List Of Things That Don't Exist To Round Earthers

• 112 Replies
Re: List Of Things That Don't Exist To Round Earthers
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 03:50:56 AM »
I recently went on vacation to the beach. The ships disappeared as they faded into the distance. However, we have several working theories on why ships disappear mast first. There is the non-euclidean theory. There is the fact that nearby waves appear larger than the distant in actuality larger ship. There is perspective as described by Rowbotham. There is what some opponents have called 'bendy light' or the electromagnetic accelerator. There is simple refraction. The list goes on.

To me, it sounds like you are ignorant to our beliefs and have come here to stomp about, call us foolish and unemployed. In reality, I do work in a field of work in the real (flat) world. I am a software engineer. I was trained in Mathematics and Computer Science.
RE-tards have zero explanation as to why I can stand on a shore at the south tip of Lake Michigan, looking north at a ship sailing away directly to north, disappears from my sight.

They all chime in..."It is disappearing from sight because it is going under the horizon..."

When confronted with the fact that same ship traveling to the east or west of my position along the shoreline of Lake Michigan will remain well in my view for many miles longer than it did when traveling to the north, there is the sound of fucking RE-tard crickets...

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2017, 04:18:45 AM »
I recently went on vacation to the beach. The ships disappeared as they faded into the distance. However, we have several working theories on why ships disappear mast first. There is the non-euclidean theory. There is the fact that nearby waves appear larger than the distant in actuality larger ship. There is perspective as described by Rowbotham. There is what some opponents have called 'bendy light' or the electromagnetic accelerator. There is simple refraction. The list goes on.

To me, it sounds like you are ignorant to our beliefs and have come here to stomp about, call us foolish and unemployed. In reality, I do work in a field of work in the real (flat) world. I am a software engineer. I was trained in Mathematics and Computer Science.
RE-tards have zero explanation as to why I can stand on a shore at the south tip of Lake Michigan, looking north at a ship sailing away directly to north, disappears from my sight.

They all chime in..."It is disappearing from sight because it is going under the horizon..."

When confronted with the fact that same ship traveling to the east or west of my position along the shoreline of Lake Michigan will remain well in my view for many miles longer than it did when traveling to the north, there is the sound of fucking RE-tard crickets...

And you can't see how this shows you stand on a very very large (with respect to you) sphere?

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2017, 04:37:28 AM »

And you can't see how this shows you stand on a very very large (with respect to you) sphere?
A sphere would be a sphere regardless of the direction I face Copernicus...

What a moran...

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2017, 05:49:33 AM »

What a moran...
And a horizon formed because of the limits of perspective would leave it vanishing at exactly the same point regardless of which direction it was going on a flat Earth. Although I suppose you've done that hip and trendy new thing of coming up with your own idea for why the horizon exists or the sun sets huh?

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2017, 05:55:52 AM »

What a moran...
And a horizon formed because of the limits of perspective would leave it vanishing at exactly the same point regardless of which direction it was going on a flat Earth. Although I suppose you've done that hip and trendy new thing of coming up with your own idea for why the horizon exists or the sun sets huh?
And "bendy water," would be "bendy water," over the "curve," at the exact same distance from the observer to the East/West/North.

But the ship remains in view to the East or West from the observer in my example...

?

frenat

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2017, 06:08:00 AM »

What a moran...
And "bendy water," would be "bendy water," over the "curve," at the exact same distance from the observer to the East/West/North.

But the ship remains in view to the East or West from the observer in my example...
Any proof of your example?

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2017, 06:21:09 AM »
Any proof evidence  of your example?
Yes.

Personal observations of boats in operation in Lake Michigan.

?

frenat

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2017, 06:38:59 AM »
Yes.

Directly contradicts my personal observations.  How did you measure the distance of the boats in each direction?

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:46 AM »

What a moran...

I see I'll have to be less subtle next time. I call bullshit. See: Frenat's post, although my observations are upon Superior.

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »
Yes.

Directly contradicts my personal observations.  How did you measure the distance of the boats in each direction?
Known distances to landmarks/buoys in each direction.

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2017, 08:29:37 AM »

What a moran...

I see I'll have to be less subtle next time. I call bullshit. See: Frenat's post, although my observations are upon Superior.
I call bullshit on you.

Anyone of you can come here to the southern tip of Lake Michigan and see quite clearly there are boats in operation along the shoreline of Lake Michigan that are clearly visible when according RE-tard claims they should not be visible.

?

frenat

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2017, 09:12:32 AM »

What a moran...

I call bullshit on you.

Anyone of you can come here to the southern tip of Lake Michigan and see quite clearly there are boats in operation along the shoreline of Lake Michigan that are clearly visible when according RE-tard claims they should not be visible.
I've been there and again your experience directly contradicts mine.  I've seen the same thing on the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »

What a moran...

I call bullshit on you.

I've been there and again your experience directly contradicts mine.  I've seen the same thing on the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.
As have I.

I have seen points of call and boats operating in the water a short distance from the beach dotting the shoreline within the Gulf of Mexico, when according to RE-tards, those boats or ports of call should be hidden away out of sight because we supposedly live on a ball.

?

frenat

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »

What a moran...

I call bullshit on you.

As have I.

I have seen points of call and boats operating in the water a short distance from the beach dotting the shoreline within the Gulf of Mexico, when according to RE-tards, those boats or ports of call should be hidden away out of sight because we supposedly live on a ball.
Depends on the distance and the height of the observer.
I've stood on the beach at Mexico Beach FL at the Bay/Gulf county line.  From that point, looking directly South, one can see the trees of Cape San Blas but not the beach or water line.  I've verified they were still not visible with binoculars as well.  But climbing up the ~15 feet to road level and they were visible with no magnification.

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2017, 10:58:23 AM »

What a moran...

I call bullshit on you.

As have I.

But to be fair totalwacky, you aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed.  You were absolutely positive flights could not make if from South America to Australia and I have shown you it is  now possible and its done on a daily basis.  So, how are we to tell that your now a good judge of distance.  Maybe whatever boat you were looking at was only a short distance away, maybe you were seeing things, maybe you don’t know there is this thing called refraction that actually does make it possible to see things, under certain conditions, that would normally be out of view.  Many have reported seeing Chicago from the Michigan coastline.  We know that because of the curvature of the earth this is not possible.  Refraction does make it possible on rare occasions.  If the earth were flat you would be able to see Chicago EVERYDAY, not on rare occasions.  Once again, you are an excellent example of one who thinks he is smarter than he actually is.  There are a few of you guys in here actually.  It my job to come here to make you guys look stupid, quite easy actually. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2017, 12:41:23 PM »
As have I.

What about some actual figures of heights and distances?
FEers rarely know how to calculate "hidden height". They blindly follow magic 8" x miles squared and think it works everywhere.

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2017, 04:35:13 AM »
But to be fair totalwacky, you aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed.  You were absolutely positive flights could not make if from South America to Australia and I have shown you it is  now possible and its done on a daily basis.  So, how are we to tell that your now a good judge of distance.  Maybe whatever boat you were looking at was only a short distance away, maybe you were seeing things, maybe you don’t know there is this thing called refraction that actually does make it possible to see things, under certain conditions, that would normally be out of view.  Many have reported seeing Chicago from the Michigan coastline.  We know that because of the curvature of the earth this is not possible.  Refraction does make it possible on rare occasions.  If the earth were flat you would be able to see Chicago EVERYDAY, not on rare occasions.  Once again, you are an excellent example of one who thinks he is smarter than he actually is.  There are a few of you guys in here actually.  It my job to come here to make you guys look stupid, quite easy actually.
Having observed Chicago from the Lake Michigan coastline on many occasions from both Michigan City, IN, and New Buffalo, MI, I can state beyond all doubt it is not refraction that allows such a view.

To be fair, you are a total fucking idiot for making the claim Chicago should be visible everyday if you are standing on the Michigan coastline of Lake Michigan.

What a fucking moran.

Fog and clouds do not exist in your mind...and there is no way possible for it to be clear where you are standing and fog and mist to exist at some random point in between you and Chicago at the same time, right?

Please just GFY incessantly until you just can't take it anymore.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:36:56 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2017, 11:00:04 AM »
Having observed Chicago from the Lake Michigan coastline on many occasions from both Michigan City, IN, and New Buffalo, MI, I can state beyond all doubt it is not refraction that allows such a view.

To be fair, you are a total fucking idiot for making the claim Chicago should be visible everyday if you are standing on the Michigan coastline of Lake Michigan.

What a fucking moran.

Fog and clouds do not exist in your mind...and there is no way possible for it to be clear where you are standing and fog and mist to exist at some random point in between you and Chicago at the same time, right?

Please just GFY incessantly until you just can't take it anymore.

So then prove that its not refraction.  If its not refraction Chicago should be visible everyday, not just once or twice a year.  Find something, just one thing to prove the earth is flat.  You have nothing, NOTHING, not one of you have anything other than "it looks flat out my window".  Genius you are not

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »

Fuck that shit.  That's not the way of the flattie.  Get with the program, daddy-o.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2017, 12:36:58 PM »

Fuck that shit.  That's not the way of the flattie.  Get with the program, daddy-o.
Sorry, I'm so pre-millennial that I find it hard to get used to this new "no factual evidence needed regime". Now faux-fax is all we need.
Should be easy to fit into the Aussie "She'll be right" mentality.

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2017, 06:08:12 AM »
So then prove that its not refraction.  If its not refraction Chicago should be visible everyday, not just once or twice a year.
Stop acting like a stupid fucking RE-tard. Chicago is visible more than once or twice a year.

Refraction has nothing to do with it.

The concept that it can be clear at my point and foggy or misty or cloudy between my point and Chicago is absolutely lost on your pea brain. 
Find something, just one thing to prove the earth is flat.  You have nothing, NOTHING, not one of you have anything other than "it looks flat out my window".  Genius you are not
Until you can find something that needs addressing or until you can demonstrate any semblance of critical thought I see no need to come up with anything else. You have yet to refute my statements here.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:58:46 AM by totallackey »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »

• Their Five Senses

If all your sense experience, during your entire life, tells you directly that the earth is flat, why would you be so foolish as to ignore it? It would be as if everybody told me that fae existed. It would be foolish for me to believe in fae based off this tertiary evidence.

If you should go to sea and observe the horizon and how ships and the land appear and disappear you would be foolish to think the earth was flat and there was no curvature . As a matter of fact, if you worked in some field of work in the real world - any field or area of work -  it would be foolish to even think that the earth was anything but the globe that it is.

The trouble with fe's is that they suffer from an acute case of myopia. Open your eyes and visit an astronomical observatory some time. But I suppose that is against the rules of the FES. You might learn something.

Mr.Davis (I don't even know if that is your real name) I don't mean to be rude, but it may come across that way to you.
But you and and most fe's just make yourself  look ignorant and stupid with all your foolishness.
Maybe that is the real purpose of this website.
To show just how stupid the idea of a flat earth really is.
We know how things are in the real world.I'm not ignorant of your so-called "beliefs", such as they are .
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2017, 12:57:58 PM »
[ul]
  • Their Five Senses
[/ul]

If all your sense experience, during your entire life, tells you directly that the earth is flat, why would you be so foolish as to ignore it? It would be as if everybody told me that fae existed. It would be foolish for me to believe in fae based off this tertiary evidence.

Funny, all my senses tell me the opposite when traveling down I10

Or when watching sunsets

If you really believe those power poles show the curvature of the earth you're dumber than I thought.  That's called a hill. If it WERE the curvature of a round earth that earth would have to be like 50 miles in diameter.  So now I've just proven that you are an idiot. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

?

frenat

« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
Thos power poles are on water, no hill.  The view is zoomed in so it appears closer. 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2017, 03:09:55 PM »
Thos power poles are on water, no hill.  The view is zoomed in so it appears closer.

If you are not familiar with telephoto lens on  cameras, those photogaphs might seem look strange to you.
But you have to get at just the right distance, the right lens, the right film, the right exposure and possibly the right processing to get photos like those.
Those telephoto lenses also get distances distorted, especially when zoomed in, either when taking the photo or processing it for the final print, especially as in the photo of the power line poles, where the distances appear to be compressed.
Note also the distinct line of the horizon in both photos, which goes against the flat earth idea.

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2017, 03:38:07 PM »

• Their Five Senses

If you should go to sea and observe the horizon and how ships and the land appear and disappear you would be foolish to think the earth was flat and there was no curvature . As a matter of fact, if you worked in some field of work in the real world - any field or area of work -  it would be foolish to even think that the earth was anything but the globe that it is.

The trouble with fe's is that they suffer from an acute case of myopia. Open your eyes and visit an astronomical observatory some time. But I suppose that is against the rules of the FES. You might learn something.

You are saying that the ships faded into the distance ? What was the distance ? You say you can bring it back into view with s
 telescope ?
Because the earth is a flat disc ?

If you would ask a lookout standing on the beach, they  would tell you that they could only see about 2 or 3 miles to the horizon and they watched a ship sail away from them. ? They would say that when they see a ship pass over and beyond the horizon, first , the hull and lower decks of the ship disappear first and the tops of the masts are the last things they see ànd they would  say there is no way that they can bring that ship back into view, no matter how high power a telescope they use ? Because the earth is a round globe ?

One of you must be telling the truth. Which one ?

You also say that you are a Software Engineer with training in Mathematics and Computer Science.
Have you ever been to sea or worked or studied in any field such as oceanic or aeronautical navigation is concerned  ?
Not here to stomp about. Just here to inject a bit of reality.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:31:20 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2017, 03:51:52 PM »
You also say that you are relyiing on the writings of a 19th Century person named Samuel Birley Rowbotham.

The lookout would tell you that he was relying on his training and a 21st Century Manual For Lookouts written and published by the Navy in his country.
 (The United States Navy in this example.)

One of these sources must be true. Which one ?

Chorus:

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2017, 06:18:54 AM »
[ul]
  • Their Five Senses
[/ul]

Or when watching sunsets

If you really believe those power poles show the curvature of the earth you're dumber than I thought.  That's called a hill. If it WERE the curvature of a round earth that earth would have to be like 50 miles in diameter.  So now I've just proven that you are an idiot. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

So water can make hills?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
[ul]
  • Their Five Senses
[/ul]

Or when watching sunsets

So water can make hills?

It's anything you can imagine or make up if you're a flat earther !   😆

My questions seem to have fallen on deaf ears.
No response from Mr. Davis or any other flat earther.
Maybe deafness is something that does exist to flat earthers.😕
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:22:39 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

NAZA

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2017, 08:59:54 AM »
[ul]
  • Their Five Senses
[/ul]

Or when watching sunsets

Well I could call you an idiot for thinking the power line was over blue land but I don't think it's necessary.
But you did prove my point: Using one of your five senses you saw the curve of the earth.
You just didn't have the sense to realize that "hill" was water.
You also didn't have the sense not to shoot yourself in the foot.