SpaceX: The Latest

• 360 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: SpaceX: The Latest
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
Stars whooshing by.....wow.  As you know the only star within 4 light years of Earth is our star, the Sun.  The journey to the sun would itself take months and months.  The only way you would see stars in the distance whooshing by is of the craft was traveling near light speed.  I know it is difficult to understand because the distances involved are so vast. 
Three hour mark. You can actually see them. Watch the damn video.
"The only way you would see stars in the distance whooshing by is"
  • "if the craft was traveling near light speed"
  • or if the spacecraft were rotating - which it is!

Quote from: JRoweSkeptic
Notice how you still haven't actually answered the question?  Are you saying it's exposed to the atmosphere during the launch?
How feasible is it that they could create a perfectly airtight chamber that is both detachable but secure enough to survive being stuck on the side during being blasted out the atmosphere, that when it detaches gets far enough away to not even scratch the paintwork?
Don't give me that "But they say they did it!" nonsense. That's completely circular. tell me how you think that is even possible.
Why do they need an airtight chamber? All that is needed is a fairing to protect it from the supersonic slip-stream.
And the fairing did completely cover the vehicle.

Tesla Roadster and Fairing to Cover it during Launch

You can see the Earth's reflection vanishing despite occupying the same basic location on the car's side; impossible by rotation, only possible by moving far away, but it isn't moving that fast.
All you are seeing is overexposed reflections of reflections in the curved side of the car.

Also:

You can see a star to the right there. There is no explanation for that speed.
No, all I see is lens flare and any movement is due to rotation. Do you mean the coloured spot a bit right of centre?

Elon Musk's Tesla and Lens Flare, not a star
That's not a star, just lens flare from too much direct sunlight hitting the lens.

But, be a bit rational about this!
If Elon Musk were trying to fake all this, he would have photographic experts far smarter than you and I "on tap" and could easily make a video that you could not fault.

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »
Hands down the coolest video of the most recent SpaceX launch.  Would have loved to be there in person but this is a close second.  Sorry flat earthers but this blows a GIGANTIC hole in your "space if fake" theory.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2018, 07:13:16 PM »
Hands down the coolest video of the most recent SpaceX launch.  Would have loved to be there in person but this is a close second.  Sorry flat earthers but this blows a GIGANTIC hole in your "space if fake" theory.

What do you mean 'space if fake'

Also most flat earthers recognise space as real

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2018, 08:43:55 PM »

What do you mean 'space if fake'

Also most flat earthers recognise space as real
Really? For many it seems extend no further than the "dome" and many claim that whole universe exists within a few thousand kilometres of earth.

The FAQ seems to say nothing and the Wiki says
The southern constellations of the night sky appear to rise as you travel southwards
In response to why the southern constellations rise as the observer travels southward; that is to be expected with the stars being only about 3100 miles above the surface of the earth. As you travel southwards you are changing your perspective in relation to the stars and earth.
Of course every flat earther seems to have a different idea on everything so it's hard to find what flat earthers generally think about space.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »
Then why did you bring up that friction on the car would be a problem?
READ. MY. FUCKING. POSTS.
God this is just pathetic at this point.

How feasible is it that they could create a perfectly airtight chamber that is both detachable but secure enough to survive being stuck on the side during being blasted out the atmosphere, that when it detaches gets far enough away to not even scratch the paintwork?
Don't give me that "But they say they did it!" nonsense. That's completely circular. tell me how you think that is even possible.

DO YOU NOT SEE HOW FRICTION IS ONE OF THE ISSUES IT COULD FACE?!?!??!?!?!?
TRIGGERED!!
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »
Spacex launched a rocket.
The two outside boosters separate
And LAND without incident.
Granted, the 3rd booster ended up in the ocean.
But as Meatloaf said 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Interestingly, before the launch, Spacex put out an animation of it.
The landing of the 2 boosters in the animation is very similar to the real footage.
The animation shows the third boosted landing on a ship,
Which didn't happen.

The reason I bring this up is that Spacex predicted what would happen.
The biggest oops was the 3rd booster falling in the ocean.

The flat earth world is getting harder and harder to explain.
And I bet FEs are cursing Elon from morning to night.
Cursing Elon, gimme a break. We are laughing at you and the Elon fanboys. I think is funny that you boys believe that his Tesla is flying in space. You are so brainwashed that you believe anything NASA tells you, and now you believe Elon. It is pitiful and funny at the same time.
God is real.                                         

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2018, 10:07:44 PM »
Wow, a near infinite amount of variables and the predictions work almost like clockwork. Hmm, I wonder if the final thing we saw was just another (more sophisticated) animation

In any event it seems Elon has pretty much canned it a day after launch, claiming the 'rocket' will shoot past Mars and into the asteroid belt. Convenient as now no one will bother to 'watch' with as much interest. I guess he got nervous the jig was up
Small, closed, minds ridicule things that they are unable to understand.
More open minds use being unable to understand as an opportunity to learn more.

rvlvr

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2018, 10:08:02 PM »
Wow, a near infinite amount of variables and the predictions work almost like clockwork.
This right here is FE in a nutshell. It is inability to understand and comprehend. The true sign of a small mind.

EDIT: Doppelgšnger!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:12:40 PM by rvlvr »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
Cursing Elon, gimme a break. We are laughing at you and the Elon fanboys. I think is funny that you boys believe that his Tesla is flying in space. You are so brainwashed that you believe anything NASA tells you, and now you believe Elon. It is pitiful and funny at the same time.
Please read my previous post!

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »
Wow, a near infinite amount of variables and the predictions work almost like clockwork.
This right here is FE in a nutshell. It is inability to understand and comprehend. The true sign of a small mind.

Who said I said the earth was flat? Nothing is absolute. I assure you my mind is far more vast and superior to any here. Especially yours.

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2018, 10:47:50 PM »
Oh what a surprise, the latest is he overshot Mars and is headed towards the asteroid belt. He probably got nervous people were onto his con job so he's writing off the stunt a mere day after launch.

Con job! Such an easy claim to make, no evidence required.
One of the main con jobs around here is you and your alleged vast mind, the only vast thing you have going for you is your stupidity, which from my elevated position looks vast indeed.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2018, 10:55:13 PM »
Oh what a surprise, the latest is he overshot Mars and is headed towards the asteroid belt. He probably got nervous people were onto his con job so he's writing off the stunt a mere day after launch.

One of the main con jobs around here is you and your alleged vast mind, the only vast thing you have going for you is your stupidity, which from my elevated position looks vast indeed.

You think your high horse is quite elevated don't you? Look again. It's a pony. Fit for a little girl. Everyone looks down on you, Loner

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2018, 10:59:38 PM »
Back to Space X.
There was an amazing launch filmed and witnessed by millions. Did it happen? Beyond doubt.
Did it reach the edge of space? Beyond doubt.
The really cool thing was the deployment of the car and driver, which didnít quite go according to plan, but when you are attempting something pretty audacious and on the edge, there is plenty of room for errors and malfunctions. The video and live stream were totally cool with the spherical earth spinning away below.
Enter the FE crew. They have to rubbish it and cry foul, they have no option itís the only way to go. Out comes their worn to the bond cards of fake, cgi and conspiracy! They have zero proof, zero evidence so instead just make a lot of meaningless noise, throwing in red herrings such as the friction one! Doh so funny! They look through the videos for visual anomalies, things they donít quite understand and then just make up any old shit in desperation.
For every one of the 180 launches this year they will cry foul, fake and cgi! Those cgi people must be rolling in it!
How about Neil t year and the year after, new moon landings, James Webb, mission to Mars, so much to cry fake at!

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »

You think your high horse is quite elevated don't you? Look again. It's a pony. Fit for a little girl. Everyone looks down on you, Loner
Ya think?
Ok superior mind, say something cosmic.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2018, 11:01:09 PM »

Ya think?

something cosmic

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2018, 11:02:36 PM »

Ya think?

something cosmic
Thought so, simpleton with delusions of grandeur, I set you up and you fell right into it....
There is a difference between saying youíre smart and being smart, donít ya think meathead.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »
You asked me to say something cosmic so I gave you the words you asked for. Not happy? You need only look to yourself

rvlvr

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2018, 11:12:43 PM »
I have not been a fan of Elon, but it is hard to not like SpaceX.

He should still hire someone else to design Teslas. None of them look good.

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14:01 PM »
You asked me to say something cosmic so I gave you the words you asked for. Not happy? You need only look to yourself
Your response was exactly what I thought you would do. Your previous posts give quite a good indication of the level you operate on. Your response is what people who are not very bright often do. If your interested, offering such a literal response is often used as an indication of a spectrum disorder. Have you been tested?

You could say something clever.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:17:31 PM by Lonegranger »

« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »

Agree. Not wanting to offend, but American cars often look as though they have been designed by a teenager with promise with little in the way of style and finesse.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2018, 11:17:36 PM »
Your response was exactly what I thought you would do. Your previous posts give quite a good indication of the level you operate on. Your response is what people who are not very bright often do. If your interested, offering such a literal response is often used as an indication of a spectrum disorder. Have you been tested?

Spectrum you say? Then we all fall on it somewhere as it is not absolute.

rvlvr

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2018, 11:18:41 PM »

Agree. Not wanting to offend, but American cars often look as though they have been designed by a teenager with promise with little in the way of style and finesse.
Larry Shinoda was damn good.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Shinoda

But Europe seems to have a better eye, at least nowadays.

« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2018, 11:25:44 PM »

Larry Shinoda was damn good.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Shinoda

But Europe seems to have a better eye, at least nowadays.

Iím not saying itís bad design, just too much Star Trek for my taste. Iím more a fan of Malcolm Sayer the designer of the E-Type jag. Drop dead sex on wheels, understated, IMO one of the most beautiful cars ever produced.

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2018, 02:57:55 AM »
I still don't understand why there are no stars or satellites?

also at one point the earth seems oval while others round? how come?

I wonder why the earth shadow appearing on the car while the sun on the other side?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:07:14 AM by GeminiAbdulaziz »

rvlvr

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2018, 03:08:19 AM »
The lack of stars is, in my understanding, just because of how video and photography works. It has to do with exposure time. Earth and the Tesla are bright. To get every point of light visible would require longer shutter times, and then those two main points of interest would burn white.

Sorry for not being able to, most likely, use proper wording, but I am not that familiar with the needed terminology.

(And I can be completely wrong, too. So someone who knows more I'd appreciate explain it better.)

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2018, 03:11:09 AM »
quite strange! then why the earth is nor spinning of the clouds moving at all?

also I don't understand why the sun light hits the car after the earth shadow appears on the car? shouldn't it be the other way around?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:12:58 AM by GeminiAbdulaziz »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2018, 03:47:45 AM »
quite strange! then why the earth is nor spinning of the clouds moving at all?
The earth rotates very slowly. It would take almost 12 hours for a feature on the left to move across to the right
And the clouds move much slower still relative to the earth's surface - usually only a few tens of kilometres per hour.
So over an hour of viewing the would move a very small distance across. Cloud patterns can change shape more quickly than that and I think you can observe some of that.

Quote from: GeminiAbdulaziz
also I don't understand why the sun light hits the car after the earth shadow appears on the car? shouldn't it be the other way around?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2018, 03:52:06 AM »
The triggered flatties in this thread are EXACTLY why I'm here!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

?

frenat

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2018, 06:18:49 AM »
I still don't understand why there are no stars or satellites?

Stars were already explained.  As for satellites, the majority of them are on average smaller than a car and they are spread out in 3D space over an area many, many times larger than the surface of the Earth.  Then they also plan launches so they don't intersect paths of other satellites so they don't crash into each other.  So why should you expect to see them?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2018, 06:31:24 AM »
The triggered flatties in this thread are EXACTLY why I'm here!
You're such a loser.
God is real.