of the most entertaining content i have ever read on the entire internet .... ever LOL!! Ive read all about your experiments and theories, and looked at your maps for a flat earth over the last couple of days. I can go with all of your ideas that the whole world is in a giant conspiracy to keep the truth from the world that its flat, even doctored photos from the shadow government at google etc. lol this would make for one heck of a science fiction novel and would convince some people .... BUT....

I have one flaw in your entire theory... according to the "Flat Earth" model there is an enormous ice wall surrounding the south pole... or well in this case surrounding the planet.... The problem i have with this is a few years ago i actually took a charter sight seeing flight to Antarctica via this company...

http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/home#expect

So going along with your theory about this ice wall or barrier or edge or something ... We spent a little more than 4 hours flying over the continent ... maybe the windows were blurry...maybe I'm just nearsighted but i never saw this barrier or the edge of the world... i have 20/20 vision so I'm sure i would have seen it if it were there ... Maybe we just didn't fly close enough because the secret societies tricked our GPS location or something ....last i checked the human eye can see pretty far in a clear atmosphere though.... I duno maybe im just a paid brainwashed informant of the world government...

Just to clarify though just HOW CLOSE to the edge of this world do you have to get to see this wall because i really want to see it would be fantastic... Ive seen allot of things and seeing a giant ice wall would make my day..

Cheers

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: This Flat Earth you speak of.....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:48:14 PM »
At what altitude did you fly?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »
So i am new to this forum but i have to say this is some of the most entertaining content i have ever read on the entire internet .... ever LOL!! Ive read all about your experiments and theories, and looked at your maps for a flat earth over the last couple of days. I can go with all of your ideas that the whole world is in a giant conspiracy to keep the truth from the world that its flat, even doctored photos from the shadow government at google etc. lol this would make for one heck of a science fiction novel and would convince some people .... BUT....

I have one flaw in your entire theory... according to the "Flat Earth" model there is an enormous ice wall surrounding the south pole... or well in this case surrounding the planet.... The problem i have with this is a few years ago i actually took a charter sight seeing flight to Antarctica via this company...

http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/home#expect

So going along with your theory about this ice wall or barrier or edge or something ... We spent a little more than 4 hours flying over the continent ... maybe the windows were blurry...maybe I'm just nearsighted but i never saw this barrier or the edge of the world... i have 20/20 vision so I'm sure i would have seen it if it were there ... Maybe we just didn't fly close enough because the secret societies tricked our GPS location or something ....last i checked the human eye can see pretty far in a clear atmosphere though.... I duno maybe im just a paid brainwashed informant of the world government...

Just to clarify though just HOW CLOSE to the edge of this world do you have to get to see this wall because i really want to see it would be fantastic... Ive seen allot of things and seeing a giant ice wall would make my day..

Cheers

At 35000ft the horizon is only at most ~360km which is not that far in the scheme of things. Add to that you would never see properly that far due to haze and moisture. You could fly over lots of landmass in Antarctica, look over at the horizon and still not see this rumoured ice wall. If this is what your belief in the globe theory hinges on I suggest you keep looking for better answers if you don't like the flat one.

As for how close you have to get to see the edge? Well the flat earth says the sun acts like a spotlight. That means the edge would fall outside its light and look like this

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:28 PM »
At 35000ft the horizon is only at most ~360km which is not that far in the scheme of things.
Sure, if Earth was round.
If Earth is flat, the horizon should be the edge.

As for how close you have to get to see the edge? Well the flat earth says the sun acts like a spotlight. That means the edge would fall outside its light and look like this
Yet no magic region of darkness is seen either.
Also, that just means smart people will bring a light.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:43:19 PM by JackBlack »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:43:50 PM »
If you shine a light on a void, what will you see?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:49:59 PM »
If you shine a light on a flat disc, at the edge of the disc, you will see the edge. The void will make it even easier, as even a dim flashlight should be enough to make the edge of Earth distinct from the void.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:45:38 AM »

Gods.

rvlvr

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 12:58:26 AM »
I believe bacon is the closest to God one can get.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:19 AM »
I believe bacon is the closest to God one can get.

I can think of one cult that disagrees.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 06:17:12 AM »
"I am new to this site, but I see one flaw..."

Construct straw man.

Destroy straw man.

Yay!!!

Norhing against you personally, but this is the 15th time this week to see this format.

Fun for you, fun for us, fun for all!

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 09:26:45 AM »
HA i love it.... well as to reply

The actual flight wasn't exceedingly high only about 10k feet. It gives you a great view of the landmass and coast lines. I actually had the privilege of speaking with a few scientists that have explored quite a bit of the landmass personally and they never mentioned anything about seeing a giant ice wall or a giant black void anywhere. Ive flown on low altitude flights as well in the states just up a couple thousand feet or so for short hops or connecting flights to a larger airline.

From personal experience i can tell you at just a couple thousand feet high you can see the Appalachian mountains quite soon after takeoff from Texas... if i were to guess i would say at least a couple hundred miles away from low altitude even with pollution and atmospheric distortion, so it would seem to me that something as endless as this void at the edge of the world should be quite visible given the lack of pollution or major atmospheric distortion that far south... unless the edge of the world is thousands of miles of frozen waste between the rest of the world and the void?

Junker

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 03:11:37 PM »
... i have to say this is some of the most entertaining content i have ever read on the entire internet .... ever LOL!!

Are you 12?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »
... i have to say this is some of the most entertaining content i have ever read on the entire internet .... ever LOL!!

Are you 12?

So what if he is? Are you making a proposition?

Know your place

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 09:26:05 AM »
There can be two poles and the world can still be flat.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 03:24:04 PM »

But as every astronomer on the planet knows its spherical.
Show everyone on this site one reputable astronomer who thinks the world is flat?
Sorry...did you mean to say the world is fat? if that was the case then I'm inclined to agree.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 03:31:28 PM »

Show everyone on this site one reputable astronomer who thinks the world is flat?
Sorry...did you mean to say the world is fat? if that was the case then I'm inclined to agree.
Assertion, no evidence.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 04:26:32 PM »

Assertion, no evidence.

Agree, no evidence.

JackBlack

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 04:57:52 PM »
Not with them always being 180 degrees apart.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »
Not with them always being 180 degrees apart.
You know full well that's not true. DET exists.

JackBlack

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 05:37:02 PM »
No, I know full well it is true.
DE does not exist other than in your mind, and it doesn't have a flat Earth.
It has 2 separate objects joined by magic.
The join between the discs means it isn't flat.

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 02:44:49 AM »
The common AE FE has accepted critiques that cannot be solved because this model is not valid. (The globe model is helpless by the way).  But their idea of flatness of the earth is superb.
So I proposed South Pole Centered FE Model.
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 03:34:36 AM »
The common AE FE has accepted critiques that cannot be solved because this model is not valid. (The globe model is helpless by the way).  But their idea of flatness of the earth is superb.
Fine, as long as all distances are correct.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 03:52:55 AM »
Don't the exact same critiques exist independent of which pole is at the center?
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 04:56:02 AM »
No, I know full well it is true.
DE does not exist other than in your mind, and it doesn't have a flat Earth.
It has 2 separate objects joined by magic.
The join between the discs means it isn't flat.

Again, you are outright lying.

It's pathetic at this stage. You know that nothing you say is true, but you don't care because people are going to believe you regardless. Roundie playbook 101.

Danang

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 07:28:12 AM »
Fine, as long as all distances are correct.

A homework for cartographers. (If they please).

Skip textbooks for a while and go to living realities.

Danang

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »
Don't the exact same critiques exist independent of which pole is at the center?

South centered FE is welcome for critiques. So far so good.

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 08:36:36 AM »

Okay, I'm confused.  What critiques did a north centered map fail that pass with a south centered version?

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

JackBlack

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »
The common AE FE has accepted critiques that cannot be solved because this model is not valid.
No FE model is valid.
Your model is no better, it just shifts the problems around.

The globe model is helpless by the way
It doesn't need help. It has withstood the test of time with no one finding any significant problem with it.

Which just shifts the problems around.
Instead of the south pole being the problem as it is for the more common FE models, the north pole is a problem for you.

No.
So far it has failed repeatedly.
It cannot explain the Arctic midnight sun.
It cannot explain why Polaris is due north of everyone.
Or more generally, it cannot explain why there are 2 poles, always 180 degrees apart.
It cannot explain distances and flight durations and routes near the north pole.
Everywhere the NP centred one fails, your model just fails at the other pole.

JackBlack

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 11:51:10 AM »
Again, you are outright lying.
It's pathetic at this stage. You know that nothing you say is true, but you don't care because people are going to believe you regardless. Roundie playbook 101.
There you go projecting again.
You have provided no evidence to indicate your DE model exists as part of reality, as such I am being quite honest when I say it just exists in your mind.
But more importantly, it has 2 separate flat discs. This means the entirety of Earth is not flat.
At best, if you have 2 perfectly flat discs, the join between them represents the curvature, but that doesn't even match reality.

The simple fact is, on any flat surface you can construct a triangle, anywhere on the surface, and it will have an angle sum of 180 degrees.
This even applies to mathematically "flat" surfaces like the surface of an infinitely long cylinder.
But as soon as the surface is mathematically curved, this is no longer true and the angle sum deviates from 180 degrees.

Which applies for Earth?
Well, as the 2 poles are always 180 degrees apart (and there are sub-polar points, i.e. points on the surface of Earth below the poles):
You have one line, directly connecting the 2 poles.
You then have a point, somewhere else (the exact location is irrelevant, as long as it isn't on the earlier line).
Now, you add 2 more lines, connecting this point to either pole.
As it is not on the pole the angle at each pole will be >0.
The angle at this point will be 180 degrees.
This means the angle sum of the triangle will be 180 degrees plus 2 angles greater than 0, making the angle sum greater than 180 degrees.
That means it isn't flat.

The only FE model (i.e. a model which has a single flat Earth) I know of that has 2 poles is the bi-polar FE model.
In this model, the poles are not always 180 degrees apart.

So no, I know that what I am saying is true.

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »

Assertion, no evidence.

That's not true, it has been evidenced by every person and machine that have ever took a photograph from space.