Is only Earth flat?

• 50 Replies

Tessa Yuri

• The shortest distance between two points is a lie.
Re: Is only Earth flat?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 01:05:30 AM »
So your study of string theory has lead you to the conclusion the earth is flat despite simple observations that prove otherwise. Could you share your incorrect calculations, or like so many around here, is it stuff you just made up.
These aren't my calculations, correct or otherwise. These are studied areas of string theory and science, like the holographic principle, which by this point I've explained to death in other threads.

If you do not have an understanding of my position or of the fields of science we are discussing here, please refrain from using the terms 'incorrect' and 'stuff you just made up' without evidence and citation.
Tessa believes in the scientific method.
Yuri believes the Earth is a flat disk.
     _________              _________         _________
.<`X######I---I|    |I[][][][][][][][]I|     |I[][][][][][][][]I|
-=o--o====o--o=-=o-o====o-o=-=o-o====o-o=

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 01:27:54 AM »
So your study of string theory has lead you to the conclusion the earth is flat despite simple observations that prove otherwise. Could you share your incorrect calculations, or like so many around here, is it stuff you just made up.
These aren't my calculations, correct or otherwise. These are studied areas of string theory and science, like the holographic principle, which by this point I've explained to death in other threads.

If you do not have an understanding of my position or of the fields of science we are discussing here, please refrain from using the terms 'incorrect' and 'stuff you just made up' without evidence and citation.

But I could disprove all the nonsense you write about things you don’t understand using a couple of sticks, a friend a known distance away, a ruler and a mobile phone.
What people like you do is invoke complex areas of science that you know nothing about using it as a cloak of confusion while at the same time conveniently ignoring reality in favour of your delusional thoughts that ‘require no proof’.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 01:33:39 AM »
I could disprove all the nonsense you write about things you don’t understand using a couple of sticks, a friend a known distance away, a ruler and a mobile phone.
Please; use a couple of sticks, a friend a known distance away, a ruler, and a mobile phone to disprove string theory.

What people like you do is invoke complex areas of science that you know nothing about using it as a cloak of confusion while at the same time conveniently ignoring reality in favour of your delusional thoughts that ‘require no proof’.
Again, just because you are confused doesn't mean the arguments are wrong and a deliberate "cloak of confusion".

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 01:50:34 AM »
I could disprove all the nonsense you write about things you don’t understand using a couple of sticks, a friend a known distance away, a ruler and a mobile phone.
Please; use a couple of sticks, a friend a known distance away, a ruler, and a mobile phone to disprove string theory.

Again, just because you are confused doesn't mean the arguments are wrong and a deliberate "cloak of confusion".

‘Show me where string theory proves a flat earth’
The sticks etc is not to disprove string theory, but to demonstrate we live on a sphere! Did you bunk off school the day they did trig, or where you too immersed in string theory. Where did you study it by the way? Or are you a student of the university of Wikipedia.

I’m not confused just bewildered that you imagine you think you understand string theory, and think it proves the earth is flat. I think the people on the ISS May have something to say about that.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 01:57:37 AM »
Search "The Holographic Principle" or "The Information Paradox". Or, y'know, actually click on the links I keep sending you. Or, y'know, actually read the threads you keep posting in.

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 02:03:15 AM »
Search "The Holographic Principle" or "The Information Paradox". Or, y'know, actually click on the links I keep sending you. Or, y'know, actually read the threads you keep posting in.

Why don’t you just look up ISS, watch the live stream, then go and look at Starmans live stream. Once your finished that go into you local university, go to the astronomy dept and ask them what they think regarding the shape of the earth.

The problem with you is you read about stuff you don’t really understand and then try to apply it to situations like the shape of the earth, and you imagine you’re being clever!
The shape of the earth is not a paradox, it’s the same as the moon, Venus, Mars and even Uranus! A sphere,

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2018, 02:06:49 AM »

Why don’t you just look up ISS, watch the live stream, then go and look at Starmans live stream. Once your finished that go into you local university, go to the astronomy dept and ask them what they think regarding the shape of the earth.
If you are going to continue to blatantly ignore the links and evidence and arguments I keep sending you, then an intellectually honest, rational, and productive conversation is impossible. Until you respond to the arguments I am making rather than deflecting or presenting strawman arguments, this conversation is over.

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 02:10:50 AM »

If you are going to continue to blatantly ignore the links and evidence and arguments I keep sending you, then an intellectually honest, rational, and productive conversation is impossible. Until you respond to the arguments I am making rather than deflecting or presenting strawman arguments, this conversation is over.

Your links are not evidence. You ignore all the evidence I’ve provided.
As I said why don’t you pop into your local university and ask them. All you have to loose is learning the truth.

Also what is it about you links that you imagine prove a flat earth,....in your own words please.

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 02:43:33 AM »

You read things on string theory and the holographic universe, fine. To be honest I know enough about each to fill an area of an average postage stamp.
The people, or physicists, who came up with these ideas, do you think they know their subject area, do you think they can be believed?
If you went up to any string theorist on the planet and asked them, ‘is the earth a sphere or flat’ what do you imagine their answer would be? You like science? What response would you get to the same question if you asked every astronomer on the planet?

Any physicist who claimed the earth was flat would be laughed out of town. That’s why all FE supporters are either just plain mad or delusional in some way. Find me any university course on the planet that teaches the earth is flat.....why is this the case?

Post a link to just one reputable physicist or string theorist who holds a chair at any university on the planet who supports your view of a non spherical flat earth. The same goes for astronomer. Are you not seeing some kind of pattern developing? All the scientific evidence a available  proves the earth is a sphere. You read a piece on the web about the holographic principle, not really understanding it, and you imagine the conclusions you draw from your interpretation form a proof! Dream on.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:45:26 AM by Lonegranger »

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2018, 02:53:48 AM »
Post a link to just one reputable physicist or string theorist who holds a chair at any university on the planet who supports your view of a non spherical flat earth.
Professor Kostas Skenderis, University of Southhampton
"Imagine that everything you see, feel and hear in three dimensions (and your perception of time) in fact emanates from a flat two-dimensional field. The idea is similar to that of ordinary holograms where a three-dimensional image is encoded in a two-dimensional surface, such as in the hologram on a credit card. However, this time, the entire universe is encoded." (Link to article. You can also verify he said this by watching his hour-long lecture on the topic, reading his many scientific papers on the topic, and backtracing the quote)

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 03:27:25 AM »

You read things on string theory and the holographic universe, fine. To be honest I know enough about each to fill an area of an average postage stamp.
The people, or physicists, who came up with these ideas, do you think they know their subject area, do you think they can be believed?
If you went up to any string theorist on the planet and asked them, ‘is the earth a sphere or flat’ what do you imagine their answer would be? You like science? What response would you get to the same question if you asked every astronomer on the planet?

Any physicist who claimed the earth was flat would be laughed out of town. That’s why all FE supporters are either just plain mad or delusional in some way. Find me any university course on the planet that teaches the earth is flat.....why is this the case?

Post a link to just one reputable physicist or string theorist who holds a chair at any university on the planet who supports your view of a non spherical flat earth. The same goes for astronomer. Are you not seeing some kind of pattern developing? All the scientific evidence a available  proves the earth is a sphere. You read a piece on the web about the holographic principle, not really understanding it, and you imagine the conclusions you draw from your interpretation form a proof! Dream on.

I think Tessa is running a con here. He is trying to see how long he can use scientific theory to argue against scientific theory or he is using the flat earth debate to hone his knowledge of physics. Either way, he is trolling.

For arguments sake, though my knowledge is quite quite rudimentary, I would say still that if the Holographic Universe theory is true, the earth is still spherical as it is the whole universe that is 2D being projected into 3D. Within the 2D information of the universe, the earth is spherical. The earth is still not flat.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2018, 03:32:17 AM »
...or he is using the flat earth debate to hone his knowledge of physics.
I'm sorry you feel like being knowledgeable in physics is a bad thing.

For arguments sake, though my knowledge is quite quite rudimentary, I would say still that if the Holographic Universe theory is true, the earth is still spherical as it is the whole universe that is 2D being projected into 3D. Within the 2D information of the universe, the earth is spherical. The earth is still not flat.
This comes down to what you are defining as the actual Earth; the information, or the projection of that information.
The information is ultimately in 2D space, so if the 'actual Earth' is the information which describes and encodes everything on that Earth, as well as the energy and material that Earth is projected with, then it is ultimately on a flat 2D surface.

If the projection of the information is the 'actual Earth', then the Earth is round. But I have many issues with taking a projection as actuality.

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2018, 03:41:16 AM »
...or he is using the flat earth debate to hone his knowledge of physics.
I'm sorry you feel like being knowledgeable in physics is a bad thing.

Never said so. Don't feel so.

This comes down to what you are defining as the actual Earth; the information, or the projection of that information.
The information is ultimately in 2D space, so if the 'actual Earth' is the information which describes and encodes everything on that Earth, as well as the energy and material that Earth is projected with, then it is ultimately on a flat 2D surface.

If the projection of the information is the 'actual Earth', then the Earth is round. But I have many issues with taking a projection as actuality.

If the Holographic Universe theory is correct, we are all 3D projections of information encoded in 2D. In that encoding, the earth is spherical. Not flat. If. IF.
Holographic or not, the earth still remains spherical. It still rotates around a spherical sun. It still has a spherical moon in orbit. The great red spot is still on a spherical Jupiter.

Good luck with the troll.

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2018, 03:49:20 AM »
If the Holographic Universe theory is correct, we are all 3D projections of information encoded in 2D. In that encoding, the earth is spherical.

We don't know that. It could simply be an emergent property.

There's no way to prove the information specifically encodes a spherical shape, and that it's not just a random result of the laws of physics.

Can you prove the information specifically encodes a 3D sphere?

Also, we too are encoded on this surface. You're claiming that it encodes a 3D sphere, but that implies that the projection is more important than the information itself. Why is our subjective perception of the projection we inhabit a more valid indicator of curvature than a scientific explanation of the nature of space and objects?

Why does us seeing the Earth as round make it so?

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2018, 03:59:01 AM »

Yes, its (should be it's for "it is) so frustrating that none of their opinions go beyond, (missed comma) "I'm right, you're wrong, shut up (missed punctuation)" whenever anyone asks an intelligent question.  Another behavioral trait I've noticed, FE supporters written speech (there is no such thing as written speech on this forum) skills seem to be sub-par. Grammar, spelling, general coherence, it seems to be lost on them.

I really would just like an answer as to why they believe these things that are so obviously counter to know (should be "known")scientific principles.
I have taken the time to highlight some errors (and appropriate corrections) in your writing, since you expressed such disregard for lack of skill on the part of others.

You have a great deal of nerve engaging any flat earther about their[/b][/size]writing skills!

Since you are a noob, I will keep this somewhat simple for you: Why don't you go take a long walk on a short pier?

rvlvr

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2018, 04:15:48 AM »
Hm, I've always thought it is "off a long pier", but "on a long pier" makes more sense.

Hm, I've always thought it is "off a short pier", but "on a short pier" makes more sense.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:27:40 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2018, 04:25:11 AM »
Hm, I've always thought it is "off a long pier", but "on a long pier" makes more sense.
I did not write, "long pier."

I wrote, "short pier."

rvlvr

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2018, 04:27:04 AM »
I did not write, "long pier."

I wrote, "short pier."
Well I'll be. My bad completely, man! I'll edit my post.

Macarios

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 05:56:35 AM »
If the Holographic Universe theory is correct, we are all 3D projections of information encoded in 2D. In that encoding, the earth is spherical.

We don't know that. It could simply be an emergent property.

There's no way to prove the information specifically encodes a spherical shape, and that it's not just a random result of the laws of physics.

Can you prove the information specifically encodes a 3D sphere?

Also, we too are encoded on this surface. You're claiming that it encodes a 3D sphere, but that implies that the projection is more important than the information itself. Why is our subjective perception of the projection we inhabit a more valid indicator of curvature than a scientific explanation of the nature of space and objects?

Why does us seeing the Earth as round make it so?

First of all, they speculate about "3D info about Space encoded in its 2D boundaries".
For that we would have to have those boundaries.

Second, holographic projection can's be manipulated at the point of projection, it can be manipulated only at the origin.

Third, some hundred years ago they speculated about ether too, but later it was proven that there is no ether.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 08:52:39 AM »
I'm curious, if the Earth is flat, what are the rest of the planets like?

In my view, the other planets have the same physical properties as Earth i.e. they appear and behave spherical but are flat. This is also true of stars, asteroids, and ping-pong balls.

How do you know about the other planets? What source of information do you rely on, have you actually seen either Neptune or Uranus? Please enlighten.

You haven't seen Uranus yet?

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »
Post a link to just one reputable physicist or string theorist who holds a chair at any university on the planet who supports your view of a non spherical flat earth.
Professor Kostas Skenderis, University of Southhampton
"Imagine that everything you see, feel and hear in three dimensions (and your perception of time) in fact emanates from a flat two-dimensional field. The idea is similar to that of ordinary holograms where a three-dimensional image is encoded in a two-dimensional surface, such as in the hologram on a credit card. However, this time, the entire universe is encoded." (Link to article. You can also verify he said this by watching his hour-long lecture on the topic, reading his many scientific papers on the topic, and backtracing the quote)

Yes but where does he say the earth is flat, or to put it another way, perceived by our senses to be flat. You have an e-mail address on the link, so why don’t you contact him and ask the question. Does he think the earth is flat, and post both your question and his response.
What I feel the problem here is partly one of interpretation and also of cherry picking. If you are trying to use science to prove a point what about this for example by the same author. In this abstract he takes of 4 dimensions rather than 2, are we to then conclude the earth is 4 dimensional? Now the same author appears to be a fan of both Einstein and gravity. I believe you cast doubt on gravity in an earlier post, what do you feel about that, if all what you say is based on a principal you don’t hold with?

We propose a holographic description of four-dimensional single-scalar inflationary We propose a holographic description of four-dimensional single-scalar inflationary universes, and show how cosmological observables, such as the primordial power spectrum, are encoded in the correlation functions of a three-dimensional quantum field theory (QFT). The holographic description correctly reproduces standard inflationary predictions in the regime where a perturbative quantization of fluctuations is justified. In the opposite regime, wherein gravity is strongly coupled at early times, we propose a holographic description in terms of perturbative large N QFT. Initiating a holographic phenomenological approach, we show that models containing only two parameters, N and a dimensionful coupling constant, are capable of satisfying the current observational constraints., and show how cosmological observables, such as the primordial power spectrum, are encoded in the correlation functions of a three-dimensional quantum field theory (QFT). The holographic description correctly reproduces standard inflationary predictions in the regime where a perturbative quantization of fluctuations is justified. In the opposite regime, wherein gravity is strongly coupled at early times, we propose a holographic description in terms of perturbative large N QFT. Initiating a holographic phenomenological approach, we show that models containing only two parameters, N and a dimensionful coupling constant, are capable of satisfying the current observational constraints.

The problem is if you read this paper how much would you honestly  understand? I think very little. Your a cherry picker, skimming of phrases and trying to distort them to support some belief you may have.