Revisiting a commonly presented image...

• 436 Replies

NAZA

Re: Revisiting a commonly presented image...
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2018, 08:43:55 PM »

Like I wrote earlier, you are being disingenuous, dishonest, and I am placing all AI bots on ignore from this post forward.

Let's put a couple of more nails in the coffin.

On this page you will find a model of the powerline
http://walter.bislins.ch/bloge/index.asp?page=Curvature+App%3A+Simulation+of+Globe-Earth+and+Flat-Earth&state=~~3~2000%211-0.055553412%2110%2141~9~4~128~38820~90~1%21231.875~-85.3125~-54.246909%212122.834~1%2110.17060685~-0.0065000004~0~1012.8897~14.9805%213#App

Click on Trsmline

You can see what it would look like if the earth were flat:

And curved:

And compare them:

Not enough?
Notice the large tower:

The base of the tower is missing in the round earth model but present in the flat earth model.

Here is a picture of that tower with the power line in the background:

And a picture of it with the power line to our backs:

There is a strip of land in front of the tower not visible in the photo:

Where is the bottom of the tower and the land?

It's behind the curve of course.

To summarize there are FIVE proofs of curvature in the image.

1.  The nearby distinct horizon.
2.  The powerline is curved and not because  of any distortion.
3.  The bottom of the large tower is below the horizon.
4.  The concrete pilings are curved and disappear after the horizon while the towers that they support are still visible.
5.  The waterline stains are curved and disappear after the horizon while the tops of the pilings are still visible.

Five proofs one pic.

Flat earth 0
Reality 5

Victory for round earth compliments of Lackey.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:15:52 PM by NAZA »

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »
Doesn't know what going on in the picture.
You've been shot down in flames.  Deal with it. 

« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2018, 03:34:47 AM »
A person standing on a sphere will not see any evidence of curvature (confirmed by simple math)  prior to the horizon.

Earlier in the thread, the now proven liar, NAZA, stated there were 22 towers to the horizon in OP photo.

Now look at the drawing he presents as evidence: Count the number of brown stanchions in the drawing allegedly reflecting curvature...looks like more than 22 to me!

Notice how the tops of the towers are reflecting an upward arc to the horizon and then sloping downwards...

If we were indeed on a ball of any size, an observer would not see this...

Go get bent, AI bot...disingenuous claptrap artist!

JackBlack

« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2018, 03:40:27 AM »
A person standing on a sphere will not see any evidence of curvature (confirmed by simple math)  prior to the horizon.
Why not?
You are yet to justify this

Notice how the tops of the towers are reflecting an upward arc to the horizon and then sloping downwards...
STOP REPEATING THE SAME BS AGAIN AND AGAIN!!
This has been explained to be crap to you repeatedly.

It isn't curving up. The red line is pointing down. The towers curve down.

NAZA

« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2018, 08:46:39 AM »
Why not?
You are yet to justify this

STOP REPEATING THE SAME BS AGAIN AND AGAIN!!
This has been explained to be crap to you repeatedly.

It isn't curving up. The red line is pointing down. The towers curve down.

Lackey knows that the red line is pointing down.
He also knows what this means, and he'd rather look dumb than admit the truth.

For anyone who is in doubt a level line can be created by extending a line that intersects two adjacent towers

The green line is a level line that intersects the first 2  towers. 
It can be ANY 2  adjacent towers:

The powerline curves DOWN from any level line you create. 

The red line points down because the top of the distant tower is LOWER than the first, proof of a globe earth.

An interesting side note:
Lackey is in another thread demanding an accurate scale model of solar system's movement thru the galaxy and ignores an accurate scale model of this powerline.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »
Any photograph which is provided for debate has to include the following: source of the photograph, altitude of the observer (if it is not specified then we take the worst case scenario, just as I have done with some of the images which featured lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby), distance to the desired visual target.

Now, here are real time videos which do not show any kind of a curvature across Lake Pontchartrain:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:25:05 AM by sandokhan »

NAZA

« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2018, 09:25:15 AM »
Any photograph which is provided for debate has to include the following: source of the photograph, altitude of the observer (if it is not specified then we take the worst case scenario, just as I have done with some of the images which featured lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby), distance to the desired visual target.

Now, here real time videos which do not show any kind of a curvature across Lake Pontchartrain:

Why do you continually post things that have been debunked?

I've already debunked one of those  debunks about this powerline so I won't even bother looking at your other crap.

The last video uses the WRONG powerline.

In other words, like you and your ilk he is deceitful.

He is using the shorter east/west line, not the north/south line in the images.

https://goo.gl/maps/W6hhGV5Y1PB2

Open in maps and you can see "street" view

You can also see this view from I10 if your brave/foolish enough to stop in the emergency lane. 

https://goo.gl/maps/qugHEQh3D7E2

He is plotting the powerline that branches off to the right not the one in the picture.

The correct line goes from the above link to here :

https://goo.gl/maps/CvhQPVi3hZK2

It is perpendicular to the interstate not parallel like in his video.
Check it out for yourself, it's perfectly straight for 15 miles.

Now how about discussing these issues instead of posting videos that you know are deceitful?

1.  The nearby distinct horizon.
2.  The powerline is curved and not because  of any distortion.
3.  The bottom of the large tower is below the horizon.
4.  The concrete pilings are curved and disappear after the horizon while the towers that they support are still visible.
5.  The waterline stains are curved and disappear after the horizon while the tops of the pilings are still visible.

What did you think about the scale model I linked to?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:30:24 AM by NAZA »

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:18 AM »
Please provide the following (if you have done that already, just list the link):

-original source for the photograph
-altitude of the observer (does the photographer mention that, or is it your estimate)
-distance to the desired visual target

Yes, the fourth video has the wrong powerline, no problem, that much is obvious, however I included it for the information it provides.

Now, here are the other three videos, real time images which no curvature at all across lake Pontchartrain:

NAZA

« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »
Please provide the following (if you have done that already, just list the link):

-original source for the photograph
-altitude of the observer (does the photographer mention that, or is it your estimate)
-distance to the desired visual target

Yes, the fourth video has the wrong powerline, no problem, that much is obvious, however I included it for the information it provides.

Exactly.
The information you provide is full of lies and deceit,  the backbone of the flat earth society.

Now, here are the other three videos, real time images which no curvature at all across lake Pontchartrain:

Do you even view the things that you post?

He are some screen grabs from the first video:

Where are the first floors of the houses?

Sure does look like that barge is sinking behind the horizon!

Spoiler: It's a video DEBUNKING flat earth.

You link to one video proving that the earth is flat and one proving that flatters are deceitful.

Perhaps you should bookmark this thread for reference for when you start whining again about being called an idiot.

We need an award for Flatters when they shoot themselves in the foot.
We can call it The Lackey.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:34:28 AM by NAZA »

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »
I don't think the RE have done their homework on this very well.

Here is the alleged video (soundly):

Now read the captions.

The user IS CHALLENGED BY THE RE themselves as to the origin of the video.

Here are some of the comments:

just curious - - why can we see that last transmission tower at 16 miles away (assuming picture taken from car on I-10 south end of lake where it crosses train tracks) almost in its entirety (over 100 ft shouldn't be visible).  seems that tower is exempt from the curve.  please check the math and maps for yourself.  that last wine bottle tower is indeed part of this chain. . . this picture is neither here nor there and proves nothing.  if you have a good answer please be polite and respectful.  i really am just curious and
would appreciate a good scientific explanation of what the heck is going on with this photo.  thanks.

JUST KEEP YOU EYES PEELED TO THE BASE OF THE FIRST 3-4 STUMPS AT AROUND 10 SECONDS ONWARDS, THEY ARE MOVING AROUND A LITTLE AND NONE OF THE OTHERS ARE, MAYBE ITS ABOUT TO FALL DOWN...........OR SOMEONE HAS TRIED TO FAKE IT LOOKING CURVED?????????
WHY ARE THE FOOTINGS MOVING AT THE BASE? THIS IS VERY BIZARRE IS IT ABOUT TO FALL OVER? COMPLETE FAKE. ABOUT 10 SECONDS IN WATCH THE FIRST 3 OR 4 BASES AND THEY WOBBLE AND MOVE.
IM ACTUALLY A PHOTOGRAPHER, AND KNOW ALL ABOUT EDITING, ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME YOUR HAND WAS SHAKING........HAHA, A SHAKEY HAND DOES NOT MAKE THE BOTTOM OF THE POSTS MOVE INDEPENDANT OF ONE ANOTHER, SORRY TO SPOT THAT BIT AND DRAW ATTENTION TO IT. FAKE AS F**K,  SO JUST TO BE CLEAR TO EVERYONE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE FOOTINGS OR BASE OF EACH POST ESPECIALLY THE 3
OR 4 CLOSEST TO THE CAMERA THEY MOVE VERY FUNNY IT IS AN OBVIOUS SIGN OF FAKERY, (NOW WHY WOULD ANYONE TRY TO FOOL YOU THE EARTH IS ROUND?????)

If that water looks real to you, you are insane, it moves along in slabs, obvious trickery, my eyes no longer can be fooled by fake shit.

The bridge curls downwards in a spiral into the water. BAD fake footage.

just ran it thru video forensics and it is clearly 100 percent manipulated, so again why would you have to fake the truth?

If you look really closely you can see where the photoshop was used to make it appear as the transmission lines are "curving" #NOTTODAYSCIENCE

Corhen , are you kidding ? Have you ever played a video game?  That is as CGI as it gets, with the the added ocean sounds and even birds in some.... No way is that a real video.

NO curvature across lake Pontchartrain:

Soundly accused of fakery by multiple users:

Where are the first floors of the houses?

You don't stand a chance with me on this one.

Here is the video:

Here is the caption:

nope....i can see the first floors. check out my video of the 15ft causeway bridge from 12 miles away...the tides are obscuring the shore...no curvature...should be hidden by at least 24 ft of water (the first video in this message)

SOUNDLY FAKED THE ORIGINAL VIDEO.

JUST KEEP YOU EYES PEELED TO THE BASE OF THE FIRST 3-4 STUMPS AT AROUND 10 SECONDS ONWARDS, THEY ARE MOVING AROUND A LITTLE AND NONE OF THE OTHERS ARE, MAYBE ITS ABOUT TO FALL DOWN...........OR SOMEONE HAS TRIED TO FAKE IT LOOKING CURVED?????????

Only you Naza could have been had by obvious CGI, is it now?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
totallackey, can you download the first video of my previous message, so that it can be kept as a reference in any future debates.

The fake photograph comes FROM A FAKE VIDEO.

JackBlack

« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2018, 12:22:07 PM »
Now, here are real time videos which do not show any kind of a curvature across Lake Pontchartrain:
Except they quote clearly do.
The first video shows a distant view of what is on a shore, with the bottoms missing, hidden behind the curve.

Good job proving the curve.

Unless the tides flood the houses, the tide can't explain it.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2018, 01:04:26 PM »
The photograph in this thread is fake.

It comes from a fake video.

As for the video I provided the data is very clear.

Curvature drop = 30 ft (on top of that we add the waves as well)

height of observer = 2 ft

At 6.8 miles you shouldn't even see the houses.

With an even better camera the entire shoreline would appear from top to bottom.

« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »
totallackey, can you download the first video of my previous message, so that it can be kept as a reference in any future debates.
Yes.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2018, 01:43:00 PM »

How desperate are you to use a video with blatant miraging?.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2018, 01:47:47 PM »
The meaning of desperation will become very clear to you once I bring into our discussion the photographs across the English Channel, across the strait of Gibraltar, across lake Ontario, and of course the Tunguska explosion.

Now, all of the RE have been had on a grand scale: the photograph is a fake, it comes from a fake video.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:50:11 PM by sandokhan »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2018, 01:53:05 PM »
The meaning of desperation will becomes very clear to you once I bring into our discussion the photographs across the English Channel, across the strait of Gibraltar, across lake Ontario, and of course the Tunguska explosion.

Now, all of the RE have been had on a grand scale: the photograph is a fake, it comes from a fake video.

We of course covered Tunguska explosion already. It was an meteor.
You can bring those pictures here if you want. They have also already been covered. Then I will bring in the mirages across the great lakes that happen 3 times a year instead of everyday like a FET predicts.
Also this:
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:29 PM »
We have been discussing sokarul for quite some time and have concluded that Sokarul is a chemist who collects urine.

Here are some quotes from sokarul, so that everybody can understand what is going on:

"You have to get over the fact that two things can be equal and not be the same thing.

A dead particle does not equal an alive particle.

It it theories water came from asteroids.

So the ground accelerates them, then why do they not leave the ground?

I wasn't thinking about the other type of acceleration."

Yet, he is allowed to post in the upper forums...

Meteor

No, it certainly could not have been a meteor.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1995521#msg1995521

JackBlack

« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
The photograph in this thread is fake.
Nope, its real and can be verified in reality.

But thanks for showing the best you can do is reject the evidence as you have no rational argument.

height of observer = 2 ft
Where are you pulling this shit from?

With an even better camera the entire shoreline would appear from top to bottom.
Prove it. I am yet to a single instance of a better camera magically being able to undo the curve.

The meaning of desperation will become very clear to you once I bring into our discussion the photographs across the English Channel, across the strait of Gibraltar, across lake Ontario, and of course the Tunguska explosion.
Yes, as you get desparate and continually bring up irrelavent crap rather than try to discsus the topic at hand, as you are desparate to pretend your FE delusions are correct and simply can't face reality.

Quit with the irrelavent BS and discuss the topic at hand.

If you have nothing to offer regarding the photo in the OP then leave.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2018, 03:47:56 PM »
We have been discussing sokarul for quite some time and have concluded that Sokarul is a chemist who collects urine.

Ypu believe in fake newstoo much. Explains alot.

Here are some quotes from sokarul, so that everybody can understand what is going on:

"You have to get over the fact that two things can be equal and not be the same thing.

A dead particle does not equal an alive particle.

It it theories water came from asteroids.

So the ground accelerates them, then why do they not leave the ground?

I wasn't thinking about the other type of acceleration."

Yet, he is allowed to post in the upper forums...
Have anything from the last 7 years?

Meteor

No, it certainly could not have been a meteor.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1995521#msg1995521

Yes, it was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2018, 03:53:24 PM »

;D ;D ;D Oh sure, says the man who claims:  ;D ;D ;D
The information in my messages is correct, as always.
Really? Justify these to any rational person !
Quote from: Sandokhan
Advanced Flat Earth Theory « Reply #410 on: August 09, 2017, 06:07:14 AM »
EARTH - SUN DISTANCE: 15-20 KILOMETERS
The Sun's diameter is some 600 meters:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The distance from Earth to the Sun is some 15-20 km.
and
Quote from: sandokhan, Flat Earth Believers / Advanced Flat Earth Theory on July 14, 2009, 11:59:41 PM
Flat Earth Theory is a subset of a larger topic: the new radical chronology of history.
The new chronology of history: the correct chronology starts in the year 1000 AD, nothing is known prior to 800 AD.

The new radical chronology of history: each and every event assumed to have taken place prior to 1780 AD has been totally forged/invented/falsified. History is just some 365 years old (I started with a figure of 500 years, and slowly reduced the period to 364-365 years).

Christ was crucified at Constantinople some 260 years ago, and the falsification of each and every known religious text begun soon after, in the period 1775-1790 AD.
The Deluge occurred some 310 years ago; while the dinosaurs were created a few decades earlier, after Adam and Eve joined the one million pairs of humans which already were living beyond the Garden of Eden.

I wouldn't waste my time replying to the trash you write!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NAZA

« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »
When all else fails play the CGI card.

Sandokhan,  did none of the voices in your head question why nobody else claimed  fake or CGI?

It is because unlike you, they are not total idiots and they did their homework.
As did Soundly.
You see Sandokhan,  Soundly is aware that the flat earth society is polluted with deceitful degenerates  like you that would lie about the video.

So he live streamed himself making the video, then driving to an internet cafe, then uploading the video.

So kindly take your fake CGI card and shove it back up your ass whence it came.

Now for a little salt for your foot wound.

Here is the image of the house from your video.

Where is the bottom of the house?

Since I am very familiar with the North Shore the house was easy for me to find.
https://goo.gl/maps/WWQ9nQLfv6K2

Here is a Google Street image of the house:

Notice that like most houses there is it is built on pilings to avoid flooding?
You can see daylight under the house, and it is elevated enough to park vehicles under it.

And while you are avoiding that question:

Where is the pier and the 2 story deck that is behind the house?

So thank you once again  for providing evidence that the earth is a globe.

Idiot child.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:57:58 PM by NAZA »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
;) ;) Probably a flood in Lake Pontchartrain and it's all underwater - like all the sinking ships over the horizon! ;) ;)

NAZA

« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2018, 07:58:09 PM »
;) ;) Probably a flood in Lake Pontchartrain and it's all underwater - like all the sinking ships over the horizon! ;) ;)

Dammit there goes New Orleans again!   :-[

The storm surge for hurricane Katrina wasn't near that high in the lake for what it's worth.

But as the levees get higher around NO the houses get higher on the North Shore.  Codes were raised to 17' elevations post Katrina if i recall correctly.

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2018, 08:25:40 PM »
... altitude of the observer...
And we all know how bad you are at estimating that factor.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2018, 10:24:42 PM »
In the well established tradition which started with Kepler (who faked all of the entries in his tables), the REtards are resorting to fake videos.

The following video is a complete fake (it doesn't matter where it was loaded from, livestream can be faked as well, please read: https://theoutline.com/post/3082/youtube-is-overrun-with-fake-livestreams?zd=1 and https://www.makeuseof.com/answers/create-fake-live-video/ ):

WHY ARE THE FOOTINGS MOVING AT THE BASE? THIS IS VERY BIZARRE IS IT ABOUT TO FALL OVER? COMPLETE FAKE. ABOUT 10 SECONDS IN WATCH THE FIRST 3 OR 4 BASES AND THEY WOBBLE AND MOVE.
IM ACTUALLY A PHOTOGRAPHER, AND KNOW ALL ABOUT EDITING, ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME YOUR HAND WAS SHAKING........HAHA, A SHAKEY HAND DOES NOT MAKE THE BOTTOM OF THE POSTS MOVE INDEPENDANT OF ONE ANOTHER, SORRY TO SPOT THAT BIT AND DRAW ATTENTION TO IT. FAKE AS F**K,  SO JUST TO BE CLEAR TO EVERYONE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE FOOTINGS OR BASE OF EACH POST ESPECIALLY THE 3
OR 4 CLOSEST TO THE CAMERA THEY MOVE VERY FUNNY IT IS AN OBVIOUS SIGN OF FAKERY, (NOW WHY WOULD ANYONE TRY TO FOOL YOU THE EARTH IS ROUND?????)

Soundly faked the damn videos.

The footings are moving at the base.

An obvious CGI.

Only someone like Naza who cannot discern a plainly faked/forged video, could argue that the shape of the Earth is round, while using A FAKE PHOTOGRAPH.

A total fakery on the part of the RE.

For that particular distance (6.8 miles) and the altitude of the observer (2 ft. as told by the author of the photograph) you get a drop of 30 ft. If we add the waves, then you get some 32 ft.

The entire house should not be seen in the photograph.

A total victory for the FE.

In fact here is the exact formula:

Pluggin in the numbers, we get 30.44 ft for the drop. No house could have been seen on a spherical Earth at all.

NOW HERE IS ANOTHER VIDEO SHOT BY THE SAME PERSON:

Distance 10.4 miles.

Drop = 66 ft.

https://www.aaroads.com/guides/lake-pontchartrain-cswy/

The bridge system travels at an average height of 15 and 16 feet over the brackish waters of Lake Pontchartrain. Incorporated into the design are three main ship passes, where the bridges elevate to a height of 25 feet.

On a spherical Earth, the Causeway bridge could not have been seen at all.

This thread is over.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:09:20 AM by sandokhan »

JackBlack

« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2018, 10:48:43 PM »
In the well established tradition which started with Kepler (who faked all of the entries in his tables), the REtards are resorting to fake videos.
Nope, it is a well established tradition that you will do whatever BS you can to avoid admitting your delusions are BS.

The following video is a complete fake
Nope. It's real and you can verify it yourself by going there.

JUST KEEP YOU EYES PEELED TO THE BASE OF THE FIRST 3-4 STUMPS AT AROUND 10 SECONDS ONWARDS, THEY ARE MOVING AROUND A LITTLE AND NONE OF THE OTHERS ARE
Nope. They seem just as stationary as the rest.

The fact that you can't decide how many it is shows you are just making shit up.

An obvious CGI.
Nope. CGI wouldn't have that problem.

For that particular distance (6.8 miles) and the altitude of the observer (2 ft. as told by the author of the photograph) you get a drop of 30 ft. If we add the waves, then you get some 32 ft.
That does not answer the question. ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!
WHERE IS THE BOTTOM OF THE HOUSE!!
It not being there refutes FE.
It is abysmal failure for FE, not a victory.

This thread is over.
Yes, you lose, repeatedly.
You have successfully proven beyond any reasonable doubt that Earth is in fact round, as evidenced by the missing sections of these objects.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2018, 10:55:14 PM »
The following video is a complete fake (it doesn't matter where it was loaded from, livestream can be faked as well, please read: https://theoutline.com/post/3082/youtube-is-overrun-with-fake-livestreams?zd=1 and https://www.makeuseof.com/answers/create-fake-live-video/ ):

Soundly faked the damn videos.

The three-four footings closest to the camera are moving at the base, while the others are not. A sure sign of fakery.

An obvious CGI.

Distance 10.4 miles.

Drop = 66 ft.

https://www.aaroads.com/guides/lake-pontchartrain-cswy/

The bridge system travels at an average height of 15 and 16 feet over the brackish waters of Lake Pontchartrain. Incorporated into the design are three main ship passes, where the bridges elevate to a height of 25 feet.

On a spherical Earth, the Causeway bridge could not have been seen at all.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:10:20 AM by sandokhan »

JackBlack

« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2018, 10:59:27 PM »
Sandy, repeating the same refuted BS again doesn't magically make it true.
Either respond to what has been said, or get lost.

NAZA

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2018, 05:41:55 AM »
More lies fom Sandokhan the Lying King.

He is purposely using the wrong formula in the same post that he accuses others of impossible fakery.

Here is the truth:

Distance = 6.8 Miles (35904 Feet), View Height = 2 Feet (24 Inches) Radius = 3959 Miles (20903520 Feet)

Results ignoring refraction

Horizon = 1.73 Miles (9144.07 Feet)

Bulge = 7.71 Feet (92.5 Inches)

Drop = 30.83 Feet (370.01 Inches)

Hidden= 17.13 Feet (205.54 Inches)

Horizon Dip = 0.025 Degrees, (0.0004 Radians)

With Standard Refraction 7/6*r, radius = 4618.83 Miles (24387440 Feet)

Refracted Horizon = 1.87 Miles (9876.73 Feet)

Refracted Drop= 26.43 Feet (317.15 Inches)

Refracted Hidden= 13.89 Feet (166.66 Inches)

Refracted Dip = 0.023 Degrees, (0.0004 Radians)

Thirty feet is the drop from a horizontal tangent it is NOT what is hidden behind the horizon.
His 30' lie is the green line the red line is the truth.

So, 14' should be hidden, just as we see.

So we've caught The Lying King being deceitful once  again and these lies have once again helped prove that the earth is a globe.

We may have to rename that award The Sandy.