old papers may be harmed by aging.
ANNIHILATOR OF JACK'INOZ

ANNIHILATOR OF JOHN TURD DAVIS

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Shia Islam and Flat Earth
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »
And that's your excuse for your obvious amateurish "Photoshopping"?

Now read this long book by Al Biruni and try to tell me that he does not consider the earth to be a Globe with a distant Sun, Moon, planets and stars!
          The Book of instruction on the elements of the art of astrology by al-Biruni
That has a "typewritten English translation with Biruni's Arabic text" and Biruni's Arabic text is a photocopy of Al Biruni's original book - al 364 pages of it.
Note that the word "astrology" in that book has much the same meaning as the current word "astronomy".

Read this extract from page 124:
     or would you prefer:

Note that Al Biruni writes, "The earth and the waters together form the one globe, surrounded on all sides by the air".

Whether you like it or not those early Muslim's believed the earth was a Globe and they followed the ideas of Ptolemy in his Almagest.
The name comes from, "Old French almageste, based on Arabic, from al ‘the’ + Greek megistē ‘greatest (composition)’."
And that book, Ptolemy's Almagest, was preserved from possible destruction by the Romans by those early people from Persia and Arabia.
You might read Muslim Heritage: Discover the golden age of Muslim civilisation, Transmission of Muslim Astronomy to Europe
                 and Muslim Heritage: Muslim Contribution to Astronomy.

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 09:03:35 PM »

Oh yes, of course. You can read it everywhere in the news papers. "Again mysterious text appeared on 2000 year old scripture". Because that's how aging works. Next thing you know, all the old people in the retirement homes have tattoos on their wrists saying "cut here". Because with age, things APPEAR in such a coordinated order that you can read texts!
Bollocks
Come on, what next? FE proposing terror attacks are radical islamists way of attacking flat earthers to stop them from spreading "the truth"?

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2019, 05:53:45 AM »
"Aging" does not only occur on specific sections of text.

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2019, 06:58:19 AM »
Hi,
I found another couple of narrations from 2 of our Imams (successors to the Prophet according to Shia ideology).
Once again, I dont know what they mean, however it might be interesting to quote them here.

Imam Rida (as) said:
“There are some pillars, but you do not see them”. (Bihar, vol. 60, p. 79, and Burhan, vol. 2, p. 278)

This is in reference to the Quranic verse http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/13:2
"It is Allah who raised the heavens without any pillars that you see, and then presided over the Throne. He disposed the sun and the moon, each moving for a specified term. He directs the command, [and] elaborates the signs that you may be certain of encountering your Lord. "

With reference to pillars, the other narration is from Imam Ali(as) below:

Imam Ali (as) said:
"These stars, which are in the sky, are some cities like the cities on the earth, every one of which is connected with another by means of a pillar of light.” (Safinat-ul-Bihar, vol. 2, p. 574)

I picked up these references from the following commentary about the Quranic chapter, Al-Raad.
https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-8/section-1-signs-allah-nature

The author(s) of the commentary seem to be aligned with the opinion that the earth is round, however, I still feel that there is something missing.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2019, 11:28:42 AM »
Ok. Here's another interesting find. I just bumped across it.

http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/cosmogony-v
The article above describes many concepts of Islamic/Shia ideologies behind the heavens and its creation.

Interestingly, it speaks of a young earth
The age of the world is often said to be 50,000 years, divided into five periods of 10,000 years each.

and also of seven earths
Parallel to the heavens there are also seven earths, each like a ring in a desert in comparison to the one above it

and also of multiple worlds
The “worlds” are numbered seven, twelve, twelve thou­sand, or even a million...

and many other things.

Please note that many of books/references mentioned in the article are subject to standard scrutiny of Islamic jurists who are capable of identifying the validity/authenticity of these narrations. More on authenticity of narrations here. https://www.al-islam.org/articles/al-hadith-analysis-and-overview-hashim

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2019, 11:53:20 AM »
Hi,
I found another couple of narrations from 2 of our Imams (successors to the Prophet according to Shia ideology).
Once again, I dont know what they mean, however it might be interesting to quote them here.

Imam Rida (as) said:
“There are some pillars, but you do not see them”. (Bihar, vol. 60, p. 79, and Burhan, vol. 2, p. 278)

This is in reference to the Quranic verse http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/13:2
"It is Allah who raised the heavens without any pillars that you see, and then presided over the Throne. He disposed the sun and the moon, each moving for a specified term. He directs the command, [and] elaborates the signs that you may be certain of encountering your Lord. "

With reference to pillars, the other narration is from Imam Ali(as) below:

Imam Ali (as) said:
"These stars, which are in the sky, are some cities like the cities on the earth, every one of which is connected with another by means of a pillar of light.” (Safinat-ul-Bihar, vol. 2, p. 574)

I picked up these references from the following commentary about the Quranic chapter, Al-Raad.
https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-8/section-1-signs-allah-nature

The author(s) of the commentary seem to be aligned with the opinion that the earth is round, however, I still feel that there is something missing.

Actually I was thinking stars being cities for a long while, but after I saw some videos taken by Nikon P900 I saw that they are not real objects. However, there is still a possiblity their view of moving images can be caused by being behind a moving body of water.

According to this theory, if there is another world at the sky so they are seing our cities as stars too.

But the earth is not round, stop to say this lie.

God says i Quran he has spreaded the earth like a carpet. Carpet is flat and rectangle. This is already one of the most possiblities. So that, either stop to say you think its being round or I'll start to think your being an infidel. Then your thoughts about shia scholars will be thoughts of an infidel means something else. I mean; I consider you a muslim talks about islam and consider your thoughts, but if I think you are not a muslim but talk about islam so my opinion about you changes.
ANNIHILATOR OF JACK'INOZ

ANNIHILATOR OF JOHN TURD DAVIS

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:49 PM »
Imam Rida (as) said:
Yes, it appears to be a direct reference to a dome or the like with magical pillars holding it up.
Unfortunately some people lie about this verse to pretend it means no pillars.

Islam itself is quite supportive of a flat Earth. It is just some "Muslims" who weren't using the Quran and instead using science to determine Earth was round.

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2019, 05:06:50 AM »
Hi everyone
I'm an Iranian religious researcher
I came to this website to inform you about a massive unrecognized resource of info on Flat Earth !
And that is :
Shia Islamic narrations from the first of twelve leaders of the Shiites who is Imam Ali (as)
Just yesterday i was reading a narration from this man in a book by the title "uyun al akhbar an Reza" and here's what i found him saying:

"And then a man stood up and ask him questions ... the man said: inform me of the size of the sun and the moon.
Imam Ali (as) replied :" they [both] are 900 Farsakh long and 900 Farsakh wide (each Farsakh is 5.8 kilometers)"

Pay attention how he :
-attributes the same size to both the sun and the moon
-estimates them to be  about 5200km wide
-uses only two dimensions instead of three !

Guys !  This is just one example
I know of many other narrations in Shia books confirming a flat earth

Anyone of you who has a question or wants further information, can reply to this post or just email me

aliabdoli77@yahoo.com

Ah. Good. Another religious argument. That'll clear things up.
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.