Sailing from New Zealand to Argentina

• 64 Replies
Sailing from New Zealand to Argentina
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:49:03 AM »
Ok, I can sail from New Zealand to Argentina. It is approx 5800 miles. How does that work on the flat earth map?
Please don't tell me the ship used jet streams.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Sailing from New Zealand to Argentina
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 10:27:44 AM »
Do you really believe you can do this?  ;D This is really should be a joke, please, come on, tell me that this is a joke. You can never, ever and never achieve this.

If you look our "technical" flat earth map, we'll see that there is more than 20.000 kms. I did not calculate but you can do if you want.If you choose constantly go west, so it takes about 25.000 kms; if you don't lose the path.

I can clearly say thatif you try this, we'll can not talk with you again.

Perhaps, your belief on NASA will cause your die.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:41:48 AM »
While you start to travel, prove your place and date and time with a video, and send it in same day. Then we'll start to chronometre. Get and send videos in travel to prove your location rarely but sometimes. After about 3 month, (I agree you pass 200kms per day) if you still alive, send your last video from Argentina. Then we'll calculate the average distance all together.

If it really 5.000 something kilometres, you may travel inside 1 month. (perhaps two or three weeks). But if the earth is flat, you can't pass this distance shorter than 2 months. So on the point of being between 1 month to 2 month as draw; I bet you can't arrive before 2 months for 0.00000173฿

This is not a lot but has a symbolic meaning for us.  8)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 10:42:23 AM »
It’s ok to ignore his stupid map. Everyone else does.

Since you are from New Zealand, can you confirm the Southern Cross is due south from your location?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:51:06 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »

Only idiots do. This is a type of flat earth map that you can measure distances basicly. Here everybody is not idiot, oppositely you. If you are sincere the shape of the earth, go do bet.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »
Ok, I can sail from New Zealand to Argentina. It is approx 5800 miles. How does that work on the flat earth map?
There are cruises from Australia to South America.  Last year the Sea Princess had a couple of cruises that went from Brisbane to South America and the other way around. 

There are also world cruises that circumnavigate the globe.  The one from Princess Cruises starts and ends in Australia.  It takes 106 days with 40 ports of call. 

There are cruises from Cape Town to ports in South America ending up in Los Angeles.

These are cruises anyone can take.  They can't be dismissed by mr. dome.

IMHO, that wouldn’t be possible on a flat earth.  At least not in the time lines they run in.  The Brotherhood’s map is all wrong.

Mike
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:15:05 AM by MicroBeta »
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 11:34:09 AM »
I doubt you can sail a fucking boat in your fucking bathtub...

Who the fuck creates a fucking account on a flat earth web site and their very first post claims they cannot only sail a fucking boat from New Zealand to Argentina (some of the roughest fucking seas known to humanity) but then only provides an approximate fucking mileage...

Why don't you take a long walk on a short pier...

LMMFAO!!!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
There are cruises from Australia to South America.  Last year the Sea Princess had a couple of cruises that went from Brisbane to South America and the other way around. 

There are also world cruises that circumnavigate the globe.  The one from Princess Cruises starts and ends in Australia.  It takes 106 days with 40 ports of call. 

There are cruises from Cape Town to ports in South America ending up in Los Angeles.

IMHO, that wouldn’t be possible on a flat earth.  At least not in the time lines they run in.  The Brotherhood’s map is all wrong.

Mike

It is possible if you run just 235 kms for per day, 25.000 kms in 106 days. This overlaps with flat map. But if it really goes with 106 days, so 5800miles/106= 55 miles/day. If this ship runs 10 hour per day, it means 5 miles/per hour. Isn't it very few? Or do you think ocean winds are running from opposite route.

I already calculated according to flat earth map it takes at least 2 and possible 3 months. And you say there is a sheduled travel takes 3,3 months. What is the different?

The earth still is flat. But your claim may kill him. I know I know, it is not important him live or dead, thats the important thing for you only prove the earth is round. But if you are wrong and if he will die, will not you  feel remorse? Do not you have a heart? What kind of a cruel, brutal, monster man are you?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »

Mike

It is possible if you run just 235 kms for per day, 25.000 kms in 106 days. This overlaps with flat map. But if it really goes with 106 days, so 5800miles/106= 55 miles/day. If this ship runs 10 hour per day, it means 5 miles/per hour. Isn't it very few? Or do you think ocean winds are running from opposite route.

I already calculated according to flat earth map it takes at least 2 and possible 3 months. And you say there is a sheduled travel takes 3,3 months. What is the different?
Where does 25,000 km come from and why did you use it at the length of the route of the cruise ship? 

The cruise itinerary is in the link below.  See if that fits you map.  Pay particular attention to the final leg from South America back to Australia.

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=C814A

Based on your map what is the circumference at the southern latitudes.

The earth still is flat. But your claim may kill him. I know I know, it is not important him live or dead, thats the important thing for you only prove the earth is round. But if you are wrong and if he will die, will not you  feel remorse? Do not you have a heart? What kind of a cruel, brutal, monster man are you?

I am not killing anyone for having an opinion so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

?

ER22

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 02:27:14 PM »

Only idiots do. This is a type of flat earth map that you can measure distances basicly. Here everybody is not idiot, oppositely you. If you are sincere the shape of the earth, go do bet.

What map are you guys talking about?
All I saw was a grid with a bunch of dots with names.
I could be wrong but I don't think this constitutes a map.
Show me a Flat Earth map that works.

?

ER22

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 02:42:09 PM »

If you could fly direct from New Zealand to Argentina, the distance would be about 5,800 miles.
Don't think you can sail there in that distance, cause Chile is in the way.
What were you trying to accomplish with BS?
Show me a Flat Earth map that works.

?

frenat

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 03:42:39 PM »
Do you really believe you can do this?  ;D This is really should be a joke, please, come on, tell me that this is a joke. You can never, ever and never achieve this.

If you look our "technical" flat earth map, we'll see that there is more than 20.000 kms. I did not calculate but you can do if you want.If you choose constantly go west, so it takes about 25.000 kms; if you don't lose the path.

Or your map is wrong.  Since you just ignored flights that don't fit and you didn't bother to see if anything works better with a shape other than flat you've clearly shown your bias.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 12:48:13 AM »
Air new zealand 11hrs 30min. Auckland to Buenos Aires.

rvlvr

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:04 AM »
Impossibru.

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 02:59:36 AM »
Emirates flies from Dubai to Auckland.  About 17 hours and ≈14000 km.

Mike

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 06:36:48 AM »
Nope. Lie. Prove it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 12:30:10 PM »
Nope. Lie. Prove it.

Yeah, prove it to Wise.

Please note that you must do this without using any evidence as evidence would show the world is round. You must also fly the route yourself both directions filming non-stop video*. Anything that proves the world is round is a lie and exposes you as a NASA schill.

* Photographic evidence is not admissable as evidence, unless it proves the world is flat.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 01:52:40 PM »

And I know that the West to East distances measured off the Gleason's map are wrong in Australia.
I know because I live here and have measured many of them.
I've done quite a bit of measurement around Australia and the East-West distances certainly do not agree with the usual North Pole centred map.
All cars and rulers are part of the conspiracy « Message by rabinoz on January 16, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »
And another shorter almost East-West distance:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Just a few weeks back I drove 333 km (on the car oddo) from here to Miles, Queensland, almost due west of here.
The longitude of Miles is about 150.2° E and the longitude here is about 153.0° E, the difference is 2.855° so even the road distance is only 117 km/deg.
But on that usual flat-earth map the straight line distance would be about 174 km/deg or a total of 498 km.

No great accuracy is needed to prove that the Ice-Wall map "makes no sense at all compared to reality".

You do not live here and you have never measured any of them so either justtify your claim that "This is a type of flat earth map that you can measure distances, basically".

If you cannot do that then admit that your claim is not justified.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »
Nope. Lie. Prove it.
Who lies, the airline, why don't you contact them?  Do you ever discuss your ideas outside this forum with eg. GPS designers, airlines etc.?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 02:11:41 PM »
His second and last post.

I have strongly warned them:

One year and 5 months have been passed. He is still not around. What does that mean you think? I think he has been enlighten, but too late!
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »

And I know that the West to East distances measured off the Gleason's map are wrong in Australia.
I've done quite a bit of measurement around Australia and the East-West distances certainly do not agree with the usual North Pole centred map.
All cars and rulers are part of the conspiracy « Message by rabinoz on January 16, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Just a few weeks back I drove 333 km (on the car oddo) from here to Miles, Queensland, almost due west of here.
The longitude of Miles is about 150.2° E and the longitude here is about 153.0° E, the difference is 2.855° so even the road distance is only 117 km/deg.
But on that usual flat-earth map the straight line distance would be about 174 km/deg or a total of 498 km.

No great accuracy is needed to prove that the Ice-Wall map "makes no sense at all compared to reality".

You do not live here and you have never measured any of them so either justtify your claim that "This is a type of flat earth map that you can measure distances, basically".

Neither Google Maps nor any other WGS-84-based mapping system uses Latitude and Longitude to measure distances. See: https://wiki.tfes.org/World_Geodetic_System_1984

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »
He has perhaps tried it past summer. I have forgot this thread. Thanks to remind.

Angry globulards have caused an innocent sailor being missing. I hope they have some responsibility and they won't repeat it. They have openly sent him to die, only because they were defending their baseless lies those caused an innocent to missing. Shame on you mister killers.  :'(
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 02:22:49 PM »

Neither Google Maps nor any other WGS-84-based mapping system uses Latitude and Longitude to measure distances. See: https://wiki.tfes.org/World_Geodetic_System_1984
If you can provide details of how you would map the earth we might make some progress.  Until then the WGS-84 model is accurate.

Where are the these smaller flat maps?  Mapping in the real world today now uses GPS and WGS-84.

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 02:23:44 PM »
He has perhaps tried it past summer. I have forgot this thread. Thanks to remind.

Angry globulards have caused an innocent sailor being missing. I hope they have some responsibility and they won't repeat it. They have openly sent him to die, only because they were defending their baseless lies those caused an innocent to missing. Shame on you mister killers.  :'(
Details please.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »

If you can provide details of how you would map the earth we might make some progress.  Until then the WGS-84 model is accurate.

Where are the these smaller flat maps?  Mapping in the real world today now uses GPS and WGS-84.

WGS-84 uses small flat maps, not a globe. See https://wiki.tfes.org/World_Geodetic_System_1984

You are right, those small flat maps stand as correct. Until you can show a globe model, we can progress.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 02:34:47 PM »
So they have flat maps of the earth? Why don't you?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2019, 02:48:04 PM »

Sure it does. I think the Google Map Developer site may be more authoritative than the TFES wiki when it comes to their map system:

Specifying Locations

The Maps Static API must be able to precisely identify locations on the map, both to focus the map at the correct location (using the center parameter) and/or to place any optional placemarks (using the markers parameter) at locations on the map. The Maps Static API uses numbers (latitude and longitude values) or strings (addresses) to specify these locations. These values identify a geocoded location.

Several parameters (such as the markers and path parameters) take multiple locations. In those cases, the locations are separated by the pipe (|) character.
Latitudes and Longitudes

Latitudes and longitudes are defined using numerals within a comma-separated text string that have a precision to 6 decimal places. For example, "40.714728,-73.998672" is a valid geocode value. Precision beyond the 6 decimal places is ignored.

Longitude values are based on their distance from Greenwich, England, home of the prime meridian. Since Greenwich is situated at 51.477222 latitude, we can enter a center value of 51.477222,0 to center the map on Greenwich:

Greenwich, England

Latitude and longitude values must correspond to a valid location on the face of the earth. Latitudes can take any value between -90 and 90 while longitude values can take any value between -180 and 180. If you specify an invalid latitude or longitude value, your request will be rejected as a bad request.

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/maps-static/dev-guide

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 02:51:00 PM »
Actually, it says that Latitude and Longitude are not used in Web Mercator (which Google Maps is based on).

https://wiki.tfes.org/World_Geodetic_System_1984

From the Earth is Not Round! article we read:

“ Geographic coordinates use latitude and longitude values to define positions on the 3D surface of the earth, which is of course, best modeled as an ellipsoid, not a sphere.

Latitude and Longitude are useless for measuring distance and area because the unit of length, degrees, is not held constant for longitude, except along parallels -- individual perfectly east-west lines.

Web Mercator's [web based WGS84] significant weakness is that measurements of distance and area in its native coordinates are completely unusable.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:52:59 PM by Tom Bishop »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
Actually, it says that Latitude and Longitude are not used in Web Mercator (which Google Maps is based on).

https://wiki.tfes.org/World_Geodetic_System_1984

From the Earth is Not Round! article we read:

“ Geographic coordinates use latitude and longitude values to define positions on the 3D surface of the earth, which is of course, best modeled as an ellipsoid, not a sphere.

Latitude and Longitude are useless for measuring distance and area because the unit of length, degrees, is not held constant for longitude, except along parallels -- individual perfectly east-west lines.

Web Mercator's [web based WGS84] significant weakness is that measurements of distance and area in its native coordinates are completely unusable.

Umm, again, I would take Google's idea as to how their map system works over a TFES wiki entry. And if you mean this Mercator projection Google is based on, do you mean this one:

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »
Umm, again, I would take Google's idea as to how their map system works over a TFES wiki entry.

The source of the article in question is not a tfes wiki entry. We didn't write those words. The Utah Automated Geographic Reference Center did.

Why should we believe your interpretation of Google maps and how latitude and longitude works and are converted in that system over the Utah Automated Geographic Reference Center?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:03:58 PM by Tom Bishop »