Plane trip from Perth to Cape town

• 40 Replies
Plane trip from Perth to Cape town
« on: November 20, 2017, 03:38:08 PM »
Long story short I was messaging someone about flat earth recently and he said ''the plane that can fly the farthest can make trips from Perth to Cape town on one tank. But on the flat earth model the geography is distorted and the result is that the distance no matter which way you slice it is impossible''

I believe in the flat earth, but i had no idea how to respond to this. could anyone help me out with it? I kinda look like an idiot to him right now

Re: Plane trip from Perth to Cape town
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
Long story short I was messaging someone about flat earth recently and he said ''the plane that can fly the farthest can make trips from Perth to Cape town on one tank. But on the flat earth model the geography is distorted and the result is that the distance no matter which way you slice it is impossible''

I believe in the flat earth, but i had no idea how to respond to this. could anyone help me out with it? I kinda look like an idiot to him right now

Im not going to sugar coat this for you, so here it goes.  You look like an idiot because you believe in a flat earth.  The earth is round...period.  End of discussion.  There are many planes that can make it from Perth to Cape Town non-stop.  I dont believe any airlines are doing it currently.  SAA is currently flying JNB to PER, flight lasting around 11 hours.  This flight would be impossible if the earth actually were flat regardless of how distorted the map is.  Simple answer is, flights do exist and dont use any unusual aircrafts.  In the example I have listed an A340 is used.  This is the easiest way to stump a flat earther, just ask him how this kind of flight is possible on a flat earth.  None can give you an answer and for that reason and that reason alone, you prove the earth is round. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 08:45:07 PM »

As far as I know, there are no direct flights from Perth to Capetown, though QANTAS used to fly Perth to Johannesburg.
There are probably flights from Perth to Dubai, then to Capetown.

But with longer range planes QANTAS now fly direct from Sydney to Johannesburg, which is further!
Sydney has a much higher population than Perth, so there is probably a far bigger demand for the  direct Sydney to Johannesburg connection.

Here is one Sydney to Johannesburg flight.
QANTAS flight QF63 flew Sydney, Australia to Johannesburg, South Africa in 13 hrs 29 min (on May 6) and the Great Circle distance is 11,036 km

Flight QF63 Sydney to Johannesburg

NAZA

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:56:44 PM »

Get used to it.  You look like an idiot to almost everyone on earth, including 100% of scientists, cartographers, sailors, pilots, surveyors, satellite technicians,  etc.

It's the price you must pay for being ignorant. 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 09:32:00 PM »

The problem is there is really no accurate flat earth map.
Because the earth is not flat.
Because the earth is a globe.
If the map you are using as "the flat earth model" is the disc shaped "flat map" of the earth  - the map with the North Pole at the center and Antarctica shown as the "ice ring" around the edge and encircling the earth ' - the simple truth is that this map is really a flat representation of a spherical shaped object - the globe.
These maps are called projections.
This map is called "The North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection" - of the globe.
 Any type of projection - a two dimensional "flat map" of a three dimensional object - the globe - will have distortions in some areas.
In the AEP sizes and distances are distorted south of the equator on your "flat earth model" and that is why the distance from Perth to Capetown is shown so much longer than it actually  is on this map.
The globe shows correct sizes and distances any where on the globe.

I might also suggest that you might also note if there is anyhting unusual about the size and shape of Australia on your "flat earth model" ?

You are not an idiiot.
Maybe just ignorant , mis-informed, ill-informed or un-informed when it comes to the subject of maps of the earth.
It is really a fascinating subject called "cartography".....  The making of maps.
Too bad flat earthers don't trust those in many fields of study - such as cartography - and only trust what they
 (Quote) "Believe" (Unquote)  that the earth is flat.
Pity !!!!!
Welcome to the real world - the globe !!!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:59:03 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 01:56:36 AM »

Your best response is denial. Ask your friend if he's been on this flight. It's more than likely that he hasn't, in which case you can question how he knows the flight happens. If by remote chance he has been on the flight, then you can ask him how he can be sure that Perth and Cape Town are where he thinks they are. Point out to him that all maps are made by people who claim the earth is round and therefore can't be trusted.

You'll find denial to be a useful line of argument applicable to many aspects of flat-earthism.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 02:27:59 AM »
Your friend fucking lied to you and these RE_tards are lying to you right now.

There are no non-stop flights from Perth to Capetown.

There are no non-stop flights from Australia to South America or South Africa.

If you try to book an advertised non-stop flight, you will be charged for the flight (well over 2000 USD) whether you take it or not and if you do end up flying, your flight will almost certainly be redirected to a stop in Dubai.

Don't believe all the bulllshit these RE-tards are peddling.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 05:02:48 AM »

If you try to book an advertised non-stop flight, you will be charged for the flight (well over 2000 USD) whether you take it or not and if you do end up flying, your flight will almost certainly be redirected to a stop in Dubai.

Hey yousurname, does this post above seem idiotic to you? That's how you seem to your friend. Anyone with access to the internet and yet choses to believe some dumbass youtube uploader over the guys that created, maintain and expand said internet is idiotic. It's that simple.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 05:58:06 AM »

Hey yousurname, does this post above seem idiotic to you? That's how you seem to your friend. Anyone with access to the internet and yet choses to believe some dumbass youtube uploader over the guys that created, maintain and expand said internet is idiotic. It's that simple.
Hey, yousurname, any jackwagon with the username of SpaceCadet should be a dead giveaway...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:30:57 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 06:52:26 AM »
Make no mistake, if you believe the earth is flat YOU ARE AN IDIOT.  Given the onslaught, the deluge the overwhelming proof of a round earth, yes you are an idiot if you think otherwise.  These flight from South American to Australia do in fact exist and fly daily between these two continents.  This is easily confirmed by using pretty much any flight tracking website which works independently from all airlines themselves.  Also, you can use the airline themselves to track a flight number once in flight. Yes, there are many like totallackey that will try to mislead you.  How does GPS work if there arent satellites?  Your phone likely has a GPS setting that does allow you to track your position over the surface of the earth while in flight well beyond the range of any towers even over large expanses of water.  How on earth could this be possible if there were no satellites?  Sunsets, sunrise, seasons, times zones, lunar and solar eclipses all cannot be explained by any flat earther.  Why cant you see the north star in the southern hemisphere or the southern cross in the norther hemisphere?  Answer, earth is round.  You can view the ISS from your own house with a simple telescope for gods sake.  So yes, if you believe the earth is flat, you are an idiot and should be treated and regarded as such. 

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 07:08:07 AM »
I agree 100%

Make no mistake, if you believe the earth is flat YOU ARE AN IDIOT.  Given the onslaught, the deluge the overwhelming proof of a round earth, yes you are an idiot if you think otherwise.  These flight from South American to Australia do in fact exist and fly daily between these two continents.  This is easily confirmed by using pretty much any flight tracking website which works independently from all airlines themselves.  Also, you can use the airline themselves to track a flight number once in flight. Yes, there are many like totallackey that will try to mislead you.  How does GPS work if there arent satellites?  Your phone likely has a GPS setting that does allow you to track your position over the surface of the earth while in flight well beyond the range of any towers even over large expanses of water.  How on earth could this be possible if there were no satellites?  Sunsets, sunrise, seasons, times zones, lunar and solar eclipses all cannot be explained by any flat earther.  Why cant you see the north star in the southern hemisphere or the southern cross in the norther hemisphere?  Answer, earth is round.  You can view the ISS from your own house with a simple telescope for gods sake.  So yes, if you believe the earth is flat, you are an idiot and should be treated and regarded as such.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 08:33:08 AM »
You are full of shit.

Those flights do not fucking exist and there is no one confirmed instance of any reported "non-stop" flight being tracked from point A directly to point B.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »
You are full of shit.

Those flights do not fucking exist and there is no one confirmed instance of any reported "non-stop" flight being tracked from point A directly to point B.

You most definitely are the idiot.  Qantas flies between Santiago Chili to Sydney Australia 4 times a week.  Dont believe me, I can give you the flight numbers.  QF27 is Sydney to Santiago.  QF28 is Santiago to Sydney.  I will make it even easier for you because now i know your mentally challenged.  Here is the link so you can check for yourself. 

http://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-info/flight-status.html?flight-status-number=28&flight-status__type=departing&flight-status__date-field=19112017&flight-status__time-field=00%3A00-23%3A59&flight-status.search=true&%3Acq_csrf_token=undefined

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA28

There you have it, I rest my case.  Flight time around 14 hours Boeing 747-400 aircraft used.  Any response to my post other than an apology is more denial on your part.  You just dont like being called on your bullshit which clearly you are full of.  CHECK MATE bull shitter. 

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »
You are full of shit.

if you like, you can track QF28 from Santiago to Sydney right now.  Its been in flight now for nearly an hour.  Kinda strange though since it is flying south at the moment toward the "icewall".  One would think it would need to fly north if the earth actually were flat.  I bet you feel pretty stupid now dont you.  I love making you flat earthers look like idiots.

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
You are full of shit.

if you like, you can track QF28 from Santiago to Sydney right now.  Its been in flight now for nearly an hour.  Kinda strange though since it is flying south at the moment toward the "icewall".  One would think it would need to fly north if the earth actually were flat.  I bet you feel pretty stupid now dont you.  I love making you flat earthers look like idiots.

You do not know what the actual source of that little red line is...it could be some fucking kid with an Etch-A-Sketch in one hand and beating off to RE-tard porn with the other.

Plus, you only report on one section of a supposed flight. Plus, your provided testimony here is in direct contradiction to reasons provided by acknowledged authority as to why authorities could not more quickly locate missing Malaysian Airlines flights.

Acknowledged authority admits that flights over the vast majority of the Southern Pacific and Indian Oceans are incapble of accurate tracking and outside monitoring.

So go pound sand.

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
You are full of shit.

You do not know what the actual source of that little red line is...it could be some fucking kid with an Etch-A-Sketch in one hand and beating off to RE-tard porn with the other.

Plus, you only report on one section of a supposed flight. Plus, your provided testimony here is in direct contradiction to reasons provided by acknowledged authority as to why authorities could not more quickly locate missing Malaysian Airlines flights.

Acknowledged authority admits that flights over the vast majority of the Southern Pacific and Indian Oceans are incapble of accurate tracking and outside monitoring.

So go pound sand.

You said the flight didn’t exist, I am showing you that it in fact does.  Now, since you’re the flat earther, its your job to explain to all us normals how this flight can make it from Santiago to Sydney in 14 hours using a flat earth model.  Also, you can check this history of other flights in the past.  This site will give you check points the pilots used for the flight path.  None will show you a northbound heading.  So, unless you can explain how this flight can make it to Sydney in 14 hours on your flat earth than its you sir that must go pound sand… or apologize to me and all of intelligent humanity for insulting our round earth. 

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »
yousurname is correct that the Earth is flat.  We have maps on our side of the truth divide when it comes to fact checking Earth shape.

Flat maps and their believers/followers have been around for much longer than the globe and round Earth believer crowd. I recommend skeptics of flat maps to do a study on map history.

Flat maps are being used in navigation by sea, ground and air made by cartographers so we can put that deflection to rest.  Oh, it is FE pilots that stand by these claims. 

Don't fear truth yousurname. Good to have you aboard.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
yousurname is correct that the Earth is flat.  We have maps on our side of the truth divide when it comes to fact checking Earth shape.

Flat maps and their believers/followers have been around for much longer than the globe and round Earth believer crowd. I recommend skeptics of flat maps to do a study on map history.

Flat maps are being used in navigation by sea, ground and air made by cartographers so we can put that deflection to rest.  Oh, it is FE pilots that stand by these claims. 

You are both wrong, just because your the "moderator" and you think that give you some sort of credibility does not mean your right.  None of you maniacs can give any explanation for what this thread is about.  Just explain how a flight can take 14 hours going from Santiago Chile to Sydney.  Just explain that one topic.  None of you can and there is good reason for that.  Earth is round.  There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that even a 7 year old can easily understand to prove the earth is round.  I however just want the explanation of the title of this thread.  Explain how this flight is possible on a flat earth.  If your not going to do that then STFU

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 07:32:06 PM »
Everytime you post this, someone asks you to present your accurate flat earth map, but you never do!

Why?

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 09:19:26 PM »
Everytime you post this, someone asks you to present your accurate flat earth map, but you never do!

Why?

I think that they think that if they say it enough times, either to themselves or others, it makes it true.  All one has to do is say the earth is flat, no proof is needed. 

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 04:15:58 AM »
You are full of shit.

So go pound sand.

You said the flight didn’t exist, I am showing you that it in fact does.  Now, since you’re the flat earther, its your job to explain to all us normals how this flight can make it from Santiago to Sydney in 14 hours using a flat earth model.  Also, you can check this history of other flights in the past.  This site will give you check points the pilots used for the flight path.  None will show you a northbound heading.  So, unless you can explain how this flight can make it to Sydney in 14 hours on your flat earth than its you sir that must go pound sand… or apologize to me and all of intelligent humanity for insulting our round earth.
Your post does not demonstrate the flight exists.

It demonstrates your drawing exists.

Since you love to play with such drawings, go back to kindergarten and ask for your cot and milk and cookies.

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 04:23:46 AM »

You are both wrong, just because your the "moderator" and you think that give you some sort of credibility does not mean your right.  None of you maniacs can give any explanation for what this thread is about.  Just explain how a flight can take 14 hours going from Santiago Chile to Sydney.  Just explain that one topic.  None of you can and there is good reason for that.  Earth is round.  There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that even a 7 year old can easily understand to prove the earth is round.  I however just want the explanation of the title of this thread.  Explain how this flight is possible on a flat earth.  If your not going to do that then STFU
There is no proof a 14 hour flight has ever taken place.

There are claims a 14 hour flight has taken place.

That initial announcement of the flight having taken place could have been a one-time occurrence taking place on a specially modified plane.

Again, you cannot verify the actuality of these flights without subjecting yourself to conditions of non-refundable/non-transferable tickets or being redirected to a totally different flight with stops in between.

This leads most rational people to ask two questions:

1) Why the need to maintain to maintain the other non-direct flights, outnumbering the direct flights at three to one;
2) Why not increase the direct flights and at least offer the option to transfer the ticket to a later date?

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 04:35:51 AM »
The only people that deny the existence of these flights are flat earthers. Not the airlines, not the pilots, not the airport managements, not the people who take these flights, but some sill flat earther siting on his/her hands without ever EVER trying to book one of these flights, without trying to pay for one of these flights, without going to the airports to actually try board one of these flights.

Pilots have shown pictures from these flights. Passengers have admitted to being on these flights. John flaming Travolta welcomed passengers of one of these flights. Yet some single nitwit claims these flights do not exist.

When you think everyone in the world is insane except you, you are the one who is insane.

Still pounding sand, I see.

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 04:53:58 AM »
Again, you cannot verify the actuality of these flights without subjecting yourself to conditions of non-refundable/non-transferable tickets or being redirected to a totally different flight with stops in between.

1) Why the need to maintain to maintain the other non-direct flights, outnumbering the direct flights at three to one;
2) Why not increase the direct flights and at least offer the option to transfer the ticket to a later date?

1) Because the non-direct flights are meeting the demand for people wishing to fly to and from the intermediate destinations.
2) a) Not enough demand.
    b) I would guess that the transfer/refund status of these flights is fairly usual and would apply to many other routes.

?

frenat

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 05:47:39 AM »

That initial announcement of the flight having taken place could have been a one-time occurrence taking place on a specially modified plane.

Non direct flights connect at larger hubs with more traffic making them overall more profitable.  They also have more flight time over land so they can use different planes.  ETOPS regulations require that planes flying primarily over water have at least 3 engines so they have either 2 or 3 left is one shuts down.  The majority of planes in service have only 2 engines so they can't qualify for passenger service for those flights.
Transferability/refundability depends on when the ticket was purchased and for how much lust like any other flight in the world.

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 07:40:15 AM »
The only people that deny the existence of these flights are flat earthers. Not the airlines, not the pilots, not the airport managements, not the people who take these flights, but some sill flat earther siting on his/her hands without ever EVER trying to book one of these flights, without trying to pay for one of these flights, without going to the airports to actually try board one of these flights.
Missed the point I raised about non-refundable.

I am not going to place over 2000 USD at risk over a flight I cannot make at this time. When I have enough money saved up for a trip to Chile from the US, then from Chile to Australia, then from Australia back to the US, then I will give it a shot.

Having wrote all of that, the absolute very limit you can write is you also do not know if these flights truly exist. You believe these flights exist based on advertising and word of mouth.

Pilots have shown pictures purpotedlyfrom these flights. Passengers have admitted claimed to being on these flights. John flaming Travolta welcomed passengers of one of these flights. Yet some single nitwit claims these flights do not exist.

When you think everyone in the world is insane except you, you are the one who is insane.

Still pounding sand, I see.
I have not labeled anyone insane.

I called them liars.

People lie on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:46:15 AM by totallackey »

Zaphod

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
ETOPS rules in fact cover all extended operations regardless of number of engines or what your flying over (land or water). The key point is distance from a suitable diversion airfield. Different ETOPS certifications exist but the majority of modern twin jets will be working to ETOPS 180, so flights must be planned to always be within 3 hours of a suitable diversion airfield.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:03:59 AM by Zaphod »

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
ETOPS rules in fact cover all extended operations regardless of number of engines or what your flying over (land or water). The key point is distance from a suitable diversion airfield. Different ETOPS certifications exist but the majority of modern twin jets will be working to ETOPS 180, so flights must be planned to always be within 3 hours of a suitable diversion airfield.

By definition ETOPS stands for extended range TWIN engine operational performance standards, so its not all aircraft operation that ETOPS applies to, only twin engine planes. 

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »

Why on earth would multiple airlines advertise a flight that doesn’t exist?  Why would independently operated websites show these flights in fact do exist and show departure, arrival, flight duration and even seat sales of these flights?   Wouldn’t pretty much anyone with common sense (which clearly you have none of) make mention of these flights?  Don’t you think some airline employee or pilot or paying passenger would at some point say, “hey why do we advertise a flight that doesn’t exist”.  In fact, the exact opposite is true.  There are passengers, pilots and employees that make these flights available each and every day.  Remember, these airlines have a responsibility to their employees and share holders to MAKE A PROFIT.  That is their one and only job, show a profit.  Now, you don’t want to believe these flights exist, but in fact they do.  Why don’t you want these flights to exist?  Because it blows a giant hole in your flat earth theory, that’s it.  If these flights exist you will have to admit the earth is round.  So, go back into your dank little hole and live in a world where reality exists to everyone but you.  Unless of course you can PROVE the earth is flat, which you wont…because you cant.  LMFAO

Oh, I want to blow your “specially modified plane” theory out of the water now too.  These flights use long range aircrafts like the 787,747 or A340.  These are not specially modified plane, in fact they cant be.  Unless you can find one of these planes that can do mach 2.5.  Not one of these aircrafts are capable of doing more than mach .85.  So, there you have it.  Its so easy to make you look stupid mainly because you are. 

Zaphod

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »

By definition ETOPS stands for extended range TWIN engine operational performance standards, so its not all aircraft operation that ETOPS applies to, only twin engine planes.

I'm could be wrong but I think the FAA changed the definition a few years ago, but yes the origin of the acronym and the policy was twin engined a/c ops.