Flat Earthers and Dinosaurs

• 174 Replies

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
Re: Flat Earthers and Dinosaurs
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2018, 05:21:56 AM »
Here is another great story John can ignore
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/nodosaur-dinosaur-fossil-study-borealopelta-coloration-science/

Looks like National Geographic are in on it.
Required wear for flat-earthers when leaving their basement - in case they accidently stumble on contrary evidence.

Possibly these may be more stylish for the FEer who wishes not so see things
https://encrypted.google.com/search?

q=blinkers&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMw6GUr7nYAhWHKMAKHTysCVcQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=643#imgrc=W_0Fls4oad34nM:
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/nodosaur-dinosaur-fossil-study-borealopelta-coloration-science/

Required wear for flat-earthers when leaving their basement - in case they accidently stumble on contrary evidence.

I think that this is the reference that you were looking for:
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2018, 11:30:28 AM »

They don't need to be 'in on it' to be wrong or fooled. Why is it that every globularist that comes here is obsessed with conspiracy? I get why flatists might be, but this is getting silly folks! The only conspiracy at play is a conspiracy of imagination and ignorance.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2018, 12:05:39 PM »

They don't need to be 'in on it' to be wrong or fooled. Why is it that every globularist that comes here is obsessed with conspiracy? I get why flatists might be, but this is getting silly folks! The only conspiracy at play is a conspiracy of imagination and ignorance.

You still haven't explained why when someone finds the remains of a gigantic animal embedded in rock where no human could have placed it, you think it's not a dinosaur, but do accept that it's some other type of gigantic animal. Neither have you explained why your gigantic animals are more plausible to you than dinosaurs. And you've been asked several times.
See all the people reading this post? They know that about you now. Maybe you'd better give an answer.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »
You will also note the evasive tactics of refusing to address certain questions - notably whenever dinosaurs are discussed, scoffing at the idea of their existence but quite happily agreeing that "alternative" giant animals existed, but never going into detail about what those giant animals are supposed to be or why they are feasible when dinosaurs are not, even when directly questioned.

This is what I'm referring to. You've posted in this thread several times since then. Why so evasive? Is it because you're trolling? I think so.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2018, 02:40:26 PM »
Because without a massive conspiracy your flat earth would be dead and buried almost 50 years ago!

September 18, 1968

August 9, 1969

August 9, 1969

December 7, 1972
View of the Earth as seen by the Apollo 17 crew -- astronaut Eugene A. Cernan, commander;
astronaut Ronald E. Evans, command module pilot; and scientist-astronaut Harrison H. Schmitt,
lunar module pilot -- traveling toward the moon. This translunar coast photograph extends
from the Mediterranean Sea area to the Antarctica South polar ice cap.
This is the first time the Apollo trajectory made it possible to photograph the South polar ice cap.
Note the heavy cloud cover in the Southern Hemisphere.
Almost the entire coastline of Africa is clearly visible.
The Arabian Peninsula can be seen at the Northeastern edge of Africa.
The large island off the coast of Africa is the Malagasy Republic.
The Asian mainland is on the horizon toward the Northeast.

Image Credit: NASA
Well, much longer ago than that really, but those are pretty convincing of a conspiracy.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2018, 03:22:19 PM »

I think you must be confused John. I think you recently mentioned that the whole dinosaur thing is a conspiracy, along with space travel, astronomy, the Hubble telescope and basically science in general. Without conspiracy you have nothing. The only conspiracy around here is the one you perpetrate, or do you now believe in space travel?
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2018, 06:56:49 AM »

I think you must be confused John. I think you recently mentioned that the whole dinosaur thing is a conspiracy, along with space travel, astronomy, the Hubble telescope and basically science in general. Without conspiracy you have nothing. The only conspiracy around here is the one you perpetrate, or do you now believe in space travel?
You think incorrectly. You guys really just strive to follow me around, purposefully misunderstand what I say, then strawman it eh?

« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2018, 08:41:13 AM »

You think incorrectly. You guys really just strive to follow me around, purposefully misunderstand what I say, then strawman it eh?
So do you think there is no big conspiracy regarding these things?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2018, 09:01:04 AM »
There's no dinosaur conspiracy, anymore so than there was a snakeoil conspiracy. The popularity of error is virtually all permeating. I usually stand on the side of no conspiracy in general for the flat earth - hence my work towards the non-euclidean model. Science in general you can argue in the way that it is actively being used by the government to control us - this aligns more with a view like Popper's however for the need for an Open Society, rather than some 'conspiracy.'

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »
There's no dinosaur conspiracy, anymore so than there was a snakeoil conspiracy. The popularity of error is virtually all permeating. I usually stand on the side of no conspiracy in general for the flat earth - hence my work towards the non-euclidean model. Science in general you can argue in the way that it is actively being used by the government to control us - this aligns more with a view like Popper's however for the need for an Open Society, rather than some 'conspiracy.'
So all the paleontologists are simply wrong in exactly the same way.  Btw John, why do you keep avoiding my question about your sources?  You respond to me, but never about that.  Are you ashamed that you claimed part of your evidence comes from a guy who thinks Saturn hung above the North Pole and so offset gravity on earth?  You are the one who originally claimed them as a source now you run away from any mention of them.  Why is that?
Why are you so afraid to address this?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2018, 10:56:17 AM »
My understanding is that Paleontologists are wrong in different ways, and they get together and publish journals to argue about how each other is wrong. I have no issue with the sources I listed.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »
I usually stand on the side of no conspiracy in general for the flat earth
Rubbish! No conspiracy means at least satellites are real because
so many countries own satellites in orbit and a dozen or so countries of all political and religious persuasions have launched their own.
These include lunar missions from at least USSR, (now Russia), USA, Europe, Japan, China and India.

Make no mistake about it: No conspiracy = no flat earth.

Quote from: John Davis
hence my work towards the non-euclidean model.
What non-euclidean model?
That pipe-dream based only on a "thought experiment" with absolutely no physical or theoretical backing, other than your deceptive claim that
EINSTEIN'S RELATIVITY PROVES THE EARTH IS FLAT, May 23, 2016 JohnDavis when EINSTEIN'S RELATIVITY, Special or General does nothing of the sort.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »
How do you get the fortitude and stamina to come here every day and complain about things you self-admittedly don't understand?

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2018, 02:06:51 PM »
How do you get the fortitude and stamina to come here every day and complain about things you self-admittedly don't understand?

We could ask you the same question.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2018, 02:34:09 PM »
You really couldn't. I don't come here to complain about the flat earth theory, something I believe in. You might have a point if I was actively visiting and whining at round earth physics forums or something. I come here, and participate in the flat earth community and research at large, because I care about it. You come here to shit in someone else's punchbowl.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
Why don't you bother answering quite valid objections to your claims?

And what are all these "things you I self-admittedly don't understand"?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:41:31 PM by rabinoz »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »
When you field some, I'll be happy to. I estimate that about 75% of the confusion here lies in the inability for a round earther to pick up a reference source, and should he miraculously complete this - 25% to his inability to make use of the strange symbols he is surprised to find inside!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2018, 04:41:26 PM »
When you field some, I'll be happy to. I estimate that about 75% of the confusion here lies in the inability for a round earther to pick up a reference source, and should he miraculously complete this - 25% to his inability to make use of the strange symbols he is surprised to find inside!
I usually stand on the side of no conspiracy in general for the flat earth
Rubbish! No conspiracy means at least satellites are real because
so many countries own satellites in orbit and a dozen or so countries of all political and religious persuasions have launched their own.
These include lunar missions from at least USSR, (now Russia), USA, Europe, Japan, China and India.

Make no mistake about it: No conspiracy = no flat earth.

Quote from: John Davis
hence my work towards the non-euclidean model.
What non-euclidean model?
That pipe-dream based only on a "thought experiment" with absolutely no physical or theoretical backing, other than your deceptive claim that
EINSTEIN'S RELATIVITY PROVES THE EARTH IS FLAT, May 23, 2016 JohnDavis when EINSTEIN'S RELATIVITY, Special or General does nothing of the sort.

« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2018, 04:49:32 PM »
My understanding is that Paleontologists are wrong in different ways, and they get together and publish journals to argue about how each other is wrong. I have no issue with the sources I listed.
Then why dodge the question so many times when I simply asked you to confirm if that was who you were talking about.  Really sounds like you do have a problem with your own sources.
Anyway, obviously you are wrong about dinosaurs, too much evidence for them and you have presented zero against them.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
No clue what you are talking about. As you can imagine, I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat to read every single thing you post at me. I have no issue with any of the sources I posted.

The fact you say I presented zero evidence, just shows you aren't ready for a 'big boy' conversation on the matter.

Macarios

« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2018, 10:19:38 PM »

hehehe... "strange symbols" ...

Are you talking about height of the Sun and Moon?
Or maybe shadow of horizon?
Or clouds illuminated from below?
Or angle of one arsminute between two verticals 1852 meters apart?
Or the way Al-Biruni left his chair, went out and ACTUALLY MEASURED the Earth?
Or the difference between horizon distance from 5 feet high and 155 feet high?
Or distance of 380 000 kilometers to the Moon measured by radio waves?
Or distance to Venus measured by radar?

What kind of strange symbols?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2018, 03:56:02 AM »
I get the feeling he didnít like the link. I think he finds evidence difficult to deal with.
He could tell me why FE belief is all based on selective acceptance, by which I mean anything that impacts negatively on FE belief is automatically rejected.
That is the mindset of the conspiracy theorist.    They are incapable of admitting that their preconceived ideas do not fit observations, therefore they simply have to ignore anything that might contradict their bullshit.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2018, 05:42:40 AM »
No clue what you are talking about. As you can imagine, I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat to read every single thing you post at me. I have no issue with any of the sources I posted.

The fact you say I presented zero evidence, just shows you aren't ready for a 'big boy' conversation on the matter.
No, it shows that I read what is written.  I have already addressed the issue of your ridiculous sources.  There is nothing of merit there.  You are just too ashamed to actually say, yes your source claims Saturn hovered above the North Pole among other idiotic things.
It isn't a question of being on the edge of your seat as you would respond to other parts of my post but run away from the questions about your sources.

« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2018, 12:38:37 PM »
You really couldn't. I don't come here to complain about the flat earth theory, something I believe in. You might have a point if I was actively visiting and whining at round earth physics forums or something. I come here, and participate in the flat earth community and research at large, because I care about it. You come here to shit in someone else's punchbowl.

No, you come here to whine about demonstrably true facts, ignore simple and direct questions which you allude you know the answers to, and to troll. If I shit in the punchbowl, you are jetting diarrhoea into it so fast that it's overflowing.