Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: January 06, 2007, 02:31:02 PM

Please

• 22 Replies
?

Jutsu

Please
« on: January 06, 2007, 02:31:02 PM »
Firstly I'd like to say disregard my name. Its a long story.

Secondly (and this is NOT an angry rant), I'd like to know why you believe the earth is flat. Even against todays culture and what is at least said to be scientific proof, I find it amazing that you all still stand strong on this belief. I mean absolutely no hostility in this, I would just like to know.

EDIT: Also, If someone who is able to change my name reads this, please  PM me.

?

GeoGuy

Please
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
We came to the conclusion of Earth's shape based on personal observation and experimentation. If you want evidence of Earth's flatness, please read Samuel Rowbotham's Earth not a Globe. A link to which can be found in the FAQ.

Please
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »
As any average person with anything abovce that of 1.0 IQ level must know, the Earth is frigging round. No question. There is not a 150 foot tall wall of ice surrounding a disc, and the Sun and moon are not mere miles above. And also, there is not any global conspiracy to hide the Earth being round. You are worse than retarded if you believe anything that the FES, or Fake Earth Society says. I gurantee you that anything that they say constitutes as proof has been or will be shown as wrong by the members of the greater scientific community. Finally, I wish to state that I am a devout Catholic and conservative American who doesn't believe in cospiracies, except for the opne that is trying to say that the Earth is flat. And the one that says that gays are equal. EDIT: Please note that I don't mean this last sentence, just proving a point.

?

Jutsu

Please
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 02:37:17 PM »
I'll be sure to take a look at that. I never like to hold an arguement without sufficient knowledge of my opponent.

Kwaun Se, I appreciate your input, but please I ask you do not be hostile. Far to many people believe that they appear superior just because they are superiorly ignorant. Although, In concept I agree.

Please
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:23:08 PM »
Quote from: "Kwaun Se"
As any average person with anything abovce that of 1.0 IQ level must know, the Earth is frigging round. No question. There is not a 150 foot tall wall of ice surrounding a disc, and the Sun and moon are not mere miles above. And also, there is not any global conspiracy to hide the Earth being round. You are worse than retarded if you believe anything that the FES, or Fake Earth Society says. I gurantee you that anything that they say constitutes as proof has been or will be shown as wrong by the members of the greater scientific community. Finally, I wish to state that I am a devout Catholic and conservative American who doesn't believe in cospiracies, except for the opne that is trying to say that the Earth is flat. And the one that says that gays are equal. EDIT: Please note that I don't mean this last sentence, just proving a point.

Where’s the evidence that the Earth is round? The book linked to in the FAQ directly refutes quite a few of them, and includes some evidence that the Earth must be flat as well. You should link to some evidence to prove your point.
I haven’t seen any scientist directly refute FE. Please provide some examples with links.
It doesn’t matter what you believe, it matters that someone believes. Just because you believe in something, doesn’t mean you’re right.

Please
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 10:13:48 AM »
Ok. Fine. I'll say right now taht you cannot actually believe the Earth is flat, and the real purpose of this site is to show how hard it can be to prove somethign to certain people. Because you'd have to be retarded to think there is a giant Ice Wall surrounding the ocean and continents.

?

Jie

Please
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »
Ok. Fine. I'll say right now taht you cannot actually believe the Earth is flat, and the real purpose of this site is to show how hard it can be to prove somethign to certain people. Because you'd have to be retarded to think there is a giant Ice Wall surrounding the ocean and continents.

So, you're saying that if someone has a belief that's different from yours, it must be caused by a brain defect or learning disorder. Hmm... I think that says more about you than about FEers.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow, a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it's called the present" -- Master Oogway, from Kung Fu Panda

Please
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
Just out of curiousity, how would IQ level determine your understanding of the worlds shape?

As far as I know your IQ only represents your ability to solve puzzles and how quickly you learn things and has nothing to do with being educated.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

Please
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:21:11 PM »
Quote from: "Jie"

So, you're saying that if someone has a belief that's different from yours, it must be caused by a brain defect or learning disorder. Hmm... I think that says more about you than about FEers.

Actually I didn't say that. But to believe something this outlandish yes it MUST be caused by a learning defect or brain disorder.

Secondly, I know what IQ is, and I was using it because anyone with the ability to function normally in society would KNOW the planet we live on is in fact round. There is no debate. Just a bunch of crazies trying to not fit in because of their social problems.

Please
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 12:39:35 PM »

Actually I didn't say that. But to believe something this outlandish yes it MUST be caused by a learning defect or brain disorder.

Secondly, I know what IQ is, and I was using it because anyone with the ability to function normally in society would KNOW the planet we live on is in fact round. There is no debate. Just a bunch of crazies trying to not fit in because of their social problems.

-sigh-

The irony is that you obviously don't know what IQ is otherwise you would not have used it. You make an excuse for using it because you had no clue what it meant. And if you did know what IQ represents, then that makes you even dumber then previously suggested.

There is no outlandish belief here. Merely a theory that has yet to be proven false or true. What makes it outlandish? Just because others believe in something you don't... I'm sure Christians think in a similiar way about Jews or Mormans.

The only thing that makes it outlandish is your inability to think outside your tiny box.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

Please
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 02:27:22 PM »
Quote from: "Wolfwood"

-sigh-

The irony is that you obviously don't know what IQ is otherwise you would not have used it. You make an excuse for using it because you had no clue what it meant. And if you did know what IQ represents, then that makes you even dumber then previously suggested.

There is no outlandish belief here. Merely a theory that has yet to be proven false or true. What makes it outlandish? Just because others believe in something you don't... I'm sure Christians think in a similiar way about Jews or Mormans.

The only thing that makes it outlandish is your inability to think outside your tiny box.

Actually, the earth WAS PROVEN round when we sent the first photographic satellite into space. But cazy people assume there is a conspiracy, which there is not, and outlandish theories happen. And I do know what IQ is, and did when I posted it.

Please
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »
Actually, the earth WAS PROVEN round when we sent the first photographic satellite into space. But cazy people assume there is a conspiracy, which there is not, and outlandish theories happen. And I do know what IQ is, and did when I posted it.

Show us the evidence that the Earth was proven round. Good ’ol Rowbotham already proved many of those experiments false (Earth: Not A Globe)

And where’s your evidence that the satellite existed and went into space?

Please
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »
My evidence I believe is either currently still in orbit around the Earth or in a musuem somewhere. And what about the people that have DIED REENTERING EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE? YOU ARE

A) DISGRACING THEMN WITH YOUR CRAZY PEOPLE THEORY,
AND
B) SAYING THAT THERE WAS NOT A ROCKET EXPLOSION UPON REENTRY OF THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE WHICH IS A TOTAL LIE BECAUSE IF IN FACT THERE WERE A CONSPIRACY, MEDIA NETWORKS EVERYWHERE WOULD HAVE DISCOVERED IT WHILE LOOKING FOR DIRT ON EITHER OF THE CRASHES YOU IDIOTS.

Please
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 02:44:16 PM »
My evidence I believe is either currently still in orbit around the Earth or in a musuem somewhere. And what about the people that have DIED REENTERING EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE? YOU ARE

AND
B) SAYING THAT THERE WAS NOT A ROCKET EXPLOSION UPON REENTRY OF THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE WHICH IS A TOTAL LIE BECAUSE IF IN FACT THERE WERE A CONSPIRACY, MEDIA NETWORKS EVERYWHERE WOULD HAVE DISCOVERED IT WHILE LOOKING FOR DIRT ON EITHER OF THE CRASHES YOU IDIOTS.

Re-entering the Earth’s atmosphere, eh? Many people have “disgraced” people through scientific theory in the past. Einstein disgraced Newton, after all.

And even though people found debris, it doesn’t mean that the explosion happened. They could’ve been planted.

And even if the explosion did happen, it could’ve been staged, and the astronauts could’ve died otherwise.

And I don’t see any evidence yet that “is either currently still in orbit around the Earth or in a musuem somewhere”.

Please
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »
Quote from: "zaudragon"

AND

Re-entering the Earth’s atmosphere, eh? Many people have “disgraced” people through scientific theory in the past. Einstein disgraced Newton, after all.

And even though people found debris, it doesn’t mean that the explosion happened. They could’ve been planted.

And even if the explosion did happen, it could’ve been staged, and the astronauts could’ve died otherwise.

And I don’t see any evidence yet that “is either currently still in orbit around the Earth or in a musuem somewhere”.

Wow you are really a hater. If the families heard you say that, I doubt that you'd have a penny left in your bank. Secondly, you should have respect, they DIED. Thirdly, you completely underestimate the lengths to whcih news medias will go to to uncover something like a rocket crash. Every detail would have been scoured, then reused and redug on the date of the crash in rememberance. And they couldn't have been bribed because there are too many people involved. Finally, I'm talking about any satellite that has rentered or been launched from and to Earth. And there ARE satellites, because there's a real-time satellite on Google Earth.

Please
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »
Wow you are really a hater. If the families heard you say that, I doubt that you'd have a penny left in your bank. Secondly, you should have respect, they DIED. Thirdly, you completely underestimate the lengths to whcih news medias will go to to uncover something like a rocket crash. Every detail would have been scoured, then reused and redug on the date of the crash in rememberance. And they couldn't have been bribed because there are too many people involved. Finally, I'm talking about any satellite that has rentered or been launched from and to Earth. And there ARE satellites, because there's a real-time satellite on Google Earth.

1. I am not a hater. I’m just saying that disgraces happen in real life; it’s fact. You can’t get around it. I’m not to blame, the government is.
2. I don’t have a bank, so what’s the point?
3. I do have respect, I just don’t for the government.
4. Of course they went through every detail. But the question is: who got there first? The government could’ve planted it before the media came, thus making it irrelevant if they were bribed or not.
5. Any satellite? I see. How can you prove they’re not aeroplanes? That would fit the idea. The real-time satellite could be the same thing, an aeroplane.
6. All satellite transmissions also come from Radio Towers.

Please
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
Quote from: "zaudragon"

1. I am not a hater. I’m just saying that disgraces happen in real life; it’s fact. You can’t get around it. I’m not to blame, the government is.
2. I don’t have a bank, so what’s the point?
3. I do have respect, I just don’t for the government.
4. Of course they went through every detail. But the question is: who got there first? The government could’ve planted it before the media came, thus making it irrelevant if they were bribed or not.
5. Any satellite? I see. How can you prove they’re not aeroplanes? That would fit the idea. The real-time satellite could be the same thing, an aeroplane.
6. All satellite transmissions also come from Radio Towers.

Ok.... There are numerous flaws there. First, if satellites were airplanes, then they would need to refuel, an endeavor which would take several million dollars to keep in the air all the time. Not to mention all the refuel planes. And people would notice them with radar, unless they were stealthed, and that adds on much more money. Secondly, if satellite signals are broadcast from radio towers, the how do people who live too far from a radio tower still recieve satellite TV? Thirdly, even if the refuel planes and satellites were stealthed, the people piloting them adds more to the conspiracy. And those people are replace. And what if one crashed? Not to mention the risk of having all of these things flying over all of the countries. One chip in the stealth paint, or malfunction of the programming leads to catastrophe. It's not only implausible, it's IMPOSSIBLE to run that program.

Me: 1
FEs: 0

?

GeoGuy

Please
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 04:55:51 PM »
One word: Roswell.

Please
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »
OMFG you are stupid. Roswell was 1947, way before the first space satellite! This was even before your crazy society started, and 1947 was not possible to keep a plane up that long. Plus, there was no need for that conspiracy, as the government would not have needed to "fake the space program".

Please
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
Ok.... There are numerous flaws there. First, if satellites were airplanes, then they would need to refuel, an endeavor which would take several million dollars to keep in the air all the time.Not to mention all the refuel planes. And people would notice them with radar, unless they were stealthed, and that adds on much more money.

Where do you think the money is going to the supposed space programmes? That’s probably plenty of money!
And how about when the “satellites” are not visible? Can’t the aeroplanes then touch down and refuel?
Secondly, if satellite signals are broadcast from radio towers, the how do people who live too far from a radio tower still recieve satellite TV?

Most likely they put the towers on top of the Ice Wall, or embed them. This gives a strong signal throughout the Earth.
Thirdly, even if the refuel planes and satellites were stealthed, the people piloting them adds more to the conspiracy. And those people are replace. And what if one crashed? Not to mention the risk of having all of these things flying over all of the countries. One chip in the stealth paint, or malfunction of the programming leads to catastrophe. It's not only implausible, it's IMPOSSIBLE to run that program.

Nah, the pilots could be deceived into thinking they’re testing the aircraft or running missions where an aeroplane flying is absolutely needed to deceive the enemy. Or they could be “training.”

A catastrophe, you say? What would happen? People find another stealth plane flying? Doesn’t this happen anyway? It’ll add to the abundance of prior cases. And crashing would lead to the same conclusion: secret US spy plane tests.

How is it impossible? All the money supposedly going into NASA to build rockets is going to the conspiracy after all.
Me: 1
FEs: 0

You need a fair judge for points.

Please
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 07:04:56 PM »
Earth is round, get over it.
f you need to fall apart, I can mend a broken apart, if you need to crash then crash and burn you're not alone...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Please
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »
And there ARE satellites, because there's a real-time satellite on Google Earth.

Really?  Perhaps you could show me?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Please
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 08:03:34 PM »
First, if satellites were airplanes, then they would need to refuel, an endeavor which would take several million dollars to keep in the air all the time. Not to mention all the refuel planes. And people would notice them with radar, unless they were stealthed, and that adds on much more money.

Stratellites.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson