Why are satellites dismissed in FET ?

• 15 Replies
Why are satellites dismissed in FET ?
« on: November 21, 2017, 05:17:59 AM »
Satellites are not impossible on a Flat Earth. They could circle above the disc, around the North Pole, exactly the same as the Sun and Moon.

Since space agencies are full of lies, it's entirely possible that they operate satellites, while still lying about how they work.

I'm raising this point because REers are often criticized for bringing up arguments that do belong to the scientific model, but don't ultimately prove the roundness of the Earth. In a similar way, the non existence of satellites does nothing to prove the flatness of the Earth, or so it seems to me.

If anything, it raises many more problems... The number of people in on the conspiration goes way up ; satellite based technology is readily accessible and testable by individuals ; much of today's information would not exist without them (starting with weather forecast) ; etc.

It would be absolutely easier for FEers to accept satellites and just adapt them to FET, as they do with seasons and eclipses for example.

Still, it seems to be one of the few points that most FEers agree on. So I would like to see what it accomplishes. How is this point useful in FET ?

AltSpace

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Neo-Planarist
Re: Why are satellites dismissed in FET ?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:13:25 PM »
Satellites are not impossible on a Flat Earth. They could circle above the disc, around the North Pole, exactly the same as the Sun and Moon.
By whatever system is accepted to keep the celestial system rotating in the particular model, possibly. Unless they accept that there is something preventing anything from going high enough or that the celestial bodies are not physical.
Since space agencies are full of lies, it's entirely possible that they operate satellites, while still lying about how they work.
Though people can launch cubesats themselves without appealing to space agencies, so there could be nothing much to hide. I am not sure how easy it is, but Keplar's laws of orbit are recommended to take into account when launching it.
If anything, it raises many more problems... The number of people in on the conspiration goes way up ; satellite based technology is readily accessible and testable by individuals ; much of today's information would not exist without them (starting with weather forecast) ; etc.
They would work by Keplar's laws, which are based on the Round Earth, so either these laws match the FE way of orbit (like with some whirlpool circling above), or is a lie of some sort. Another thing to remember is that with things like ISS and cameras on satellites, you see apparent curvature and Zero-G, which you may say is faked, but if allowed, would have to be explained.
It would be absolutely easier for FEers to accept satellites and just adapt them to FET, as they do with seasons and eclipses for example.
The sun and moon would be satellites, what you are talking about is artificial satellites launched, which some do accept. I wouldn't have an issue with it, but I am neo-planarist anyways, so...
Still, it seems to be one of the few points that most FEers agree on. So I would like to see what it accomplishes. How is this point useful in FET ?
I would prefer a model which can adequately explain how satellites launched are able to be sustained circling the Earth. It could be good for FE.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 12:15:52 PM »
Yet again, no answer to my question.

Nearly every single message related to satellites on this board see FEers loudly claim that satellites are part of the conspiration...

But when asked precisely about it, nobody is going to answer. Except the one guy who believes they exist.

That's just sad. Next time, satellites are guaranteed to be treated as lies, and we still won't know why.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »
Except for the imaging and mapping satellites in polar orbits, which are completely impossible on a flat earth.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 03:03:50 PM »
Except for the imaging and mapping satellites in polar orbits, which are completely impossible on a flat earth.

The satellite could go from North Pole to Antarctica then circle around the wall of ice and come out the other way as a deception. I guess.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »

The satellite could go from North Pole to Antarctica then circle around the wall of ice and come out the other way as a deception. I guess.
It seems like it would take an awful lot of fuel to keep changing course like that all the time.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I'll go right back to the original question and not try to question whether satellites are or are not impossible on a Flat Earth.

In my opinion, satellites and all space missions have to be dismissed in FET simply because they immediately disprove the flat earth.

Just look up "Place of the Conspiracy in FET" in "the Wiki" and find that any personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET must be fabricated!
Look at this:
Place of the Conspiracy in FET
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The existence of such a huge quantity of false information indicates the existence of the conspiracy.

Essentially the reasoning boils down to -

P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET

C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence
From THE FLAT EARTH Wiki, Place of the Conspiracy in FET.

It clearly states "The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth" and "If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated".

So images like this clearly disprove a flat stationary earth and neither you nor I can personally verify them, hence to a flat earther they must be fabricated evidence - it's so simple.

So, you might as well give up! Even if you claim that you have personally verifiable evidence, that evidence is not personally verifiable by any flat earth believer.
And they simply do not want it verified, because that would destroy The flat earth myth.

Macarios

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 07:04:42 PM »
Problem is signal timing.
At the speed of light, signal time to the satellite and back clearly shows that geostationary satellites are at 22300 miles above the equator.
Since it is much higher that the dome, it is easier for them to try to discredit the whole thing, than to explain the reality.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

NAZA

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »
Yet again, no answer to my question.

Nearly every single message related to satellites on this board see FEers loudly claim that satellites are part of the conspiration...

But when asked precisely about it, nobody is going to answer. Except the one guy who believes they exist.

That's just sad. Next time, satellites are guaranteed to be treated as lies, and we still won't know why.

The problem is that even if the Flatters came up with some magical method for satellites to hover above the earth it doesn't change the geometry on earth.
Direct TV for instance has millions of dishes across America that point to a single spot in the sky on a globe earth.  On a flat earth each dish points to a different point in the sky depending on its location.
That's why they must claim towers and invisible ballons are used to fake satellites.
The only way the math works for dish alignment  is on a globe,  so the entire concept must be fake even though it's impossible to fake.
Satellites = Kryptonite
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:01:03 PM by NAZA »

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »
Like Rab said.... if I was in the ISS, saw the round earth.... that would not be personally verified by SGC... therefore the shape of the earth is relative to those that have seen it, and those that haven't.... hence, why I have a hard time with religion.

The probles, is that that wiki speaks in an absolute "IS FABRICATED"

So... by extension, if I got to an isolated tribe in South America and say.... the internet.... LIAR!!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:45:12 AM by RocketSauce »
Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »

Satellites aren’t changing positions all the time. There are thousands of satellites in specific orbits for specific tasks. There are hundreds of “dead” satellites in orbit. We have a junk yard of rocket bodies, bolts, and various pieces of junk that have now have become a serious hazard to our space program. There are several thoughts on how to clean this mess up. It’s only a matter of time before some catastrophic collision happens that makes satellites use around the earth impossible. And without access to satellites modern technology as we know it would come to an end.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:20:11 AM by suseuser »

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 12:16:17 PM »
It is impossible to apply a scientific process when a theory requires conspiracy to make the theory possible. Once a conspiracy becomes part of the equation you can pick and choose what is fact. It would be impossible to allow for satellites in a FE theory. There was a time when a FE debate might even be possible. That time has long passed with the advent of modern technology. We have the ability to communicate live with pretty much anyone anywhere in the world. There is not a single scientist in the world that accepts the FE theory. I don’t know of a single astronomer who will validate the FE concept. So all scientists have to be included in the conspiracy. When literally billions of people disagree with your position. A reasonable person would have to consider that maybe their beliefs may be incorrect. Otherwise you have to choose willful ignorance.

RocketSauce

• I kill penguins for fun
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
One day the sun is going to fart out a flare large and in the right direction to hit us, and our satellites are going to shit themselves.

Quote from: Every FE'r

Please don't mention Himawari 8
Quote from: sceptimatic
Impossible to have the same volume and different density.

*fact*
Extra Virgin Penguin Blood is a natural aphrodisiac

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »
You know everybody can just observe the satelites with telescope right?  http://www.n2yo.com  just use this website to check if any is moving close to you soon. We did it in high school like 10 years ago. How come can anybody be ignorant enough to not 'believe' in satellites. It's 2017 dang...

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 10:36:28 PM »
If satellites didn't exist I wouldn't be able to use my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. Earth blocks my view of Venus and must be destroyed.
The Earth won't be 'round much longer...
No, it spins on its axis and orbits the sun. The 2 are fundamentally different... Because when an object spins, it does so about its axis.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 12:11:48 AM »
It is impossible to apply a scientific process when a theory requires conspiracy to make the theory possible. Once a conspiracy becomes part of the equation you can pick and choose what is fact. It would be impossible to allow for satellites in a FE theory. There was a time when a FE debate might even be possible. That time has long passed with the advent of modern technology. We have the ability to communicate live with pretty much anyone anywhere in the world. There is not a single scientist in the world that accepts the FE theory. I don’t know of a single astronomer who will validate the FE concept. So all scientists have to be included in the conspiracy. When literally billions of people disagree with your position. A reasonable person would have to consider that maybe their beliefs may be incorrect. Otherwise you have to choose willful ignorance.

You are correct in what you say, but forget the fact that flat earth believers are not reasonable people.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these