Black listed aircraft companies: Qantas, Lan, Latam, South African, Sichuan Airl

• 486 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Firstly, wind can not affect an aircraft to cause two hours delay.
Sorry, but that is totally incorrect!
It does not matter that the air density at 35,000 feet (10,000 metres) is only 30% that at sea-level.

Aircraft fly in the air and they fly at a cruising speed relative to the air around them.
So the ground speed is their airspeed plus the component of wind speed in the direction that they are flying.

Hence if an aircraft has a tail-wind of 150 km/hr and an airspeed of 900 km/hr (eg a Boeing 787) the ground speed is 1050 km/hr.

Did you read this:
Quote from: by Jason Samenow and Andrew Freedman
Roaring jet stream powers British Airways flight from New York to London in under 5 hours, an unofficial record
The Boeing 747 hit a maximum estimated ground speed of 825 mph (almost 1328 km/hr)
Four hours and 56 minutes. That’s all the time it took for British Airways Flight 112 to fly from New York’s JFK International Airport to London Heathrow early Sunday. According to the flight-tracking service Flightradar24, the sub-five-hour flight broke the previous transatlantic record of 5 hours 13 minutes between New York and London.

A rip-roaring jet stream at more than 260 mph (418 km/hr) turbocharged the trans-Atlantic British Airways flight, which departed New York at 6:20 p.m. and landed in London at 4:43 a.m. Sunday, nearly two hours ahead of schedule.

Look what a strong tail-wind can do!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
[/size]
Look what a strong tail-wind can do!
And the flight in the opposite direction takes more than 8 hours.
I wonder why?
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
If wind does not effect aircraft, explain this video.

Shortest Landing!!! Severe Headwind! Aircraft hovers and vertically touches down!
There are hundreds of videos of wind effecting aircraft wildly because aircraft fly relative to the air.
And if the air is moving, so does the plane.
Amazing! The plane doesn't roll a centimetre!

PS Just paste the video url "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vP13XPMNfc" with nothing around it

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Amazing! The plane doesn't roll a centimetre!

PS Just paste the video url "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vP13XPMNfc" with nothing around it
Is there a place where all the editing tips are in one spot.
But seriously, sometimes my editing works and sometimes it does not work.
I have turned my adblocker off, and things have actually improved. But I still get the occasionally [font] label that chimes in every now and then

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?

A couple of interesting and relevant articles that popped into my in box this morning, the first from the people at Spaceweather.com who do research into (amongst other things) the amount of cosmic radiation encountered on commercial air flights, (https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2020/02/11/surfing-the-jet-stream-reduces-aviation-radiation/) this article linking that research with the BA flight 112’s record flight and the amount of radiation saved by surfing the jet stream and mentioning however the net gain over a return flight. And embedded in that a study of Transatlantic flight times and climate change (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/2/024008) charting the rise and doing the math on the increase in the speed of the jet stream over the last few years, its link with climate change and the predicted continued increase and the effects on air travel times.
Enjoy.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Firstly, wind can not affect an aircraft to cause two hours delay. Forget it, it is imposible.
Every actual pilot in the world would disagree. Direct contradicting example: There were a few flights just last week flying from New York to London that hit 200 mph tailwinds and arrived 2 hours earlier than scheduled. Flights in the opposite direction were late along the same route. Wind DOES affect airplanes in flight whether you agree or not.
No, they do not. Accepting or denying something does not cancel their driving licence. They are some flat earther pilots and they are in the category of every. How can it be? Stop to baseless claims, or your claims based on wrong pre acceptations.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Firstly, wind can not affect an aircraft to cause two hours delay. Forget it, it is imposible.
Every actual pilot in the world would disagree. Direct contradicting example: There were a few flights just last week flying from New York to London that hit 200 mph tailwinds and arrived 2 hours earlier than scheduled. Flights in the opposite direction were late along the same route. Wind DOES affect airplanes in flight whether you agree or not.
No, they do not. Accepting or denying something does not cancel their driving licence. They are some flat earther pilots and they are in the category of every. How can it be? Stop to baseless claims, or your claims based on wrong pre acceptations.
You are saying that the wind has no influence, yet you don't answer the question of what causes the time difference between flights from Europe to the USA and from the USA to Europe. It is a fact that there is a time difference, and don't come that we are being fooled and there is no time difference between this, because there is.
So elaborate us with your answer.

You are an idiot... why is the flight less than 5 hours in one direction and 8 hours in the other direction?
Please answer that question.

(is it something to do with refraction of light?) ...

rvlvr

These flight times are one of the weakest pros for FE I have witnessed. At least with other points of entry there are some angles one can find interesting, but to fight for FE based on completely no knowledge of commercial flight is a fragile position.

Again: Dunning-Kruger in the house, yo!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:36:03 AM by rvlvr »

?

frenat

Even a flat Earther pilot would agree that wind affects the aircraft.

JackBlack

Stop to baseless claims, or your claims based on wrong pre acceptations.
Again, follow your own advice.
You are the one baselessly claiming that planes magically fly towards their target in a straight line without any variation. You are the one claiming that planes aren't affected by wind.

The burden is on you to back up these baseless claims of yours.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Not all of them.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Not all of them.
Name ONE idiot flat Earther pilot who does not agree that wind affects the aircraft!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Here's a flight that arrived almost 2 hours early thanks to winds:
    A fluke storm system sped up international flights to record-setting speeds.The flights were faster than the speed of sound, but didn't break the sound barrier because of surrounding wind speed.The top speed for a 747 is about 570 miles per hour (mph), and this flight topped out at 825 mph.

A British Airways plane has broken the record for fastest subsonic flight—by going faster than the speed of sound. The flight from New York to London arrived almost two hours early after a flight lasting 4 hours and 56 minutes. British Airways also just narrowly beat two Virgin Airways flights that took one minute and three minutes longer, respectively.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

frenat

Not all of them.
then they wouldn't be a good pilot. It is a basic fact that wind affects an aircraft in flight and is necessary to understand to be able to land. I'd challenge you to prove your "Not all of them" by naming some but I'm betting you'll ignore this.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Not all of them.
Well any flat Earther pilot that is not certain that wind affects the aircraft would be a dangerous pilot.
If wind does not effect aircraft, explain this video.

Shortest Landing!!! Severe Headwind! Aircraft hovers and vertically touches down!
There are hundreds of videos of wind effecting aircraft wildly because aircraft fly relative to the air.
And if the air is moving, so does the plane.
Anyone who denies that the wind affects aircraft has to be totally devoid of any sense!

Here's some more:

Storm Ciara - Dangerous Plane Landings 2020

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Anyone who denies that the wind affects aircraft has to be totally devoid of any sense!
Or has never seen a wind tunnel.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence

Or has never seen a plane. . .

Wise, have you even been on a plane?

Ever?

Even been to an airport?

Where you home schooled?

So many questions

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Not all of them.
then they wouldn't be a good pilot. It is a basic fact that wind affects an aircraft in flight and is necessary to understand to be able to land. I'd challenge you to prove your "Not all of them" by naming some but I'm betting you'll ignore this.
No, they are best pilots. They are using flat earth routes and spending less fuel.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist

Ever?

Even been to an airport?

Where you home schooled?

So many questions
Yes.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Not all of them.
No, they are best pilots. They are using flat earth routes and spending less fuel.

Who might theses pilots be? And how are they following flat earth routes when there is no such thing as a flat earth map?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Not all of them.

Who might theses pilots be? And how are they following flat earth routes when there is no such thing as a flat earth map?

There is one numerical map, here. https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74162.0

Just because the map is not similar to other maps does not mean that it is not a map. I suggest better routes to pilots when they ask and they earn very well from this job. So far, no pilot has been the victim of these recommendations but benefited.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence

Ever?

Even been to an airport?

Where you home schooled?

So many questions
Yes.
So you have been home schooled.

This does answer a lot.

Are you allowed to go outside?
Do you need us to call for help?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Not all of them.

There is one numerical map, here. https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74162.0

Just because the map is not similar to other maps does not mean that it is not a map. I suggest better routes to pilots when they ask and they earn very well from this job. So far, no pilot has been the victim of these recommendations but benefited.

The effort put into your map notwithstanding, it's not something anyone could use to effectively plot a course, especially via the air. It's not just pilots who need to plot and calculate routes, other entities do as well, e.g., air traffic control. And ATC must do so across radar regions defined all over the world. Coordinated, controlled via maps. Maps that are not yours.

So there aren't any commercial pilots out there saying to ATC:

Pilot: This is BA117 from LHR en route to Munich contacting Frankfurt Tower
Frankfurt ATC: BA117, have you on scope
Pilot: Ok Frankfurt, we're following a map based upon a flat earth devised by a Turkish gentleman so our route will be a straight line from Heathrow to Munich regardless of wind, weather, parity in distance, or any other air traffic you need to coordinate. Copy?
Frankfurt ATC: BA117, copy that. We will divert all other globe earth traffic so as not to interfere with yours.

Saying that commercial pilots have used your map is a seeming virtual impossibility. Do you have any evidence of it?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Not all of them.

The effort put into your map notwithstanding, it's not something anyone could use to effectively plot a course, especially via the air. It's not just pilots who need to plot and calculate routes, other entities do as well, e.g., air traffic control. And ATC must do so across radar regions defined all over the world. Coordinated, controlled via maps. Maps that are not yours.

Pilot: Ok Frankfurt, we're following a map based upon a flat earth devised by a Turkish gentleman so our route will be a straight line from Heathrow to Munich regardless of wind, weather, parity in distance, or any other air traffic you need to coordinate. Copy?
Frankfurt ATC: BA117, copy that. We will divert all other globe earth traffic so as not to interfere with yours.

Saying that commercial pilots have used your map is a seeming virtual impossibility. Do you have any evidence of it?
there are flat earther pilots I know and they are constantly under pressure. therefore, I refuse to share personal information or any of related content. I have already shared it enough.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Not all of them.

there are flat earther pilots I know and they are constantly under pressure. therefore, I refuse to share personal information or any of related content. I have already shared it enough.

Of course, under pressure to use standardized maps/routes, etc., all based upon a globe earth. Because they have to. Commercial pilots and ATC around the world can't just be using whatever map suits their whimsy.

That being the point, you claimed, "They (flat earth pilots) are using flat earth routes and spending less fuel." which is the definition of a baseless claim.
I ask for evidence of your claim - There is none = Baseless claim.

Again, I applaud the effort you put into your map. But, unfortunately, the underlying methodology is deeply flawed and it has no real world application.

JackBlack

I refuse to share personal information or any of related content. I have already shared it enough.
No, you haven't shared anything useful.
But thanks for indicating it is nothing more than yet another baseless assertion from you.

Wise. Do you know that the 'air-routes' in the sky are in a sentence highways? With the exception that they are able to take a 'de-tour' to avoid heavy storms.
With this being said, you can also claim that the all highways and train tracks are completely straight and will never make a turn. Which doesn't make any sense because they do and so does the routes that the airplanes fly.

I am almost sure that you have never being interested in aviation in general, because if you where you would know that airplanes almost never fly in a straight line.

And you never answered the question of why there is a flight time difference between the US -> Europa and Europe-> US. Please explain this simple fact!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Not all of them.

Of course, under pressure to use standardized maps/routes, etc., all based upon a globe earth. Because they have to. Commercial pilots and ATC around the world can't just be using whatever map suits their whimsy.

That being the point, you claimed, "They (flat earth pilots) are using flat earth routes and spending less fuel." which is the definition of a baseless claim.
I ask for evidence of your claim - There is none = Baseless claim.

Again, I applaud the effort you put into your map. But, unfortunately, the underlying methodology is deeply flawed and it has no real world application.

I cannot prove such a thing without informing about them. but there is proof that logic.

they go out of the radar area after a while, especially in ocean-going journeys. the next route is completely predictive. At this point, pilots can use the route they know if they want. this route may be suitable for the flat earth map. this information is evidence, but flight data is required for more details. there can not be an evidence of such a thing.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Wise. Do you know that the 'air-routes' in the sky are in a sentence highways? With the exception that they are able to take a 'de-tour' to avoid heavy storms.
With this being said, you can also claim that the all highways and train tracks are completely straight and will never make a turn. Which doesn't make any sense because they do and so does the routes that the airplanes fly.

I am almost sure that you have never being interested in aviation in general, because if you where you would know that airplanes almost never fly in a straight line.

And you never answered the question of why there is a flight time difference between the US -> Europa and Europe-> US. Please explain this simple fact!

I told you but you simply deny the facts. The map is wrong and it has been tried to corrected from left to right, hence left the right pathes are closer and right to left pathes are further. That's all.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1