Favorite YouTube channels

• 309 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
Re: Favorite YouTube channels
« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2020, 09:16:25 AM »
Because it's a tiny sliver of life surrounded by an endless ocean of emptiness and darkness.

And how cool we get to be that tiny sliver of life.

Not to get all hokey on you, but we're waves, man. We came from the ocean, we'll someday crash upon the shore and be gone, and we'll return to the ocean.

I see that you've seen the finale of The Good Place as well.  An excellent finale in my opinion.   That one was also equal parts beautiful and terrifying.

It is cool to be that sliver and I am grateful.  But I'm also very greedy and kind of like existing and I would strongly prefer that the things I love go on in some form or another in perpetuity even if I can't.  There are no egg mcMuffins in oblivion.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2020, 09:28:09 AM »
Because it's a tiny sliver of life surrounded by an endless ocean of emptiness and darkness.

At about the time I rejected religion (9yrs oldish) and therefor had to contemplate eternity not in the bosom of the psychopath that loved me, but as the “blackness of darkness forever”. I had terrible nightmares where both the extent of time I wouldn’t be here, in conjunction with my actual size in comparison to the physical universe, was revealed to me, ironically by that same god in the guise of the Parson that convinced me by his ineptitude, that his master didn’t exist.
The dream was in the form of an inward rushing feeling as the universe/god/parson tried to focus down on the infinitesimally small me, but it became apparent that no matter at what pace this concentration accelerated to, it would take forever and I would still be nothing, I had to fight to wake myself and dreaded sleep.

I don’t think I ever truly recovered.

That sort of reminds me of a nightmare I had where my employer explained to me that a recent service call I was on had cost them too much money and therefore he had to shoot me in the head.

I recall in the dream being killed but then I realized that I have no idea how to simulate my own death in a dream.  I mean, if death is a state that precludes thoughts then how does one imagine the experience by using thoughts?

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #302 on: December 17, 2020, 09:57:13 AM »
I see that you've seen the finale of The Good Place as well.  An excellent finale in my opinion.   That one was also equal parts beautiful and terrifying.

It is cool to be that sliver and I am grateful.  But I'm also very greedy and kind of like existing and I would strongly prefer that the things I love go on in some form or another in perpetuity even if I can't.  There are no egg mcMuffins in oblivion.

It's a great show!

No, but it's oblivion -- neither me nor you will notice the lack of Egg McMuffins. Besides, our existences only mean anything because they're so improbable and so, so infinitesimal.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #303 on: December 17, 2020, 11:50:43 AM »
Apparently the Egg McMuffins will be heavenly in heaven, just like the meth.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:26 AM »
This is another great Chinese channel, he makes stuff. He's got woodworking, blacksmithing, bamboo weaving, and cooking videos.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmCIhj7yzwmkPEIbip2KSA
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2021, 06:07:05 AM »

For military history I think this site is the dogs.

Here Mark Felton does little known snippets of history including when the UK twice nuked the US (training exercises)

Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

High Priestess of the “Society for the Promotion of Arbitrary Moderation” (SPAM)

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »

There's a valley in North Wales where Aircraft from all over the world come to practice low level flying, and of course there are people who go there to watch and make videos.

Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

High Priestess of the “Society for the Promotion of Arbitrary Moderation” (SPAM)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2021, 03:16:26 PM »

I'm hoping this sort of thing emerges into a new genre.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2021, 03:51:35 AM »

I'm hoping this sort of thing emerges into a new genre.

The "New Genre" is called . . . . .  GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BARN !!!!!

?

Eren