Flight Sydney to Santiago

• 79 Replies
Flight Sydney to Santiago
« on: November 25, 2017, 03:08:02 PM »
I read on the internet about the direct route from Sydney to Santiago, which would take about 11 hours (this time would be inconsistent with the flat earth map). Some people say this route would be fake, others say that the flat earth map is wrong and should be corrected, and others say the route would be there, and this short flightime would be possible due to the high speed of the southern wind that increases airplane speed, and of course the return time would be higher (some people say it would be 7 hours extra), the plane could not use the route because that air would blow in the opposite direction. An example in this video:

At 1:46

Another video here:

I do not know why the AE map is now disabled here https://earth.nullschool.net, maybe it's a bug.

In fake route version, some people say that a man can never embark on that flight, because either there are no free places anymore, or the flight is canceled, while the airlines offer instead an indirect route. In this video makes reference to that:

At 32:05

Has someone flown on this route ? And does it really take about 11 hours ?

In the wind version, I do not really understand how pilots or other people can not realize that the airplane travels a greater distance, or the airplane systems and tracking systems are configured with the map of the sphere, and for this reason, those systems provide fake data (regarding the traveled distance) ? Airplanes travel all time on that route at a higher ground speed than usual ?

Other routes similar to this one:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:53:39 AM by Mike91 »

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
Re: Flight Sydney to Santiago
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »
Does anyone search before making new topics?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 05:17:57 PM »
Does anyone search before making new topics?
I was just about to reply with, "Not another one."  But you were (much) quicker.

But, have you yet worked how all the long distance east-west flights that go all around the earth
         from Sydney to Santiago, Santiago to Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires to Johannesburg and Johannesburg to Sydney and
         the similar flights all around the Northern Hemisphere with a similar total distance
can possibly be fitted onto a flat surface.

I guess you'll just plead ignorance, the old Sergeant Schultz defense, "I know nothing, nothing!"

But you'll still claim,  "The earth looks flat,  I it must be flat!"

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »
It obviously still works.

I am correct.

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
No one actually believes in flat earth. Plus, if the earth was flat the center of the earth would not have any nights.
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »
Speak for yourself and stay on topic.

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 01:44:20 AM »
It obviously still works.
Sure, it works because the earth is a Globe, simple.

But since you've never come within cooee of proving that the earth is flat, I fail to see the logic in your claim.

Globe supporters tend to like supporting evidence fir what they believe,
but it does look as though the flat earth is simply a belief system that does not need evidence.

Nice to know, thanks.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 04:04:42 PM »
Isnt it interesting how flat earthers just avoid this topic. They just dont have any explanation for these flights other than to deny they exist, but they do.  But, if you pretend they dont exist then the must not exist.  Therefore your alternate reality of a flat earth still safely intact. 

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 04:49:37 AM »
There's not much to suggest this poses any kind of problem for FET, and this topic has been discussed hundreds of times. That's why it's avoided.

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 05:10:29 AM »
There's not much to suggest this poses any kind of problem for FET, and this topic has been discussed hundreds of times. That's why it's avoided.
No, it's avoided because flat earthers in general have no explanation for southern hemisphere distances.

You wriggle out using the Master Sargeant Shultz defence of "I know nothing"!

But, whether you like it or not most flat earthers seem to insist on that Ice-Wall map.
Just look at the lengths Totallackey goes to claim the South Pole doesn't exist and visits to Antarctica are forbidden and all that rubbish.

All you try to do is claim that since you don't know what the flat earth map looks like you can't be proven wrong.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 07:16:09 AM »
Which is wrong how?

I am correct.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 08:55:44 AM »
Which is wrong how?
It's wrong because until you can tell me, concretely, what the world is, it's very difficult to make a coherent argument for what the world isn't. Especially when the model you're attempting to argue against is providing all the information you refuse to give in terms of dimensions, placement and position of landmasses, and the observations that accurately bind all of that information together.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »
Which is wrong how?
Your claim to ignorance is a pure cop out.

You claim that the earth is flat because it looks flat, but haven't a clue what it looks like,
yet many others claim that the flat earth movement is on the verge of "taking over the earth".

It is totally laughable that the Flat Earth "Movement" claims to know the true shape of th earth,
yet you, such a long term member plead ignorance as to where Australia and South America are!

Go and ask Gotham for these maps,
yousurname is correct that the Earth is flat.  We have maps on our side of the truth divide when it comes to fact checking Earth shape.

Flat maps and their believers/followers have been around for much longer than the globe and round Earth believer crowd. I recommend skeptics of flat maps to do a study on map history.

Flat maps are being used in navigation by sea, ground and air made by cartographers so we can put that deflection to rest.  Oh, it is FE pilots that stand by these claims. 

Don't fear truth yousurname. Good to have you aboard.

Then youe esteemed pPlanar Moderator advises
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
You may want to spend more time studying Earth shape and less time nervous that we just may live on a Disc. I and many others have already spent a great deal of time realizing that your worries are for real but your fears are unnecessary as life goes on, regardless.

These Advanced Master workings should help:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.0
In which we find: brotherhood of the dome AKA İntikam posts:
. . . . .
As we know that this is the curve earth map!
Compare it:
Curve earth map:

Flat earth map:

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 11:00:51 PM »
According to what I'm finding the flight from Sydney to Santiago is 12 hrs and 20 minutes and from personal experience I know the flight from Sydney to Dallas is 15 hrs and 20 minutes. With the flat earth map wouldn't that flight from Sydney to Santiago pretty much fly right over Dallas? So how does the flight from Sydney to DFW possibly take 3 hours longer than the flight from Sydney to Santiago?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 12:24:59 AM »
According to what I'm finding the flight from Sydney to Santiago is 12 hrs and 20 minutes and from personal experience I know the flight from Sydney to Dallas is 15 hrs and 20 minutes. With the flat earth map wouldn't that flight from Sydney to Santiago pretty much fly right over Dallas? So how does the flight from Sydney to DFW possibly take 3 hours longer than the flight from Sydney to Santiago?
Yes, but flat earthers, when pressed, will claim that "flat earth map" is not "the official map", then plead ignorance as to a better map.
Ever tried debating with a bucket of eels?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »
I mean, if there are problems with the most used map, it's only because you don't know how to read maps.

I am correct.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that the so-called "flat earth map" is simply a copy of the Azimuthal Equidistant  Projection....of the globe.....with its inherent distortions.... especially south of the equator.
On the AEP, Antarctica is the ice ring, 78,000 miles in circumference !   :-)

Sorry !  That  WAS covered in Reply #12 re: AEP.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:48:00 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 07:58:21 AM »
Isnt it interesting how flat earthers just avoid this topic. They just dont have any explanation for these flights other than to deny they exist, but they do.  But, if you pretend they dont exist then the must not exist.  Therefore your alternate reality of a flat earth still safely intact.

Flat earthers avoid a few other things.....like the speed of radio waves......lasers....photography.....et cetera, et cetera, and so forth.
It seems if they don't know anything about a subject, they just deny that it doesn't exist.
I saw "Antarctica doesn't exist" on another recent topic.
Just like Australia, eh rabinoz ?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:52:49 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 08:15:59 AM »

Flat eaļrthers

Off topic, but that's probably the weirdest typo I've ever seen.

I am correct.

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 09:13:30 AM »
On the flat earth map, the Santiago-Sydney route, with stopover in North America, forms a straight line between those two locations. On the ball earth (Google Earth), if I start a stright line from santiago to northern America and then continue it (also right) to Sydney, at the end, the line does not reach in Australia, it reaches the opposite side of the continent at a distance of about 2000 miles from him. Also, the total indicated distance of the line is approximately 16,000 miles. Is Australia Placed Wrong on Flat Earth Map ?

Also on the flat earth map, the continent appears to be larger than the ball earth map.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »
On the flat earth map, the Santiago-Sydney route, with stopover in North America, forms a straight line between those two locations. On the ball earth (Google Earth), if I start a stright line from santiago to northern America and then continue it (also right) to Sydney, at the end, the line does not reach in Australia, it reaches the opposite side of the continent at a distance of about 2000 miles from him. Also, the total indicated distance of the line is approximately 16,000 miles. Is Australia Placed Wrong on Flat Earth Map ?

Also on the flat earth map, the continent appears to be larger than the ball earth map.

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that the so-called "flat earth map" is simply a copy of the Azimuthal Equidistant  Projection....of the globe.....with its inherent distortions.... especially south of the equator.
On the AEP, Antarctica is the ice ring, 78,000 miles in circumference !   :-)

Sorry !  That  WAS covered in Reply #12 re: AEP.

This is just proving my point that you simply don't know how to read maps.

The longitudinal and latitudinal extent of Antarctica (as compared to the azimuthal equidistant projection) is the same as on a Mercator projection or any other map. It wouldn't work as a map if it wasn't. There is no flat Earth map.

"Appearing to be larger" means nothing unless you account for distortion.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:42:08 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 12:34:42 PM »
Alright then as opposed to saying other people can't read maps how about providing us with a map that has the SYD to SCL flight path marked out and also has SYD to DFW marked out as well.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »
Alright then as opposed to saying other people can't read maps how about providing us with a map that has the SYD to SCL flight path marked out and also has SYD to DFW marked out as well.

I'm not a cartographer. Sorry.

I am correct.

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »
Well if the flat earth is a thing that actually exists shouldn't someone be capable of producing a map of it? Shouldn't this in fact be a rather trivial process?

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 12:54:23 PM »

The longitudinal extent of Antarctica (as compared to the azimuthal equidistant projection) is the same as on a Mercator projection or any other map. It wouldn't work as a map if it wasn't. There is no flat Earth map.

If the map of the flat earth from the Boston Library, was created only on the basis of a distortion of the Mercator, and the distances do not match it, this does not prove that the earth can not be flat, this may mean we not have yet a correct map of the flat earth. So it is not possible to obtain the correct map of flat earth, only in that way.

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 01:06:33 PM »
Well if the flat earth is a thing that actually exists shouldn't someone be capable of producing a map of it? Shouldn't this in fact be a rather trivial process?

I understand that they are working to getting this map. Maybe we'll see it in the near future. Who knows...

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »

Do you often make maps in your spare time?

The longitudinal extent of Antarctica (as compared to the azimuthal equidistant projection) is the same as on a Mercator projection or any other map. It wouldn't work as a map if it wasn't. There is no flat Earth map.

If the map of the flat earth from the Boston Library, was created only on the basis of a distortion of the Mercator, and the distances do not match it, this does not prove that the earth can not be flat, this may mean we not have yet a correct map of the flat earth. So it is not possible to obtain the correct map of flat earth, only in that way.

I'm not sure what map you're referring to.

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 02:18:09 PM »

According to gotham and many others the flat earth predates the Globe.
So are we expected to believe that it's been around for thousands of years, yet there are no accurate flat earth maps?

According to the infamous Brotherhood of the Dome there are something 15,000,000 flat earthers.
He claims:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Flat earth map:

Gotham insists many times that accurate flat earth maps are available:
I would also like to see more of FE maps put into textbooks that are used in schools.  The way things are now there are many more RE maps in books. Because the FE maps are so overlooked it makes the evidence harder to find.
Gotham wants to see more of FE maps put into textbooks, please explain just what "FE maps" could be "put into textbooks" if there are no official FE maps.
Then he writes:
. . . . We have maps on our side of the truth divide when it comes to fact checking Earth shape.

Flat maps and their believers/followers have been around for much longer than the globe and round Earth believer crowd. I recommend skeptics of flat maps to do a study on map history.

Flat maps are being used in navigation by sea, ground and air made by cartographers so we can put that deflection to rest.  Oh, it is FE pilots that stand by these claims. 
Yes, gotham claims, "We have maps on our side of the truth". So where are these maps?
Or does every flat earther have to have their own flat earth map?
Claiming that the earth is flat, yet having no idea of its basic continental layout is totally ridiculous and a pure cop out.

All you ever do is plead ignorance. Why ever do you bother posting in threads involving maps?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

According to gotham and many others the flat earth predates the Globe.
So are we expected to believe that it's been around for thousands of years, yet there are no accurate flat earth maps?

According to the infamous Brotherhood of the Dome there are something 15,000,000 flat earthers.
He claims:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Flat earth map:

Gotham insists many times that accurate flat earth maps are available:
I would also like to see more of FE maps put into textbooks that are used in schools.  The way things are now there are many more RE maps in books. Because the FE maps are so overlooked it makes the evidence harder to find.
Gotham wants to see more of FE maps put into textbooks, please explain just what "FE maps" could be "put into textbooks" if there are no official FE maps.
Then he writes:
. . . . We have maps on our side of the truth divide when it comes to fact checking Earth shape.

Yes, gotham claims, "We have maps on our side of the truth". So where are these maps?
Or does every flat earther have to have their own flat earth map?
Claiming that the earth is flat, yet having no idea of its basic continental layout is totally ridiculous and a pure cop out.

All you ever do is plead ignorance. Why ever do you bother posting in threads involving maps?

I post in these threads to make sure there are no misconceptions to newcomers.

The time that the flat Earth was the mainstream idea was before modern science existed, so your point is moot.

I am correct.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 05:17:59 PM »
I post in these threads to make sure there are no misconceptions to newcomers.

The time that the flat Earth was the mainstream idea was before modern science existed, so your point is moot.
Sure, over 2500 years before "modern science existed".
But, in any case I don't recall mentioning modern science. Modern science has nothing to do with the case.

So when do you claim your so called modern science started?

Was it in the 13th century when Iohannes de Sacrobosco wrote his treatise "De Sphaera" on the spheres, the earth and the celestial?
He wrote
THE EARTH A SPHERE. -- That the earth, too, is round is shown thus. The signs and stars do not rise and set the same for all men everywhere but rise and set sooner for those in the east than for those in the west; and of this there is no other cause than the bulge of the earth. Moreover, celestial phenomena evidence that they rise sooner for Orientals than for westerners. For one and the same eclipse of the moon which appears to us in the first hour of the night appears to Orientals about the third hour of the night, which proves that they had night and sunset before we did, of which setting the bulge of the earth is the cause.
And evidence "That the earth also has a bulge from north to south" and "That the water has a bulge and is approximately round".
Such "modern science"!
"De Sphaera"  was regarded as one of the most definitive treatments of Ptolemaic cosmology. Iohannes de Sacrobosco most assuredly believed the earth to be a Globe and with very distant sun, moon and stars.

Or did your modern science start in the 7 th century AD? When there were astronomers like The Venerable Bede who categorically asserted that "truly it is an orb placed in the centre of the universe".
Bede the Venerable
The monk Bede (c. 672–735) wrote in his influential treatise on computus, The Reckoning of Time, that the Earth was round. He explained the unequal length of daylight from "the roundness of the Earth, for not without reason is it called 'the orb of the world' on the pages of Holy Scripture and of ordinary literature. It is, in fact, set like a sphere in the middle of the whole universe." (De temporum ratione,). The large number of surviving manuscripts of The Reckoning of Time, copied to meet the Carolingian requirement that all priests should study the computus, indicates that many, if not most, priests were exposed to the idea of the sphericity of the Earth.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Bede was lucid about earth's sphericity, writing "We call the earth a globe, not as if the shape of a sphere were expressed in the diversity of plains and mountains, but because, if all things are included in the outline, the earth's circumference will represent the figure of a perfect globe... For truly it is an orb placed in the centre of the universe; in its width it is like a circle, and not circular like a shield but rather like a ball, and it extends from its centre with perfect roundness on all sides."
I could go back to about 500 BC and find that the earth was even then thought to be a Globe.

Your flat earth is a comparatively modern invention, being quite unlike any early flat earth concepts, just read the history of the "armillary sphere" or the  "spherical astrolabe" and see what some of the earliest ideas on the heavens were.

So your claim that you
"post in these threads to make sure there are no misconceptions to newcomers"
seems a little misguided.