SpaceX: The Latest

• 360 Replies

Fild

Re: SpaceX: The Latest
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »
I see that when you are confronted with the real possibility of going straight to space to check for yourselves you chicken out !!!

Many of the people that made humanity progress put their skin in the game  ...  They crossed oceans, defied their peers, tested on themselves, but you are afraid of a 1 hour trip into LEO .......

So get your DSLR ( only Nikon please ) fly up there, take pictures and come back to show us what's the truth ....

If you were sincere and dedicated to finding the truth you would take the fight to another level.  I mean you are trying no less than save humanity  which has been deceived for centuries by such a disgusting conspiracy . So come on and save us please !

You are the self proclaimed paladins of the flat Earth faith, fighting the forces of evil , yet you can't get your ass of your chair.

You should be the one building rockets to go checkout, but no , it's so much easier for you to run around squeaking conspiracy, tweeting chicken crap ,editing shitty Youtube videos and babbling in some radio talk show ..........

I generally concider your posts are pretty cool but your Nikon thing is too much!
I prefer Sony myself, but photography is not about the kit, it’s about the person.
The badge on your camera these days is irrelevant.......apart from that you are spot on.

I meant the Nikon thing as a joke, dedicated to a very simple person on this forum that like to rant about Nikons  ^^
I fully agree with you, the eye is more important than the sensor !

Anyway the first commercial flight of the New Shepard suborbital crew capsule is supposed to take place in April 2019   ...  ( Maybe a bit later given the usual delays to make sure everything is perfect )

Leave us plenty of time to imagine our dream team of flatonauts !!!

Who do you think has the best potential to challenge our vision of the world and rewrite history ?

I would definitely put Eric Dubay on my list and maybe John Davis  ...

To anyone , who would you put on your roster ?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:23:23 PM by Fild »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #301 on: February 16, 2018, 04:51:12 PM »

Ha, at a glance it looked like 'roadster'.   :D

Fild

« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »

Ha, at a glance it looked like 'roadster'.   :D

;D

Like in Greek mythology. A form of eternal punishment ....
Condemned to orbit and cruise around the earth for a billion years while totally frozen ...

They wouldn't like it but it would be quite interesting to watch.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

....Anyway the first commercial flight of the New Shepard suborbital crew capsule is supposed to take place in April 2019   ...  ( Maybe a bit later given the usual delays to make sure everything is perfect )

Who do you think has the best potential to challenge our vision of the world and rewrite history ?

Nah...

I wouldn't want to watch the launch, and find myself hoping it explodes on the pad!

I mean, it's not like we need to prove the shape of the Earth to a handful of paranoid delusionals.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Macarios

« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »
Please have some sympathy for poor dutchy, these small minds just have to ridicule what they are incapable of understanding.
If i recall correctly you can't even explain or grasp a simple concept like gravity.
Papa Legba has showed you all four corners, so i won't stamp on someone allready on the ground.......

Papa Legba couldn't even understand gravity himself.
He couldn't understand inertia, he always tried to hide his misconceptions behind some irrelevant claims like "inertia is not a force", or such, as if anyone claimed that it was.
He couldn't understand vectors, he was trying to say that transversal acceleration would increase longitudinal speed.
He avoided two most simple questions that even pupil from mid school would be able to answer:
1. Are there gaps between molecules of a rope? (about tethering with or without "physical object" or force field)
2. Would inertia try to oppose transversal acceleration that would curve trajectory? (by creating reaction at a trajectory of a satellite)
Papa Legba is still incapable of understanding the working principle of a rocket engine.

If that is how "Papa Legba has showed you all four corners" (or showed anyone any corner), then I have bad news for you.
Sorry.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2018, 10:45:37 PM »
Please have some sympathy for poor dutchy, these small minds just have to ridicule what they are incapable of understanding.
If i recall correctly you can't even explain or grasp a simple concept like gravity.
Papa Legba has showed you all four corners, so i won't stamp on someone allready on the ground.......
Stamp all you like! But if you think that "Papa Legba has showed" that I "can't even explain or grasp a simple concept like gravity",
just remember that Papa Legba thinks that gravity forces everything down, yet refuses to explain the simple diagram in the following post.
The rab doesn't think gravity forces things downwards:
Gravity does not force anything down! Look at this again.

Gravity not forcing the Physics Book down.

Gravity not forcing the Satellite in orbit down!

So gravity does not force things down but just applies a downward force to books on chairs and to satellites in orbit.
If you believe Papa Legba's physics, you have proven that you haven't any understanding yourself.
Papa Legba is nothing but a troll, who true to his name, Papa Legba, is here for no other purpose than to sow confusion.

But, if you want to believe him, let it be on your own head.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #306 on: February 17, 2018, 01:02:52 AM »
Stamp all you like! But if you think that "Papa Legba has showed" that I "can't even explain or grasp a simple concept like gravity",
just remember that Papa Legba thinks that gravity forces everything down, yet refuses to explain the simple diagram in the following post.
The rab doesn't think gravity forces things downwards:
Gravity does not force anything down! Look at this again.

Gravity not forcing the Physics Book down.

Gravity not forcing the Satellite in orbit down!

So gravity does not force things down but just applies a downward force to books on chairs and to satellites in orbit.
If you believe Papa Legba's physics, you have proven that you haven't any understanding yourself.
Papa Legba is nothing but a troll, who true to his name, Papa Legba, is here for no other purpose than to sow confusion.

But, if you want to believe him, let it be on your own head.

I have no idea why you keep gloating about your inability to distinguish the normal force from free fall...

Perhaps you are programmed to just repeat a thing until the opposition is so tired it gives up?

Yes, that seems likeliest.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:05:36 AM by Papa Legba »
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #307 on: February 17, 2018, 02:21:30 AM »
<< keep out of it >>
I was not talking to the Voodoo Puppet on a String.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #308 on: February 17, 2018, 02:24:54 AM »
<< keep out of it >>
I was not talking to the Voodoo Puppet on a String.

But you were talking about me.

And you were lying in doing so.

Why are you unable to distinguish between the normal force and free fall?

Is it a programming glitch?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #309 on: February 17, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
But you were talking about me.
And you were lying in doing so.
Prove I was lying!

Quote from: Papa Legba
Why are you unable to distinguish between the normal force and free fall?
Prove I am "unable to distinguish between the normal force and free fall!"

And prove that you a real human being and not just a puppet controlled by a very smart and devious puppeteer?
Mr Puppet Legba 

Poor Pathetic Papa controlled by his FE puppeteer.
Dance Papa, dance! Do your pathetic best to confuse and ridicule Globe supporters, while pretending to support it.

rvlvr

« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2018, 01:22:43 AM »
Why would nobodies like Eric Dubay or John Davis be ones to rewrite history? Nobody cares what they say. Get Dawkins or Tyson admit Earth is flat and you have some listeners.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:24:34 AM by rvlvr »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2018, 01:36:02 AM »
Do your pathetic best to confuse and ridicule Globe supporters, while pretending to support it.

Seems the rabbibot supports a football team called the Globe or something now...

This lot, perhaps?

http://www.grfc.org.uk/c.php?editid1=2&t=home

Still, it can't tell the difference between the normal force and free fall, so it is clearly mental.

rvlvr

« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2018, 02:05:27 AM »
This is somewhat old, but I thought it was a good read.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jan/20/flat-earth-believers-youtube-videos-conspiracy-theorists

So Dubay claims Adolf was a darling who was misrepresented by the Jews. You think that too, Jerry?

Fild

« Reply #313 on: February 18, 2018, 09:43:26 AM »

....Anyway the first commercial flight of the New Shepard suborbital crew capsule is supposed to take place in April 2019   ...  ( Maybe a bit later given the usual delays to make sure everything is perfect )

Nah...

I wouldn't want to watch the launch, and find myself hoping it explodes on the pad!

I mean, it's not like we need to prove the shape of the Earth to a handful of paranoid delusionals.

I used to think like you that the whole flat Earth thing was a small , benign population and a well of endless laughs .

But the more I get acquainted with the flat Earth theories the more disturbing it becomes .I believe it has definitely the potential to hurt some fragile people with a gullible and paranoiac mindset , (except maybe the ones that feed and thrive on the social stigma toward them )  .
How are you supposed to feel in the world when you believe that everyone around you is a brainwashed  sheep  and that everything you are told is a lie ??
I'm sure it has broken people by shattering the connection with their family and ended the trust toward their community ....
Moreover there are plenty of snake-oil salesman around that prey on fragile people to manipulate and influence them in order to sell books, seminars, counseling and other crap ....

The flat Earth theory is not a stand alone cabal but part of a wide web of bullshit formed with all the other conspiracy theories and it's probably the mother of all conspiracies...
So we all wonder how is it possible in our age of ubiquitous knowledge that such backward and deny-all trolls still roam this plane.
This idea of FE is so preposterous, it's probably a mental pathology in itself and it deserve more serious studies to help those poor souls get out of their parallel universe imaginarium !
When spelunking into the archives of this site from it's inception in 2005 you can see that every possible argument has been made in every possible form and yet we are still here trying to crack those nuts ..... This is pure madness !!!
We send all kinds of animals in space to study their reactions to zero G or radiations , so why not send a bunch of half donkey half human FE'rs chimeras?
Monitor what happens or do not happens in the brain of a hardcore FE'rs while he gaze trough the window. Use the momentum and build from there ....
Also would be interesting to know the reason to refuse such an opportunity at satisfying one's curiosity , there is no space you dummy ?, fear of hitting the dome ? fear of burning in the sun ? fear it's a simulation ? fear it's a CIA plot ?

In the end, modern conspiracy theories probably represents one of the last frontier of human ignorance .
And FE is peculiar in the way while it's the mother of all conspiracies but it's also possibly the easiest one to debunk with the state of the art tools ....
Inside their shiny aluminium armor they think no demonstration can reach them, but with such a blow we might be able to crack the tinfoil helmets ...

Disproving FE is not only about getting rid of the most absurd argument out there , but also to get an opportunity to expose all the other conspiracy theories orbiting around it and polluting the mind of so many people ....

It's way broader and deeper than just FE , it's a fight against obscurantism , it's a fight to defend the intricate achievements in science and arts produced by the sometimes marvelous human mind ....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:01:00 AM by Fild »

rvlvr

« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2018, 10:06:03 AM »
In the end, modern conspiracy theories probably represents one of the last frontier of human ignorance .
Agreed.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
Wonder how’s one was able to photograph the rocket from Arizona, 6 hours later.

https://petapixel.com/2018/02/17/photographer-accidentally-captures-spacex-falcon-heavy-exhaust-plume/
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2018, 12:50:34 PM »

https://petapixel.com/2018/02/17/photographer-accidentally-captures-spacex-falcon-heavy-exhaust-plume/

I thought Elon was all about stopping climate change etc. That's why he got into the electric cars business. Now he's using those profits to shit up the atmosphere with his Space X toys? What a dick.

I suppose its not surprising.... He thinks people should take a rocket ship for long haul flights too

https://www.fastcodesign.com/90144947/elon-musk-wants-to-replace-airplanes-with-rockets

So much for watching out for our carbon emissions.....

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crutchwater

« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2018, 01:12:20 PM »

I thought Elon was all about stopping climate change etc. That's why he got into the electric cars business. Now he's using those profits to shit up the atmosphere with his Space X toys? What a dick.

I suppose its not surprising.... He thinks people should take a rocket ship for long haul flights too

https://www.fastcodesign.com/90144947/elon-musk-wants-to-replace-airplanes-with-rockets

So much for watching out for our carbon emissions.....

"SpaceX emissions:
The Falcon 9 uses two propellants, liquid oxygen (O2, no carbon here) and Kerosene a petrol chemical containing between 6 and 16 carbon atoms per molecule.
The Falcon 9 burns through 29,600 gallons of highly refined kerosene during its trip to orbit. The vehicle takes about 12 trips to orbit a year so that's about 360,000 gallons of kerosene a year burned in spaceflight. That converts to 2,460,600 pounds of kerosene burnt in a year of Falcon 9 launches. Since I enjoy the metric system, that is 1,116,000 kg of kerosene. Kerosene produces approximately 2.6kg of CO2 per kg of Kerosene burned. Basic arithmetic says that the rocket produces 2,902,000 kg of carbon dioxide during a year of SpaceX activities. Global Carbon Emissions 2014 3.23 x 10^13 total from SpaceX 2.902 x 10^6. This means that SpaceX is responsible for 9 one billionths of annual carbon emissions. This is not a significant amount."

https://www.quora.com/When-Elon-Musk-launches-a-rocket-into-space-is-he-releasing-more-carbon-which-is-what-he-is-trying-to-reduce-through-electric-cars

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »
Carbon is not the only thing that destroys our atmosphere. (I use it because everyone uses it as a scale or sorts). Methane is much more devastating for example. Or NOX from planes is also much worse

Rocket launches as they become more frequent will start having a meaningful impact on our ozone layer so launching a car into space for shits and giggles is not a responsible use for a finite fuel resource

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

NAZA

« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2018, 01:42:23 PM »
Carbon is not the only thing that destroys our atmosphere. (I use it because everyone uses it as a scale or sorts). Methane is much more devastating for example. Or NOX from planes is also much worse

Rocket launches as they become more frequent will start having a meaningful impact on our ozone layer so launching a car into space for shits and giggles is not a responsible use for a finite fuel resource

Musk offered NASA and others a "free ride" on the Falcon Heavy but the refused.  Understandable considering the risk and cost of their payloads.
If not the Tesla roadster it would have launched with a concrete or steel payload for the test.

So no, it was not for shits and giggles it was for weight.

Don't be so jelly

Crutchwater

« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »

Methane is a hydrocarbon

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »

Methane is a hydrocarbon

And you are a paedo:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71550.msg1941932#msg1941932

The fact you are protected by the mods and admins proves this is a paedo forum.

Not debatable.

« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2018, 02:37:09 PM »

What do NOx emissions from airplane engines, which produce energy by combustion of hydrocarbons and the oxygen from air in the presence of nitrogen (which is about 80% of air) have to do rocket engines which use combustion of Kerosene (which is a hydrocarbon) and pure oxygen (but no nitrogen)?

Why bring methane into the conversation at all? Methane is not contained in rocket exhaust.

Rocket launches as they become more frequent will start having a meaningful impact on our ozone layer

Details, please...

so launching a car into space for shits and giggles is not a responsible use for a finite fuel resource

It was a test flight. If it wasn't the car, it would have been an inert mass. That car was more expensive than an inert mass, but it obviously worth the extra cost for the publicity it brought both Tesla and SpaceX. Consider all the electrons that have been spilled on this forum alone!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »

What do NOx emissions from airplane engines, which produce energy by combustion of hydrocarbons and the oxygen from air in the presence of nitrogen (which is about 80% of air) have to do rocket engines which use combustion of Kerosene (which is a hydrocarbon) and pure oxygen (but no nitrogen)?

Why bring methane into the conversation at all? Methane is not contained in rocket exhaust.

I was just saying that just because the emissions are not 'CO2' doesn't mean it's not harmful for our environment

Rocket launches as they become more frequent will start having a meaningful impact on our ozone layer

Details, please...

Depending on the type of fuel (for example solid) it uses chlorine which is devastating to Ozone, and kerosene exhaust forms nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide, both of which react with ozone in the atmosphere. Its not as bad as the space agencies solid fuel, but if Elon wants to send a million people to Mars in quick succession, the cumulative impact could mean that we will really need that extra planet to live on because we fudged this one up getting there

A rockets exhaust in the upper atmosphere where oxygen is less abundant can also form black carbon

so launching a car into space for shits and giggles is not a responsible use for a finite fuel resource

It was a test flight. If it wasn't the car, it would have been an inert mass. That car was more expensive than an inert mass, but it obviously worth the extra cost for the publicity it brought both Tesla and SpaceX. Consider all the electrons that have been spilled on this forum alone!

By the time we are done with all the 'tests' we will have no resources left for the real thing. In the same way the British brought convicts to colonise Australia, we should do the same to colonise Mars. Yes, boohoo, an isolated trip to Mars can hurt psychological fee fees. Do you think it was any easier for people who sailed the seas back in the day? People on those ships on year long voyages would have been even more alone than if you sent people to Mars

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #324 on: February 18, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »
Please dont act like you know anything about chemistry ever again.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #325 on: February 18, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »

What was your problem with what I said?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #326 on: February 18, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »

Methane is a hydrocarbon
Methane is also a rocket fuel, not a byproduct of combustion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raptor_%28rocket_engine_family%29
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #327 on: February 18, 2018, 04:35:17 PM »
By the time we are done with all the 'tests' we will have no resources left for the real thing. In the same way the British brought convicts to colonise Australia, we should do the same to colonise Mars. Yes, boohoo, an isolated trip to Mars can hurt psychological fee fees. Do you think it was any easier for people who sailed the seas back in the day? People on those ships on year long voyages would have been even more alone than if you sent people to Mars
Have you ever read anything on it or researched it.
Or do you, since you claim to be above the Archangels and just one rung below God, already know everything?
Here is a little review on the topic, Dirty Rockets, What's the environmental impact of going into space? By Nina Rastogi.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #328 on: February 18, 2018, 04:58:21 PM »

But testing is far more efficient way of getting things done than not testing.

Imagine if you built an untested mass produced car.
After the first 1000 come off the line you realise that the body work gets damaged if you drive too fast.
So you refund the 1000 customers, fix that one problem and start with the next 1000 cars, only to realise that after 30 000km, the gearbox gives issues. . . ext ext.

Same goes for everything out there. If you want to put people on the first untested flight of a new rocket, you need to be a North Korean Dictator or sociopath.

In addition to the fact that the equipment that go on these rockets are very often more expensive than the rockets. Losing an fully geared up rocket is far less efficient than testing 3 to ensure all things work as designed.

To use your analogy with the Australian convicts. Imagine if they where not sure if the boats could even sail. How much time, effort and fully trained crew would go lost every time they sent the ship on its way? Chances are they would never have gone at all this way.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #329 on: February 18, 2018, 05:04:40 PM »

What was your problem with what I said?

Not too much. It’s kind of weird to say kerosene exhaust creates NOx. Nitrogen shouldn’t  be found in kerosene.  NOx is obviously former from the nitrogen and oxygen in the air coming together while other combustion is taken place. And chlorine when in the molecule CFC can be dangerous to the ozone. I don’t really think rockets use it make that but maybe they do.

It’s more just you shouldn’t be talking about it.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER