Crappy recognition of when posts are made

• 7 Replies
Crappy recognition of when posts are made
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:59:04 AM »
My first post of the day today was greeted with the message "Your last post was less than 30 seconds ago". No it wasn't.
Waiting a bit and trying to post it later got the message "You've already submitted this post" (this always comes up in this situation) and yet going to look at the thread, the post isn't ever there.
Please fix this dumb system that doesn't detect things properly.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
Re: Crappy recognition of when posts are made
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 12:36:30 PM »
Go over to the other site. Their system has no glitches. You can join in on boring conversations about other conversations they had on IRC or some dumb shit.

“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »
My first post of the day today was greeted with the message "Your last post was less than 30 seconds ago". No it wasn't.
Waiting a bit and trying to post it later got the message "You've already submitted this post" (this always comes up in this situation) and yet going to look at the thread, the post isn't ever there.

Are you posting from your phone?  I get this message a lot when I do that.  Sometimes opening a new tab and posting from there helps.

But, yeah.  I've run into this and it's really annoying.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:03:06 PM »

Are you posting from your phone?  I get this message a lot when I do that.  Sometimes opening a new tab and posting from there helps.

But, yeah.  I've run into this and it's really annoying.

I don't post from my phone.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:42:52 PM »
I've had the same exact problem. I have to go back, copy the text from my post, go back again so I'm back in the original thread instead of the new post screen, wait a couple minutes, then finally submit my post. And I'm usually just pasting text into the Quick Reply thing at the bottom of the page at that point.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
Sometimes, when things are running wanky, I'll copy and paste my reply into notepad so I don't need to rewrite the reply when <POST> fails.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »
I've had the same exact problem. I have to go back, copy the text from my post, go back again so I'm back in the original thread instead of the new post screen, wait a couple minutes, then finally submit my post. And I'm usually just pasting text into the Quick Reply thing at the bottom of the page at that point.

Have you tried using a f*cking feather quill instead? ;)

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 05:52:00 PM »
I don't use feather quills, regardless of whether they are sexually active or not.