SpaceX: The Latest

• 360 Replies
?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
Re: SpaceX: The Latest
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2018, 02:44:16 AM »
But it seems the video is repeated. So that is settled. Unless there are better explanations.
Incorrect:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74265.msg2023975#msg2023975
Incorrect! He asked for "better explanations" and you post the ramblings of a Demented Voodoo Priest.
Quite unacceptable.

More mad lying from the rabbibot...

When will it end?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2018, 04:23:08 AM »
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74265.msg2023975#msg2023975
Incorrect! He asked for "better explanations" and you post the ramblings of a Demented Voodoo Priest. Quite unacceptable.
When will it end?
It can never end, because I have not been lying, but when comes to our one and only Demented Voodoo Priest all bets are off!
With Mr Demented Voodoo Priest it's half-truths all the way!

;) ;) Here's a nice video for you to enjoy!  ;) ;)

How does SpaceX get these amazing camera shots?
Primal Space
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hope you like it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Has a nice day doing your obligatory Voodoo Rituals!

rvlvr

« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2018, 04:29:12 AM »
"We really have come a long way."

Exactly. Still, not everyone got on board.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2018, 05:18:09 AM »
Incorrect! He asked for "better explanations" and you post the ramblings of a Demented Voodoo Priest. Quite unacceptable.
When will it end?
It can never end, because I have not been lying, but when comes to our one and only Demented Voodoo Priest all bets are off!
With Mr Demented Voodoo Priest it's half-truths all the way!

;) ;) Here's a nice video for you to enjoy!  ;) ;)

How does SpaceX get these amazing camera shots?
Primal Space
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hope you like it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Has a nice day doing your obligatory Voodoo Rituals!

Your lies are plain to see all over the forum, rabbibot.

Here is a thread full of them:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=73925.msg2022557#msg2022557

Your posts are repulsive in every way.

Who do you think you are impressing with your mad behaviour, exactly?

?

dutchy

« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2018, 08:45:20 AM »
But it seems the video is repeated. So that is settled. Unless there are better explanations.
Incorrect:
Incorrect! He asked for "better explanations" and you post the ramblings of a Demented Voodoo Priest.
Quite unacceptable.

When will it end?
Untill his overlords finally pull the plug.... which could be any day now, because of continious poor results.
He is all over the place in most topics, but my personal highlight remains that for an observer on the ground a plane going vertical ( rocket) and a normal plane seem to follow the same trajectory for the deceived human eye. Due to a combination of perspective and other bogus he makes up on the fly....

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
Incorrect:
Quite unacceptable.

When will it end?
Untill his overlords finally pull the plug.... which could be any day now, because of continious poor results.
He is all over the place in most topics, but my personal highlight remains that for an observer on the ground a plane going vertical ( rocket) and a normal plane seem to follow the same trajectory for the deceived human eye. Due to a combination of perspective and other bogus he makes up on the fly....

The time he said gravity is not one of the four forces of flight, and called the idea "stupid Legbarian gravity" was my favourite...

He just makes mad claim after mad claim, then runs away to befoul another thread and uses sockpuppets to try and clean up the mess he left behind...

No one's going to pull the plug on him any time soon, though - it's clear he's protected by the mods and admins.

Which is something to ponder...

« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »
So if I aimed a telescope here on earth can I 'see' the car if I point it in the right place?

It's gotten pretty dim. I saw a prediction from earlier today that says it's at visual magnitude +16.2.

Visual limiting magnitude for a telescope can be estimated by the formula

Mlim = 7.5 + 5 log aperture (in cm)

Solving for aperture

a = 10(M-7.5)/5 cm
 = 10(16.2-7.5)/5 cm
 = 108.7/5 cm
 = 101.74 cm
a = 55 cm = 21.7"

so, if that prediction is right, unless you're using something like a 24" or larger 'scope, probably not.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2018, 12:10:19 PM »
So if I aimed a telescope here on earth can I 'see' the car if I point it in the right place?

It's gotten pretty dim. I saw a prediction from earlier today that says it's at visual magnitude +16.2.

Care to link us to that prediction?

If it was from some anonymous twonk on a sperglord astronomy website do not bother.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:14 PM »
The biggest telescope (The Gran Telescopio Canarias) is about 409", yet it cant resolve any object we have put on the moon. Not by a long shot. Even if you linked every telescope on earth together we cant see anything on the moon.

But a 24" one can see a car that's more than 100,000km further than the moon?

It doesn't add up. It stinks of a con

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2018, 02:45:39 PM »
Most people are starting to see this utter nonsense now but those that are pushing this stuff out are not bothered. They are simply laughing at how silly they've become in their take turns attempts at taking the utter pee out of the gullible public in the main that don't take the time to actually see the silliness.
Why?
Because most people are pacified and are playing candy crush on their phones and such, with the odd fleeting glance at what the TV spews out as news on this stuff. It's all real to them because sci-fi and CGI is made real to them. It becomes their reality.

It's just going to get sillier and sillier until more and more people start to see the stupidity of it.
Those that perpetrate it all are extremely clever and know there's a small percentage of people that see the garbage for what it is, but they will always be able to cover it all by mind bending the main populations of countries, with the aid of shills and bots and ...well you know the rest...or at least some do.

« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
Most people are starting to see this utter nonsense now but those that are pushing this stuff out are not bothered. They are simply laughing at how silly they've become in their take turns attempts at taking the utter pee out of the gullible public in the main that don't take the time to actually see the silliness.
Why?
Because most people are pacified and are playing candy crush on their phones and such, with the odd fleeting glance at what the TV spews out as news on this stuff. It's all real to them because sci-fi and CGI is made real to them. It becomes their reality.

It's just going to get sillier and sillier until more and more people start to see the stupidity of it.
Those that perpetrate it all are extremely clever and know there's a small percentage of people that see the garbage for what it is, but they will always be able to cover it all by mind bending the main populations of countries, with the aid of shills and bots and ...well you know the rest...or at least some do.

The root cause as to why there would be a round Earth conspiracy has still not been explained. Are you a creationist?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2018, 03:44:34 PM »
The biggest telescope (The Gran Telescopio Canarias) is about 409", yet it cant resolve any object we have put on the moon. Not by a long shot. Even if you linked every telescope on earth together we cant see anything on the moon.

But the 24" telescope did not "resolve the car" but simply showed a fast moving tiny dot of light.

So, it not at all unbelievable.

« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2018, 03:46:33 PM »
Why?

What does Elon gain by spending so many millions on a fake?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2018, 04:01:40 PM »
So in other words, resolved.

If I look at the Alpha Centuari system, I see one star, using a telescope, I see 2 stars. Other star resolved

If the resolution of a 24" telescope is able to pick up a spec of light from something a few meters across at a distance of nearly 500,000km then using a telescope nearly 20 times bigger should be able to see things much closer in much better resolution. Such as much larger objects left on the moon. But even if you combined all the telescopes on Earth to work in tandem we are told it is still not enough. But hey, we can see a car at nearly twice the distance. Really rab, even you should be thinking critically here

You have to wonder why there are no satellites orbiting the moon. We have a few for Mars right? We had Cassini orbit Saturn for 2 decades right. But nothing for the moon. You could put one in orbit in under 3 days and start taking incredibly high detailed pictures of the moon. You could deploy an orbiting telescope around the moon. Why is the moon so secretive?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
Why?

Notoriety, Immortality (not physically of course)

Looking at the guys businesses, he is losing shitloads of money. Perhaps it was designed to get publicity and thus more sponsors and investment.

Know your place

?

frenat

« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2018, 04:20:08 PM »

More than just the car
https://i.stack.imgur.com/tqnPr.png
and there is a difference between seeing the light reflected contrasted against a black background and resolving the object.

« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »

More than just the car
and there is a difference between seeing the light reflected contrasted against a black background and resolving the object.

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

?

frenat

« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2018, 04:28:12 PM »

More than just the car

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.
Did I claim it was an actual picture? It was presented to show the concept that the car is still attached to the rocket stage.

« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »
Why?

Notoriety, Immortality (not physically of course)

Looking at the guys businesses, he is losing shitloads of money. Perhaps it was designed to get publicity and thus more sponsors and investment.
Sponsors for what?  Investors in what?  If it's fake he is just throwing money away.
They are already launching satellites.  These satellites have to do their jobs or no one else will invest.  It simply makes no sense for it to be fake.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Macarios

« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »
Why?

You could read even before the launch that it was test flight and he didn't want to risk anything too valuable, so he just put dummy load.
He said the rocket could explode at launch or somewhere in the flight, so...
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »

If I look at the Alpha Centuari system, I see one star, using a telescope, I see 2 stars. Other star resolved
OK, compare the angular separation of Alpha Centuari A and B with the angular size of that car.
Show some critical thinking for a change!

Quote from: Shifter
If the resolution of a 24" telescope is able to pick up a spec of light from something a few meters across at a distance of nearly 500,000km then using a telescope nearly 20 times bigger should be able to see things much closer in much better resolution. Such as much larger objects left on the moon. But even if you combined all the telescopes on Earth to work in tandem we are told it is still not enough. But hey, we can see a car at nearly twice the distance. Really rab, even you should be thinking critically here
I am thinking critically! You can see a spec of light, but not resolve its shape or size.
Similarly a bright light on the moon could be seen, but its shape and size could not be not resolved.

You have to wonder why there are no satellites orbiting the moon.
Incorrect! Go and search for "satellites orbiting the moon".

We have a few for Mars right? We had Cassini orbit Saturn for 2 decades right. But nothing for the moon. You could put one in orbit in under 3 days and start taking incredibly high detailed pictures of the moon. You could deploy an orbiting telescope around the moon. Why is the moon so secretive?
It is not! It's just your ignorance showing.

« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2018, 08:31:24 PM »

The car isn't resolved, either. At that distance, it's a point source of light.

It doesn't seem to add up to you because you don't know much about optics. This is your problem, not anyone else's.

No, not resolved. It's a point source of light. If it were resolved, it would be an extended source of light.

Your naked eye with its dilated pupil diameter of maybe 6 to 7 mm lacks the resolution to "split" that binary star system, so the binary appears to be a point source. The much larger entrance pupil of the telescope can resolve the binary into a pair of point sources. Theoretically, larger optics allow greater resolution than smaller optics, and that holds, but only up to a point because of limitations to resolution due to atmospheric effects.

If you want to try something more challenging, try splitting the "double double", epsilon Lyrae. It is a system of two double stars. It is possible for people with very high visual acuity under excellent condtions to resolve the system into two point sources, but most people see it as a single point source. In binoculars or a marginally good telescope, it is resolved into a pair of point sources. In a good good telescope, each of those point sources is further resolved into a pair of point sources.

If the resolution of a 24" telescope is able to pick up a spec of light from something a few meters across at a distance of nearly 500,000km then using a telescope nearly 20 times bigger should be able to see things much closer in much better resolution.

Theoretically, yes, but the earth's atmosphere keeps telescopes from performing to their theoretical limits. Especially very large ones.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/stargazers-corner/observing-at-the-diffraction-limit/

Such as much larger objects left on the moon. But even if you combined all the telescopes on Earth to work in tandem we are told it is still not enough. But hey, we can see a car at nearly twice the distance. Really rab, even you should be thinking critically here

We can see it's there as an unresolved point of light. It would have to be resolved to be distinguishable as a car. Its angular dimensions are too small to resolve, though, so we only see it as a point of light.

You have to wonder why there are no satellites orbiting the moon. We have a few for Mars right? We had Cassini orbit Saturn for 2 decades right. But nothing for the moon. You could put one in orbit in under 3 days and start taking incredibly high detailed pictures of the moon. You could deploy an orbiting telescope around the moon. Why is the moon so secretive?

One has to wonder how you don't know that there are. Artificial satellites have orbited the moon since the 1960s.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2018, 01:58:22 AM »
there is a difference between seeing the light reflected contrasted against a black background and resolving the object.

Exactly how much light is your fake shportz kar in shpayze reflecting, that it can be visible from hundreds of thousands of kilometres away?

Because it doesn't seem to be reflecting much light in the fake live stream...

Macarios

« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2018, 04:01:19 AM »
there is a difference between seeing the light reflected contrasted against a black background and resolving the object.

Exactly how much light is your fake shportz kar in shpayze reflecting, that it can be visible from hundreds of thousands of kilometres away?

Probably more light than Pluto reflected from 7.5 billion kilometers away on February 18, 1930 when was discovered.
And we can calculate any time where to look for the car, and for Pluto we didn't even know it was there.

Frankly, I didn't try to look for the car, but it doesn't mean that any competent astronomer can't find it easily.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2018, 04:08:16 AM »

Probably more light than Pluto reflected from 7.5 billion kilometers away on February 18, 1930 when was discovered.
And we can calculate any time where to look for the car, and for Pluto we didn't even know it was there.

Frankly, I didn't try to look for the car, but it doesn't mean that any competent astronomer can't find it easily.

So you don't know and you haven't even looked for yourself?

Why didn't you just say that, rather than spam pompous bullshit?

Oh, right, because you're a bot.

Macarios

« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2018, 04:16:12 AM »

Your rat bot still didn't get fed with additional set of answers?
Still using old ones? :-)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2018, 04:23:35 AM »

Yet another bot meltdown...

Are there ANY real humans on this forum?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2018, 04:37:17 AM »
Quite a few, but you certainly would not be included in that number! You don't even exist - just a figment of some sick person's imagination!

Macarios

« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2018, 04:37:52 AM »

Yet another bot meltdown...

Last time your meltdown was worse.
You were shitposting a lot.
This time at least you admit it and restrain yourself.
I told you to add more answers to your rat bot.
Why didn't you?

------------------------------------------

Pluto's magnitude is at best 13.65 and at worst 16.3
Here, I did half for you, now you have only to find brightness of the car.
Good luck.

-----------------------------------------

"... The old magnitude system breaks visible stars into 6 groups with magnitude 1 being the brightest and 6 being the faintest.
Modern adjustments to the original classification says that each level of magnitude decreases the apparent brightness
by a factor of 2.512. This means that a magnitude 1 star appears 100 times brighter than a magnitude 6.
Note that Pluto is at BEST at magnitude 13.65. You just can't see it with the naked eye..."

And they still found it with telescope, but not before 1930.

Your turn: what magnitude is that Tesla up there ?