Flight Sydney to Santiago

• 79 Replies

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
Re: Flight Sydney to Santiago
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »
I post in these threads to make sure there are no misconceptions to newcomers.

The time that the flat Earth was the mainstream idea was before modern science existed, so your point is moot.
Sure, over 2500 years before "modern science existed".
But, in any case I don't recall mentioning modern science. Modern science has nothing to do with the case.

So when do you claim your so called modern science started?

Was it in the 13th century when Iohannes de Sacrobosco wrote his treatise "De Sphaera" on the spheres, the earth and the celestial?
He wrote
THE EARTH A SPHERE. -- That the earth, too, is round is shown thus. The signs and stars do not rise and set the same for all men everywhere but rise and set sooner for those in the east than for those in the west; and of this there is no other cause than the bulge of the earth. Moreover, celestial phenomena evidence that they rise sooner for Orientals than for westerners. For one and the same eclipse of the moon which appears to us in the first hour of the night appears to Orientals about the third hour of the night, which proves that they had night and sunset before we did, of which setting the bulge of the earth is the cause.
And evidence "That the earth also has a bulge from north to south" and "That the water has a bulge and is approximately round".
Such "modern science"!
"De Sphaera"  was regarded as one of the most definitive treatments of Ptolemaic cosmology. Iohannes de Sacrobosco most assuredly believed the earth to be a Globe and with very distant sun, moon and stars.

Or did your modern science start in the 7 th century AD? When there were astronomers like The Venerable Bede who categorically asserted that "truly it is an orb placed in the centre of the universe".
Bede the Venerable
The monk Bede (c. 672–735) wrote in his influential treatise on computus, The Reckoning of Time, that the Earth was round. He explained the unequal length of daylight from "the roundness of the Earth, for not without reason is it called 'the orb of the world' on the pages of Holy Scripture and of ordinary literature. It is, in fact, set like a sphere in the middle of the whole universe." (De temporum ratione,). The large number of surviving manuscripts of The Reckoning of Time, copied to meet the Carolingian requirement that all priests should study the computus, indicates that many, if not most, priests were exposed to the idea of the sphericity of the Earth.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Bede was lucid about earth's sphericity, writing "We call the earth a globe, not as if the shape of a sphere were expressed in the diversity of plains and mountains, but because, if all things are included in the outline, the earth's circumference will represent the figure of a perfect globe... For truly it is an orb placed in the centre of the universe; in its width it is like a circle, and not circular like a shield but rather like a ball, and it extends from its centre with perfect roundness on all sides."
I could go back to about 500 BC and find that the earth was even then thought to be a Globe.

Your flat earth is a comparatively modern invention, being quite unlike any early flat earth concepts, just read the history of the "armillary sphere" or the  "spherical astrolabe" and see what some of the earliest ideas on the heavens were.

So your claim that you
"post in these threads to make sure there are no misconceptions to newcomers"
seems a little misguided.

The point <-
Your head <-

I'm entirely aware that the Earth being a sphere has been the mainstream belief since people have been capable of logical thought.
Everything you've just posted seems to contradict the fact that you said moments ago that there should be a map because the idea has existed for thousands of years.
By your own admission, people applying rational logical scientific thought to the concept has only been happening more recently.

So which is it?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »
I'm entirely aware that the Earth being a sphere has been the mainstream belief since people have been capable of logical thought.
Strangely enough, I disagree with that. Those early Sumerians and Babylonians were certainly capable of logical thought and many modern ideas of astronomy and mathematics stem from them.
What they lacked was widespread travel and modern measuring techniques.

But it seems to me that partly the internet and partly modern teaching methods have robbed many people of the capability of logical thought.
As a result some are turning to many illogical beliefs, the flat earth myth being just a fringe one.

Quote from: th3rm0m3t3r0
Everything you've just posted seems to contradict the fact that you said moments ago that there should be a map because the idea has existed for thousands of years.
By your own admission, people applying rational logical scientific thought to the concept has only been happening more recently.

So which is it?
So among your other failings you have forgotten how to read!

I said moments ago that there should be a map because flat earthers like gotham claim the idea has existed for thousands of years.

I made no claim that I believed such rubbish!

According to gotham and many others the flat earth predates the Globe.
So are we expected to believe that it's been around for thousands of years, yet there are no accurate flat earth maps?

And one of my main points is that the modern flat earth bears no relation to the flat earth believed by the ancient civilisations.
Their's fitted fairly well with their local observations, but the modern flat earth does not fit observations even from one locality.
So you have to plead ignorance to so many things that don't fit.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:13:00 PM by rabinoz »

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »
I said moments ago that there should be a map because flat earthers like gotham claim the idea has existed for thousands of years.

the flat earth believe by the ancient civilisations

So again, then, which is it?

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »

the flat earth believed by the ancient civilisations

So again, then, which is it?
Why is there a conflict?

Of course, the real issue is that "the flat earth believed by the ancient civilisations" only covered a limited area and fitted well
but modern flat-earthers cannot get away with that and must come up with a model that fits the whole earth and fail miserably.

Why don't you simply ask gotham for the accurate flat earth maps he claims to have?

I think that flat-earthers know that a real flat earth map is impossible because the earth is not flat and will not face that issue.

Prove me wrong.

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 12:45:36 AM »
Well if the flat earth is a thing that actually exists shouldn't someone be capable of producing a map of it? Shouldn't this in fact be a rather trivial process?

Do you often make maps in your spare time?

This is just proving my point that you simply don't know how to read maps.

The longitudinal extent of Antarctica (as compared to the azimuthal equidistant projection) is the same as on a Mercator projection or any other map. It wouldn't work as a map if it wasn't. There is no flat Earth map.

"Appearing to be larger" means nothing unless you account for distortion.

If the map of the flat earth from the Boston Library, was created only on the basis of a distortion of the Mercator, and the distances do not match it, this does not prove that the earth can not be flat, this may mean we not have yet a correct map of the flat earth. So it is not possible to obtain the correct map of flat earth, only in that way.

I'm not sure what map you're referring to.

I am referring to this map:

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 05:30:46 AM »

Strangely enough, I disagree with that. Those early Sumerians and Babylonians were certainly capable of logical thought and many modern ideas of astronomy and mathematics stem from them.

And they would have found modern flat earth "models" laughable.  Like everyone else they had seen sunsets and sunrises and presumed the sun set and rose from below the disc.  I'm sure they would have found the suggestion that the sun just circles above the earth pretty silly, as it doesn't even fit the most basic of observations.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar Of The Yin Universe
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2017, 05:40:08 AM »
No one actually believes in flat earth. Plus, if the earth was flat the center of the earth would not have any nights.

I laughed loudly. :D
Everyone sees it in clear weather. The important thing is to be able to see in foggy day.

The destruction process of globalists has started legally

RPOTD

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 05:50:06 AM »
Well if the flat earth is a thing that actually exists shouldn't someone be capable of producing a map of it? Shouldn't this in fact be a rather trivial process?

Do you often make maps in your spare time?

This is just proving my point that you simply don't know how to read maps.

The longitudinal extent of Antarctica (as compared to the azimuthal equidistant projection) is the same as on a Mercator projection or any other map. It wouldn't work as a map if it wasn't. There is no flat Earth map.

"Appearing to be larger" means nothing unless you account for distortion.

If the map of the flat earth from the Boston Library, was created only on the basis of a distortion of the Mercator, and the distances do not match it, this does not prove that the earth can not be flat, this may mean we not have yet a correct map of the flat earth. So it is not possible to obtain the correct map of flat earth, only in that way.

I'm not sure what map you're referring to.

I am referring to this map:

This map is wrong.

A lot of researches including myself believe Australia is wrong placed. It should be a more in the east.

Flat earth maps generally created by getting globe map as reference and convert it to flat form. But the globe map is completely wrong. Because it is old about 500 years and created as placed continent of America and all others pushed. But this method is wrong. The true method is measure all the measurements.

This is a better one show how should be the true map. This is my suggest:

Another one made by someone else:

(I'm not agreed with this one). source:

(I'm not agreed with this one but agreed this one is more accurate than the other popular flat maps)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:52:29 AM by brotherhood of the dome »
Everyone sees it in clear weather. The important thing is to be able to see in foggy day.

RPOTD

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2017, 05:53:24 AM »

But it seems to me that partly the internet and partly modern teaching methods have robbed many people of the capability of logical thought.
As a result some are turning to many illogical beliefs, the flat earth myth being just a fringe one.

So which is it?

So are we expected to believe that it's been around for thousands of years, yet there are no accurate flat earth maps?

And one of my main points is that the modern flat earth bears no relation to the flat earth believed by the ancient civilisations.
Their's fitted fairly well with their local observations, but the modern flat earth does not fit observations even from one locality.
Horse hockey.

Every map made of the Earth is flat.

I do not know of any map that is not flat and every modern map I know of is accurate.

On the other hand, the most reliable producer of "globes," starts with a FLAT EARTH MAP DEPICTED ON FLAT PAPER (because that is the true reality), cuts the paper into oblong shapes, and carefully lays them out on the surface of the globe. The rest is filled in with coloring and the veracity/accuracy of spaces left in between at the tops and bottoms of the cut lay outs goes unchallenged because it is largely uninhabited.

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2017, 05:56:56 AM »

And they would have found modern flat earth "models" laughable.  Like everyone else they had seen sunsets and sunrises and presumed the sun set and rose from below the disc.  I'm sure they would have found the suggestion that the sun just circles above the earth pretty silly, as it doesn't even fit the most basic of observations.
Actually, the fact the Sun is observed moving above the Earth every day for most people of the Earth and exactly matches the definition of the term, "most basic of observations." It takes a great deal of imagination and hocus pocus explanations/observations/theorizing/postulations/dead end reasoning to support RE-tards.

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2017, 06:48:18 AM »

Actually, the fact the Sun is observed moving above the Earth every day for most people of the Earth and exactly matches the definition of the term, "most basic of observations." It takes a great deal of imagination and hocus pocus explanations/observations/theorizing/postulations/dead end reasoning to support RE-tards.
So you DON'T see the sun appear to go below the horizon, or rise from below the horizon every night/morning when watching it? Fascinating, tell me more! Because that's clearly what's being referenced here. The FE model relies on hocus pocus to explain how this is possible.

So which is it?

Horse hockey.

I do not know of any map that is not flat and every modern map I know of is accurate.

On the other hand, the most reliable producer of "globes," starts with a FLAT EARTH MAP DEPICTED ON FLAT PAPER (because that is the true reality), cuts the paper into oblong shapes, and carefully lays them out on the surface of the globe. The rest is filled in with coloring and the veracity/accuracy of spaces left in between at the tops and bottoms of the cut lay outs goes unchallenged because it is largely uninhabited.
Every single 'flat map' has an inaccuracy when used outside of it's designated purpose. If you don't grasp that I'm not sure there's much to discuss.

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2017, 06:55:25 AM »
"Every map made of the Earth is flat.

I do not know of any map that is not flat and every modern map I know of is accurate."

Have a look at any mariner's cahrt of the oceans. If you draw a stright line from point A to point B, you will have drawn what is known as a 'rhumb line'.

And guess what, the rhumb line is NOt the shortest distance connecting two points on the surface of the sea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhumb_line

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 10:52:13 PM »
Lies and trues. Falses and truthes.

The truth is there is a lot of flying line in north pole (center earth) and nothing in south P***(?).

Lets a bit look to fliying routes:

Now lets draw the fliying lines between continents.

As we see that, all of fliying lines as the letter of "n". There is no "U". It may be a spesific flights make an U by mistakenly, but this mistakens don't change the majority. All flights draw "n". Because only this "n" overlaps with flat earth.

In short:

Respects.

RPOTD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 12:39:02 AM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Horse hockey.

Incorrect! This one doesn't look flat.
WYLD, James. [An English mid-Victorian table globe]
A Terrestrial Globe Compiled from the latest & Most Authentic Sources, Including all the recent Geographical Discoveries. London, c.1870. Printed globe, 12" diameter (305mm), on three-legged, wooden stand, brass meridian and horizon with engraved paper calendar and zodiac, total height 18" (460mm), A few small signs of wear.
A fine table globe, marking James Clark Ross's discoveries in Antarctica (1841), 'The United States of Colombia' (1861-88) and Alaska as part of the United States (1867). [Ref: 17297]    £7,000.00 including VAT ($9,415 • €7,952 rates)

Quote from: totallackey
No flat map can be precisely accurate over its full coverage for the simple reason that the earth is not flat.
If the earth were flat, flat maps could easily be made with equal accuracy over the whole map, it's simple!

Yes, but the flat piece of paper used make good globes looks nothing like your
"FLAT EARTH MAP DEPICTED ON FLAT PAPER".
Since when has the official "FLAT EARTH MAP" looked like this?You might note that there are NO "spaces left in between at the tops and bottoms of the cut lay outs".

May we call this the "Totallackey true Flat Earth Map"?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 01:06:17 AM »
All you are proving is your total ignorance of how intercontinental flights are tracked.

Look up ADS-B! You could start with Air Services, Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 01:55:45 AM »
All you are proving is your total ignorance of how intercontinental flights are tracked.

Look up ADS-B! You could start with Air Services, Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast.

RPOTD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 02:51:56 AM »

So you re too dumb to understand the significance of ADS-B!
Don't blame me for your deplorable ignorance, nor you unwillingness to learn new things.

But whatever you say, there most certainly real non-stop flights on the routes
Johannesburg to/from Sydney and Sydney to/from Santiago.
If you claim otherwise, without proof, you are lying.

Here, read what  TWCobra, a Captain on the QANTAS QF27,QF28 flights Sydney to/from Santiago says about it.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TWCobra is the pilot on this Flight QF28.

Quote from: TWCobra
A Flight over the Antarctic Sea Ice From Chile to Australia (QF28)

QF28, Route on Mercator's Projection
[Nov 18 2016] For anyone interested, in a couple of hours I'll be heading out of Santiago heading for Sydney on the QF28. The flight plan has us spending quite a bit of time at 71'30" South and the cloud forecast at the moment shows not a lot of cloud! Lucky I brought 2 GoPros with me!

Fingers crossed for a good time-lapse video of the ice pack!

The pic above shows the route. I've been meaning to post something explaining great circle routes and why they are faster. This map will help once I compare it to the Google Earth representation of the track.

In the meantime we will be taking off around 1700 GMT and landing about 14 hours later. Only around 5% of the flight will be visible on FR24 as there is just nobody to pick up our ADSB signals.

Main Flight plan has just arrived with 13:25 as the flight time which should have us in Sydney on schedule at 0645 UTC. Here is what the flight looks like in the Nav software.

QF28, Route on Polar Projection
[UPDATE: Nov 19, 2016]
Just got in. We had 30 minutes with an awesome view of the ice.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Read the rest in: A Flight over the Antarctic Sea Ice From Chile to Australia (QF28)

You might also enjoy reading :P Flat Earth Theory Debunked by Short Flights (QF27 & QF28) From Australia to South America.

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 04:35:10 AM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Horse hockey.

The reason it does not look flat you moran is because it is a fucking globe.

It is not a fucking map.
No flat map can be precisely accurate over its full coverage for the simple reason that the earth is not flat.
If the earth were flat, flat maps could easily be made with equal accuracy over the whole map, it's simple!
And they are.

And you are incapable of demonstrating they are not.
Yes, but the flat piece of paper used make good globes looks nothing like your
"FLAT EARTH MAP DEPICTED ON FLAT PAPER".
Since when has the official "FLAT EARTH MAP" looked like this?You might note that there are NO "spaces left in between at the tops and bottoms of the cut lay outs".

May we call this the "Totallackey true Flat Earth Map"?
The gaps only come into play when you RE-tards try to paste a perfectly fine flat map onto a fucking ball with no cause to do so...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:41:48 AM by totallackey »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 05:14:05 AM »

All of us know that how you are a slaverer.

Calculating real size of Australia: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=73069.0

Watch and learn you ignorant don't aware of the place you are living on!

RPOTD

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 07:04:12 AM »
Horse hockey.

The reason it does not look flat you moran is because it is a fucking globe.

It is not a fucking map.[/url]
It's no less a map for being a globe.
Map: a diagrammatic representation of an area of land or sea showing physical features.

And they are.

And you are incapable of demonstrating they are not.
Show me a flat map with zero distortions across it's entire surface. I'll wait.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »
All of us know that how you are a slaverer.
Even with your "brotherhood" name, you still lie!
Quote from: brotherhood of the dome
Calculating real size of Australia: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=73069.0
Watch and learn you ignorant don't aware of the place you are living on!
I know the place I live in, you don't.

What total rubbish! You cannot find accurate distances from the time of flights.
That depends on so many factors including high-speed head and tail-winds - jet streams, ever heard of them?

Yes, you can get a good approximation for the distances from flight times, as you do with:
Average flight time from
Calculating The true distance from Perth to Sydney= 805 kms/h x 3:55 = 3.158 kms.
Distance on the map (wrong distance from Perth to Sydney) = 3.290 kms.
So you disagree by 4% - BIG DEAL!

Now, Mr Brotherhood of the Dome, show me a flat earth map that has the distance from Perth to Sydney of 3158 kms.
Then use that method to calculate the true distance from Johannesburg to Sydney and from Sydney to Santiago.
I dare you to!

The flat earth map that we have shows Australia about 8,700 km wide?

Australia on Gleason's Map,
E-W 8,700 km and N-S 3,200 km

Australia on Google Earth,
E-W 3,700 km and N-S 3,200 km
So where is your true Flat Earth Map with all the correct distances - you failed in your attempt to make one!
Do you know something? Measured distances prove that the earth cannot be flat.

Bye bye Mr Failed Map Maker.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 02:42:48 PM »
And you continue to ignore distortion. It's not even a matter of the shape of the Earth, it's a matter of you not knowing how maps work.

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 02:44:24 PM »
The gaps only come into play when you RE-tards try to paste a perfectly fine flat map onto a fucking ball with no cause to do so...
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
All your flat earth map problems have been solved, totallackey has found a new perfect Flat Earth Map.

The New Standard Flat Earth as approved by totallackey

From: Paper Globes of Planets – Kağıttan Gezegen Küreleri
There is a slight problem! He let the rats get at it.

How many North Poles are there again Mt Totally Lacking?

The how do you fly from London to New York? Does the plane magically jump over the bits of "non-space" - STUPIDO!

Keep entertaining us with your stupidity, it just gets better and better.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »
And you continue to ignore distortion. It's not even a matter of the shape of the Earth, it's a matter of you not knowing how maps work.
I know how maps work! But no flat-earthers seem to.
A flat map of a flat earth should be simply a scale drawing of the flat earth.

If you disagree, please explain.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 02:49:23 PM »

I don't disagree, but you're reading those maps completely wrong and making yourself look silly. I'm just trying to help.

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 03:11:47 PM »

I don't disagree, but you're reading those maps completely wrong and making yourself look silly. I'm just trying to help.
Please explain, oh enlightened one.

But, remember a flat map of a flat earth need have no distortion.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »

Please explain, oh enlightened one.

But, remember a flat map of a flat earth need have no distortion.

Can we abandon that line of thought for one moment? Like I said, it's not about the shape of the Earth. Those longitudinal lines wouldn't have to deviate as approaching the edge on any flat map.
Therein lies your problem. You seem to ignore those lines altogether. Because you ignore these lines, you try to do things like measure by using un-scaled straight lines, which makes you look silly.
Please stop doing that. You're essentially arguing against a round Earth model. Seems counterproductive when you consider your position on that matter, no?

I am correct.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 04:57:04 PM »

I understand that they are working to getting this map. Maybe we'll see it in the near future. Who knows...
In "the near future"  ?
You must be a born optimist ! 😕
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 05:48:02 PM »

Can we abandon that line of thought for one moment? Like I said, it's not about the shape of the Earth. Those longitudinal lines wouldn't have to deviate as approaching the edge on any flat map.
You keep making vague statements like that, we'll put up or shut up!
Show us this flat earth map where those longitudinal lines do not deviate as approaching the edge of the flat map.

Therein lies your problem. You seem to ignore those lines altogether. Because you ignore these lines, you try to do things like measure by using un-scaled straight lines, which makes you look silly.
I do not have a problem at all, you will not face the simple fact that if the earth were flat, a flat map is simply a scale drawing of the earth.
Then any measurement between two points on the map with a ruler can be simply scaled up by the scale factor.
That is exactly what can be done on a map of a limited region of the Globe.

The problem is that on the Globe, flat maps of necessity all have scale distortion in some or all directions.
Please read, learn and inwardly digest, Geokov, Education, Map Projections - types and distortion patterns

If the earth were flat the scale factor of any flat map would be constant over the whole map.

Please stop doing that. You're essentially arguing against a round Earth model. Seems counterproductive when you consider your position on that matter, no?
No, I am not "arguing against a round Earth model"!

If you think that I am wrong, post a flat earth map and show why I am wrong.
But you never do that. You are all empty words.

If the earth were flat and shaped as in the "Ice-Ring map" then distances can simply be scaled up using the scale-factor of the map.
That scale-factor can easily be determined from the 24,900 mile diameter of the "known earth" in the Wiki. The 24,900 mile figure agrees closely with the corresponding measurement on the Globe, the polar circumference.

Australia Dimensions - Ice Ring Map
So from a map like this we can scale from that 24,900 miles to get the dimensions of say, Australia.
Actually, for more accurate results, I calculate the distances from lat/long, same result, but more accurate.

Now, if you disagree, please show exactly how you would find distances on that or any other flat earth map.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2017, 08:59:41 PM »
You're completely missing the point. I never claimed to have a flat Earth map. Clearly you can't move past that notion, and I'll stop trying here.

I am correct.