Arts & Entertainment - Rules & Guidelines

• 1 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
Arts & Entertainment - Rules & Guidelines
« on: October 31, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »
The Arts & Entertainment board is somewhere you can discuss books, movies, TV, music, sport, art, poetry, comics etc., as well as sharing your own films, writing, music, art or any other creative activity.

A key rule of the Arts & Entertainment board is that if someone posts their drawings, music, writings or anything else, any criticism should be constructive. If you don't know what constructive criticism is, it can be loosely defined as any criticism offered with the aim of improving (or aiding the improvement of) whatever is being criticised. Any criticism we consider to be without constructive value will be deleted, and the user may be suspended. However, by the same token, if you want to share your creative work here, you must be prepared to expose it to constructive criticism. People are entitled to express their opinions.

Posting here should be of a decent standard. In other words, posting should be closer in tone to the serious boards than Random Musings. Furthermore, the Arts & Entertainment board is a strictly troll-free zone. If people are just posting rubbish in order to be tongue-in-cheek or get a reaction, we won't hesitate to exercise our 'critical judgement' and remove such posts until people get the message. We may even suspend users if we feel it is necessary. Please use the board in the spirit intended.

As always, the Forum Rules apply to this board.

- Lord Wilmore
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:03:58 AM by Lord Wilmore »
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
Re: Arts & Entertainment - Rules & Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 07:13:20 AM »
Bump.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord