Why does Antarctica and other southern countries get 'midnight sun' ?

• 38 Replies

Pizza Planet

• Flat Earth is just a theory

If the sun really does circle above a circle earth, then why does the sunlight make such a unusual pattern? My understanding is it should remain constant throughout the year? Does it have to do with the dome? Why does it make such an unusual change?

Pizza Planet

Re: Why does Antarctica and other southern countries get 'midnight sun' ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 02:48:08 AM »
Rio Grande in Argentina for example is located at 53° S and right now is experiencing 17 hours of daylight.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/argentina/rio-grande

Pizza Planet

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 01:01:59 AM »
no answers??? I thought this should be an easy question to answer, looks like you flatties are as dumb as a pile of bricks! Good luck!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 01:17:33 AM »
no answers??? I thought this should be an easy question to answer, looks like you flatties are as dumb as a pile of bricks! Good luck!
But a pile of bricks has some practical value.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 02:23:06 AM »

We have not live in antarctica. there is no evidence to prove that thing you say is true. Some say something. do we have to answer every nonsence every time? "Antarctica and other countries" is basically a nonsence, because Antarctica isin't a country, nor a continent and we have not to get serious this nonsence question.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Pizza Planet

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 02:46:08 AM »

We have not live in antarctica. there is no evidence to prove that thing you say is true. Some say something. do we have to answer every nonsence every time? "Antarctica and other countries" is basically a nonsence, because Antarctica isin't a country, nor a continent and we have not to get serious this nonsence question.

lol, tell me you're joking, no evidence??? Thats like saying Africa doesn't exist because you haven't been there, this is easily confirmable evidence that would of been debunked hundreds of years ago if it were lies. Obviously you have no answer, no surprise.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 02:54:18 AM »

And how would you know, Mr Brotherhood of the Dome, when did you travel all 112,000 km around the Ice-Wall to prove it really there?

If you have not done that you have no evidence that Antarctica does not look like this:

The International Trans-Antarctica Expedition,
1989-1990 - Route
The The International Trans-Antarctica Expedition crossed Antarctica on the route shown, so they have been there.
But, Mr Brotherhood of the Dome, you haven't been to Antarctica, so why should anyone believe what you say?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 02:56:07 AM »

lol, tell me you're joking, no evidence??? Thats like saying Africa doesn't exist because you haven't been there, this is easily confirmable evidence that would of been debunked hundreds of years ago if it were lies. Obviously you have no answer, no surprise.

First you should change your question. Antarctica neither a qountry, nor a continent. You are asking something isin't exist. This is a perception management and we should not have to be a pawn in your game. If you wait for respect, first you should show it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rvlvr

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 03:05:08 AM »
"First you should change your question. Antarctica neither a qountry, nor a continent. You are asking something isin't exist"

This does not invalidate the question in any way. Do not be stupid.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:34 AM »
Clone of a bitch detected.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 03:28:04 AM »

First you should change your question. Antarctica neither a qountry, nor a continent. You are asking something isin't exist. This is a perception management and we should not have to be a pawn in your game. If you wait for respect, first you should show it.
Regardless of previous posts between the two of you, he does bring up a good point.  It's your opinion that Antarctica is not a continent but you don't provide any evidence to the contrary.  Anyone with enough cash can take tours of Antarctica and thousands have.  First, that is evidence that people have been there very recently and could easily report what they've seen.  Second, anyone who believes in a flat earth can take such a tour and report what they've seen but as of yet nobody has.

Until there is a flat earther here who has taken such a tour you can't definitively claim that there is no such place as Antarctica and that i's merely an ice wall.  At least that seems logical to me.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 03:33:42 AM »

Regardless of previous posts between the two of you, he does bring up a good point.  It's your opinion that Antarctica is not a continent but you don't provide any evidence to the contrary.  Anyone with enough cash can take tours of Antarctica and thousands have.  First, that is evidence that people have been there very recently and could easily report what they've seen.  Second, anyone who believes in a flat earth can take such a tour and report what they've seen but as of yet nobody has.

Until there is a flat earther here who has taken such a tour you can't definitively claim that there is no such place as Antarctica and that i's merely an ice wall.  At least that seems logical to me.

Mike

Oppositely I can offer there is no such place as Antarctica till one of FE believer travel around it and report it as a continent. Such an event never happened. None of 50 millions believer agreed it after a travel. Stop to act as a bunch of clons.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 03:34:40 AM »
There are plenty of cruise ships that run off the coast of Antarctica that experience incredibly long days and occasionally even midnight suns. Ushuaia, Argentina experiences 18 hour days near the December solstice.
Nullius in Verba

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 03:35:18 AM »
There are plenty of cruise ships that run off the coast of Antarctica that experience incredibly long days and occasionally even midnight suns. Ushuaia, Argentina experiences 18 hour days near the December solstice.

prove it is so.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pizza Planet

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:49 AM »

prove it is so.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/argentina/ushuaia

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 03:55:33 AM »

prove it is so.

https://www.polarcruises.com/antarctica?mm_campaign=485D87F841FB2962CDAE4DA47CAA0F31&keyword=antarctic%20cruises&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Antarctica%20Cruises%20-%20Exact%20Bing&utm_term=antarctic%20cruises&utm_content=Antarctica%20Cruises

Or do you mean Ushuaia? There's no need for me to prove a thing thanks to the magic of live webcams!  See for yourself.
Nullius in Verba

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 04:03:13 AM »
Clone of a bitch detected.

Why are you resorting to name calling tactics? Why can't you make a respectful and convincing rebuttal?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 04:06:19 AM »

Mike

Oppositely I can offer there is no such place as Antarctica till one of FE believer travel around it and report it as a continent. Such an event never happened. None of 50 millions believer agreed it after a travel. Stop to act as a bunch of clons.
I’m not sure what a clon is?

I’m not trying to be argumentative.  I’m merely trying to engage in a discussion.  I apologize if you’re taking it as some kind of attack.  This is a debate forum so I kinda thought that’s what I was doing.

There are many tours and excursions that people have and continue to take to Antarctica.  They have posted their vacation pictures and videos on the web for all to see.  There are several companies who specialize in such tours.

Due to these tours/excursions there is evidence that Antarctica is a continent.  Further, this evidence is verifiable by anyone who wishes to take the tours.

So, the point I was trying to make is that there is circumstantial but verifiable evidence that says Antarctica is a continent.  I was hoping you’d provide some evidence to the contrary.

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 04:06:31 AM »

prove it is so.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/argentina/ushuaia

This is not a proof. Just a link. You can't prove it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 04:08:00 AM »
Half of persons in this topic are nothing but clons. I don't have to deal with it. Clons nonsences are supporting other clon nonsences. Nonsence + nonsence= 2 nonsences.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rvlvr

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 04:08:26 AM »
Am I wrong in assuming flat earthers do not travel that much?

EDIT: It is "clones". But I can assure you I am not a clone of anyone, except, maybe, my parents to some extent. Aged 42, live in Finland, and still not quite sure what to make of flat earthers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:11:12 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 04:09:17 AM »
Half of persons in this topic are nothing but clons. I don't have to deal with it. Clons nonsences are supporting other clon nonsences. Nonsence + nonsence= 2 nonsences.
I'm sorry you feel that way.  I was trying to have a respectful discussion.  BTW, what is a clon?

Mike

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 04:10:15 AM »
While we're at it, I present to you the South Pole Webcam!

Track their daylight hours yourself. Currently it's pretty cloudy, but clearly daylight. Sunset is in about 2 1/2 months.

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spWebCam.cfm
Nullius in Verba

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 04:12:17 AM »
Am I wrong in assuming flat earthers do not travel that much?

EDIT: It is "clones". But I can assure you I am not a clone of anyone, except, maybe, my parents to some extent. Aged 42, live in Finland, and still not quite sure what to make of flat earthers.

I suspect they don't interact much with their fellow humans at all.
Nullius in Verba

rvlvr

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 04:12:32 AM »

Track their daylight hours yourself. Currently it's pretty cloudy, but clearly daylight. Sunset is in about 2 1/2 months.

Just cheap CGI, man.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 04:15:19 AM »
You know what you are. You are just cheap CGI supporters. This is the value of yourself.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 04:16:12 AM »

Just cheap CGI, man.
Perkele.

(That's the only Finnish word I know.)
Nullius in Verba

rvlvr

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 04:17:23 AM »
"With vision and determination,nothing is imposible"

Verily!

EDIT: Perkele is a good one. Was voted the best curse word here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkele
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:19:52 AM by rvlvr »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 04:20:50 AM »
Although all of your evilness, I'm still continue due my operations. None of you has the capacity of stop me. Because you are nothing but a bunch of Perkele's slaves.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1