Give me any argument that proves the flat earth, I will refute it.

• 59 Replies

The globe

• Hello :V
I am not a flat earther, I believe in the round earth 🌏 and I will prove flat earth is not real, give me any argument that “proves” the flat earth and I will refute it with the correct scientific explanation. Now try prove your flat earth, let’s see if it is coherent and follows the laws of physics. Good luck, you will need it. 😁😛

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Give me any argument that proves the flat earth, I will refute it.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
Looks flat to me.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:50:51 AM »
Looks flat to me.
Thank God you have calibrated eyes ;D

Mike
Since it costs 1.82¢ to produce a penny, putting in your 2¢ if really worth 3.64¢.

NAZA

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »
Looks flat to me.

There you have it, the sum total of evidence for a flat earth.

Gonna be a short thread.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:04:04 AM »
Water level.
Game over.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 09:04:16 AM »
Conspiracies exist.   Therefore all conspiracies are true.  Therefore the conspiracy to hide the shape of the earth is true.  Ergo, the world is flat.

Cold. Hard. Logic.

You lose.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 09:29:50 AM »

Gonna be a short thread.

Somehow I doubt it
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 11:24:36 AM »
I am not a flat earther, I believe in the round earth 🌏 and I will prove flat earth is not real, give me any argument that “proves” the flat earth and I will refute it with the correct scientific explanation. Now try prove your flat earth, let’s see if it is coherent and follows the laws of physics. Good luck, you will need it. 😁😛

Prove the Earth is a globe

The globe

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »
Water level.
Game over.

Do you know what is the center of mass? On a round earth everything would attracted to the center of mass of the earth, that is its center, that is why water seems to be in level even when the earth it’s round.
In a flat earth the center of mass would be somewhere below the North Pole, so everything would be attracted to the North Pole and there would be a gigant ocean in the north hemisphere. Argument refuted, game over
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:11:11 PM by The globe »

The globe

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »
Looks flat to me.

The problem with the flat earthers is that they want to prove things only by what you can experiment with your senses, the earth is a really big sphere with 12,000 kilimeters of diameter, for example for a bacteria a bowling ball would seem flat.
For a project in my school we launched a chasat and when it was about 27,000 meters high, the curvature could be clearly seen in the cameras.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »
Water level.
Game over.

Do you know what is the center of mass? On a round earth everything would attracted to the center of mass of the earth, that will be its center, that is why water seems to be in level even when it’s round.
In a flat earth the center of mass would be somewhere below the North Pole, so everything would be attracted to the North Pole and there would be a gigant ocean in the north hemisphere. Argument refuted, game over

An infinite flat Earth would not have a center of gravity.

Check and mate.

The globe

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »

Here are your proofs, enjoy your refuted argument

1.- there are thousand of photos from the earth from sparse from the NASA, ESA, Japanese space agency, Chinese space agency and Russian space agency.
2.- in your flat earth the transpolar flights would be imposible
3.- how in a flat earth the star trails change direction in the north and the south emisphere
4.-how can a 50 miles of diameter sun produce the fusion of hydrogen in its nucleus
5.- why would the government hide the shape of earth, what will they win with that
6.- lunar eclipses
And I can continue with a lot more proofs, here are your proofs that earth is round.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »
Looks flat to me.

The problem with the flat earthers is that they want to prove things only by what you can experiment with your senses, the earth is a really big sphere with 12,000 kilimeters of diameter, for example for a bacteria a bowling ball would seem flat.
For a project in my school we launched a chasat and when it was about 27,000 meters high, the curvature could be clearly seen in the cameras.

So your refutation is 'looks round to me'?   :o

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »

3.- how in a flat earth the star trails change direction in the north and the south emisphere

Change direction? 

JackBlack

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 12:14:59 PM »
Water level.
Game over.
If your intent is to prove a round Earth, then mostly over, you need to go a bit further though.

Water seeks to be level, not flat.

The fact that you can observe objects above the water, from above the water, with parts of the object (which are above the water) being obstructed by the water indicates that this water level must be round.

The globe

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
Water level.
Game over.

Do you know what is the center of mass? On a round earth everything would attracted to the center of mass of the earth, that will be its center, that is why water seems to be in level even when it’s round.

An infinite flat Earth would not have a center of gravity.

Check and mate.

The flat earth sistem tells that earth is a frisbee in the middle of nothing and it’s limits are the antártica that is a gigant ice wall that keeps all the water in earth and prevents it from escaping to that nothing, so it’s no infinite.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 01:28:03 PM »

the existence of a horizon, sun set, sun rise, lunar eclipse, solar eclipse, space travel, gravity ....

you need more?

The globe

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »
Looks flat to me.

So your refutation is 'looks round to me'?   :o

Yes it is, do the calculations and you will notice earth is huge, it has 40,000 km of circumference and an average human being is 1.80 meters tall, compared to earth you are nothing and also you are too close to the ground to see curvature, you have to be at least 25,000 meters above the surface to start seeing curvature.
Also airplanes fly at an altitude of 10 kilometers so don’t try refuting this argument with “I can’t see curvature when I’m in an airplane”

The globe

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »

Change direction?
Stars trails in the Northern hemisphere rotate around the polar star and they do it in counterclockwise direction but when you go to the Southern Hemisphere the stars trails rotate in clockwise direction around the south celestial pole, in a flat earth that change is imposible.
If you don’t know what star trails are, then look for it in google.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »

Change direction?
Stars trails in the Northern hemisphere rotate around the polar star and they do it in counterclockwise direction but when you go to the Southern Hemisphere the stars trails rotate in clockwise direction around the south celestial pole, in a flat earth that change is imposible.

So, star trails in the Southern hemisphere travel West to East?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 02:52:08 PM »

3.- how in a flat earth the star trails change direction in the north and the south hemisphere

Change direction?
Stars trails in the Northern hemisphere rotate around the polar star and they do it in counterclockwise direction but when you go to the Southern Hemisphere the stars trails rotate in clockwise direction around the south celestial pole, in a flat earth that change is impossible.

Expecting a bull-moose to actually read more than two words is a bit too much, I guess, but The globe did say: "Stars trails in the Northern hemisphere rotate around the polar star and they do it in counterclockwise direction but when you go to the Southern Hemisphere the stars trails rotate in clockwise direction around the south celestial pole."

Saying, "counterclockwise direction" and "rotate in clockwise direction" surely removes any ambiguity.

If you can't fit that in with your pizza planet ideas, that's your problem,

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 03:15:05 PM »

3.- how in a flat earth the star trails change direction in the north and the south hemisphere

Change direction?
Stars trails in the Northern hemisphere rotate around the polar star and they do it in counterclockwise direction but when you go to the Southern Hemisphere the stars trails rotate in clockwise direction around the south celestial pole, in a flat earth that change is impossible.

Expecting a bull-moose to actually read more than two words is a bit too much, I guess, but The globe did say: "Stars trails in the Northern hemisphere rotate around the polar star and they do it in counterclockwise direction but when you go to the Southern Hemisphere the stars trails rotate in clockwise direction around the south celestial pole."

Saying, "counterclockwise direction" and "rotate in clockwise direction" surely removes any ambiguity.

If you can't fit that in with your pizza planet ideas, that's your problem,

Anywhere you face North the stars appear to travel CCW.
Anywhere you face South the stars appear to travel CW.

Do you agree?

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
“If I don’t understand something learned through science, it means that it’s false. If it is false, it means that someone just made it up. If someone just made it up, then I’m allowed to make things up, too. If I make it up, then I’ll understand it. Therefore, my made-up thing is better than science,” said the flat-Earther.
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »
“If I don’t understand something learned through science, it means that it’s false. If it is false, it means that someone just made it up. If someone just made it up, then I’m allowed to make things up, too. If I make it up, then I’ll understand it. Therefore, my made-up thing is better than science,” said the flat-Earther.

"Without Google I'm lost", said the round Earther.

(except rabinoz.)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 04:42:14 PM »
Irrelevant, the topic is "Give me any argument that proves the flat earth, I will refute it."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

(except rabinoz.)
Do you really mean, " 'With Google I'm lost', said RABinOZ"?

JackBlack

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
That isn't the issue.
The issue is that there are these 2 celestial poles which are always 180 degrees apart. That is what makes it impossible.

JackBlack

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 11:22:06 PM »
Some times. Those with a lower angle of elevation that the celestial pole do. And that applies in the northern hemisphere as well.
But that isn't what they meant.

Anywhere you face North the stars appear to travel CCW.
Anywhere you face South the stars appear to travel CW.

Do you agree?
No.
I face north in the southern hemisphere, and note stars that are still south of the celestial equator appear to travel differently to those north of the celestial equator.
That is the come from the right quite far back, circle around in front of me, and then proceed off the west moving behind me.
meanwhile, those north of the celestial equator come from far off in the distance from the right, come towards me as it moves to the left, then recedes away.
Meanwhile, if I turn to the south and face stars that are south of me, the appear from the left in the distance (below the horizon) come towards me and move away as they move right.
Some times they don't go below the horizon and instead appear to drop and move to the left before raising again and moving right.

It is difficult to say if these are going CW or CCW as it depends upon how you try to project them to a flat surface and which way you view this surface from).
Under the FE model, with the NP to the north and the SP to the south, when viewed from below (so not above like most maps would show but below which is where we are looking from), the stars north of the celestial equator would appear to move CCW. The stars south of the celestial equator would appear to move CW.

It doesn't depend upon which way you look, it depends upon the path of the star.

Perhaps one of the easiest ways to see this is with an equatorial sundial, observing the motion of the sun's shadow around the disk and how that varies between the northern and southern summers from you viewing the face the shadow is on (the one that indicates the time).

This alone would work with the bipolar FE model. Where it fails is that the line connecting the north and south pole need to pass through everywhere to keep the poles 180 degrees apart everywhere, which isn't possible on a FE, but is on a RE.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 04:58:07 AM »

(except rabinoz.)

Google seems to be neutral in this. Any amount of nonsense can be “proven” with a Google search. Access to Google requires increased powers of discernment—sorely lacking among FE.
"Science is real."
--They Might Be Giants