Super moonSuper 2

• 89 Replies
Re: Super moonSuper 2
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 06:47:50 AM »
How do plants and animals survive the affects of moon light?

Here's a better question

Why do most wild animals live shorter than their domesticated counterparts (eg cats, dogs, birds etc) Answer - Wild animals do not have protection from the moonlight at night. That right there is irrefutable proof of the harmful effects of the moon

Or maybe it has to do with hygiene, medicine and other technologies.

No. I don't like that answer. Therefore your answer is wrong
Then how about domesticated animals not having to worry about predators eating them?

What about tortoises and elephants that live 80-100 years?

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
Plants and animals are both affected by moon malaise.

For example, many animals like the aye aye and lions make use of the weakened state of their prey and increase their hunting spoils during the full moon. This causes some of their prey to avoid the moon as well - like primates in the case of the aye aye. Others like Acomys cahirinus show a noted drop in body temperature. Bats reduce their hunting during the moon to avoid the dangerous rays as do nightjars. Some scorpions glow due to the moon attacking certain protein groups.

Oh, and of course, pet vet visits increase during the full moon. I find it no surprise that studies show that man sleeps worse during the full moon, likely a nature response to the threats at hand.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:31:47 AM by John Davis »
Quantum Ab Hoc

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:43 AM »
Fortunately for all of you that were caught off guard from the Super Moon, it was only 1% larger than the previous months super moon. So... More hype than anything
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »

For example, many animals like the aye aye and lions make use of the weakened state of their prey and increase their hunting spoils during the full moon.
Strange that the aye aye and lions are not similarly weakened...

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »
You are most correct RocketSauce. The introduction of the "Supermoon" is just the latest in many attempts by space agencies to increase interest by the ignorant in space travel for the ultimate aim in securing more funding. Presumably, they do not know the harm they are causing due to their infatuation in scientific dogma.

ItsRoundIPromise, Lions are likely affected in the same way many men are; the reptilian portion of their brain goes into overdrive creating violent territorial mentality and action. It is no surprise some beasts may make evolutionary use of what otherwise would be disadvantageous conditions while some might evolve to avoid such circumstances.
Quantum Ab Hoc

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »
You are most correct RocketSauce. The introduction of the "Supermoon" is just the latest in many attempts by space agencies to increase interest by the ignorant in space travel for the ultimate aim in securing more funding. Presumably, they do not know the harm they are causing due to their infatuation in scientific dogma.

I am mostly correct, but not for the reason you stated.
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »
ItsRoundIPromise, Lions are likely affected in the same way many men are; the reptilian portion of their brain goes into overdrive creating violent territorial mentality and action. It is no surprise some beasts may make evolutionary use of what otherwise would be disadvantageous conditions while some might evolve to avoid such circumstances.
The Moon has been present for the entirety of the history of life on this planet, in nearly every ecosystem (subterranean and deeper oceans being obvious exceptions).  What explanation can you offer for why some species would adapt to it and others, despite an ancestry going back billions of years in moonlight, would still be susceptible?

It's not like a climate change that turns a temperate area cold or hot, and some species can't make the change.  The Moon has followed essentially the same monthly cycle since before there was life.  Every life form on Earth should already be pre-adapted to whatever dangers moonlight could provide long before we got this far.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »
As I posted before, the term "supermoon" is not an official astronomical term.  It was actually coined by an astrologer in 1974.  For some odd reason or other, it seems to have gained some traction in the last few years, but it is by no means a new or particularly novel event.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Shifter

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 01:06:09 PM »

Here's a better question

Why do most wild animals live shorter than their domesticated counterparts (eg cats, dogs, birds etc) Answer - Wild animals do not have protection from the moonlight at night. That right there is irrefutable proof of the harmful effects of the moon

Then how about domesticated animals not having to worry about predators eating them?

I'm not talking about the ones that are eaten. I am talking about the ones that die of 'natural' causes. Cats and dogs for example, whether in a home or in the wild, both do not consider themselves 'prey' so the wild counterparts aren't living in a constant state of anxiety

What about tortoises and elephants that live 80-100 years?

Elephants have immensely thick skin and tortoises have a protective shell.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 01:16:52 PM »

Here's a better question

I'm not talking about the ones that are eaten. I am talking about the ones that die of 'natural' causes. Cats and dogs for example, whether in a home or in the wild, both do not consider themselves 'prey' so the wild counterparts aren't living in a constant state of anxiety
Critters in the wild rarely die of "natural causes" other than being eaten.  Even wild dogs and cats can be eaten by bigger predators.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

ER22

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »

For example, many animals like the aye aye and lions make use of the weakened state of their prey and increase their hunting spoils during the full moon. This causes some of their prey to avoid the moon as well - like primates in the case of the aye aye. Others like Acomys cahirinus show a noted drop in body temperature. Bats reduce their hunting during the moon to avoid the dangerous rays as do nightjars. Some scorpions glow due to the moon attacking certain protein groups.

Oh, and of course, pet vet visits increase during the full moon. I find it no surprise that studies show that man sleeps worse during the full
moon, likely a nature response to the threats at hand.

You said plants and animals both are affected.
Then didn't mention plants again.
How does a plant avoid this mystical moon malaise?

Then you proceed to mention various animals and contradict yourself.
Lions increase hunting because of the moon
And bats decrease hunting because of the moon.

As for there being more visits to the vet during a full moon,
I doubt you could produce much more than anecdotal evidence.
Same as the old "More violence/arrests" during a full moon.
Studies do not back that claim up.

As one lady asked in an earlier post,
What exactly is causing this moon malaise?
We have sun screen to protect us from known problems with sunlight.
Maybe we need moon screen.
Show me a Flat Earth map that works.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 06:24:46 PM »
The Moon itself is not harmful to humans, or any other organism on the globe.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 06:52:12 PM »
The moon basically has a 100% mortality rate. Even if it didn't kill you yet, if you have seen it with the unaided eye while standing outdoors, rest assured your days are numbered.

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 07:06:41 PM »

Oh, and of course, pet vet visits increase during the full moon. I find it no surprise that studies show that man sleeps worse during the full
moon, likely a nature response to the threats at hand.

You said plants and animals both are affected.
Then didn't mention plants again.
How does a plant avoid this mystical moon malaise?

Then you proceed to mention various animals and contradict yourself.
Lions increase hunting because of the moon
And bats decrease hunting because of the moon.

As for there being more visits to the vet during a full moon,
I doubt you could produce much more than anecdotal evidence.
Same as the old "More violence/arrests" during a full moon.
Studies do not back that claim up.

As one lady asked in an earlier post,
What exactly is causing this moon malaise?
We have sun screen to protect us from known problems with sunlight.
Maybe we need moon screen.
You are right, I didn't mention the dangers. The best prevention is to avoid it completely. Never has anything good happened after the witching hour.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:08:52 PM by John Davis »
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »
The moon basically has a 100% mortality rate. Even if it didn't kill you yet, if you have seen it with the unaided eye while standing outdoors, rest assured your days are numbered.
No, that's silly. We are no southsayers. Becareful is all. The moonlight can be very unhealthy. Always wear your polarized glasses to prevent permanent damage to yourself.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:19:08 PM by John Davis »
Quantum Ab Hoc

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »
Reject my warning at your own risk. But I urge you, look into the historical record before dismissing what I say outright.

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »
Then we agree; we should all be careful.
Quantum Ab Hoc

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »
Absolutely! That was the message I meant to communicate. But you phrased it much less alarmingly.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 08:30:19 PM »
Then we agree; we should all be careful.
Wouldn't the NS Particle intensity be some 30% higher during a super moon than at the time of the smallest full moon?
Alignment. It is the specific polarization pattern of the moons light that causes the wide range of adverse affects attributed to the moon's dangerous glare.

Even more specifically, it has a range of around -1% at 11 to about +7% at 105 with the shift to the positive occurring at the occult number of 23. One of many differences is that it has negative polarization from particle scattering likely caused by irregularly shaped particles smaller or equal to the moonlights wavelength. This is consistent with a bioluminescent source and also explains the genesis of the irregularly shaped particles[1]. Even in globe science this effect has very little study attributed to it, likely due to the ridiculous myth that the moon's light is not dangerous and again the 'damned' nature of the research itself. To replicate this exactly in a laboratory would be impossible due to a lack of samples for the bioluminescent source to match the Neil-Sokarul Particles it gives off.

[1] Known as Neil-Sokarul Particles or NSP for short.

Shifter

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »
Absolutely! That was the message I meant to communicate. But you phrased it much less alarmingly.

You could be right. Sea creatures that generally have little to no exposure to moonlight have indefinite lifespans. The only way they are killed is if they are eaten, starve or misadventure. Never due to old age. The one thing that sets them apart from land animals is the lack of moonlight

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 03:08:02 AM »

You could be right. Sea creatures that generally have little to no exposure to moonlight have indefinite lifespans. The only way they are killed is if they are eaten, starve or misadventure. Never due to old age. The one thing that sets them apart from land animals is the lack of moonlight
Well, that, and living inside the ocean...

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 03:30:42 AM »
If the Moon'S light has a cooling effect opposite of the Sun'S light...

Does that mean during the supermoon, it'll be extra cold tonight?

Surely. After the St. Martin's summer in Northern hemicircle, meteorology forecast will snow in this week. This week is about 5-10 degrees centigrad cooler than past week. Maybe it is a chance, because we are going to winter, or maybe not.
If you're not on the side of wise, so you're probably on the wrong side.

Why is it Bill Gates?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 04:02:39 AM »

Oxygen?

H2O?

These also have a 100% mortality rate!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 04:47:44 AM »
I KNOW!

The world is a dangerous place. It's important we share this kind of information.

Shifter

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 12:17:24 PM »

Oxygen?

H2O?

No, because as shown earlier, there are animals which are essentially 'immortal' and both utilise oxygen and water. The only difference being their exposure to moonlight is zero. Water and oxygen are both critical components to life. Can you show where moonlight is essential? Sure it can help some dung beetles roll shit in a straight line, but apart from that, it is utterly useless and demonstrably harmful to life.

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2017, 01:44:12 PM »

Oxygen?

H2O?

I do believe that you are referring not to ordinary H2O, but that deadly Dihydrogen Monoxide or DHMO.
Here are some warnings and possible ways of mitigating its effects: Assistance required to "Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide! The Invisible Killer"!

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »

Oxygen?

H2O?

I do believe that you are referring not to ordinary H2O, but that deadly Dihydrogen Monoxide or DHMO.
Here are some warnings and possible ways of mitigating its effects: Assistance required to "Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide! The Invisible Killer"!
More quality round earth science here, folks.
Quantum Ab Hoc

?

ER22

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »

Do tell what sea creatures these are.

?

ER22

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
No, that's silly. We are no southsayers. Becareful is all. The moonlight can be very unhealthy. Always wear your polarized glasses to prevent permanent damage to yourself.

OK now we are getting somewhere.
Wearing polarized glasses will protect you.
That means the moon malaise delivery point is the eyes.

How should a person protect his outdoor plants?
They don't have eyes, that I know of.

Back to the bats and lions.
You said lions hunting increases because of moon light.
Bats hunting decreases because of moon light.

I would have guessed the other way.
Mostly cause bats rely more on their sonar to hunt than their eyes.
Your thoughts?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »
No, that's silly. We are no southsayers.
Not southsayers? Really, read! Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions on: May 06, 2012, 03:20:39 PM
There are a few effects, but most can be put down to simply the extra illumination - sometimes with a positive effect, sometimes negative.
And the rest down to pure superstition, which seems rife in the "flat earth community" (no necessarily this society).

Quote from: John Davis
Be careful is all. The moonlight can be very unhealthy. Always wear your polarized glasses to prevent permanent damage to yourself.
Rubbish!
I'm sure you don't believe that sunlight reduced in intensity by roughly 500,000 times can be unhealthy any more than I do.

Sure, "Always wear your polarized glasses to prevent permanent damage to yourself" when in unattenuated sunlight.

PS--The "moons rays" are not "cooling rays" either.
It has been proven experimentally that moonlight is very very slightly cooling.
These videos "proving" that the "moons rays" are cooling are scams, some being innocent and some not.
All they show is that the night sky is very much colder than any "shading" objects - moon or no moon!
Go outside with any decent infra-red thermometer and find that the clear night sky measures around -30 to -50 C with or without the moon.
The actual reading depends on the clarity of the atmosphere - the clearer it is the lower the temperature - space is very cold!

And don't try dragging the "thermosphere" into it.