One more elephant

• 46 Replies

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
One more elephant
« on: December 23, 2017, 01:19:13 AM »
Yet another elephant in the room appeared when Yesterday Space X launched their latest mission’ witnessed by millions. The really far out con trail raised a few eyebrows and possibly sparked a new conspiracy or two. Given that, there will still be people who choose to believe in things they can’t see, like a shadow object, and deny what what can be seen like the spectacular launch of the latest space X.
There are so many great shots of this go look. A single event like this renders every FE argument null and void. The only options are accept reality or strap that tin foil hat on even tighter.
How incredibly stupid must all the FE believers feel when they witness such an event? Their self denial circuits must be in overdrive dreaming up even more self delusion excuses. I wonder how many of them use the Iridium network!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:37:10 AM by Nightsky »
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
Re: One more elephant
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 02:42:37 AM »
They know the earth is a globe.
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 03:11:06 AM »
Oh that is awsome the spacex rocket flew around farting out car sized satellites for us to marvel after. Then they phoned home to let everyone know they were ok. A perfect little fairy tale.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/12/23/spacex-launch-dazzles-delivering-10-more-satellites-for-iridium/

SpaceX confirmed all 10 of the Iridium Next satellites, each about the size of a compact car and weighing about 1,896 pounds (860 kilograms), radioed ground controllers after arriving in orbit.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 03:37:02 AM »
Oh that is awsome the spacex rocket flew around farting out car sized satellites for us to marvel after. Then they phoned home to let everyone know they were ok. A perfect little fairy tale.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/12/23/spacex-launch-dazzles-delivering-10-more-satellites-for-iridium/

SpaceX confirmed all 10 of the Iridium Next satellites, each about the size of a compact car and weighing about 1,896 pounds (860 kilograms), radioed ground controllers after arriving in orbit.
And those same satellites will be used for the new "Satellite-Retransmitted" ADS-B system.

If you don't know the significance of that, don't you worry about it, but it might prevent a recurrence of the MH370 mystery.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 03:50:02 AM »

And those same satellites will be used for the new "Satellite-Retransmitted" ADS-B system.

If you don't know the significance of that, don't you worry about it, but it might prevent a recurrence of the MH370 mystery.
Your touted GPS should have already done that, correct?

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 03:50:18 AM »
Fun fact: The Iridium Network of satellites are in polar orbits. That means they orbit over both the North and South poles.
Nullius in Verba

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 04:13:26 AM »

GPS is one-way. While it helps aircraft know where they are, other methods are needed to track them.

Macarios

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 11:32:49 AM »

GPS system is set of transmitters that send signals to determine your position.
They don't require and don't receive any return signals.

They work the same way as lighthouses.
Ship can see the lighthouse and know own position, but lighthouse doesn't know the location of the ship.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 11:51:34 AM »

lol ...."YOUR touted GPS..."....

How completely closed off and miserable are you, really?

Try this, the first step might be really hard for you....
1) go outside
2) use one of the millions of affordable GPS devices available
3) go somewhere.

Did the shit work?  You bet your ass it did.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 03:00:33 PM »
My cell phone knows where it is, even with the GPS turned off. 

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »

GPS signals may be unavailable in your step-dads basement.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »
Out at sea beyond the range of the cell phone towers it won't be able to determine its position.
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 03:28:46 PM »
It is kind of convenient that they are programed that way, is it not? 

Nightsky

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »

But do you?
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 03:40:01 PM »
But my hand-held Garmin can.

It is kind of convenient that it works in aircraft and on board ship hundreds of miles from any cell phone towers, is it not?

?

dutchy

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »

Are they available on stage at your local bar ?  8)

Crutchwater

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »

Are they available on stage at your local bar ?  8)

You've had a couple months, and this is all you can come up with??

I'll try it on New Years Eve when I'm getting paid $500.00 to do what I love doing!
Before you ask, yes, it does work at McDonalds, so you have no excuse for being late for work! ;D

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 10:28:25 PM »

It is kind of convenient that it works in aircraft and on board ship hundreds of miles from any cell phone towers, is it not?
Garmins do not work in airplanes.
God is real.                                         

Nightsky

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 12:11:44 AM »

It’s still there. A rocket witnessed by millions blasted off and delivered a bunch of satelites.  The reaction of flat earth believers is to deny it took place, and go on to make stuff up.
The clue about how satelite phones work is in the name.
https://www.g-comm.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2348529&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhuTU9Jii2AIVhLftCh25iwRmEAAYASAAEgLD2fD_BwE

While they deny the existance of mobile handsets they claim to be able to see magic molecules.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Jane said these

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 01:48:32 AM »

I don"t deny there is  system that is called GPS, I use it and it works. What I deny is the ridiculous story above.
 Do you really think this happened??? I feel sorry for you if you do.
God is real.                                         

Nightsky

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2017, 04:21:11 AM »

I don"t deny there is  system that is called GPS, I use it and it works. What I deny is the ridiculous story above.

If you took you blinkers off you might see it too.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Jane said these

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2017, 07:16:38 AM »

What makes you think it didn't happen?

?

dutchy

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »

Elon Musk himself shared this picture he took on facebook  ::) ::) ::)..........who could ever doubt the Iridium satellites are in orbit right now.

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »
what kind of optical zoom do you need to see a satellite orbiting? my digital camera goes up to 105x optical, great for the moon but I have not spotted a satalite yet is it because they would be too small? Thankyou

Crutchwater

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2017, 12:12:59 PM »
.....who could ever doubt the Iridium satellites are in orbit right now.

Only your basic conspiracy fucktard... You know the type...

Me, on the other hand, I have seen many of the Iridium Constellation with my own eyes. They are highly reflective, and a regular entry on my satellite tracker app. Next up is Iridium 67, visible Tuesday at 7:26 pm EST, travelling north to south.

?

ER22

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2017, 12:25:13 PM »
Recap of this thread so far.

Nightsky posts about spacex launch
Hoppy responds with "Perfect little fairy tale"

tlackey misinterprets the way GPS works
EMShrimp brings up hilarious fun fact.
Several explain GPS.

jroa misinterprets how cell phones work.
Lugger attempts to explain cell towers.
jroa misinterprets how cell phones work.

Some jokes and put downs are next.
Hoppy says Garmins don't work on airplanes.

Nightsky restates her point.
Hoppy admits GPS works (GPS means Global Positioning System)
But feels sorry for us who believe in the launch.

Dutchy posts a picture allegedly taken by musk.

As Spock would say
Fascinating.

Show me a Flat Earth map that works.

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2017, 01:57:22 PM »

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

?

dutchy

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 02:46:53 PM »

Only your basic conspiracy fucktard... You know the type...

Me, on the other hand, I have seen many of the Iridium Constellation with my own eyes. They are highly reflective, and a regular entry on my satellite tracker app. Next up is Iridium 67, visible Tuesday at 7:26 pm EST, travelling north to south.
What were you saying ? you have appetite on your cracker wrap ?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2017, 04:20:17 PM »

What were you saying ? you have appetite on your cracker wrap ?
You seem to that think that your expertise in graphics analysis exceeds that of Nvidia, the ultimate experts in CGI!
If you research 9/11 and Apollo your ''math and physics and chemistry and so on''' simply do not behave accordingly in those events.
That is not going off the rail, that is pointing out the gap between scientific facts and events that defy that scientific facts on all accounts.... .
Compare your 'math and physics' with NVIDIA's 'math and physics' from this video:

NVidia Debunks Conspiracy Theories About Moon Landing
You are so smart that at a glance you (imagine you) can tell that a photo "looks a fake" when you haven't the slightest idea what it should look like.

What a joke you are Mr Know-it-All Dutchy!

And all for nothing, because NASA had nothing at all to do with the earth being a great big Globe.
Here, this treatise on the earth and heavens from the 13th century, "Tractatus de Sphaera (On the Sphere of the World) " by Johannes de Sacrobosco strongly supports the Globe. You might read in some time.

That sure predates NASA!

?

frenat

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »

Why do you lie?