The edge of the earth

• 44 Replies
The edge of the earth
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »
NASA contractors, fighting penguins, killer polar bears, no atmosphere, or super freezing temps are all the excuses I have read regarding why no one has ever explored the edge of the earth. I don't buy it, especially the fighting/killer NASA developed penguin guards, LOL. Lets not mention the moon landing because if you believe the earth is flat, you certainly don't believe the moon landing happened. Instead lets look at Mount Everest, or the deepest parts of the ocean scientists have sent unmanned submarines. If the edge of the edge of the earth is unreachable by any humans then surely people have discovered ways to send unmanned vehicles to the edge. Whether that be drones or any other unmanned remotely controlled vehicles. If you say we don't have the technology to do such a mission then I believe your lack of confidence in the human race is far worse than I originally thought.

Now, I know mathematics can prove the curvature of the earth but I assume you would insist that the calculations are simply wrong. I recently watched a video that claims all photos of space, or from space are all photo shopped. It's a really crazy but with that said, in order for me to be convinced I would like to know two things. 1. Why have we not been to the edge of the earth. 2. Why would the edge of the earth be so secretly protected considering we would have ways to visit because we have the technology to do so.

I will completely dismiss any answers that claim aliens, killer penguins, dragons or any other fairy tales.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The edge of the earth
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »
It is likely very cold there, approaching absolute zero.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »

Why is that?
Nullius in Verba

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »

Why is that?

Because.......I believe Rowbotham said so ?
Also, the NASA  Guards are stationed there to keep people from going over the edge and falling off into space ?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:50:23 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Macarios

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »

Why is that?

Because.......I believe Rowbotham said so ?

If I remember well, it is not the reason.
He simply needed some way to stop air from leaking over the Ice Wall.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 01:09:46 PM »

Why is that?

The farther south you go from the equator, the colder it gets.  It stands to reason that the temperature would approach 0K some distance from the sun.

Tessa Yuri

• The shortest distance between two points is a lie.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 01:14:45 PM »
The farther south you go from the equator, the colder it gets.  It stands to reason that the temperature would approach 0K some distance from the sun.

Sure, I mean, we could even mathematically model that. If we know how far away the sun is from the Earth, the radius of its orbit and its size I could probably run up some basic model to predict where the ice wall would be. Do you know those things?

If you like, I could also work backwards and figure that out assuming the ice wall begins at the edge of Antarctica.
Tessa believes in the scientific method.
Yuri believes the Earth is a flat disk.
     _________              _________         _________
.<`X######I---I|    |I[][][][][][][][]I|     |I[][][][][][][][]I|
-=o--o====o--o=-=o-o====o-o=-=o-o====o-o=

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
...It's a really crazy but with that said, in order for me to be convinced I would like to know two things. 1. Why have we not been to the edge of the earth. 2. Why would the edge of the earth be so secretly protected considering we would have ways to visit because we have the technology to do so.

I will completely dismiss any answers that claim aliens, killer penguins, dragons or any other fairy tales.
1. I believe Admiral Byrd/the Nazis did approach close, if not achieve, the ends of the known earth.

2. It is protected because the people who are ruling the planet want it protected and they have the means to protect it.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »

Why is that?

Why is that? Even Pluto doesn't get that cold.
Nullius in Verba

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »

Why is that?

You are thinking of a sun with a diameter of nearly 1.4million km. The sun is actually very small. Also Pluto is said to be geologically active which provides some heat. I believe this activity prevents the planet from being 'absolute zero' but it gets pretty damn close.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »
You are thinking of a sun with a diameter of nearly 1.4million km. The sun is actually very small. Also Pluto is said to be geologically active which provides some heat. I believe this activity prevents the planet from being 'absolute zero' but it gets pretty damn close.

Actually wait, hold on. I know I said earlier I could build a model to predict the ice wall, but that won't work.

Just a quick question, your 'small Sun', where does it get its energy from? (and I know this is straying slightly off the OP topic, but I'll bring it back on track in a second)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 02:02:19 PM »
Just a quick question, your 'small Sun', where does it get its energy from? (and I know this is straying slightly off the OP topic, but I'll bring it back on track in a second)

Subspace? F'ed if I know  8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Tessa Yuri

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »

Subspace? F'ed if I know  8)

Ok, so I'll get to the point now.

If there's an ice wall - that is, a distance from the sun where the temperature reaches 0K and everything freezes over, then the sun (and Pluto, apparently?) would continue doing whatever they do to generate heat, gradually raising the overall temperature and melting the ice wall back slowly.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »

Sure, I mean, we could even mathematically model that. If we know how far away the sun is from the Earth, the radius of its orbit and its size I could probably run up some basic model to predict where the ice wall would be. Do you know those things?

If you like, I could also work backwards and figure that out assuming the ice wall begins at the edge of Antarctica.

Diameter 32 miles.  Height 3000 miles.  Radius of orbit 6000 miles.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »

Clearly not from measurements and observations.  Links to your proof please.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »

I have mathematically shown these calculations in the past and I invited you and anyone else to show my calculations to be wrong and nobody could.  Please don't derail this thread.  Your shill tactics are very apparent. 

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 02:32:41 PM »

I have mathematically shown these calculations in the past and I invited you and anyone else to show my calculations to be wrong and nobody could.  Please don't derail this thread.  Your shill tactics are very apparent.
Please provide a link to your previous calculations.  Note measurements need to be made from at least 3 locations

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »

Please provide a link to your previous calculations.  Note measurements need to be made from at least 3 locations

is the search function broken?

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 02:43:03 PM »

Why is that?

Average of 44K. The Sun's is not very small. Stars can't get much smaller and still fuse hydrogen by the method the Sun does.
Nullius in Verba

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »

Impossible. Rudimentary geometry can prove that wrong.
Nullius in Verba

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 02:45:48 PM »

well, go ahead and prove away!

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 02:48:42 PM »

See www.suncalc.org

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »

See www.suncalc.org

You are the laziest troll ever. 

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 02:54:57 PM »

I can do better. Tomorrow morning, 20 minutes after Sunrise, measure the angle of the Sun above the Horizon and the azimuth(direction relative to North). Then look up the distance from where you live to the point on Earth where the Sun is at Zenith. This site lists it: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunearth.html

Now you have two angles and a leg. You can calculate the exact height of the Sun above the Earth as if it were flat. It isn't going to be 3000 miles because the Earth isn't flat.

If you are confused, I am wiling to do a sample as if it were tomorrow morning.
Nullius in Verba

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »

See www.suncalc.org

You are the laziest troll ever.
It gives the information you need.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »

I can do better. Tomorrow morning, 20 minutes after Sunrise, measure the angle of the Sun above the Horizon and the azimuth(direction relative to North). Then look up the distance from where you live to the point on Earth where the Sun is at Zenith. This site lists it: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunearth.html

Now you have two angles and a leg. You can calculate the exact height of the Sun above the Earth as if it were flat. It isn't going to be 3000 miles because the Earth isn't flat.

At solar noon from 45 degrees north of the equator on the equinox, the sun is 45 degrees above the horizon, while at the same time at the equator, it is directly overhead.  45 degrees north is 3000 ground miles from the equator.  Simple geometry then tells us it is 3000 miles above the Earth. 

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »

At solar noon from 45 degrees north of the equator on the equinox, the sun is 45 degrees above the horizon, while at the same time at the equator, it is directly overhead.  45 degrees north is 3000 ground miles from the equator.  Simple geometry then tells us it is 3000 miles above the Earth.
Measurements from the midpoint show otherwise.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 03:26:16 PM »

Don't do solar noon. You don't need it. Don't do the equinox. You don't need it. All you need is the angle of the sun above the horizon and the distance to the geographic zenith point. That's all.

If the math doesn't work every day at every time from every place, then it doesn't work.
Nullius in Verba

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »

Don't do solar noon. You don't need it. Don't do the equinox. You don't need it. All you need is the angle of the sun above the horizon and the distance to the geographic zenith point. That's all.

If the math doesn't work every day at every time from every place, then it doesn't work.

You sound like someone who has been defeated. 

Another victory for the FET!

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 03:39:13 PM »

You sound like someone who has been defeated. 

Another victory for the FET!

That's just my humble nature even in the throes of total verbal conquest.
Nullius in Verba