Help me learn about a flat earth

• 65 Replies
Help me learn about a flat earth
« on: December 09, 2017, 11:20:04 PM »
Disclaimer: i do not respong to grammar nazis or troll. Yes my spelling may suck and im not properly punctual. It is my choice to be so.

I have many reasons to believe that the earth is round. Just recently I have been stumbling upon flat earth articles and videos. But why should I believe in such a thing? I mean there is not only photo evidence but physical evidence. But flat earth evidence doesn't seem to be anywhere. Astronomy has been my number one interest in life. So help me understand

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Help me learn about a flat earth
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 12:00:50 AM »
Believe whatever you want to believe.
We have no obligation to answer your questions.

Don't come here and demand answers.

We owe you nothing.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 03:09:28 AM »

We owe you nothing.

Will you please try to do something about your obviously sad and pointless life?

Its depressing seeing you roll out the same tired shit time and again.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 03:28:03 AM »
Disclaimer: i do not respong to grammar nazis or troll. Yes my spelling may suck and im not properly punctual. It is my choice to be so.

I have many reasons to believe that the earth is round. Just recently I have been stumbling upon flat earth articles and videos. But why should I believe in such a thing? I mean there is not only photo evidence but physical evidence. But flat earth evidence doesn't seem to be anywhere. Astronomy has been my number one interest in life. So help me understand

Just forget you ever came here.

Dont get stuck here arguing with twats like bullwinkle, life's too short.

Life is not too short to learn some basic spelling and punctual skills though...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:34:35 AM by Edge_Loop »

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:30:04 AM »

Does your "disclaimer" actually work ANYWHERE on the internet??

Please respomg
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 03:57:46 AM »

Does your "disclaimer" actually work ANYWHERE on the internet??

Please respomg

He may be illiterate but at least he doesn't show up on time.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 05:21:15 AM »

I do not think that word means what you think it means. 

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 06:38:02 AM »
People don't typically come here to find out why they should believe the Earth is flat. Usually, they already think one way or the other and either a) show up out of nowhere, demanding answers to questions they have been asked ad nauseum and hurling insults, or b) show up and take some time to read previous posts, lurk around the boards, understand who believes what, and engage in conversations.

The a's rarely last.

You want to see why someone believes FE, so I recommend checking out the Believer's section. Sandokhan and Brotherhood of the dome both have some pretty interesting threads there. JRowe has a unique FE concept that he's poured a lot of time into (can't recall if he has a thread in that section, but look for Dual Earth Theory). sceptimatic also his own FE concept with denpressure replacing gravity.

Begun, has your journey, Padawan. Read, you must.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 10:41:55 AM »

We owe you nothing.

That's nice. We are in a forum specifically created for flat earth theory and people who want to know more about it are not allowed to ask? and people identifying as flat earthers on this site are so magical that they can't help other "strays" come to the real conclusion of a flat earth? That's one of the main reasons why I know for sure that FET is a huge deal made by dumb people: you'll never find a REer not willing to try and make you see why the earth is round according to them/science/..., but yet flat earthers want people to believe them by... insulting them and trolling them. Way to go!

• You are so much greater than you think you are
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 11:02:51 AM »
Go out to your garden on a warm day. Sit down, close your eyes. If you do this when it is quiet it will be ideal. It does not have to be in your garden, just a place outside where you feel safe.
Breathe in, and breathe it. Focus on your breathing and maintaining a regular pace, pay attention to nothing else. Soon all the world will slip away and you can focus on nothing but that one rhythm, and then that rhythm too will seem to fade. You will be aware and unaware simultaneously, your breathing being all you focus on but being instinctive again.
This state usually lasts for a second or two before you realize, though with sufficient practise it may be extended.
For that moment it is possible to feel all the world, and all the threads that connect you to the myriad souls. Tell me, do they feel as though they are beneath you, or do they feel as though they are equal to you, on the same even level?

Matter lies, the soul does not. Trust what you feel. You are amazing.

Joe
Learn to see things as they truly are.
PM me if you ever need or want to talk.
The Sacred Steps

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 03:29:03 PM »

Don't believe it lightly. Take the time, and go through and perform the experiments for yourself. Astronomy is a good start; and it has been done far before a geocentric universe and done very well. I'd read on some old views, some new ones, and decide for yourself.

What kind of evidence would you like to find?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »

Don't believe it lightly. Take the time, and go through and perform the experiments for yourself. Astronomy is a good start; and it has been done far before a geocentric universe and done very well.
Agreed, astronomy is an excellent place to start and Tycho Brahe's geocentric solar system explains everything an amateur astronomer is likely to observe with any casual observations.
Tycho Brahe was undoubtedly the most precise astronomer before the use of telescopes in observatories.
"Brahe was not able to detect any changes in the positions of the stars over the year, which should occur if the Earth revolves around the Sun" and hence rejected the Copernican heliocentric solar system and developed his own geocentric system
This explained his obversations better than the Ptolemaic or even the Copernican heliocentric solar systems did.

Brahe
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Brahe proposed a model of the solar system to explain Galileo's observation that Venus has phases without making it necessary for Earth to be moving. His model had all the planets (except Earth) orbiting around the Sun, but then the Sun orbited around the Earth. This model satisfies ALL the observations because it corresponds to reality except that is is viewed from the point of view of someone on Earth.

Quote from: John Davis
I'd read on some old views, some new ones, and decide for yourself.

What kind of evidence would you like to find?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »
Go out to your garden on a warm day. Sit down, close your eyes. If you do this when it is quiet it will be ideal. It does not have to be in your garden, just a place outside where you feel safe.
Breathe in, and breathe it. Focus on your breathing and maintaining a regular pace, pay attention to nothing else. Soon all the world will slip away and you can focus on nothing but that one rhythm, and then that rhythm too will seem to fade. You will be aware and unaware simultaneously, your breathing being all you focus on but being instinctive again.
This state usually lasts for a second or two before you realize, though with sufficient practise it may be extended.
For that moment it is possible to feel all the world, and all the threads that connect you to the myriad souls. Tell me, do they feel as though they are beneath you, or do they feel as though they are equal to you, on the same even level?

Joe

I'll bet you $7 this is D1.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 06:05:32 PM »
Lindsay too.

Chloe is still the imaginary girlfriend, though.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 06:07:46 PM »

Joe
Sure, it might feel amazing, 
but what is the connection between that and something as physical and concrete as the shape of the earth?

JackBlack

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 12:15:05 AM »
Astronomy is a good start; and it has been done far before a geocentric universe and done very well. I'd read on some old views, some new ones, and decide for yourself.
Yes, it works fine with a tiny Flat Earth and low precision.

But that wouldn't be evidence that Earth is flat, as it still works with a round Earth.

JackBlack

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 12:16:47 AM »

Do you ever intend on addressing the questions raised, or just preaching your nonsense.

Your "soul" repeatedly lies to you, with optical illusions making you think you see things that you don't.

Matter doesn't lie.

I feel that Earth is round and you are full of shit. Should I trust that feeling?

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »

Joe
Sure, it might feel amazing, 
but what is the connection between that and something as physical and concrete as the shape of the earth?

The Earth is not a purely material object, nothing is, one can only truly see it if one perceives the spirit too.
If you feel a connection will all souls in the world, you will be able to feel if they are beneath you, or all around you.

Joe
The Sacred Steps

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 08:30:06 AM »

Do you ever intend on addressing the questions raised, or just preaching your nonsense.

Your "soul" repeatedly lies to you, with optical illusions making you think you see things that you don't.

Matter doesn't lie.

I feel that Earth is round and you are full of shit. Should I trust that feeling?

Optical illusions are a product of matter.

Please, do not seek out negativity. We find what it is we look for in this world, if you search for the truth rather than search for flaws you will see that I gave an answer, and you will see more of the Earth than you currently do. One must be open to taking in new information, to reading even that which you disagree with. You do not have to believe it at first, but you should read it, weigh it, remember it, and if what you later find reminds you of it, reconsider it.
If all you search for is the worst, you will never progress. Please, I care for you, please do not choke yourself so.

Joe
The Sacred Steps

JackBlack

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 11:58:01 AM »
The Earth is not a purely material object, nothing is, one can only truly see it if one perceives the spirit too.
Again, do you have any evidence?
If not, get lost.
Keep your cult delusions to your own little thread.

All the evidence indicates that Earth is a material object, and that it is round.

Optical illusions are a product of matter.
No they are not.
They are entirely a product of your minds interpretation of the data it receives.
This is shown by different people being affected by these illusions differently.

Please, do not seek out negativity.
Perhaps you should stop spouting so much then?

if you search for the truth rather than search for flaws you will see that I gave an answer
No, you didn't.
All you have done so far is preach and insult people.

you will see more of the Earth than you currently do
Again, provide evidence or get lost.

One must be open to taking in new information, to reading even that which you disagree with. You do not have to believe it at first, but you should read it, weigh it, remember it, and if what you later find reminds you of it, reconsider it.
And I have done so.
You are spouting complete nonsense, insulting everyone except yourself as you do it and providing absolutely nothing to back up your insane claims.

As such I have weighed it, and found it to be pure nonsense to try to con people into your cult.

If all you search for is the worst, you will never progress. Please, I care for you, please do not choke yourself so.
Stop the lies. You have shown no indication that you actually care about anyone other than yourself.
If you cared you wouldn't be insulting people so much and would be providing evidence of your insane claims.

Now then, address the OP or get lost. This is the last time I will deal with your cult nonsense in this thread other than telling you to take it elsewhere.

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 01:54:02 PM »
Please do not limit yourself to negativity.
I have gone into the relationship between matter and spirit, with some of the ways we can conclude there must be a link, on the site.
http://sacredsteps.webs.com/apps/blog/show/45045060-matter-and-spirit

It is only in the observation of matter that we find optical illusions and errors, in the observations directly of the spirit and soul there is no mistake. This is the evidence I gave in my initial answer. It is understood in many cultures that all things are connected, and that if we learn to feel that connection we will learn how we are related to all things surrounding us. I did not bring up the Sacred Steps, or suggest anything beyond this one way someone could feel how they are related to all other things.
This is why I am scared for you, you see such negativity and ulterior motive when it is not there. Please do not be quick to anger, even in situations where you feel it justified it is self-perpetuating. More and more anger will seem justified, more and more you will assume the worst rather than see the best, it will poison you. I do not say this as an insult, I do not say this because I think I am better, I do not say this to drag you into what you call a cult, please believe that. I say this because I do genuinely, completely care about your wellbeing, and I've seen the harm being quick to see the worst can do to a person.

Joe
The Sacred Steps

54N

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »
Joe
That's lovely for the soul,  but has fuck all to do with the shape of the earth.
Geometry is what you need for that,  not meditation.

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 10:55:13 PM »
I have gone into the relationship between matter and spirit, with some of the ways we can conclude there must be a link, on the site.

It is only in the observation of matter that we find optical illusions and errors, in the observations directly of the spirit and soul there is no mistake. This is the evidence I gave in my initial answer. It is understood in many cultures that all things are connected, and that if we learn to feel that connection we will learn how we are related to all things surrounding us. I did not bring up the Sacred Steps, or suggest anything beyond this one way someone could feel how they are related to all other things.
This is why I am scared for you, you see such negativity and ulterior motive when it is not there. Please do not be quick to anger, even in situations where you feel it justified it is self-perpetuating. More and more anger will seem justified, more and more you will assume the worst rather than see the best, it will poison you. I do not say this as an insult, I do not say this because I think I am better, I do not say this to drag you into what you call a cult, please believe that. I say this because I do genuinely, completely care about your wellbeing, and I've seen the harm being quick to see the worst can do to a person.

Joe

Will you just stop with the self promotion? You are clearly hijacking threads just to push your site.

JackBlack

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 12:37:13 AM »
I'm not. That i why I'm not limiting myself to you.
Now quit your preaching and address the OP or get lost.

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 05:00:21 AM »

Joe

Will you just stop with the self promotion? You are clearly hijacking threads just to push your site.
I only rarely mention my site. It was brought up here because I was asked for evidence, and the underlying thought was given well in that post. It was an answer to the question.

Joe
The Sacred Steps

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 05:00:52 AM »
Joe
That's lovely for the soul,  but has fuck all to do with the shape of the earth.
Geometry is what you need for that,  not meditation.

Why do you believe there is no ocnnection between the material and the spiritual?

Joe
The Sacred Steps

JackBlack

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »
I only rarely mention my site. It was brought up here because I was asked for evidence, and the underlying thought was given well in that post. It was an answer to the question.
It is not evidence and it does not address the OP.

Either deal with the OP, or get lost.

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 12:11:11 PM »
For me this used to be the prison yard, but now the Mexicans from c-block just keep staring at me and miming stabbing motions, which is quite distracting.  Have you any other suggestions?

That's not what the judge said.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
I'm not. That i why I'm not limiting myself to you.
Now quit your preaching and address the OP or get lost.
You are preaching. Address the OP or get lost.

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:51 PM »
It is not evidence and it does not address the OP.

Either deal with the OP, or get lost.

It looks to me that Joe has given the most important form of evidence there is for the shape of the Earth: personal perception untainted by matter.

Lindsey
The Sacred Steps