Flat Earth model you accept or favor

• 3 Replies

AltSpace

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Neo-Planarist
Flat Earth model you accept or favor
« on: October 07, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »
What do you believe in, in terms of an explanation of the universe and Earth, as a model?

I want to know the basic views here. If you are unsure or don't really accept any in particular, explain what one you find most appealing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Flat Earth model you accept or favor
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 03:15:13 PM »
Brother AltSpace

This is a question that must be thought over with some thought.

I will dedicate an upcoming study to this question.

AltSpace

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Neo-Planarist
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:21:54 PM »
Brother AltSpace

This is a question that must be thought over with some thought.

I will dedicate an upcoming study to this question.
By model, I simply mean what you believe about the Earth we live on it, how do you explain it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »
I believe the ancient Flat Earth model of described in the Book of Enoch is correct. Strictly speaking, the Earth consists of the Afro-Eurasian landmass. Jerusalem is literally the geographical centre of the earth. Those three continents are the earth surrounded by an outer ocean. North and South America are hyperborea and Atlantis, respectively. These two as well as Australia and Greenland are but islands in the outer ocean which is surrounded by an outer earth on four edges. The four walls of heaven rest on these four edges with a dome on top.

The Book of Enoch was ruled out of the Bible at the Synod of Laodicea in A.D. 378, and I agree with that decision. It is an ancient book that people had corrupted, and the extant copy was not precisely identical with what Enoch himself had originally written. That does not mean the book is not useful or does not contain important knowledge. The Orthodox Church has high standards for what is considered holy scripture and the volume they had failed the test. In my opinion, people who condemn the Church for that reason indicate only their own lack of sagacity.

I like the first century A.D. cosmological tract ascribed to Dionysios the Areopagite as well as the ‘Christian Topography’ by Cosmas Indicipleustes. While I generally follow the model of Cosmas Indicopleustes, I think Rowbotham’s book forms an important supplement. For example, the measurements of the distance of the sun as 700 miles away in Rowbotham’s Book are closer to the truth than Cosmas’s estimate of the sun as roughly a third the size of the earth.