Why wouldn't the Gov't lie?

• 47 Replies
?

mellamochristian

« on: December 26, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »
I'm not a FE believer really but if only certain organizations have been to space, and they happen to want to say the earth is round when it wasn't why not? The reason every one believe this is because they go off of what these organizations tell them. I don't know who exactly goes to space so i say organizations.

My only statement is, it's not as difficult as many make it seem I mean who has the money and the will the make a space ship to go and take pictures, and if they did and the "gov't" threatens them, why not?

?

18C

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 02:15:34 PM »
They have no reason at all to cover it up.
Drama: The breakfast of champions.

?

mellamochristian

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »
The same way they have no reason to cover up anything else in history...

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 02:31:08 PM »
Quote from: "mellamochristian"
The same way they have no reason to cover up anything else in history...

What motivation would a government have to try and enact a conspiracy if there are no viable gains?

How do the governments of the world benefit from tricking its population into believing the earth is flat? Are they doing it for just shits 'n giggles?

?

mellamochristian

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »
We clearly wouldn't know the same way any other conspiracy dosn't have a exact reason.
but as examples
Their can be something out there, people wont be trying to go off the edge if they believed it was round. If it goes to this extreme that they are lieing to us it can be an experiment. If the world was flat people would gain another perspective especially after this long and cause revlolution etc.
Maybe they really believed it was round then don't want to look dumb. Many reasons. Therefore that one question dosn't disclose the whole theory.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 02:46:43 PM »

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »
Quote from: "mellamochristian"
We clearly wouldn't know the same way any other conspiracy dosn't have a exact reason.
but as examples
Their can be something out there, people wont be trying to go off the edge if they believed it was round. If it goes to this extreme that they are lieing to us it can be an experiment. If the world was flat people would gain another perspective especially after this long and cause revlolution etc.
Maybe they really believed it was round then don't want to look dumb. Many reasons. Therefore that one question dosn't disclose the whole theory.

Well I'm not going to argue with you about whether the Earth is round because I've personally witnessed that it is, and anyone who maintains otherwise if fucking retarded and deserves to die. I was just saying that there is usually incentive for a conspiracy (I.E. The Moon Landing was faked for national pride).

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »
Quote from: "GotheriK"
Well I'm not going to argue with you about whether the Earth is round because I've personally witnessed that it is, and anyone who maintains otherwise if fucking retarded and deserves to die.

Yes, damn us for not being there when you witnessed the roundness of the Earth.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 03:12:14 PM »
Quote from: "Masterchief2219"
Well I'm not going to argue with you about whether the Earth is round because I've personally witnessed that it is, and anyone who maintains otherwise if fucking retarded and deserves to die.

Yes, damn us for not being there when you witnessed the roundness of the Earth.

Well actually it's almost daily. I'm a pilot.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 03:14:38 PM »
You're not the only one. There is another pilot on these forums who disagrees with you.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 03:17:18 PM »
And that would be me.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 03:19:01 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
And that would be me.

Excellent. If you're telling me the truth I'd like to know your certifications please.

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 03:26:36 PM »
Interesting: it seems to be taking you quite awhile to respond.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »

Not the old "U R takin 2 long 2 respnd, I win!!!one!!11!1 lol owns." response... :roll:

I currently hold a private, high performance and an instrument rating.  I also used to fly the jump seat for a commercial airline quite often.

-- Bob Hudson

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 03:36:02 PM »
And that would be me.

Totally off-topic, but I have to go out of the way to give you props on timing for that one. :lol:

~D-Draw

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 03:36:43 PM »

Not the old "U R takin 2 long 2 respnd, I win!!!one!!11!1 lol owns." response... :roll:

I currently hold a private, high performance and an instrument rating.  I also used to fly the jump seat for a commercial airline quite often.

Interesting, and as a pilot you've never noticed that you tend to see farther once airborne than sitting on the ground? How does thou explain this?

Also, how does someone such as yourself gain access to airline jumpseats with nothing more than Private Pilot certifications? Looking for a quick way to commute so you don't miss that time-critical Skyhawk flight?  :roll:

I have a question, do you think rolling preflight runups are a safe practice?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 03:46:21 PM »
The atmosphere decreases in density as altitude increases.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 03:51:46 PM »
The atmosphere decreases in density as altitude increases.

In such a way as to reveal objects from the top downward as an ascent is being made? I think not.

In such a way as to add to the visible distance by a factor of miles in only a few hundred feet? I also think not.

Also, how does someone such as yourself gain access to airline jumpseats with nothing more than Private Pilot certifications? Looking for a quick way to commute so you don't miss that time-critical Skyhawk flight?  

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 05:22:31 PM »

Also, how does someone such as yourself gain access to airline jumpseats with nothing more than Private Pilot certifications? Looking for a quick way to commute so you don't miss that time-critical Skyhawk flight?  

Prior to 9/11, the rules regarding the occupation of the jump seat were quite vague.  It was open to any airline employee who held a flight certifiaction.

As I have stated before, I put myself through college working for an airline.  Since I was an aspiring pilot who was in good with many of the flight crew, I was often granted the jump seat.

Not unless you have a copilot, and both of you are experienced.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »
Engineer, I just want to thank you for realizing how stupid I am.

When I first came here I thought it was a joke. A friendly way at poking jest at conspiracy theories. But for some strange reason I began to be lured into the illusion this place was real.

Now you've shown me how stupid I was for assuming this could be real.  :lol:

You sound to me like a real pilot, and I just realized that no pilot would truly believe the earth is flat. Considering that, you know, we personally witness the effects of a spherical earth every day.

Thanks. Great site by the way, it really shows the fallacy of conspiracy theories. "Discredit all proof and you have a self-induced reality".

Happy skies.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »

Now you've shown me how stupid I was for assuming this could be real.  :lol:

This site is quite real.
Considering that, you know, we personally witness the effects of a spherical earth every day.

I don't.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2006, 05:37:03 PM »
This site is quite real.
I don't.

I know, I know. Sure you don't.  :wink:

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2006, 08:06:41 PM »
Can someone please tell me when Humankind will actually become "intelligent"...?
very thing's a conspiracy, every thing's kept hidden from you... waiting to be uncovered.
Your so retarted, even if you went to space and saw the earth was round, you would completely deny it.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »
Quote from: "Zulroth"
Can someone please tell me when Humankind will actually become "intelligent"...?

The exact moment the RE's start thinking for themselves.

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2006, 08:10:25 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

The exact moment the RE's start thinking for themselves.

So, you're saying the Flat Earth theory eventuated when people were not intelligent? Even you must have seen that one coming.

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 09:11:41 PM »
reason to make a conspiracy about something like JFK, to avoid WW3 or to cover up internal government workings. If it even was a conspiracy, the clearly doctored photo of LHO holds a lot of weight with that argument though.

The reason to make a conspiracy that the earth is flat....... can't think of one reason at all why this would be a good idea. Can't even think of why it'd be a stupid idea. It is just too far beyond stupid to be attached in any kind of way.

Cameras work. I assume that the FlatEarthers agree on this point. I am sure many of them have taken pictures or seen pictures of themselves to see yes they do actually work. Now they also state that all pictures from airplanes are doctored or through special windows that distort the view to see the curvature.

So you are telling me, at no time in the past 60 years has anyone EVER taken a photograph from over X amount of feet that clearly showed a flat earth, and leaked it to anyone.

I can find you pictures of Jerry Garcia's autopsy, a cat frozen alive, a woman Sh!tting up into the air over her head, famous people in horrible or wonderful pictures, pictures of cars not going to be released to the public for 3-4 years, pictures of your house from space, pictures of an ape masturbating, pictures of anything on earth you would ever wish or never wish to see, but you can't cough up one single solitaire Flat Earth photograph. Nice argument you have there, do I also stop existing when you close your eyes?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 09:39:03 PM »
Quote from: "Cdesign"
The reason to make a conspiracy that the earth is flat....... can't think of one reason at all why this would be a good idea. Can't even think of why it'd be a stupid idea. It is just too far beyond stupid to be attached in any kind of way.

It's been referred and linked to many, many times, but here it is again, since obviously nobody can take a hint. CCCC

Cameras work. I assume that the FlatEarthers agree on this point. I am sure many of them have taken pictures or seen pictures of themselves to see yes they do actually work. Now they also state that all pictures from airplanes are doctored or through special windows that distort the view to see the curvature.

What curvature?

So you are telling me, at no time in the past 60 years has anyone EVER taken a photograph from over X amount of feet that clearly showed a flat earth, and leaked it to anyone.

Well, depending on what 'X' is...If you mean above the altitude that you need to actually see the Earth well enough to judge that the Earth is flat? No. You'd have to be really high, and above the atmosphere, meaning you need a shuttle that can push through the atmosphere. Where do you get space shuttles? NASA. I'll let you go from there.

I can find you pictures of Jerry Garcia's autopsy, a cat frozen alive, a woman Sh!tting up into the air over her head, famous people in horrible or wonderful pictures, pictures of cars not going to be released to the public for 3-4 years, pictures of your house from space, pictures of an ape masturbating, pictures of anything on earth you would ever wish or never wish to see, but you can't cough up one single solitaire Flat Earth photograph. Nice argument you have there, do I also stop existing when you close your eyes?

The conspiracy is doing a wonderful job. What's your point? If you knew that the Earth was flat, and you had to keep it a secret to 6 billion people, you think that you'd take every precaution to not let anyone into space that they don't know about (i.e. the only ones who could "leak" photographs)? I mean, really, it's not that hard at the moment, seeing as it's incredibly pricey for people to go up there (more expensive than most individuals could pay for), but I assume it's going to start becoming more and more difficult for them to pull it together. It's only a matter of time, really. Where there is power, it will fall at some point.

~D-Draw

?

trig

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 08:17:10 AM »
This site is quite real.
I don't.

I know, I know. Sure you don't.  :wink:

I am just as flabergasted as you are. I did not expect engineers or scientists in the realms of FE, and I would expect any engineer (as myself) putting clear numbers and experimental data behind their words. The only well explained experiments I found in this site are at http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/index.htm and they are naive almost beyond belief. Any good engineer or scientist will tell you why an enormous sphere as our earth is cannot be measured with the disengenous experiments you see there. Just to give you a taste, the first experiment was naively or purposefully designed with an observer at just 8 inches above the sea level, making waves and other disruptions enormous compared with what you try to see.

Everybody asks for easy experiments you can do yourself, but I posted some and only one person bothered enough to check it out.

Of course, you would expect an engineer that flies airplanes to experience for himself the differences in travel distance that occur depending on the shape of the earth. Engineers are supposed to be number crunchers, not philosophers, and present their case with clear numbers, not just the naive expectation of undeniably seeing the curvature of the earth by lookin out the airplane's window.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 02:23:15 PM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
Quote from: "Cdesign"

It's been referred and linked to many, many times, but here it is again, since obviously nobody can take a hint. CCCC

No dumbass, I read it, it still does not make sense. NO ONE has offered a legitimate reason as to why it would be advantageous to ANYONE. I asked why would anyone want to propogate such a huge and so called expensive lie, when all you do is encourage people to want to study cellestial bodies and become astronauts. I can take a hint, you can't provide anything other than "it's a conspiracy" even when asked what would the point of the conspiracy be?

What curvature?

Ohh, this game now huh? What conspiracy?

Well, depending on what 'X' is...If you mean above the altitude that you need to actually see the Earth well enough to judge that the Earth is flat? No. You'd have to be really high, and above the atmosphere, meaning you need a shuttle that can push through the atmosphere. Where do you get space shuttles? NASA. I'll let you go from there.

Ohh, ok, considering I have been high enough to see the curvature of the earth with my own eyes, you are RETARDED. Because I sure as hell am not an astronaut.

The conspiracy is doing a wonderful job. What's your point? If you knew that the Earth was flat, and you had to keep it a secret to 6 billion people, you think that you'd take every precaution to not let anyone into space that they don't know about (i.e. the only ones who could "leak" photographs)? I mean, really, it's not that hard at the moment, seeing as it's incredibly pricey for people to go up there (more expensive than most individuals could pay for), but I assume it's going to start becoming more and more difficult for them to pull it together. It's only a matter of time, really. Where there is power, it will fall at some point.

~D-Draw

THere is already WAY more than your 40 something people. So what is your point? You want to prove the earth is flat. YOU CAN"T because you are WRONG!!!! I can provide all the proof you want, such as common sense, but if you want to deny it you will. YOu want me to even consider that the earth is flat give me one tiny little scrap of information that even points in that general direction and I will look. BUT YOU CAN'T. Everything that you provide is made up.

You want people to have an open mind and accept other views fine. Don't tell them that anything they say to you does not make sense or they are part of some stupid conspiracy or that the pictures they show you are doctored. Like I have said before, this shows me that you are a big dork with no life and no gf or wife, and you cannot prove otherwise.

You guys want people to have an open mind but you are the ones with closed minds.

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 02:30:46 PM »

Generally speaking that probably wouldn't happen for a good 15-20 years after certain procedures became common practice world-wide. And we havn't even STARTED on these certain procedures, so at the moment, it will take an indeffinate amount of time.

All you can do is work to enlighten yourself, then work to enlighten your kids. On a global scale humanity will likely NEVER be intelligent.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one