The Model Doesn't Fit Reality

• 28 Replies
The Model Doesn't Fit Reality
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Nikola Tesla

Tycho Brahe warned heliocentric believers of the error in their model's. After he died, the model suddenly changed with no proof needed. Reality was changed to fit the model, when we should basing the model on reality. Our model today, is basically what Tycho Brahe said was wrong about heliocentrism, with numbers moved around over time. Copernicus calculated the Sun's distance from Earth to be 3,391,200 miles. The next century Johannes Kepler decided it was actually 12,376,800 miles. Newton said, “It matters not whether we reckon it (The Sun) 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!

Even Newton realized, it's all about making reality fit the model. He didn't care what the numbers were, as long as it fit the model!

Re: The Model Doesn't Fit Reality
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Nikola Tesla

Tycho Brahe warned heliocentric believers of the error in their model's. After he died, the model suddenly changed with no proof needed. Reality was changed to fit the model, when we should basing the model on reality. Our model today, is basically what Tycho Brahe said was wrong about heliocentrism, with numbers moved around over time. Copernicus calculated the Sun's distance from Earth to be 3,391,200 miles. The next century Johannes Kepler decided it was actually 12,376,800 miles. Newton said, “It matters not whether we reckon it (The Sun) 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!

Even Newton realized, it's all about making reality fit the model. He didn't care what the numbers were, as long as it fit the model!

Tesla's quote describes Dark Matter, Einstein, Modern Astronomy; Gravity Waves, and this forum perfectly!

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:58:48 PM »

When millions of high school students verify those models through basic experimentation ever year, that's pretty convincing. Even more convincing is using those same models to plan space missions to the moon, mars and other planets in the solar system. Putting up hundreds of satellites that we use every day to gather weather information and communicate over the entire planet is an honorable mention.

The models clearly bear a very close resemblance to reality.
Nullius in Verba

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:21:40 PM »

When millions of high school students verify those models through basic experimentation ever year, that's pretty convincing. Even more convincing is using those same models to plan space missions to the moon, mars and other planets in the solar system. Putting up hundreds of satellites that we use every day to gather weather information and communicate over the entire planet is an honorable mention.

The models clearly bear a very close resemblance to reality.
You can hardly say any of the flat earth models (?) bear even the most remote resemblance to reality.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 11:09:07 PM »

I think you hit the nail on the head, having your own version of reality is an important pre-requisite for flat earthers. 
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 01:19:48 AM »
What I can't work out is why Tesla seems to be held up as a hero by so many flat earthers or geocentrists.  He certainly did not believe the earth to be flat or stationary!

See this address by him:
HOW COSMIC FORCES SHAPE OUR DESTINIES, ("Did the War Cause the Italian Earthquake") by Nikola Tesla
also at — How Cosmic Forces Shape Our Destinies — ("Did the War Cause the Italian Earthquake"), New York American, February 7, 1915  in which he states:
Quote from: Nicola Tesla
NATURAL FORCES INFLUENCE US
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Accepting all this as true let us consider some of the forces and influences which act on such a wonderfully complex automatic engine with organs inconceivably sensitive and delicate, as it is carried by the spinning terrestrial globe in lightning flight through space. For the sake of simplicity we may assume that the earth's axis is perpendicular to the ecliptic and that the human automaton is at the equator. Let his weight be one hundred and sixty pounds then, at the rotational velocity of about 1,520 feet per second with which he is whirled around, the mechanical energy stored in his body will be nearly 5,780,000 foot pounds, which is about the energy of a hundred-pound cannon ball.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The sun, having a mass 332,000 times that of the earth, but being 23,000 times farther, will attract the automaton with a force of about one-tenth of one pound, alternately increasing and diminishing his normal weight by that amount

Though not conscious of these periodic changes, he is surely affected by them.

The earth in its rotation around the sun carries him with the prodigious speed of nineteen miles per second . . . . .
From the above address.

From what I can gather, Tesla did not deny Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, just differed with Einstein's "curved spacetime" explanation of it.

Sure, Nicola Tesla had a lot of "different ideas", but he most certainly did not believe in a flat stationary earth.

Quote from: Fortune
Tycho Brahe warned heliocentric believers of the error in their model's. After he died, the model suddenly changed with no proof needed.
No, the model did not suddenly change. Many, including Galileo certainly believed that the earth rotated and Tycho Brahe was given the task of finding more accurate data, which he did.
Tycho Brahe did not accept the heliocentric model because even with his best measurements he could detect no stellar parallax.
This is understandable as Tycho Brahe could measure down to only 1' of arc but the largest stellar parallax is less than 0.8" of arc, over 1000 times smaller that Tycho Brahe could possibly see. In fact I have the greatest admiration for Tycho Brahe.

I hope that you realise that Tycho Brahe most certainly did not believe the earth to be flat or that the sun circled a short distance above the earth.

Quote from: Fortune
Reality was changed to fit the model, when we should basing the model on reality. Our model today, is basically what Tycho Brahe said was wrong about heliocentrism, with numbers moved around over time. Copernicus calculated the Sun's distance from Earth to be 3,391,200 miles. The next century Johannes Kepler decided it was actually 12,376,800 miles. Newton said, “It matters not whether we reckon it (The Sun) 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!

Rubbish! It's nothing of the sort. "Reality" was not changed!  A better model of the solar system was developed.
There was no way to measure the distance to the sun back then!
And it us quite true that “It matters not whether we reckon it (The Sun) 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!"
All matters for the basic model is that the sun is many times further away than the size of the earth.
Even those hundreds of years BC knew that much.

And if you check back you will find that Arastarchus "measured" the distance to the sun as 19 x distance to the moon.

And why the great discrepancies?
Would you, since you claim to be an authority on this suggest how the distance the sun might be measured without any optical aids like a telescope?
It wasn't till after Captain Cook's voyage to Tahiti a reasonably accurate measurement was made.

But, what about the height of your flat earth sun?
Our local "expert", Sandokhan claims it is 12 to 15 km high,
Samuel Birley Rowbotham, the patron saint of modern flat-earthism, claims that the sun is no more than 700 statute miles high and
Most flat-earthers seem to claim a "bit more than" 3000 miles based on a non-measurement by Voliva and others.

You are hardly one to make any accusations about changing measurements and you have all the modern equipment available.

You flat-earthers can't make up your mind on a map, gravity, sun height, the cause of lunar and solar eclipse and so many other things.

Macarios

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 04:55:58 AM »
Which model doesn't fit reality is only determined by comparison with reality.

When you can't fit distances along latitudes in southern hemisphere on Flat model.
When you can't explain tectonic plates, earthquakes and tsunamis.
When you can't explain existence and spin direction of cyclones and anticyclones without Coriolis effect.
When you can't explain different night skies for different seasons.
When you can't explain Aurora Australis and have to declare it "fake".
When you can't explain midnight sun in Antarctica and have to declare it "fake".
When you can't explain flights between any of cities like Santiago, Lima, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Perth, Wellington, Johannesburg, Antananarivo, and have to declare them "fake".
When you can't explain even shadow of horizon on mountain sides for sunrise and sunset without Sun being behind it.
When you can't reach the Moon by sending modified intercontinental balistic missile 3000 miles in the sky.
Heck, when you can't even measure obvious, simple thing like Sun's height above the ground.

For FE explanation of these and many other things you need different parameters in every different FE model.
For GE explanation of these and many other things you don't have to change parameters of GE model at all.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:59:31 AM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 05:25:42 AM »
What I can't work out is why Tesla seems to be held up as a hero by so many flat earthers or geocentrists.  He certainly did not believe the earth to be flat or stationary!
You can work this out Rab.  Tesla was at odds enough with the scientific community so that flat earthers and geocentrists can quote mine him for lots of little sound bites that make it appear as though they have Tesla on their side.  As long as they don't go too deeply, the reality of his beliefs don't matter any more than any of the other realities they reject.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 05:40:09 AM »
You can work this out Rab.  Tesla was at odds enough with the scientific community so that flat earthers and geocentrists can quote mine him for lots of little sound bites that make it appear as though they have Tesla on their side.  As long as they don't go too deeply, the reality of his beliefs don't matter any more than any of the other realities they reject.
No, it's go me baffled.
Tycho Brahe certainly believed in the Globe, though it was stationary in his system, yet flat earthers claim support from him.

Nicola Tesla certainly believe in the heliocentric Globe, he just violently disagreed with Einstein about GR, yet flat earthers look up to him as their hero.

It's got me stumped.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 06:02:14 AM »
No, it's go me baffled.
Tycho Brahe certainly believed in the Globe, though it was stationary in his system, yet flat earthers claim support from him.

Nicola Tesla certainly believe in the heliocentric Globe, he just violently disagreed with Einstein about GR, yet flat earthers look up to him as their hero.

It's got me stumped.
Just like the rest of their arguments, they select anything that supports them as evidence and simply discard the rest.

Brahe believed the Earth was stationary = proof of stationary Earth
Brahe believed the Earth was a globe = irrelevant

Tesla disagreed with Einstein about GR = proof Einstein is wrong about everything forever
Tesla believed in Heliocentrism = irrelevant

I have seen you catch them cherry picking too many times to believe you're legitimately stumped by them quote mining "celebrities".

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 06:57:00 AM »
I can understand why Rab is stumped by them. Some of these guys have a good amoung of intelligence. But to so easily discard facts even when thrown at them because they choose to believe in something they just have to know is unprovable? The sheer amount of stupidity and cognitive discordance required to believe in a flat earth is just.....well, it just leaves me stumped.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 07:10:55 AM »
I can understand why Rab is stumped by them. Some of these guys have a good amoung of intelligence. But to so easily discard facts even when thrown at them because they choose to believe in something they just have to know is unprovable? The sheer amount of stupidity and cognitive discordance required to believe in a flat earth is just.....well, it just leaves me stumped.

Well the rabbibot thinks that gravity causes a downward force that doesn't force things downwards.

So it's no surprise he's stumped by everything...

Plus nobody has a good "amoung" of intelligence, as there is no such word...

Plus "cognitive discordance"?

That's a new one!

Oh, and the OP has gone now...

So I don't even know who you're all trying to talk to.

Do you really not appreciate how mental your chatbot ramblings come across as?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 07:32:34 AM »

And you're talking to a bot?

Who are you trying to talk to?

You funny!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 07:41:06 AM »

And you're talking to a bot?

Who are you trying to talk to?

You funny!

So you admit SpaceCadet is a bot?

You even funnier!

Toodle-pip LOSER!

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 09:14:23 AM »

Well the rabbibot thinks that gravity causes a downward force that doesn't force things downwards.

That's a new one!

Wow.  You are really going out of your way to provoke Rab.  Interesting.
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »

That's a new one!

Wow. (Unnecessary double space exactly like Rayzor uses) You are really going out of your way to pretend Rab is not a bot. (Another unnecessary double space exactly like Rayzor uses) Not even slight interesting as the entire internet already knows this place is run by bots anyway.

And please tell us the job you claim to have again, micro-botter...

Building nuclear submarines or something, right?

Which you fit in between spamming a mad flat Earth forum 24/7/365?

Yeah - as if!

Just give it up ffs.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:15 PM »

That's a new one!

Wow. (Unnecessary double space exactly like Rayzor uses) You are really going out of your way to pretend Rab is not a bot. (Another unnecessary double space exactly like Rayzor uses) Not even slight interesting as the entire internet already knows this place is run by bots anyway.

Yeah - as if!

Just give it up ffs.
First, I learned to type in junior high school and I was taught two spaces after a period.  I’ve been typing that way for forty years.  Don’t know when it changed...don’t care.

Second, give what up?  I merely made an observation.

BTW, it is hilarious to see you complain about someone spamming the board.  I believe you'd probably be in the top ten for spamming.  I think I've seen more identical posts from you than most anyone here.  You're too funny. :D

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 01:49:09 PM »

That's a new one!

Yeah - as if!

Just give it up ffs.
First, I learned to type in junior high school and I was taught two spaces after a period.  I’ve been typing that way for forty years.  Don’t know when it changed...don’t care.

BTW, it is hilarious to see you complain about someone spamming the board.  I believe you'd probably be in the top ten for spamming.  I think I've seen more identical posts from you than most anyone here.  You're too funny. :D

Mike

Yeah, you learnt to type 40 years ago and now you've decided to devote your life to stamping out thought crime on a mad flat Earth forum which you coincidentally discovered by coincidence and where you coincidentally sound exactly like all the hundreds of other mad thought cops coincidentally infesting the place...

Whatever.

So, what exactly do you do for a living again?

Kinda missed that bit didntcha?

Do tell - I need a laugh.

rvlvr

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »
Do you have a job?

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 02:13:01 PM »

That's a new one!

Yeah - as if!

Just give it up ffs.

Mike

Yeah, you learnt to type 40 years ago and now you've decided to devote your life to stamping out thought crime on a mad flat Earth forum which you coincidentally discovered by coincidence and where you coincidentally sound exactly like all the hundreds of other mad thought cops coincidentally infesting the place...

Whatever.

I don't know why what I do for a living would make you laugh.  Since you asked twice it's seems important to you for some reason here ya go.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-bertelson-a4b22aaa/

Mike

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 02:52:40 PM »

That's a new one!

Yeah - as if!

Just give it up ffs.

Mike

Whatever.

I don't know why what I do for a living would make you laugh.  Since you asked twice it's seems important to you for some reason here ya go.

Mike

Cool story, bot.

Don't have confidentiality agreements where you work eh?

Unlike every single other high security military industrial company, everywhere, ever...

Besides, as nuclear subs, and the silly fireworks they allegedly carry, are both fake, then I don't see why the idiots who claim to engineer them should not also be fake....

Falsus in uno, you know?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsus_in_uno,_falsus_in_omnibus

?

ER22

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 04:20:26 PM »

That's a new one!

Yeah - as if!

Just give it up ffs.

Mike

Whatever.

Mike

Cool story, bot.

Unlike every single other high security military industrial company, everywhere, ever...

Besides, as nuclear subs, and the silly fireworks they allegedly carry, are both fake, then I don't see why the idiots who claim to engineer them should not also be fake....

Falsus in uno, you know?

Hey Papa, how's it hanging?
You are one funny MF'er ya know?

Let's recap, rockets in space don't work.
Nuclear subs with missiles are fake,
Nobody landed on the moon.
Gravity is a myth
And a spinning globe could only work with magic.
So you're not a big science fan.

And yet you're on a computer.
Hmm...
Show me a Flat Earth map that works.

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 04:37:42 PM »

That's a new one!

Yeah - as if!

Just give it up ffs.

Mike

Whatever.

Mike

Cool story, bot.

Falsus in uno, you know?

Of course, I have an NDA.  I also have a DoD clearance so that “agreement” would be federal law.  What are you implying?  At least have the balls to come out and say what you mean rather than hiding behind the vague bullshit you usually post.

Mike

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
That's right, and
Papa Legba still can't work out the difference between forcing something downwards and causing a downward force.
Talk about thick as a plank!

Well, Mr Papa Legba, think of it this way:
  • If I forced a steel bar downward into your head, you would probably be dead or maybe just have a non-voluntary frontal lobotomy!

• If I placed that steel bar onto your head and "caused a downward force" to be applied, you would probably just have a bad headache!
See, Mr Papa Legba, there can be a big difference,
though by the posts you make, I suspect that the non-voluntary frontal lobotomy has already been performed.

PS I won't ask for a vote on the preferred course of action, 1. or 2.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 05:27:34 PM »
Lol, Legba is tearing you motherfuckers a new one, lol.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 05:49:28 PM »
   Tycho Brahe warned heliocentric believers of the error in their model's. After he died, the model suddenly changed with no proof needed. Reality was changed to fit the model, when we should basing the model on reality.
So which changed, the model or reality?  Please make up your mind.  Do you even understand the difference between the model and reality?

Our model today, is basically what Tycho Brahe said was wrong about heliocentrism, with numbers moved around over time. Copernicus calculated the Sun's distance from Earth to be 3,391,200 miles. The next century Johannes Kepler decided it was actually 12,376,800 miles. Newton said, “It matters not whether we reckon it (The Sun) 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!
Tycho Brahe thought that it was a bad idea to update the model as better observations become available?  That doesn't sound right.

Again, are you sure that you understand the difference between a model and reality?  From the way that you're going on, I'm not entirely sure that you do.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 06:04:26 PM »
Lol, Legba is tearing you motherfuckers a new one, lol.
Such language from the supposedly God-fearing hoppy! Look what that Voodoo Priest has dragged you down to!

But Poppy Legless is just Haitian Vodou "Priest" see
Papa Legba is a loa in Haitian Vodou, who serves as the intermediary between the loa and humanity. He stands at a spiritual crossroads and gives (or denies) permission to speak with the spirits of Guinee, and is believed to speak all human languages. In Haiti, he is the great elocutioner.
Occasionally he escapes from custody and comes here to fool gullible people like you! Just be careful if you see this symbol:

Voodoo Symbols for Their Gods
So just be careful of this arch-deceiver:
Quote from: Andy Antippas
The Deity of Deception and Trikeration
was more than a Lar familiaris; it was more than the Christian serpent of Paradise; I came to understand it was a representation of Papa Legba of Haiti,  . . . . . the door opener, the gate keeper, the emperor of the crossroads, the emissary between the phenomenal realm and the divine. Legba is the promoter of verbal facility, of double talk, the arch deceiver, not malicious, but a jokester, a prankster--the preeminent trickster god.

If Papa Legba was not all these things, just why did he take on such a highly significant name?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:06:25 PM by rabinoz »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 01:59:21 AM »
Papa Legba still can't work out the difference between forcing something downwards and causing a downward force

No, I can't.

No one else I know can either.

There's only you, I'm afraid.

Anyhoo, ain't you got mad fraudulent experiments to inflict on us elsewhere in the forum?

Or are you just gonna try to defend that shit too, like your magical downwards force that doesn't force things downwards?

No wonder you think fairies are holding the moon in place!

rvlvr

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 02:04:29 AM »
I thought it was lunar prawn?

Actually, can you link me to the thread where they were discussed? I have not yet checked that part of FE theory.