So the Flat Earth is Curved, right?

• 80 Replies

JackBlack

Re: So the Flat Earth is Curved, right?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 01:42:02 PM »
One thing you forgot there Magellan... While your maintaining a straight line, the Earth has rotated underneath you. If you only corrected for wind you will be off course because of Coriolis Force. Flight computers adjust for it, without them a pilot also has too.
Where did I say you only correct for the wind?

Earth rotating underneath you and he Coriolis force are 2 different things.
The Coriolis force isn't because Earth rotates beneath you, it is because your speed at the equator is greater.
It applies to inertial things only.

If you were to travel to the north from the US to Canada, on an inertial path, you would turn to the right, i.e. end up eastwards.
If you were to ditch your momentum and just have Earth rotate beneath you, you would end up far to the west.

Any website explaining Coriolis Effect confirms that to be accurate. The only way to fly in a straight line would be to predict the time you will arrive at your destination and adjust your heading for Coriolis Force, thankfully modern electronics do so.
So basically what I said.
So what did I forget?

You seem to like just objecting without any basis to your objection.

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
One thing you forgot there Magellan... While your maintaining a straight line, the Earth has rotated underneath you. If you only corrected for wind you will be off course because of Coriolis Force. Flight computers adjust for it, without them a pilot also has too.
Where did I say you only correct for the wind?

Earth rotating underneath you and he Coriolis force are 2 different things.
The Coriolis force isn't because Earth rotates beneath you, it is because your speed at the equator is greater.
It applies to inertial things only.

If you were to travel to the north from the US to Canada, on an inertial path, you would turn to the right, i.e. end up eastwards.
If you were to ditch your momentum and just have Earth rotate beneath you, you would end up far to the west.

Any website explaining Coriolis Effect confirms that to be accurate. The only way to fly in a straight line would be to predict the time you will arrive at your destination and adjust your heading for Coriolis Force, thankfully modern electronics do so.
So basically what I said.
So what did I forget?

You seem to like just objecting without any basis to your objection.

What did you forget??? I love this!!!

You forgot the Earth isn't flat... If you flew in a absolute straight line you would gain altitude. You are limiting an arc to just left or right, you forgot about up and down. That's why on a map a flight path is drawn as a curve. It's always an arc unless it's an intergalactic planetary flying space saucer such as the one I pilot...
No you said it has no effect on planes and it's not accounted for. http://www.eurocontrol.int/news/why-aircraft-dont-always-fly-straight-lines

It is also shorter to fly the Great Circle route than a straight line due to the circumference of the earth being so much greater at the equator than near the poles. https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/columnist/cox/2013/06/24/ask-the-captain-why-dont-planes-fly-in-a-straight-line/2449729/

"Inertial Guidance - Inertial Navigation And Flight.
There is an additional complication resulting from the rotation of Earth. It is not enough to know the direction of a destination when a plane takes off. As Earth rotates, the direction of the planned destination may seem to change. Navigation must continually correct for a plane's tendency to drift off course because of Earth's rotational acceleration, a consequence of the so-called Coriolis force. The inertial-navigation system's computer compensates for these challenges accurately and quickly."
http://science.jrank.org/pages/3581/Inertial-Guidance-Inertial-navigation-flight.html#ixzz517Hyy2qY
The Earth won't be 'round much longer...
No, it spins on its axis and orbits the sun. The 2 are fundamentally different... Because when an object spins, it does so about its axis.

JackBlack

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2017, 02:49:36 PM »
What did you forget??? I love this!!!

You forgot the Earth isn't flat... If you flew in a absolute straight line you would gain altitude.
And there you go off on a tangent ignoring what we were discussing.

We were discussing a straight line following Earth's surface, i.e. a great circle.

Try again.

No you said it has no effect on planes and it's not accounted for.
No I didn't.
Try again.

It is also shorter to fly the Great Circle route than a straight line
The great circle route is the straight line following Earth's surface.
Notice how now you have gone completely away from the original point. Now you are discussing non-Euclidean geometry rather than the Coriolis effect.

Try again.

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »
We were discussing a straight line following Earth's surface, i.e. a great circle. The great circle route is the straight line following Earth's surface.

You are probably the stupidest person on this forum...

A straight line following Earth's surface i.e a great circle is not straight because the Earth is curved. The Equator is a line around the Earth, is it straight or is it a circle???????

A flight path with no deviation left or right that maintains a constant altitude still is an arc because you are following the curvature of the Earth... Unless you believe the Earth is flat of course.

Does a jet aircraft need to constantly adjust nose down to follow the curvature of the earth?
In reality, a constant altitude must be kept using the standard pressure and that means a fixed distance to the earth center of gravity is maintained, making the path of the plane a curved one. So, a plane is not flying a straight line - geometrically speaking.  http://www.askcaptainlim.com/flying-the-plane-flying-90/1301-does-a-jet-aircraft-need-to-constantly-adjust-nose-down-to-follow-the-curvature-of-the-earth.html

Do these lines look straight Captain Coriolis???? Hmmm seems to be a problem with your theory now doesn't there...

No, it spins on its axis and orbits the sun. The 2 are fundamentally different... Because when an object spins, it does so about its axis.

JackBlack

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 01:18:36 AM »
We were discussing a straight line following Earth's surface, i.e. a great circle. The great circle route is the straight line following Earth's surface.
You are probably the stupidest person on this forum...
Previously I would have awarded that to Inky or Jroa or Scepti, but now the title is firmly yours.

A straight line following Earth's surface i.e a great circle is not straight because the Earth is curved.
But following the Earth's surface, i.e. in 2D, it is straight.

Now stop trying to distract from your failings.
The simple fact is you can compensate for the Coriolis effect and fly in a straight path (following Earth's surface).

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 01:55:19 AM »
But following the Earth's surface, i.e. in 2D, it is straight.

"3D means three-dimensional, i.e. something that has width, height and depth (length). Our physical environment is three-dimensional and we move around in 3D every day. Humans are able to perceive the spatial relationship between objects just by looking at them because we have 3D perception, also known as depth perception."
http://www.mediacollege.com/3d/intro.html

Life is in 3D not 2D. If you're flying a plane everything is in 3D even your movements, that's a terrible argument and shows the extremity of your ignorance. Planes have three axes of movement, yaw, pitch and roll. Sound pretty darn 3D to me...

Technically speaking... Any flight path is an arc, even on a flat earth with no curvature, the aircraft must take off and land... That's still better than your lame ass excuse of 2D. 

"Following the curvature of Earth in a plane in a straight line is 2D..." Nope you have the dumbest person on the internet with that one. How many straight lines are on a sphere? Sure in 2D you can draw a straight line on a circle, but in 3D a straight line on a sphere is still an arc because of the curvature.

JackBlack

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 03:24:04 AM »
Life is in 3D not 2D.
And if you are following a surface, you are dealing with 2D.
Try again.

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
Life is in 3D not 2D.
Try again.

Impossible because our physical environment is three-dimensional and we move around in 3D every day.

"3D means three-dimensional, i.e. something that has width, height and depth (length). Our physical environment is three-dimensional and we move around in 3D every day. Humans are able to perceive the spatial relationship between objects just by looking at them because we have 3D perception, also known as depth perception."
http://www.mediacollege.com/3d/intro.html

If you are flying a plane, you are doing so in 3D. The plane can move up or down, they keep track of that with an altimeter. Are you really that stupid or do you just play an idiot on the internet???

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2017, 01:56:56 PM »
Two Dimensions versus Three Dimensions: What's the Big Deal?

Have you ever seen a 3-D movie? At a 3-D movie you wear some special glasses that change the image so it looks like the action of the movie is going out of the screen right at you! Well, 3-D is an abbreviation for three dimensions and a 3-D movie is different from a regular movie that you see in two dimensions.

The word dimension means measurement in a direction. Perhaps you already know that a standard sheet of printer or copier paper is 8 by 11. That means that the paper is 8 inches wide and 11 inches long. But the paper isn't particularly thick and we don't usually think about the thickness of a piece of paper. So normally we consider a piece of paper to be two-dimensional, having just length and width.

What about the package of paper? The whole package is a couple of inches thick; it also has a height. The package of paper has length, width and height; it has three dimensions.

The difference between two and three dimensions is certainly a big deal! Just about everything we deal with in the real world is three-dimensional and it is a challenge to developers of virtual reality to create the visual effect of three dimensions on a two-dimensional computer or TV screen. http://www.mathworksheetscenter.com/mathtips/2dand3d.html

Does the flight path have length? Yes. Does it have width? Yes. Does it have depth? Yes... That's 3D. A plane can travel left, right, up, down, therefore it's flight path has length, width and depth... You lose dipshit!

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
So, first of all, Hi, I'm new here. Good to meet all of you.

There are many maps of the "Flat Earth" (yes I'll put it in quotations as I am currently a skeptic, until otherwise indicated) and they all depict a flat disc in which the landmasses essentially center around a Noth pole, which is odd considering that there is no indicated south pole and that one can only have magnetic poles if there are two polar opposites.  But that's not why I'm here.

If these maps are accurate then in order for me to fly from Los Angeles to Russia, in a Westward flight path, I'd have to continuously be turning the plane, to some degree as any straight line from any point on your curved map would result in me slamming into the "ice wall".

That means that basically any westward or eastward movement is not a straight line but rather an arc. An arc is the only way I could travel around the continents. When you complete an arc, that's a circle...which is only a two dimensional representation of a sphere (which apparently the earth is not...but again that's not why I'm here).

So if I were to to walk to my television, which is exactly West of me, according to a flat earth map, then even in my living room I'd be walking in sort of a micro left-to-right arc? How come I don't feel it? How come we don't feel it when travelling across the country in a plane? I mean, the plane isn't constantly banking to the right. And if it's not then why doesn't a straight line from North Carolina toward los angeles put me somewhere in Mexico?

Flight goes straight because the pilots have known the direction of a destination and or a transit position through GPS, whose trajectory is mostly based on false assumption about supposedly the "shortest distance" to go to.

They even don't implement strictly the existing Globe Map. In flight from Edinburg to New York, for instance, they transit at Greenland.
Impossible for globe map, but that's where they choose to go to.

I am for Reverse Flat Earth map, by the way.

There is no Flat earth map model that works. The square footage of the Continents and distance in relation to another are not correct on any FE map. We can measure distance on Earth, we know how far Russia is from USA, we know how big Australia is and there are flights that go over Antarctica.
http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/
https://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/Flights-to-Antarctica/new-years-eve-antarctica-flight-2017
https://www.facebook.com/antarcticaflights/
http://eclipsetravel.com/package/ocean-nova-antarctic-explorer/

The current Flat Earth map looks just like the UN logo... Good one haha!

Planes ain't DIP

So? Lalala....

I know you are but what am I, I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I, I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I!!! STOP!!! I must give you fair warning Earthling... I'm rubber and you're glue!

The sources of information must get auditted n fixed, I guess >> distance, airplane speed, time zone, coordinates etc. But no matter how deceptive the information is, still, it gives tendency to verify Reverse Flat Earth map.

By the way, what did you mean "I know you are". Now ask "who are you?". Did we meet before somewhere?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:10:20 PM by Danang »
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2017, 02:18:03 PM »
The sources of information must get auditted n fixed, I guess >> distance, airplane speed, time zone, coordinates etc. But no matter how deceptive the information is, still, it gives tendency to verify Reverse Flat Earth map.

By the way, what did you mean "I know you are". Now ask "who are you?". Did we meet before somewhere?

No matter how deceptive the information is, still, it gives tendency to verify Reverse Flat Earth map??? Are you serious??? So then I can say no matter how deceptive NASA imagery is, still, it gives tendency to verify a round Earth map...

"I know you are but what am I" is before your time. It's what kids said to each other in the 60's and 70's when another kid insulted them. IE; "You are an idiot!" I know you are, but what am I...

Your argument resembled that of an 8 year old. So why not use the tactics of a child when replying to you...

Planes ain't DIP

So? Lalala....

JackBlack

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »
Life is in 3D not 2D.
Try again.
Impossible because our physical environment is three-dimensional and we move around in 3D every day.
Nope. Still possible. We are just looking at the motion in 2D, not 3D.

Does the flight path have length? Yes. Does it have width? Yes. Does it have depth? Yes... That's 3D.
So does a sheet of paper.
But who cares, we are discussing the path it follows on the surface of Earth.
Does that have depth? NO!

You lose dipshit!
[/quote]

JackBlack

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »
But no matter how deceptive the information is, still, it gives tendency to verify Reverse Flat Earth map.
No it doesn't. observations in the northern hemisphere show RFE to be BS.

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
But no matter how deceptive the information is, still, it gives tendency to verify Reverse Flat Earth map.

Don't quote me out of context to try and win a losing battle... That post was in response to this claim "No matter how deceptive the information is, still, it gives tendency to verify Reverse Flat Earth map"

If you believe that then you are incredibly stupid. That's more inane than claiming the Earth is flat...

Does a flight path have depth??? Can a plane go up and down??? If so that is depth. That's a pointless argument though, the World is in 3D not 2D even a person with one eye sees the World in 3D. Viewing a flight path in person is 3D viewing it on a map is 2D.

If you want to continue this stupidity then I am going to do the same thing...

JackBlack

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »
Don't quote me out of context
I wasn't quoting you at all there.

to try and win a losing battle
You have lost and have basically no chace of winning.

If you believe that then you are incredibly stupid. That's more inane than claiming the Earth is flat...
Why?
We are looking at the flight track on the surface of Earth, i.e. the line the flight path traces over the surface of Earth. That does not have depth as it is limited to 2D.

Does a flight path have depth???
If by flight path you mean the path it traces over the surface of Earth, NO!

If you want to continue this stupidity then I am going to do the same thing...
No, I want you to stop your stupidity. You are just making FE look smarter and smarter every time you post.

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2017, 06:54:21 PM »
Life is in 3D dude no matter how much you deny it or claim it isn't. Even Flat Earthers could tell you that. A plane can go up and down, that's depth dipshit. If you are follow the surface of the earth you are traveling in an arc not a straight line because the Earth curves.

You have proven yourself to be the dumbest dude on the board because you took the troll bait. Honestly I care less what you believe or don't believe, I got you to post pages of nonsense. Nothing you posted was correct or even in context because you're a complete dumbass.

You think you're super troll but I'm the master, you took the bait not I. Who wins the battle, the fish or the fisherman??? At the end of the day I win at internet every time, because I'm a Martian...

JackBlack

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2017, 07:21:58 PM »
Life is in 3D dude no matter how much you deny it or claim it isn't.
And I'm not saying otherwise.
Try again.

Nothing you posted was correct or even in context because you're a complete dumbass.
Yet you have been completely unable to show how it is out of context or incorrect.

You think you're super troll but I'm the master, you took the bait not I. Who wins the battle, the fish or the fisherman???
You were just getting your ass handed to you repeatedly.
You made yourself look like a complete moron.
You are acting like a fish that throws itself into the fisherman's hands, yet still proclaims to win.

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »
Yeah because clearly a plane can only move in 2D right... Let me remind you they pitch, roll and yaw. That's 3D dipshit. You lose. Oh and when you're in flight you can move 360 degrees, you are not limited to two axes.

3D means three dimensional, if you're so stupid you can't comprehend the difference between 2d and 3d there is no hope in having any kind of intelligent conversation with you. That's why I have been trolling you for two days and you are so slow you can't realize it even after I am telling you that's what I am doing.

You're wrong, you're stupid, you look funny and nobody likes you. Your posts are nothing but complete drivel, no where can a rational thought ever cross your feeble little pea sized brain. Haha now that there is some mighty fine troll bait, the best on the market. Come on in the water is fine!

JackBlack

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2017, 08:21:29 PM »
Yeah because clearly a plane can only move in 2D right
We aren't talking about the plane. We are talking about the path it traces on the surface of Earth.

You're wrong, you're stupid, you look funny and nobody likes you.
Getting desperate are you?

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »
Yeah because clearly a plane can only move in 2D right
We aren't talking about the plane. We are talking about the path it traces on the surface of Earth.

You're wrong, you're stupid, you look funny and nobody likes you.
Getting desperate are you?

Wrong we are talking about the flight path. Planes don't trace a path on the surface, they follow a flight path. And here is a news flash ... The surface of the Earth is 3D so even if we were using your BS you're still wrong.

Planes are one of the few vehicles that can move in all directions. The surface of the Earth is 3D. We see in 3D. Planes fly in 3D. The Earth is curved a straight line on it's surface is still an arc you lose...

I'm not desperate I'm baiting you for entertainment. I like making a fool out of you. I'm sitting here getting baked with my girl and we are laughing our asses off at how stupid you are haha. I can't wait to share your 2D nonsense at some other forums... Pure GOLD!!! You're going to make me famous!

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2017, 11:07:16 PM »
Check this out... I've quoted your contradictions and it looks like you're arguimg with yourself! LMFAO Effin priceless!!!

Remember, a sphere is a 3D object, how can you show a complete sphere in a 2D picture?
We are looking at the flight track on the surface of Earth, i.e. the line the flight path traces over the surface of Earth. That does not have depth as it is limited to 2D.
following the Earth's surface, i.e. in 2D, it is straight.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:09:41 PM by Marvin the Martian »

JackBlack

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2017, 11:15:23 PM »
Wrong we are talking about the flight path. Planes don't trace a path on the surface
So how do they get from point A to point B?
Do they just magically warp there?

Planes are one of the few vehicles that can move in all directions.
No they aren't.
While in flight planes have 3.5 degrees of freedom. They can move forwards and they can roll pitch and yaw in either direction. They cannot move sideways, they cannot move backwards.

Helicopters are the ones with 6 degrees of freedom.

But that is irrelavent to the point.
The point is that the Corriolis effect can be countered allowing planes to fly a "straight line", which is really a geodesic in non-Euclidean geometry, route over the surface of Earth.

The Earth is curved a straight line on it's surface is still an arc you lose...
So you admit there can be straight lines on its surface.
You lose.

I like making a fool out of you.
You are a making a fool of yourself, as you repeatedly get your ass handed to you.

I'm sitting here getting baked with my girl and we are laughing our asses off at how stupid you are
Well that explains it, you are too stupid to realise you are stupid.

You're going to make me famous!
By you blatantly lying about what I have said?

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »
No I don't need to lie. I'm going to screen shot your 2D stupidity haha! They love that shit on other forums, we all make fun of people like you there... That's why your stuck here LMFAO!!!

I see you ignored my last post... Why is that??? Full of shit much? HAHAHA Busted biotch... You're done now!

Remember, a sphere is a 3D object, how can you show a complete sphere in a 2D picture?

JackBlack

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2017, 01:05:40 AM »
No I don't need to lie. I'm going to screen shot your 2D stupidity haha! They love that shit on other forums, we all make fun of people like you there... That's why your stuck here LMFAO!!!
In context, or out of context?
Showing it out of context to pretend it means something else is still lying about it.

I see you ignored my last post... Why is that??? Full of shit much? HAHAHA Busted biotch... You're done now!
No, I didn't see it before, but don't worry, I'll address your stupidity/lies now.

Check this out... I've quoted your contradictions and it looks like you're arguimg with yourself! LMFAO Effin priceless!!!
No you haven't.
You have quoted several comments which are not contradictory at all.

Notice the difference?
Complete sphere, vs SURFACE!!

Are you saying a sphere is only its surface?

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2017, 01:25:12 AM »
Nope complete sphere vs complete surface didn't work for me so it doesn't work for you.

Except in this case flying over a portion of a sphere is the same as the entire sphere. If the entire sphere is 3D then a portion of that same exact sphere is still 3D not 2D. An arc is an arc distance doesn't matter. More distance means longer arc that's all. A complete arc is a circle.

You lose you contradicted yourself and proved yourself wrong just as I said...

JackBlack

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2017, 02:14:20 AM »
Nope complete sphere vs complete surface didn't work for me so it doesn't work for you.
Why would it have worked for you?
You said the entire Earth. Guess what? You can't see the entire Earth.
The entire Earth being different to the entire surface doesn't magically mean you can see all of it.

Except in this case flying over a portion of a sphere is the same as the entire sphere.
No it isn't.
Flying over a portion is a portion, not the entire sphere.

If the entire sphere is 3D then a portion of that same exact sphere is still 3D not 2D.
Yes, a 3D portion of that sphere, i.e. a section which has width height and depth. But the surface is still 2D.

You lose you contradicted yourself and proved yourself wrong just as I said...
Projecting again.
You have shown no contradiction from me.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
Marvin is D1's 16-year-old cousin.

If a plane maintains a certain attitude for the duration of its flight, omitting the short ascent/descent, can we not use 2 dimensions to describe its path perfectly well? How pedantic do we really need to get over something that trivial? It's not as if a plane has to continually point its nose down to maintain altitude.

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »
Marvin is D1's 16-year-old cousin.

If a plane maintains a certain attitude for the duration of its flight, omitting the short ascent/descent, can we not use 2 dimensions to describe its path perfectly well? How pedantic do we really need to get over something that trivial? It's not as if a plane has to continually point its nose down to maintain altitude.

If it's only moving forward, then by your logic that would be 1D not 2D. A plane can and does move in three axes, yaw, pitch and roll, that is 3D.

Aircraft must make corrections for altitude. Gravity, wind, etc... Earth's curvature is minimal yet they adjust roughly one degree every eight minutes for it. It's not a car, the wings generate lift. The airflow over the wings greatly affects the handling of the plane. Areas of high turbulence the plane will be tossed around, and areas of high pressure the plane may tend to climb. Watch a bird ride the air currents and climb without flapping it's wings.

3D applies if it has length width and height. 2D applies if it has length and width but no height. Under your logic, a plane flying in a straight line would only have length. Therefore either way you slice it you and Jackass are wrong... It's either 1D or 3D it cannot be 2D unless the plane turns left or right (port or starboard)

It's amazing, I came to this website with the impression that proponents of a Flat Earth had to be the stupidest people alive. I realize now I was wrong... You and Jack have well earned that title...

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2017, 12:06:39 PM »

Don't quote me out of context to try and win a losing battle...
Eh?  Are you Danang?

You're not doing very well here, are you?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2017, 01:26:28 PM »
Eh?  Are you Danang?

You're not doing very well here, are you?

Watch out Jimmie... Martians have a taste for crab... The primitive traps used by Earthlings work surprising well.